Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir (19472 Views)

Dr Nwaezeigwe Was Paid By Buhari To Write The False Review / Obasanjo Pushing HID Awolowo On Wheel-Chair (Picture) / Exclusive - Chief Obafemi Awolowo On Biafra (in His Own Words) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

LOL [size=14pt]these are Danjuma's words. The man that shot Fajuyi and Ironsi, so any other version is counterfiet like most igbo products.[/size]

of course you would accept whatever your aboki masters tell you.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by emmatok(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

see this : https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi

Lol,

Did you actually read the link you posted.

Fajuyi was shot alongside Ironsi.

You lied .
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

of course you would accept whatever your aboki masters tell you.

Call him whatever those are the fact. Any objection or you want to result to insults
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
The killing continued through to early May when people realised that the pogrom had arrived. Ironsi hurriedly convened a conference of all the Emirs, which are Moslem leaders throughout the Islamic North. The conference was held at Ibadan, capital of the Western Region It began on the 24th of July. Ironsi attended the conference by living with the governor of the Region. Major Fajuyi with whom Ironsi had served in the British Army in India. The Governor's residence called The Governor's Lodge was a heavily guarded building. Its guards numbering thirty well armed troops included Moslem troops. The idea of including Moslem troops among the guards was to demonstrate that, no animosity against Moslems existed in Ironsi's policy. So both Ironsi and Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. [size=14pt]Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed. "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi. “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.[/size]

Is there anyone more selfless and brave than Fajuyi ? Objective options. Now compare this man to the war general Ojukwu.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
emmatok:

Lol,

Did you actually read the link you posted.

Fajuyi was shot alongside Ironsi.

You lied .

Where did I lie?
Alj harem said fajuyi died for ironsi, i showed post that proves fajuyi was arrested by aboki, beaten up by aboki and shot by aboki. nowhere did he die for ironsi's sake.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

Call him whatever those are the fact. Any objection or you want to result to insults

yes there is an objection as there are conflicting reports by other officers present during the murders. i just linked to one. read it. https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by ba7man(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Igbos are killed like chickens in the north and the highest they do is close their shops for 2 days, they reside in the west with their families safely and instead of being glad they have such gracious hosts they start complaining.."Yorubas want to kill us" "Yorubas hate us". If we hated you guys we would have easily killed u all and taken those unimaginative businesses you're so proud of. Check out how profitable your transport companies are b'cos of of the route to Lagos,filled with people that "hate" you. Deluded set of people.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
tunnytox:

[size=16pt]Dream on! you don't even worth a sallah ram or xmas chicken you're as worthless as a 2 weeks old rotten fufu[/size]

You get time sha, se bi ti won ba npe eniyan ni abifun rairai se lo ma npa ifun e mo, bii t'awon afofun gbemu to wa lo ri gbagede yi ko. Se oo ri esi tunfulu to ko pada ni? Osan kaku ju ki ama ni'tiju lo. Won o ni itiju kan bo tiwu ki o kere o mo.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

Where did I lie?
Alj harem said fajuyi died for ironsi, i showed post that proves fajuyi was arrested by aboki, beaten up by aboki and shot by aboki. nowhere did he die for ironsi's sake.

The killing continued through to early May when people realised that the pogrom had arrived. Ironsi hurriedly convened a conference of all the Emirs, which are Moslem leaders throughout the Islamic North. The conference was held at Ibadan, capital of the Western Region It began on the 24th of July. Ironsi attended the conference by living with the governor of the Region. Major Fajuyi with whom Ironsi had served in the British Army in India. The Governor's residence called The Governor's Lodge was a heavily guarded building. Its guards numbering thirty well armed troops included Moslem troops. The idea of including Moslem troops among the guards was to demonstrate that, no animosity against Moslems existed in Ironsi's policy. So both Ironsi and Fajuyi felt quite safe. However, on the 25th of July, a contingent of heavily armed troops, all of the Northerners, speeded from a nearby Barracks to The Governors Lodge Ibadan. The time was about 8pm. Fajuyi was entertaining his guest, General Agui-Ironsi. The troops easily got access to the sitting room. [size=14pt]Without being announced, they forced themselves into the sitting room. They knew their victims. Without any ceremony, they ordered General Ironsi to stand up and be searched. With no struggle from Ironsi, he obeyed. One of them began to handcuff Ironsi. Fajuyi could not comprehend what was happening. "You can't do that” he bellowed. "Why? You keep away “The most senior officer of the troops ordered Fajuyi. “He is my guest, and you can't do that to him right in my house” "We've come to take him away” Responded one of the officers. "Take him away to where?” "That's none of your business; you keep away and sit down”, ordered the most senior of the rebel officers. But Fajuyi continued " I am a Yoruba; and we Yorubas do not allow gangsters to kidnap our guests from our home I can't let you hurt him “Fajuyi insisted. “Very well; Yoruba man; we'll teach you a lesson. We'll take both of you, “said the senior officer as he administered a hard blow on the face of Fajuyi. Then the troops pushed him and Ironsi into a waiting Land Rover.[/size]

Both men were then driven to a nearby bush and shot. The time was only nine o’clock. But Ibadan was like a ghost city in darkness. There were very few or no night life. Fear still gripped every one in the South. The end of Ironsi and Fajuyi was never published for a very long time, more than two months. Only gossips prevailed all over the country.

So is that not dying for Ironsi, oh he should have ran away like Ojukwu. My friend, we Yorubas don't run. We are humble and deep thinkers.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

yes there is an objection as there are conflicting reports by other officers present during the murders. i just linked to one. read it. https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/real-story-how-lt.col-fajuyi

Again you link is of no relevance if it was not written by these characters

1. Fajuyi (dead)

2. Ironsi (Dead)

3. Danjuma (alive)

4. The junior officer

any other is pure lies like the one Achebe just did.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by tunnytox(m): 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
naijababe:

You get time sha, se bi ti won ba npe eniyan ni abifun rairai se lo ma npa ifun e mo, bii t'awon afofun gbemu to wa lo ri gbagede yi ko. Se oo ri esi tunfulu to ko pada ni? Osan kaku ju ki ama ni'tiju lo. Won o ni itiju kan bo tiwu ki o kere o mo.

Sometimes i just want to expose their stupeedity, omo irankiran l'omo yen! Ododo oro ni pe won o ni itiju se ni won ranju kale bi eja oku eko.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
tunnytox:

Sometimes i just want to expose their stupeedity, omo irankiran l'omo yen! Ododo oro ni pe won o ni itiju se ni won ranju kale bi eja oku eko.

grin grin grin grin it fun at times grin grin grin grin grin grin just to pass away time wink
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

So is that not dying for Ironsi, oh he should have ran away like Ojukwu. My friend, we Yorubas don't run. We are humble and deep thinkers.

you really are full of it.
here.

"It was then that Fajuyi came out to find out what was holding me, and there inside the Government House Danjuma ordered for his arrest and mine too. That was when I saw Walbe. Then Fajuyi asked me to take him to Ironsi so that they will obey him, that there should be only one person in charge. So, I took them to Ironsi, and major Newman, immediately he saw Ironsi, he seized his crocodile swagger stick, and then they started asking him about the January coup, he said he didn’t know about it that he only agreed to be Head of State so that he can restore confidence and normalcy. It was immediately they arrested Ironsi that they turned violent".

My escape
As Fajuyi fell down and they were beating him, Sanni Bello came to me and tapped me and said, we could do something now. It was providence, may be I was not destined to die. I took a few steps from them and jumped into a nearby ditch, all in a split of a second, Bello came and stood by the ditch and was shouting that I had escaped pointing at another direction. So the soldiers ran around that direction shooting into the bush, and when they felt they must have killed me, they shot Fajuyi and then Ironsi there, by the side of the stream. So Bello made sure that he was the last to leave the place.
The ADC, who was later elected senator in 1983 stated that the former Head of State could have escaped if not that he wanted to make sure that there was no bloodshed. He said if he sacrificed his life and prevented bloodshed in Nigeria, it’s better for him. Even his chaplain urged him to escape but he said No. Also many of his officers who were contacted instead of taking action ran away.
The ADC denied the prevailing story that Ironsi was tied to a Land Rover and dragged along the road. He maintained that he saw Ironsi and Fajuyi shot dead. "They shot him on the chest and it was a burst, so he would have died after the first shot".

You can see from the first bolded that Fajuyi betrayed Ironsi by ordering a junior officer to take the murderers to Ironsi. Maybe he thought he coud save his azs by giving them Ironsi.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Any objection advocate666 ? grin grin grin

Have you watched the video yet ?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: Any objection advocate666 ? grin grin grin

Have you watched the video yet ?

I watched the video. Like I said before, some people need to be excommunicated from igboland.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by emmatok(m): 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

Most igbos are heroes. The hair on my child's hair is worth the entire Yoruba race.

Let me answer your previous yeye post full on nigerian jailbirds you call heroes.

Adekunle Fajuyi - I will just refer you to this thread to see how your aboki masters beat him mercilessly before cutting his throat like sallah ram. https://www.nairaland.com/1076677/realstory-how-lt.col-fajuyi
Victor Banjo - Shot like a castrated he goat in Enugu by General Odumegwu Emeka Ojukwu. Biafran head od State.
MKO Abiola - After being raped repeatedly by the abokis, they gently offered him nice cup of tea. Yoruba brain drank.
Kudirat Abiola - Shot in Lagos street (her fatherland) in broad daylight by her aboki masters whom she has been sucking off after they murdered her husband.
The entire Kuti family - The advent of AIDS shows that sometimed, god moves in mysterious ways.
Gani Fawehinmi - Blown up by your aboki fulani masters.

What did your people do after all these aboki on Yoruba atrocities? Nothing except turn and start badmouthing igbos on nl. Your elders even went to Abuja to collect blood money to shut up.

Shameless tribe: suicidal, cowardly, backstabbing, lazy, murderous, dirty, loud, useless, slavish, aboki follow follow, ugly, oily, snakey, beggars, parasitic.

This is your post.
See your account of Fajuyis death.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by rocoh(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lets love not war. I am yoruba and most of my friends are Igbos. Why should we hate ourselves. Its only the unloved and the unnatural that hate. I love Igbos and am thinking of marrying an Igbo lady self grin. Life continues.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
naijababe:

Eku laakaye. Agba ko ni tan lorile
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by klax(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
naijababe:

Adekunle Fajuyi
Victor Banjo
MKO Abiola
Kudirat Abiola
The entire Kuti family
Gani Fawehinmi
Etc

God bless you my brother you have said it all. Please either my own people believes it or not the truth will surely be unviel one good day but as I said either today or tomorrow I will not stand on the side of HATE for any tribe because a real fighter, a real warrior, a real Captain of war, a real man of the people will never disguised and ran away living his own people he claimed fighting for to be killed in dozens. So if anyone want to die because of Ojukwu or Biafra Biko bros good luck that is my view.

Every tribes in this country has contributed heroically to this land called Nigeria and as I used to say I stand for the truth I stand for love and i'm a progressive Nigerian not living in 1966 era nonsense in 2012 far from it. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

you really are full of it.
here.

You can see from the first bolded that Fajuyi betrayed Ironsi by ordering a junior officer to take the murderers to Ironsi. Maybe he thought he coud save his azs by giving them Ironsi.

You are a funny man if you believe that crap

1. So you think Soldiers would leave a man out of their sight and he jumped into a ditch grin grin grin grin

Who is this man and what ditch is in Ibadan ?

Moreover who would you believe this nobody or Danjuma who is still alive ? What does he have to gain ?
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

I watched the video. Like I said before, some people need to be excommunicated from igboland.

[size=14pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked Those were baifran ex-soldier that are disappointed at the cowardice of Ojukwu. Those are your fore-father you mumu[/size] (excuse my language grin )

if those people can see reason why would a nobody from a generation that did not experience the war reason like a goat ? (again excuse my language)

Haba you must admit, you have nothing on Awo and yorubas or even hausas.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

You are a funny man if you believe that crap

1. So you think Soldiers would leave a man out of their sight and he jumped into a ditch grin grin grin grin

Who is this man and what ditch is in Ibadan ?

Moreover who would you believe this nobody or Danjuma who is still alive ? What does he have to gain ?

look at this brainwashed fellow. so you actually believe believe mumu aboki soldiers knew what they were doing in 1966? like i said, you will believe everything your master fed you.
has danjuma come out and contradicted this man's account? since the truth started coming out, all of them have shut their mouth.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem:

[size=14pt] shocked shocked shocked shocked Those were baifran ex-soldier that are disappointed at the cowardice of Ojukwu. Those are your fore-father you mumu[/size] (excuse my language grin )

if those people can see reason why would a nobody from a generation that did not experience the war reason like a goat ? (again excuse my language)

Haba you must admit, you have nothing on Awo and yorubas or even hausas.

now you are resorting to insults which is what happens when one is losing an argument.

mouth will talk but the only black man in the history of mankind to ever create a country for his own people, a place where they can call home, and defend it for 3 good years against all odds is General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. An igbo man. Pride will kill me.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
e don finish ? grin grin grin grin Show is over grin grin grin

Ok now on a serious note.

We as a people should not let petty tribalism becloud our sense of reasoning. Yes I am an Awoist, this does not make me a tribalist rather it makes me a strong believer of Awolowo's idealogies. I know some would ask, "why can't I just form my own idealogy". Yes you all are right but Awolowo's idealogy is in line with mine. A commonwealth nation we all can enjoy. The first school Awolowo built was in Urhobo land and yes they made fun of him. Look at it today.

I love Igbos and trust me even today I was still called an Igbo man because of my looks I just laugh about it and wonder if Igbos on nairaland can see how Igbo loving I am. But this does not excuses Achebe's ignorance on the baifra issue.

Each time Baifra topic comes up and I am online it annoys me because first of all, I believe it is silly of us to be discussing issues that happened in 1960's in year 2012. Secondly, it brings out the worst in me because I have read and research on this baifra issue extensively. I have even done a personal survey to know more so I can be as objective as a man can be. I found out that I keep arriving at the same conclusions.

Sometimes it can drive a sane man crazy when you keep repeating the same issue and the same question are still being asked. Then you result to insult, that this point most yorubas would be laughing because you have started acting like lunatics.

I mean don't you find it embarrassing ? because I do for you all.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by vicenzo(m): 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Hehe! Betrayal is in these people's blood. so fajuiyi actually betrayed ironsi to save his Yoruba skin. ojukwu,ironsi,ribadu, the list of men who have fallen victim of yoruba's legendary treachery keeps increasing. Buhari beware!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
vicenzo: Hehe! Betrayal is in these people's blood. so fajuiyi actually betrayed ironsi to save his Yoruba skin. ojukwu,ironsi,ribadu, the list of men who have fallen victim of yoruba's lengendary treachery keeps increasing. Buhari beware!

WOW shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Na wa o, If I talk now they would say Alj harem is a bad man etc
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
alj harem: e don finish ? grin grin grin grin Show is over grin grin grin

Ok now on a serious note.

We as a people should not let petty tribalism becloud our sense of reasoning. Yes I am an Awoist, this does not make me a tribalist rather it makes me a strong believer of Awolowo's idealogies. I know some would ask, "why can't I just form my own idealogy". Yes you all are right but Awolowo's idealogy is in line with mine. A commonwealth nation we all can enjoy. The first school Awolowo built was in Urhobo land and yes they made fun of him. Look at it today.

I love Igbos and trust me even today I was still called an Igbo man because of my looks I just laugh about it and wonder if Igbos on nairaland can see how Igbo loving I am. But this does not excuses Achebe's ignorance on the baifra issue.

Each time Baifra topic comes up and I am online it annoys me because first of all, I believe it is silly of us to be discussing issues that happened in 1960's in year 2012. Secondly, it brings out the worst in me because I have read and research on this baifra issue extensively. I have even done a personal survey to know more so I can be as objective as a man can be. I found out that I keep arriving at the same conclusions.

Sometimes it can drive a sane man crazy when you keep repeating the same issue and the same question are still being asked. Then you result to insult, that this point most yorubas would be laughing because you have started acting like lunatics.

I mean don't you find it embarrassing ? because I do for you all.

See Yoruba snake. As soon as he is defeated starts seeking reconciliation.
STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR TRIBE.
STAND UP AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by aljharem(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
advocate666:

See Yoruba snake. As soon as he is defeated starts seeking reconciliation.
STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR TRIBE.
STAND UP AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin

good night my brother wink smiley
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by kunlejazz(m): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
This thread is hot!
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by makizee(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I guess Yoruba people finally have another fantasy from an indian hemp smoker to be happy about. This clown said he was discussing with fasheun about igbo presidency. what an iddiot. @Andre since you said you know this fool, tell him to shut up, both him and his opinions are irrelevant. maybe he is feeding on the bossoms of Tinubu or falseun and trying to keep his job. Looks like he is trying so hard to impress falseun. This bastaard fake doctor needs to be stoned to death for the sake of 3 million pregnant women and kids starved by awolowo. His name has been noted for the dustbins of igbo race. lying against truth to score cheap point. fool.

This repeated quote accusing Awolowo of starving ibos during is quite riduculous, wair was ur combatant supposed to give you a balanced diet comparable to what would obtain in a five star hotel abi.., the guy on the opposing side is supposed to make sure you are well fed, so you can continue to fight him, yes, Awo said it himself that there was a total blockade when the Nigerian government discovered that the food meant for civilians were hijacked by the soldiers(which would just unneccessarily prolong the war, just as pres truman decided to use the a bomb on japan to try end ww2) and the elites of Biafra, achebe and ojukwu inclusive, how come they and their families and cronies did not suffer any effects..to my ibo brethren, ur enemies are within Iboland.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by advocate666: 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
makizee:

This repeated quote accusing Awolowo of starving ibos during is quite riduculous, wair was ur combatant supposed to give you a balanced diet comparable to what would obtain in a five star hotel abi.., the guy on the opposing side is supposed to make sure you are well fed, so you can continue to fight him, yes, Awo said it himself that there was a total blockade when the Nigerian government discovered that the food meant for civilians were hijacked by the soldiers(which would just unneccessarily prolong the war, just as pres truman decided to use the a bomb on japan to try end ww2) and the elites of Biafra, achebe and ojukwu inclusive, how come they and their families and cronies did not suffer any effects..to my ibo brethren, ur enemies are within Iboland.

don't worry. We know our enemies.
Re: Dr. Nwaezeigwe Defends Awolowo On Achebe’s Civil War Memoir by ayobase(m): 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
paranoia_pill: ......
if any Igbo leader could have one-quarter of Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s vision for the Yoruba, then the Igbo are saved the pains of recurrent political idiocy.......
thats my post for the day!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

APC Decampees To PDP Declare Their Support For AtIku & Seyi Makinde (Pictures) / Court Drops Murder Charges Against The 15yr-old Child-bride Who Killed Her Hubby / Army To Stage Operation Python Dance 3 In South-East, Warns Pro-Biafra Agitators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.