Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (40458 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians / Armoured 2009 Ford Expedition For Politicians, Government Dignatories & Vip's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by jude33084(m): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite: Oga Fashola didn't make the law,he is an executive governor,which implies he is an executor. I am sure he has security report on the menace of Okada in Lagos and the number of people who are crying in Igbobi. Okada should be restricted to street,not highways,especially in high traffic city like Lagos,on this matter I support fashola

To destroy bikes undecided

Easy way out of problem, ALUU community did same sad
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by katunj: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Corruption is the main problem and you seem like a political thug defending his daddy. angry

There are certain laws that have to be bent because of the people it can harm. Take the illegal immigration of Mexicans to USA. They are commiting a crime but now, many of them will be given amnesty and an approach to citizenship because the cost and harm in relocating the illegals to Mexico are too much.

There are many Okada riders that have been sustaining families with their Okad. Why not create jobs in the transport industry or create a moto gp race where okada riders can compete or something before banning the Okadas all together?

How would these poor people feed or eat?

You are a wicked soul.

If u must knw am not a politician, and let me ask u, do u have problem reading? or you find that document (lagos traffic law) too many to read?
or do u find it too difficult to understand itz content? anyway okada and der raiders have not being banned in lagos state, they were only asked not to take der trade to the major highways in the state. And by the way have u seen or witness okada accident on any major highway in lagos especially ikorodu road and lagos, abeokuta expressway? i guess u've not and i pray that u 'll never be involved in any form of it.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by GARRIx7(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
I wonder y some pple are saying Okada has been banned in Lagos State??

They were only told not to ply some routes.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by elcatino: 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
tomakint: Fashola is under the influence of godfather, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, this is what you do when you are a YES-MAN!!! Thank God Mimiko (Iroko)and the good people of Ondo State refused that! ACN is dying gradually, take it or leave it. I have always maintained that, throughout human history and all over the world, economic survival is the most important motive for action. Politics is the theatre where the struggle to gain access to resources is waged. In Nigeria, the main objectives of people in politics is to be in charge of the distribution of oil wealth, tax-payers money, the more reasons we have so many candidates vying for the post of president, senators, representatives, governors, assembly members, council chairmen and councillors. Political corruption appears to be the greatest threat to stability and development in Nigeria.
u'v said it all. Gbam!!!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by homerac7: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
@ thelastpope,

u have been making so much noise since the first page wt u emotional posts. truly, d ban is painful for many reasons, but doesnt it outweigh its proliferation? my friend, take chill pill, in another 6 months time, people would hav adjusted and sanity will b better on d roads. i am sure people were like this too when BRF went breaking stalls and turning shanties to flower gardens in d first tenure, but later we all appreciate d present looks to what it was. nobody develops by not taking painful steps, so this is one of many to come.

i guess u hav some okada dt aboki boys ride to make "delivery" for u, dont worry, just re-invest in danfo and taxis, they r more profitable now.

get used to it and move on friend, afterall, its no sign of retrogression in any way.

by d way, most of d "aboki" boys r not Nigerians, they r illegal aliens. they hav only gone back to their places to continue wt their lives. i'm not being insensitive, just dt "d party is over".

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by mallorca(m): 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Such is life
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
Typical Nigeria Fashola style politics. No vision, no plan, no strategy, no thorough analysis , no consultation . Kill today and diagnose tomorrow. This is a man that rendered many people homeless by pulling down their homes without any thought to where they should go. He did it and no one dare questioned him. One of these days his policy will lead to a revolution that may just back fire.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by VUVUZELA10: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
One of the best topics ever posted.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by james1(m): 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2012
Banning okada is taking from people their means of livelihood but its a policy the LASG thinks is good for the overal good of the state.
Why didn't fashola think up a way to at least cushion the damning effects that's is certain to come on the riders,their families and the general public?
Why is a city the size of lagos without an intra city rail system?
Why did fashola now choose to insult the the okada riders this way?after election.
Why did they not deem it fit to include in the v/i-epe expressway,rail tracks?
May God help A C N come 2015.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by idesignwebsite(m): 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2012
jude33084:

To destroy bikes undecided

Easy way out of problem, ALUU community did same sad

ALUU community didn't do the same,rather they embark on jungle justice,like the Okada men did to the collective wealth of Lagos,I think the problem is that the fines the law imposed on Okada men is about 25percent the cost of the bike itself,while that for a vehicle is about 4percent of the cost of vehicle,so it is quite understandable if they can't bail themselves out. But the fact still remains that there is a law in place and there are no perfect law anywhere,so why not obey the law and seek proper amendment of the law.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2012
VUVUZELA10: One of the best topics ever posted.

I doubt it . The " danfo uniform" story was probably the best. Nevertheless , this is interesting . If only it can make national news here in Nigeria. It will generate some interesting things that may just shift Nigeria citizens out of thier complacency on voting and choosing politicians who have a vision rather than those who splash money around to buy your vote.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Princewell2012(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2012
Nigeria is not the only country that uses okada as a means of transportation, Why don't him construct another lane for okada riders, the way it was done on other parts of the counties. And by the way banning okada in lagos does not make lagos a me ga city, there are so many other ways he can achieve that, I see these as a share wickedness.fashola has began to fall gradually and he never notice it, and iam very sure ACN will never win lagos again and that is a very big advantage for PDP to take over lagos in next comming election. Finally there are a lots of accidents on our roads everyday and most of them are not even okada, so should he also ban those buses for the daily live been taken due to accidents? Let's him be ready to fight armed robbers.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by DANGOTEONE: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
I believe Air Transportation in Nigeria should also be banned because it has recorded the most death(s) in AN HOUR (more than 154 SOULS perished in an hour trip) than all other means of transport combined.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by agnesefe: 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
@op
If you think any of the victims or protagonists will learn or muse over this and, similar convenient alliances, then I guess you are new to the Nigerian. You need not hold your breath; some event will overtake this, or a political theory advanced, if it already is not in motion, or worse, some denials made, about the former romance gone sour.

Both the victim and apologist will continue the disposable, short-memoried and plundered journey as Nigerian, until they are robbed of all alternatives and fall back options.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by yinchar(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
In same vien........Two Auchi Poly students held for ‘kidnap’, ‘rape’ and ‘murder’
https://www.nairaland.com/1084634/two-auchi-poly-students-held
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by onatisi(m): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2012
i wonder who gave fashola the idea of destrying okadas ,there are many ways of discouraging okada for commercial use,this is really a damm good propaganda message for their opposition.i think acn felt or feels that there is nothing anybdy can do to win lagos from them
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by poke(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
kellystech: Dis man (fashola) is just been very ALUU to okada ppl grin
i like your analogy, but really, this ALUU thing is very very painful and out of respect for the innocent boys and their families, please don't use it this way. its all about empathy

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by foyeks2001(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
Some pple can be so funny on nairaland sha...El Rufai did d same in Abuja(then a lot of people relocated coupled wit d demolition of houses)...its just a matter of time, Lagosians will get use 2 d situation...dis rural-urban migration is one of our poblems in Nigeria, am sure, many peeps will go back and develop their villages, so that their villages wld b turned 2 an urban area...must everybody live in d city?its unfortunate that Nigeria can only boast of 4major cities...Abuja,Lagos, PHC and Kano...abeg let's develop other areas...
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Lets get something cleared here. Okada was not developed with commuting in mind, we found it a necessary evil to get from Point A to B. With the advent of the quick bucks syndrome, people tend to forget skills acquisition and join the madness called 'Okada' riding. Okada was a child of necessity that went viral and became a weapon of mass destruction of bones, rendering many "a parentless" and manufacturing an army of foreigners who troop into Lagos from Niger Republic for quick buck. This madness has to be stopped and if Lagos must become our own NYC, then, someone has to be called 'Bad'. I stand by Fashola on this.

2 Likes

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by james1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
....Is fashola bent on destroying A C N?this is his last tenure and I can only wonder if he wants to form his own party and be a godfather.just my thoughts.lol
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by opaitbaba(m): 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2012
KokoBeware: Lol.... Nice one...

wecome to 9jarian politics
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by onatisi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
foyeks2001: Some pple can be so funny on nairaland sha...El Rufai did d same in Abuja(then a lot of people relocated coupled wit d demolition of houses)...its just a matter of time, Lagosians will get use 2 d situation...dis rural-urban migration is one of our poblems in Nigeria, am sure, many peeps will go back and develop their villages, so that their villages wld b turned 2 an urban area...must everybody live in d city?its unfortunate that Nigeria can only boast of 4major cities...Abuja,Lagos, PHC and Kano...abeg let's develop other areas...
oh my god ,how do people reason like this for goodness sake
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
idesignwebsite: Oga Fashola didn't make the law,he is an executive governor,which implies he is an executor. I am sure he has security report on the menace of Okada in Lagos and the number of people who are crying in Igbobi. Okada should be restricted to street,not highways,especially in high traffic city like Lagos,on this matter I support fashola

Good point but implementation as always let's him down time and time again. What has he done to replace okada? How will those who use it as a means of feeding their family survive. They will probably go back to their armed robbery, pick-pocketing and usual harassment of innocent Lagosians.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
batiatus:
seriously? is banning okada going to make lagos look like dubai? security threat? FASHOLA should also ban cars as well for security reason since bokoharam have been using cars for their sucide attack.

Excellent! Comparing Dubai To Lagos is like comparing Nigerian street vigilantes to the USA commandos !!!
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by EmmaTay(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2012
[size=35pt]That serves them right[/size]
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2012
katunj: I guess reading is one major problem of we nigerian, I still dont understand why u people find it hard to understand simple things, u guys shld try and get a copy of the lagos traffic law and read, it was stipulated in the document that okada must not ply some major highways in the state, get the document (itz all over the web) and u will see the list of the roads okada riders are not allowed to ply, not that it was totally ban from operating in the state. you guys shld try and knw watz in the law b4 posting rubbish jor!! angry

I guess all the okada drivers must have read it and misunderstood it! Where did they get their copies from . maybe they didn't have any power and couldn't switch on their computers.
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by ba7man(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2012
That ban was necessary, the okada population and menace was getting out of hand and a check had to be put in place. At least the average Niger guy will think twice now b4 comin to Lagos to start biking.

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by johndavid1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2012
EmmaTay: [size=35pt]That serves them right[/size]
ur relation fit dey among the okada people oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by adusboy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
Abeg yall stop saying shit Jare sometimes we all gatto make tough decisions for the greater good...

1 Like

Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by SELFWORTH: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Stop spewing this BS! Stop blaming Oaka for your incompetence! You and your ilk are callous hypocrites and 419!

Answer the questions. If the Okada guys are criminals and security risk and destroying Lagos,

1. Why did he use them for his campaign
2. Why did he distribute helmets to them
3. Why did he issue them licences and permits?

He is a deceiver! A fraud! A hypocrite! A usurper! A despot who carries out ethnic profiling in a multi racial and multi ethnic period in history. He cares only for his pocket and for the pockets of his sponsors!

Uhhhh!!! Pause for thought . Take it easy though
Re: Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) by kaykay123(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2012
I am sure most of you here saying rubbish about BRF are not from Lagos state,and am sure most of you haven't been to Gbobi either if you do ,you will thank the executive governor for what he is doing,We stand by Fashola on this issue,those Nigeriens should go back to there country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Atiku: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Secondus, Others Arrive Tribunal (Photo) / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku In Fight To The Finish / See Mothers Of Missing Chibok Girls Crying Today As Buhari Disappoints Them(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.