Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years (40189 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by lwisee: 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.
Nowhere to buy petrol, I have tried and tried,the heat is damn too much.
I decide to sit outside and it seems some force command the air not to blow.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.
Look at his cattle farm,the cows be like something wey get AIDS.

Frankly speaking, some people are like that,they are failure personified.
I pray it won't be the case this time around because it involves all of us.

I don't even know what to type again.I just tire

362 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by highpriest4: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
lwisee:
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.

se opari?
Oya gba

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by naijaboy756: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
The jazz he used on my **** people to endorse him is still a mystery. Some one with no record but bad records such as refusal to appear before Oputa panel, no certificate, promised that blood and baboon will soak in blood, a fight on boko haram is a fight against the north etc still came to rule Nigeria courtesy back-stabbing from the natural cowards. Shame!!!

237 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by SeverusSnape(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
Failure Presidiot. By the time Buhari is through with this country, You'll know change has two types. Some zombies were just screaming "I want change!", Not knowing change is either positive or negative, It's Obvious the "change" APC and B0ohari are offering are negative changes.

My fellow Nigerians, Let's "enjoy" the change while it lasts.

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by naijaboy756: 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Failure Presidiot.
the best name for him. 2 bottles of Origin for you grin

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Adofaya: 9:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
E sese bere (una just start)
Etiri nkankan (una never see anything )

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yesterday night, I was almost praying for death cos I felt like it was the end of the world. Intense heat coupled with mosquito battle.. What a memorable night ! cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
Too many mistakes by the Buhari's administration got us to this point.

From the moment he got elected, he left the economy without any direction whatsoever other than his obsession with corruption. The same mistakes repeated when he benefitted from the coup as a general. With the oil price on a steady decline, he should have assembled an economic team (an area which he is obviously handicapped) to envisage effects on the volatility of the oil price on the economy and formulate policies to provide palliatives.

Secondly, the man is still a dictator obvious by his outrage and media outburst on court cases, economic policies etc.

Lastly, since fate has dealt a cruel blow on him by making him president at a time the chief commodity of the country is close to worthless, the only reality I foresee is an economy that will need bailout in the nearest future.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by EasternActivist: 12:22am On Feb 23, 2016
The presidiot is in Saudi Arabia for stabilizing of oil price....

I just wonder how Obama laughter will be like...

This man is just clueless....

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Jirate(m): 3:09am On Feb 23, 2016
and he said he will makes the $ = N, , but today, barely Nine months since assuming office, the Naira has devalued itself hopelessly when compared to the American Dollar, the Man is not only incompetence, but he now resides "Abroad" and visit Nigeria when ever he likes.

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by DrayZee: 3:13am On Feb 23, 2016
That's life for you.
Anyways, when next you hear CHANGE.....

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by kilokeys(m): 3:25am On Feb 23, 2016
Bro u no vex pass me

QueenValerie.. The lips are yours.. kiss

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Pidggin(f): 3:37am On Feb 23, 2016
Nigerians Sha, virtually everything has increased in price, this evening wanted to buy Sardines, was surprised at the sudden change in price from N150 to N200 grin we just have to cope with this

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Sibrah: 3:37am On Feb 23, 2016
You mean you had electricity for 15 hour7 a day when ur hero ruled. If you are not having it any longer then look inwards because Buhari govt has improved on power supply. PAY UR BILLS AND STOP LYING ONLINE!!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Pavarottii(m): 3:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Welcome to CHANGE

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Naija9090: 3:50am On Feb 23, 2016
See how they packaged the man Bubu...like one professor of endocrinology at Harvard.Lol! I have never seen Bubu in suit until election time...to deceive gullible people. I even hear one yeye yoruba say he looks like Obama.Lol! I no even know se him get very big bald head until I saw this pic. By the time Bubu is done with this country, you no go see data buy sef to complain for Nairaland...I dey talk to you OP. Your situation even better, my neighbor wey campaign for Buhari nah for outside him dey sleep every night for this serious heat because light no dey stay pass one hr. Him don cry tire say even under Jonathan yes things bad but no be like this at least then him dey sleep inside house as light dey day.

187 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 5:38am On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:

What state in Nigeria are you in? The power situation lately has deteriorated,the heat is just too much and yet the tarrifs has been increased. What type of country are we living in and why do we keep having dunces at the helms of affairs?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 5:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Sibrah:
You mean you had electricity for 15 hour7 a day when ur hero ruled. If you are not having it any longer then look inwards because Buhari govt has improved on power supply. PAY UR BILLS AND STOP LYING ONLINE!!

he is not lying and this is not about paying bills. I know you eat from Buhari's crumbs and that's why you will remain blind to the truth.

165 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by millhouse: 5:55am On Feb 23, 2016
truthbastille:
Too many mistakes by the Buhari's administration got us to this point.

From the moment he got elected, he left the economy without any direction whatsoever other than his obsession with corruption. The same mistakes repeated when he benefitted from the coup as a general. With the oil price on a steady decline, he should have assembled an economic team (an area which he is obviously handicapped) to envisage effects on the volatility of the oil price on the economy and formulate policies to provide palliatives.

Secondly, the man is still a dictator obvious by his outrage and media outburst on court cases, economic policies etc.

Lastly, since fate has dealt a cruel blow on him by making him president at a time the chief commodity of the country is close to worthless, the only reality I foresee is an economy that will need bailout in the nearest future.
bitter truth

25 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by naijaboy756: 6:02am On Feb 23, 2016
Sibrah:
even though you are a shameless person, try get small shame na! What did they do about power? Have they even passed the budget talk more of building a power station? Hypocrite

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by 234GT(m): 6:07am On Feb 23, 2016
The power situation is at an all time low, just as the FG recently announced, sorry 'propaganded' an all time high Power generation lol. Nigerians we never see anything. This is preamble.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by SegunAdewole: 6:12am On Feb 23, 2016
The presidiot is a kunu-sipping mofo with cow dungs for brains. May the economy crash on his head and his head only.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by dunkem21(m): 6:14am On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli, people are sad ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Adesiji77: 6:14am On Feb 23, 2016
angry
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by ednut1(m): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2016
welcome back to 1985. Fela said it all. jamming my Overtake don over take overtake nd confusion break bone

24 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by SegunAdewole: 7:00am On Feb 23, 2016
ednut1:
welcome back to 1985. Fela said it all. jamming my Overtake don over take overtake nd confusion break bone

confusion break bone yepaa!

20 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by tolexy123: 7:25am On Feb 23, 2016
pele
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by lwisee: 7:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Sibrah:

****dont you know that when you take supply from 33KV line,the probability of having constant supply is high.
Keep wondering how many transformers will be as cold as ice water if a 33KV line cant boast of 1hr supply a day.

8 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gists: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:

@the bolded.
YOu are part of the problem. You are not supposed to take power from the 33kV line. That set of powerlines is reserved for industries. The bulk of the faults on electric installations come from end users (i.e residential users) . You individual consumers have brought down that line with so many faults (which is typical of residential lines). Other reason could be that that line has been overloaded. It was supposed to serve heavy loads from the industries and it now has to carry more load than it was originally designed for. Also note that your community may not be the only one connected to that line. Other near-by communities too will be encouraged to do the same illegal connection thereby compounding the problem.

So, face the consequence of your action and the PHCN official that connected you to the industrial line should be prosecuted.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by otokx(m): 8:08am On Feb 23, 2016
Pidggin:
Nigerians Sha, virtually everything has increased in price, this evening wanted to buy Sardines, was surprised at the sudden change in price from N150 to N200 grin we just have to cope with this

Sardines is 165 for Titus in Spar PH, its 140 for other less known brands. We Nigerians love to over profit from every situation aka greed.

5 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by iamrealdeji(m): 8:22am On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:

I feel the same way bro. Unfortunately,I was one of the folks that were campaigning for Buhari on line,but i'm so much disappointed now that I don't even listen to news that much anymore. Buhari is like a curse to Nigeria,he's complicating matters the more and I got to realize that Tunde Idiagbon was actually ruling Nigeria during their military regime.

44 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week / Ibrahim Magu Decorated As AIG (Photos) / Aisha Buhari's 45th Birthday Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.