Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure (20864 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Abbott(m): 12:26am On Oct 25, 2012
ehie: do u really think i give a fck what u decide to believe?

Noted.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by warrikid(m): 12:40am On Oct 25, 2012
Stack illiteracy is the problem of these northerners,dayuuum. They need all d scholarship dey can get to be educated to change the next generation abeg. . .shuuuuuuu *disgusted*s
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by odoguigbo: 12:46am On Oct 25, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] grin sad angryKudos to your action, sir. You did well. How I wish every governor can do so. Because those Power Holding Company of Nigeria people are bad and cheat. Just imagine them collecting money for work they did not render at the end of the month. Shege dambanza kawai ;DKudos to your action, sir. You did well. How I wish every governor can do so. Because those Power Holding Company of Nigeria people are bad and cheat. Just imagine them collecting money for work they did not render at the end of the month. Shege dambanza kawai
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by ikponma: 1:30am On Oct 25, 2012
No be only teacher but he takes care of cow!!! He must be a fool to beat fed govt ppl. Wakama illiterate.
Maxymilliano: Was the governor a former school teacher? Such traits is not hard to identify.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by agohavivi(f): 1:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Kettle calling the pot black. Probably Jonathan would flog him for lack of/poor performance. I'm surprised that we have people who support this barbaric governor's actions. What right has he to flog the PHCN manager abi e think say na im pikin? Odeh!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by agohavivi(f): 1:44am On Oct 25, 2012
control_seven: Pls Governor, u need not soil ur hands flogging those incompetents. Just make me ur commissioner for "corporal purnishments and related matters", then u shall bother no more! I have a good track record oookkkk!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Eventually you'll receive your own strokes from him for lack of performance. Remember what goes around comes around.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:16am On Oct 25, 2012
This is just absolute display of MADNESS by a quack who ought to led by example.The PHCN should go ahead and isolate that remote wammako village from d circuit so as to proof that idiot's(governor) claim.Why cant he flog the BK boys when last they visited the state. This aboki just Showed d world that he's a stack illiteracy and probably a local champion else he should ve come over to PHCN HQ here in Abj. God punish im father yansh
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by cosmatika(m): 2:39am On Oct 25, 2012
cry
ben4reel: Is the governor a former class-room teacher? #Just asking
. I wz going to ask dat. Or perhaps he wz once a fulani herdsman. My rice don burn wia I dey comment
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by blaqoracle: 3:14am On Oct 25, 2012
otokx: Jungle justice is bad.
what is jungle justice ? People Must Be Held accountable for their Responsibllity. imagine The Maintainance fee, illegally introduced in our bill, and later removed on the order of the late president,yar'adua, was once again re-introduced through the back door in this present administration, in addition to all sundry charges and vat. above All You Hardly Get Light. don't Forget that after nnpc,nepa staff earn the highest wages. i Hope The Next Time He Is Invited,he will be brought home in a body bag.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Iolo(m): 3:22am On Oct 25, 2012
And they say we are ripe for State police...smh.

1 Like

Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by COOLDUN: 3:24am On Oct 25, 2012
It is barbaric to take light in a false reason and barbaric to flog the PHCN manager and staff. both of them are barbaric . Barbaric + Barbaric = a Failed state. I laugh in Huasa language: kwai kwai kwai kwai kwai. This is the beginning of what Nigerians should witness very soon.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by ignis: 3:28am On Oct 25, 2012
This babaric act of the Governor, mobile police men and some of our leaders is the exact cause of boko haramism.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Alfred96p(m): 4:03am On Oct 25, 2012
Finally! I no say small lie go dey inside the tori! No how!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by lastpage: 4:03am On Oct 25, 2012
Report the Governor to Boko Haram ...and you will see the "James Bond" shaking and peeing in his pants!

Governors? They fear BH like bomb! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by codeline(m): 4:21am On Oct 25, 2012
Df
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Gboliwe: 4:24am On Oct 25, 2012
These grown arsed men need a mental check
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by codeline(m): 4:26am On Oct 25, 2012
Tre
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by chochoman: 5:01am On Oct 25, 2012
Nuzo':
Governor of Sokoto State, Northwest Nigeria, Aliyu Wamakko, has flogged a manager of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, for failing to supply electricity to his community.

Premium Times, an online news portal reports that the governor flogged the manager and ordered his security officials to assault two other PHCN staff.

The management of the Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company, KEDC, a subsidiary of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, accused the Governor of assaulting the workers.

The Acting Managing Director of the Company, Mohammed Adamu, made this known at a press briefing late Monday at the company’s Doka office in Kaduna.

Mr. Adamu explained that the staff was summoned by the governor and was beaten to a pulp by the Governor and some of his aides.

“On Saturday, 20th October, 2012, an unusual and unfortunate event took place which was beyond our comprehension. On the said date our business manager, Gwiwa Business Unit, Sokoto state, Moses Osigwe, was invited by the Executive Governor of the State, Aliyu Magatarkada Wamakko to his personal residence, over the issue of lack of power supply to his hometown, Wamakko, as a result of a failed 2.5MVA transformer.

“He accused our staff of deliberately denying his community, Wamakko, of power supply. As the business manager was trying to explain to him, the governor just brought out a horse whip (popularly known as bulala in Hausa language) and lashed him to a pulp,” Mr. Adamu said.

The PHCN boss said the governor’s brutality did not stop at being the direct aggressor, “as he also invited and instructed two hefty mobile police men to continue with the beating spree until the business manager fell on the ground and became unconscious.”

“In the same vain, the Governor did not stop at the beating of our business manager but invited two other staff of the company namely, Isyaku Daura, Officer 2 (Electrical) and Nuruddeen Mohammed, Staff 1 (Lines) and ordered the mobile policemen to beat them up, also to a pulp,” he lamented.

He described the governor’s action as uncalled for, barbaric, and uncivilised. The Senior Special Assistant to the Sokoto state Governor, Sani Umar, when contacted on phone told reporters that he was driving and would call back. He was yet to do so as at the time of this report.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/10/24/sokoto-governor-flogs-phcn-manager-office-failing-supply-electricity/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sokoto-governor-flogs-phcn-manager-office-failing-supply-electricity
touts in government.Would the same treatment have been applied if Τhe manager were an aboki or Τhe sultan's son?Would he make himself available for assessment of his tenure after 4yrs,So he can вe whipped if he falls short,Ndama.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by bolayei: 5:04am On Oct 25, 2012
its like a woman saying i want a child but i dont want to get pregnant. Electricity is part of civilization and the man is probably trying to live civilised but his decision on the providers of the so called electricity is uncivilised. if that was someone else the person go resign because him don hammer as long a there is evidence big time assault.GBH and its an inprisionable offence. Nigerian masses need to stand up for their rights and this oppression of the has to stop.the man with nothing to lose get more power than a man with alot to lose i.e na rich man get more to lose than poor man. And a richer man is not a better man than a poor man only richer
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by lumeneng22: 5:19am On Oct 25, 2012
Yomieluv: WTF,in 21 century? Hausas are indeed babarians,is it the PHCN boss fault that there was no electricity?.

I don't know how our leaders reason sef, most of them behave like common Touts,imagine a whole Governor.

Last week: Gangster Rochas fighting over chair!

This week: Mentally Deranged Governor flogging Manager.

Next week:?
. My bros, and we are looking up to some of them to become president!
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by caukerzee(m): 5:28am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=Babzilla]I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH U PEOPLE. THOSE IDIETS TRYING 2 MAKE IT TRIBAL SAYING ITS A HAUSA TRAIT REMEMBER THAT OBASANJO TOO FLOGGED A POLICEMAN. OR HE TOO HAS SOME HAUSA GENES IN HIS DNA.

ANYWAY SHA THAT PHCN MAN HAD IT COMING AND IT SERVES HIM RIGHT. FOR YEARS PEOPLE HAVE LANGUISHED UNDER THEIR YOKE. IN SOME COMMUNITIES VIGILANTES ARE SPECIALLY RECRUITED TO CHECK THEIR EXCESSES. INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PAINT THE MAN AS A VICTIM WE SHOULD BE ASKING HOW MAD HE...[\quote] i hate fools like you. Must you make up stories to justify this s h i t? And if you think the govenor was right, you are such a pathetic f a g.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by caukerzee(m): 5:35am On Oct 25, 2012
bory09: i just dey laugh when i see some comment. Make una all know 9ja no be USA. I like mr okorocha why person go chance ham and he go dey beg ham say wetin happen, sorry for what. Any person wey nid flogging renewance make dem help renew ham jare with confirm flogging no mata who u ar even the presdo fy gon no too much 4 dat. Flog anybody jare i support una. Some people nowadays no dey fear court again but i know say flogging go bridge the gap
if they ask you now you will call your self a litrate...smh. Im sure you are one of the hypocrits that crictisized aluu jungle justice. Now you come out and encourage it. Maybe you should be flogged to for talking like an illitrate.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nosyke(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2012
I must say that I'm disappointed in majority of the comments commending the Governor for assaulting the PHCN official. We shouldn't sacrifice good reasoning/judgment at the alter of sentiments.Its quite understandable, peoples frustrations in the hands of PHCN but then should we throw away the baby with the dirty water? If there was a failure on the part of PHCN,what the governor would have done was to follow approved channels to seek redress/better services.The PHCN staff was not employed by the governor infact he is a public servant like the Governor. The governor has no right to query the staff let alone lay his hands/koboko on him. Human right Organizations should take this up and he should be sued his
a** off. Oh I forgot,he has immunity from prosecution. I have always opined that immunity should be stripped off public officials
.I rest my case
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by dayokanu(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2012
What a country
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by danduchi(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2012
dominique: I don't get. Did he flog the manager personally or he ordered them to be floggedundecided
Wish I can also give those suckers the flogging of their lives
Na waoh....u saw the word 'bulala' and u think it a joke.Oga PHCN,hw body nw.
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by ekemit(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2012
dis governor is a useles govrnor i dnt blame him na real hausa brain he carry wat has he contributed 2 make sure dia is steady power in his state he has d gut 2 flog d inocent manager who has no hand in power generatn or distributn or transmisn in his if i get him i wil deal wit him personaly

1 Like

Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Abbott:

Ehie, sincerely, I doubt if this will ever happen in the SW/SE/SS and like I said it makes people from that part of country look bad not all of them. Even if he flogged him which is not just condone-able, not to the extent of coma.
Ligthen up.
Indeed people chose 2 see what they want to see. with Aluu still fresh on our minds U come up and make this statement?
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2012
Olu abayomi :
This is just absolute display of MADNESS by a quack who ought to led by example.The PHCN should go ahead and isolate that remote wammako village from d circuit so as to proof that idiot's(governor) claim.Why cant he flog the BK boys when last they visited the state. This aboki just Showed d world that he's a stack illiteracy and probably a local champion else he should ve come over to PHCN HQ here in Abj. God punish im father yansh

AND WITH STATEMENTS SUCH AS THESE YOU HAVE SHOWN THAT YOURE NOT SO EDUCATED YOURSELF wink
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 25, 2012
chochoman: touts in government.Would the same treatment have been applied if Τhe manager were an aboki or Τhe sultan's son?Would he make himself available for assessment of his tenure after 4yrs,So he can вe whipped if he falls short,Ndama.
MUMU THE REPORT ALSO SAID TWO ABOKIS WWHO ASSISTED THE MANAGER WERE ALSO FLOGGED. MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT BE SO QUICK TO TYPE
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 25, 2012
caukerzee: i hate fools like you. Must you make up stories to justify this s h i t? And if you think the govenor was right, you are such a pathetic f a g.

IM GLAD U HATE ME AND I PRAY THAT THE HATRED LEADS TO A QUICK END TO UR MISERABLE EXISTENCE. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by kunletech: 7:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Hahaahahha! The man has learned the most lesson of his life in adult age.
I remember when i was a teeneger at kaduna, I recieved one whiped by my community leader (may angwa), I danced breaking dance like late Micheal Jackson. I believe thesame the manager will be dancing when he was whiped
Re: Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure by hotchee: 7:25am On Oct 25, 2012
This trend(flogging) is really becoming popular wit our governors!bt my question is, who get's to flog d governors when they r found wanting?What's good for the goose should also be good for the gander!gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Plans Fresh N12 Trillion Borrowing, Public Debt To Hit N50 Trillion By 2023 / Damishi Sango Kidnapped With His Son On Their Way To PDP Convention / Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.