Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (40459 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Armoured 2009 Ford Expedition For Politicians, Government Dignatories & Vip's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by luvinhubby(m): 3:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
@katunj
The list says 457 roads, how many roads are in Lagos, if PDP can give us developmental administration with a humane face, abeg let them come take over Lagos.
By the way, why did Fashola shelve tolling Lekki expressway from Feb. 2011 till after elections if not hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by thelastPope(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun:

It is a tough question,but dynamic changes come with sacrifices.People just got to learn to adapt without sinking,because at the long run,it always turn out better.

You can talk trash because you have a car abi? Because you are benefitting from ACN money abi? Do you know how many of these Okada peeps are Lagos state citizens? Go to Agege. Go to mushin, Alimosho and many other places and see. All of you eating from ACN purse just come here and talk trash! Hypocrites and liars!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by redsun(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
take dat: @ lostpope,whoever reads your comments will think its borne out of genuine concern for the Okada riders. All these your false sympathy doesn't change a thing. PDP remains unsellable in Lagos

Lastpope could be beaf,and every sane person knows that he stands for,that he stands for NOTHING.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Koolking(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2012
mrkels: A Puzzle: Which governor distributed helmets before election & seized their bikes after election?

Those Helmets were to be exchanged for bikes after election. grin grin ;DThe man is a smart frog
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by luvinhubby(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
take dat: @ lostpope,whoever reads your comments will think its borne out of genuine concern for the Okada riders. All these your false sympathy doesn't change a thing. PDP remains unsellable in Lagos

Don't be too sure, we know what happened in 2003.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by bigtt76(f): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
@OP ...Nice one there! My point exactly ...majority of those motor bikes were bought and distributed by these same politicians clamoring their destruction today. They seem to prefer to have more idle hands (having been deprived their source of livelihood) unleashing terror or who ... the rich and mighty in the society! I won't be any surprised when the scourge of kidnapping starts rearing its ugly head in Lagos soon. God help Naija.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by thelastPope(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2012

Be fooling yourselves there! PDP doesn't even need to sell themselves. ACN is doing a good job of selling PDP. The rate at which ACN is going, by 2015, PDP might not even need to do adverts! Lol

You sit on your high horse up there and spew garbage and forget that PDP won Lagos Island, Badagry, Ikorodu in the last local government election. ACN got away with rigging there but won't get away with rigging in 2015 thanks to GEJ's new free and fair elections stance! Thank God the courts overturned their rigging for island. In 2015, we are waiting. It doesn't matter which party wins, (LP, PDP, Accord, whatever) but we know who not to vote for. Hypocrites and crooks. We will know the candidate when we see him! Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by takedat(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
luvinhubby:

Don't be too sure, we know what happened in 2003.
What happened in 2003? Was Lagos among the States who lost to PDP? Rather than leave my hopes on people like Bode George and his cohorts I'll prefer to be with an unreliable Tinubu.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by wellmax(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2012
If your bike is taken away and you turn to arm robbery, then I know that you have been a robber all the while, Bike was just a tool and a cover up.
Tell me, PDP Amechi banned Okada in PHC, what happened....nothing, in fact crime rate has reduced.
Bike was banned in PDP's Abuja, what happened....again natin..life just went on. Several PDP cities did same.
So stop this unnecessary beaf for ACN.

5 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by pappilo(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
katunj: I guess reading is one major problem of we nigerian, I still dont understand why u people find it hard to understand simple things, u guys shld try and get a copy of the lagos traffic law and read, it was stipulated in the document that okada must not ply some major highways in the state, get the document (itz all over the web) and u will see the list of the roads okada riders are not allowed to ply, not that it was totally ban from operating in the state. you guys shld try and knw watz in the law b4 posting rubbish jor!! angry

I dont know what road the first picture was taken on but it sure looks major enough for okadas not to be allowed on it. Why didnt Fash enforce this ban before the election if this Lagos Traffic law has been in existence for donkeys like you claim.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by thelastPope(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun:

Lastpope could be beaf,and every sane person knows that he stands for,that he stands for NOTHING.

All these weak jibes won't save you! Your governor is messing up big time! He needs his head checked! That guy is out of touch with reality!

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by aspabay(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
To all those criticizing ACN, would you prefer a one party Nigeria (PDP).
ACN remains the only viable opposition, they might have made mistakes, I'm sure they will do something about it.
I dint just want them to go the way of NCP, AD, PPA and all the other dead party.
What we need to do is to constructively criticize them. Opposition MUST NOT DIE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Dazzlerays(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
This is the beginning of Hunger Strike for some families. This is Unfair embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Lucasbalo(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
RICHIE BOI: The Changing Face of Lagos. Eko o Ni baje oooooooo.
[Governor Fashola's relationship with Okada people, during the governorship Election and after Election].

Naija Can Do Better!
There is no sense in banning all this okada people , this is their livelihood . Fashola did not do well about this with the high unemployment rate in Lagos. Creating new set of armed robbers is not d solution. This people should go to court and seek redress.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Lucasbalo(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lucasbalo: There is no sense in banning all this okada people , this is their livelihood . Fashola did not do well about this with the high unemployment rate in Lagos. Creating new set of armed robbers is not d solution. This people should go to court and seek redress.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by takedat(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Be fooling yourselves there! PDP doesn't even need to sell themselves. ACN is doing a good job of selling PDP. The rate at which ACN is going, by 2015, PDP might not even need to do adverts! Lol

You sit on your high horse up there and spew garbage and forget that PDP won Lagos Island, Badagry, Ikorodu in the last local government election. ACN got away with rigging there but won't get away with rigging in 2015 thanks to GEJ's new free and fair elections stance! Thank God the courts overturned their rigging for island. In 2015, we are waiting. It doesn't matter which party wins, (LP, PDP, Accord, whatever) but we know who not to vote for. Hypocrites and crooks. We will know the candidate when we see him! Stay tuned!
Whoever takes over the realms of power from Fashola, for me is inconsequential as long as he is not PDP.

Not in support of rigging but you will bear me witness that no PDP governed state has an opposition party winning a chairmanship seat. Its good that LASIEC and Lagos State Judiciary are reliable That is why elections can be upturned in favour of an opposition party unlike PDP states where their judiciary has been pocketed

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by redsun(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

All these weak jibes won't save you! Your governor is messing up big time! He needs his head checked! That guy is out of touch with reality!

I think he is the best nigeria can offer now,minus tinubu.Shaping the future for a long run success does not come on a platter of gold.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by aspabay(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Please is PDP a better option
Answer sincerely
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by thelastPope(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
aspabay: To all those criticizing ACN, would you prefer a one party Nigeria (PDP).
ACN remains the only viable opposition, they might have made mistakes, I'm sure they will do something about it.
I dint just want them to go the way of NCP, AD, PPA and all the other dead party.
What we need to do is to constructively criticize them. Opposition MUST NOT DIE!!!

Funny enough, I do agree with you that we need viable opposition in Nigeria and I would love to see the rise of Labour Party. I think the LP in Nigeria can become a really strong opposition since they can harness workers powers and numbers. The annoying thing about ACN is that they came with this holier than thou mantra and gave a lot of hope only for them to turn out as real hypocrites! They are so divisive, arrogant, despotic and undemocratic. We need a democratic opposition where people can have a voice, not a one man enterprise. I wish Oshiomole will join Mimiko in LP and it will be game on!

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nicompop: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
And look at what Okada people did to fashola ...lol

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by takedat(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nicompop: And look at what Okada people did to fashola ...lol
Your username depicts you as a stu*id person. Does the BRT buses belong to Fashola or Lagos state Government? What a silly person you are, people like you shouldn't be found in sane environment

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin those illiterate okada biatches did not see the Ban coming grin grin grin

angry angry angry angry
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by controlseven: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
Change is inevitable! It doesn't matter when it comes... before, during or after the elections. Abuja, PH, even Aba were riddled with such noisy & bone-breaking machines but today, serenity has returned to those roads. Laws are meant to be obeyed!

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by thelastPope(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
redsun:

I think he is the best nigeria can offer now,minus tinubu.Shaping the future for a long run success does not come on a platter of gold.

Best for where? Don't let me even start! Most of you seat in VI and read the nation to form your opinion of Nigeria. The best governor in Nigeria is Godswill Akpabio by miles! When you go to Akwa ibom, you will now understand the meaning of the phrase "shaping the future". Fashola is just planting grass and flower. Before now, the best governor was Donald Duke! Ironically, both are PDP.

What does Lagos have? Lagos doesn't even have a simple zoo! No new hospital! No new university! No public water! Lol

All the facilities in Lagos are private sector driven. The private sector is the one developing Lagos, not LASG. All LASG is doing is collecting tax!

3 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
The Ban on Okada is a necessary evil. Someone has to clean the mess called Lagos. Majority of the riders are from Niger Republic and Chad

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GARRIx7(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Best for where? Don't let me even start! Most of you seat in VI and read the nation to form your opinion of Nigeria. The best governor in Nigeria is Godswill Akpabio by miles! When you go to Akwa ibom, you will now understand the meaning of the phrase "shaping the future". Fashola is just planting grass and flower. What does Lagos have? Nothing! Lagos doesn't even have a simple zoo! Lol

All the facilities in Lagos are private sector driven. The private sector is the one developing Lagos, not LASG. All LASG is doing is collecting tax!

Can you compare the population of Lagos to that of Akwa-Ibom??

Your hatred for Fashola is gonna drive you crazy (I hope it does soon enough).... grin grin grin

Meanwhile what is it about you and a ZOO?? Are you an animal?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by amosy007: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
The lost-ape lost hope is definately beaf..
No Doubt
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by ochallo: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite: So because of that,he should watch them die everyday abi and kill innocent passenger with them.I am sure if u go to Igbobi majority of the patient are Okada riders flaunting the rules.

How dumb can you be?
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by redsun(m): 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Best for where? Don't let me even start! Most of you seat in VI and read the nation to form your opinion of Nigeria. The best governor in Nigeria is Godswill Akpabio by miles! When you go to Akwa ibom, you will now understand the meaning of the phrase "shaping the future". Fashola is just planting grass and flower. What does Lagos have? Nothing! Lagos doesn't even have a simple zoo! Lol

Zoo,what has zoo got to do with this?If what akwa ibom have as a zoo is the kind picture that was posted recently by one of the eastern based posters during the independence day celebration is your idea of a zoo,i dont think any right thinking administration needs that.That abode is an insult to magnificient animals and man's ingenuity.

However,it is the responsibility of the government to credibly collect taxes(minus tinubu),accontably disperse it back to the society and create an enabling environment for the private sector to thrive.I think the only thing he is doing wrong here is getting tinubu involve with tax collection,without giving accurate accounts.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by hammedkola(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
And that is why we called it politics...

But on the other hand, a second danfo is not as expensive as an okada, SO, Fashola should provide them with it
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by idesignwebsite(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
ochallo:

How dumb can you be?
Dumb enough to know a single soul is not worth an Okada driving against traffic while flaunting the Law. If you are not satisfy with the Law,go and seek an amendment to it.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2012
hammedkola: And that is why we called it politics...
But on the other hand, a second danfo is not as expensive as an okada, SO, Fashola should provide them with it
2013 will come with next alternative to Okada, most of them will have opportunity (if they wish) to wear Uniforms and drive some clean intra-city buses under the PPP scheme which will be announced soon. Welcome to the New Lagos, where owners of Phantoms, Lambo and Ferrari can be free to drive on the streets without being afraid of being hit or bashed by the mayhem called Okada.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.