Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai (18752 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Read El-rufai's Touching Speech After Winning APC Gubernatorial Ticket In Kaduna / Read El-Rufai's Brilliant Take Down Of Gej's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

With myopic mindsets and sentimental emotions like yours, I doubt if Nigeria will ever attain greatness.

Believe it or not, The Northern part of Nigeria produces the best Architects and Engineers in Nigeria who are doing Nigeria Proud.

The Medical end as well is highly being dragged by the SouthWesthern and Northern students.

So think well before commenting. The Average Educated Northernern is highly educated and 'brillaint'
i am from edo state. Did my NySc in the North East. From my observation, we have alot of educated illiterates in the south. Many people go to school, thier mind and soul not educated. While in d North, very few go to school. But those few are better educated wen compared to those of us from d south. For us in d south, going to schoool is a culture, so most of us dont really know why we are going to school. But in d North, going to school is more of a decision. So northerners who went to school are more informed.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
nigerian youths remind me of the pouting male models in zoolander,empty and without depth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by OkwaIfugo(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ahhahaahha mallam is @it again.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by vislabraye(m): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

Racial statement or not, is she lying or saying the truth?

You need to travel to developed countries to see that in reality the average black lacks something and that is "Vital Knowledge".

If Obasanjo didn't help the likes of Dangote, Otedola and others Monopolize the Nigerian market, do you think they will be amongst the worlds 2,000 richest men. See an average American who didn't attend college for a day is way ahead an average Nigerian Masters Degree holder.

This statement might sound too mean but it is a reality.

Let's stop shying away from the truth.

You agree she was also refering to you right?
People around the world are fighting hard against stereotypes and you are upholding this nothion.

If you choose to see the wrong about your race or country, that's left for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by madamebebe(f): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
ferdiii:

When the system is bad what do you do? He siphoned off our cash and took his dead daughter to UK.
. Ouch !!! Easy brah! Quite sensitive
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by nagoma(m): 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
El - Rufa'i is right on this, especially some of those on NL. Thank you El - Rufa'i for challenging the couch potatoes called Nigerian Youths.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2012
nosa gold:

Naa, I wanted Ť☺ say garry cahil of chelsea, he was crying after their loss on tuesday 9t

and what did Gary Neveil say about it?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Chubhie: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
ferdiii:

When the system is bad what do you do? He siphoned off our cash and took his dead daughter to UK.
i agree with you that the system is bad...... These same youths have access to the internet and only deem it fit for social media... Only if they understand the tools they carry in their own hands. There are even millions of books online and lots of E-classrooms. Talk of lack of self motivation for learning.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Cultured(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

Like I have stated twice earlier and will state again. El-rufai talking about "Reading" isn't just pointing at SCHOOL Books my brother.

While in school, I stabbed classes, confronted all my lecturers, first student to confront the VC and others, but one thing was never take away, all those people respected me for my intellect.

Reading isn't just about school books here. It is all about general knowledge and good reasoning.

Your arguments are quite sound .
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by janvier27(m): 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
our system promotes mediocrity. the youths even fare better in this than those who are supposed to show us direction. imagine senators who can not even write their names.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2012
berem: I should be asking you Billy! Shebi na you know book pass for Nairaland? Abeg teach me because I be proper Olodo! cheesy
berem, Are you single ?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
atbu1983: i am from edo state. Did my NySc in the North East. From my observation, we have alot of educated illiterates in the south. Many people go to school, thier mind and soul not educated. While in d North, very few go to school. But those few are better educated wen compared to those of us from d south. For us in d south, going to schoool is a culture, so most of us dont really know why we are going to school. But in d North, going to school is more of a decision. So northerners who went to school are more informed.

When an Hausa man and Ibo man go to school, they aim for the ultimate.
You are so correct on the South thing, it is more of a cultural thing.

This same El-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu were nominated by Atiku Abubakar into the OBJ/Atiku government based on merit. They were 2 young men with very high intellect, brave and hardworking, Atiku now brough them to Obasanjo and when OBj noticed their hardwork and intellect, he kept promoting them in government rapidly (Nuhu got 3 promotions in the force with 6years) which was ridiculous.

But along the line, the swore allegiance to OBJ and went against Atiku, the man who brought them to limelight.

El-Rufai no doubt is a brilliant Human and Regional (Surveyor). He knows his work well and never quoted from a book while talking or giving a speech. But corruption and power drunkiness was what put him and Ribadu in the black book of the populace.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by acidtalk: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
vislabraye:

You agree she was also refering to you right?
People around the world are fighting hard against stereotypes and you are upholding this nothion.

If you choose to see the wrong about your race or country, that's left for you.

Abe leave race and country alone and let's face the TRUTH.

Just the same way religious leaders are making huge fortunes from blind sheeps who are in deep poverty and yet they will be shouting "touch not my annointed".

The earlier we leave aside religious and ethnic sentiments aside and speak the truth the better for us all.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by W0Clinton: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2012
: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Kassidy90(m): 7:29pm
Their is an element of truth in what d mallam said...
(Quote) (Report) (Like). The environment created by this wicked generation of leaders thus affect the intellectual and economic development and enhancement of our youths...how many white youths can survive in this country giving the quality of leadership and political ideology and interest of our leaders.Nigerian youths are creative and stands amongs the very best if given the right motivation and equal opportunity with other counterparts globally.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by kemam(f): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2012
Wht d Mallam sd is d truth if u no like am go hug transformer.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Question: Are most Nigerian youths lazy and lack the interest to study
Answer: Abso-fuccking-lutely
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Cultured(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
icequeen22:
The Nigerian situation is a peculiar one. If u like, read all the books in the world from pali to pali without knowing anybody in a position of authority, its all in vain. Just like it was written above, the likes of Dangote et all had 'HELP'. There are people that graduated wit good results out there, some of them read just about anytin they can lay their hands upon. As usual, if they dont know people in the right places, no job(except the really fortunate ones). Whats the point of reading when there's no food on the table? If music, buying and selling pays the bills, so be it.

My friend information is "power" , and the only way to gain this free but unquantifiable seed ( power ) is through reading . Reading is not just about studying formal school books to pass exams , no,it's more than that- Taking interest and reading all kinds of books you can lay your hands on is the fact . I'm a life testimony to this fact , even though I'm not perfect or see myself as been better than anyone , and without sounding immodest also, I can authoritatively assert that 80% of my connections in the high places and success in businesses ,I achieved them through the knowledge ( information ) I acquired through reading all readable materials . Please , read broadly because that is one true easy means/secret to achieve success and greatness in life .
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by orelove4liff: 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2012
d fact stil remains dat nigeria has d highest numba of internationa students in usa.who is elrufai?wotz his qualificatn?is he a prof?if nt 4 politics,who is he?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Eleponblue(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=nosa gold]Hw wil this affect †ђξ price of.....................
GARRIIII!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by orelove4liff: 9:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
wot else does he want 4rm nigeria youths?my schl is always among d best 3 in any internationa competition despite d unfavorable condition.tel me any country in d world without illiterate or tout
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Agimor(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2012
El-Rufia though there is atom of truth in this your moronic statement.the fundemental truth is that Nigerians are quick at vilifying theirs leaders whereas we are the architect of our misfortune.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by orelove4liff: 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
sum1 mention wizkid and dbanj.wizkid is an undergraduate while dbanj is an engineer.tel me d sch dat jay z,2pac,eminem,dmx,snoop,beyonce etc graduated 4rm.nigeria youths are hardworkin.dis is a country where a graduate wil be ridin okada so wot does he want?
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by decepticos(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
I study my very environment each day, does that make me unwilling to study. I read the faces of people i walk past i can tell their wants and even possibly there desires and am even providing an avenue to satisfy these wants, how does this make me a poor reader. The old i only seek for advice, the new i hold dear and i do know is nearer and i'm positively willing to change. I'm a Nigerian youth and just cos i dont know what you know, or what u expect me to know that don't make me poor intellectually.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Cultured(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2012
orelove4liff: sum1 mention wizkid and dbanj.wizkid is an undergraduate while dbanj is an engineer.tel me d sch dat jay z,2pac,eminem,dmx,snoop,beyonce etc graduated 4rm.nigeria youths are hardworkin.dis is a country where a graduate wil be ridin okada so wot does he want?

Sorry buddy , you are right about wizkid , but that of D'banj you were wrong .
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by caesaraba(m): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Leaving all other considerations aside, the mallam is quite right. But then again, all generalizations are false...including this one.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Truckpusher(m): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2012
atbu1983: i am from edo state. Did my NySc in the North East. From my observation, we have alot of educated illiterates in the south. Many people go to school, thier mind and soul not educated. While in d North, very few go to school. But those few are better educated wen compared to those of us from d south. For us in d south, going to schoool is a culture, so most of us dont really know why we are going to school. But in d North, going to school is more of a decision. So northerners who went to school are more informed.
You are probably speaking for yourself and your family at large and i believe that your myopic approach to life isn't a generalization of the entire people of the edo state and their fellow southerners.However,may i use this medium to inform you that the best student from my school ,who broke a standing record to set a record that has never been broken as far as Nigeria is concerned is an edo man....SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR KIND.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Truckpusher(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2012
acidtalk:

When an Hausa man and Ibo man go to school, they aim for the ultimate.
You are so correct on the South thing, it is more of a cultural thing.

This same El-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu were nominated by Atiku Abubakar into the OBJ/Atiku government based on merit. They were 2 young men with very high intellect, brave and hardworking, Atiku now brough them to Obasanjo and when OBj noticed their hardwork and intellect, he kept promoting them in government rapidly (Nuhu got 3 promotions in the force with 6years) which was ridiculous.

But along the line, the swore allegiance to OBJ and went against Atiku, the man who brought them to limelight.

El-Rufai no doubt is a brilliant Human and Regional (Surveyor). He knows his work well and never quoted from a book while talking or giving a speech. But corruption and power drunkiness was what put him and Ribadu in the black book of the populace.
As long as El-rufai was and/ is still corrupt, he's being brilliant and a smooth talker doesn't make him a better person than GEJ
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by orelove4liff: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
elrufai wrote it there 4 one of d followin (1)to challenge nigeria youth to work harder(2)to update his twitter acct(3)referrin to northern youths(4)fightin 4 relevance
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by newmaonza: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2012
With Men Like Tinubu, Asari Dokubo, GoodLuck Jonathan living the GOOD LIFE grin, WHO need BOOKS , I AM A PROUD BLACK MAN, IF THE WHITE MAN LIKES LET HIM HIDE EVEN GOD IN A BOOK..... PEOPLE LIKE IBB, ABACHA, DAROSHA,BUHARI HAVE PROVEN YOU DON'T NEED THE BOOKS TO SUCCEED......... [color=#006600]MALLAM RUFAI BOOKS NA LONG THING THIS IS NIGERIA[/color] cry
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by sushieater: 10:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
dridowu: Who is El-Rufai ?
Omo, na Peter Rufai elder brother
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2012
W.0 Clinton:
: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Kassidy90(m): 7:29pm
Their is an element of truth in what d mallam said...
(Quote) (Report) (Like). The environment created by this wicked generation of leaders thus affect the intellectual and economic development and enhancement of our youths...how many white youths can survive in this country giving the quality of leadership and political ideology and interest of our leaders.Nigerian youths are creative and stands amongs the very best if given the right motivation and equal opportunity with other counterparts globally.
. The white will succeed in dis environment and even do far better. The white didnt get to where they are today by daydreaming and wishful thinking. Thier environment was even worse than ours in the past. They toiled and workhard to make it what it is today. U need to sturdy how they got to where they are today. We are always very fast to blame our past generations for our predicament. The truth is dat we are not better than our past generations. We are even far worse. What legacy are we keeping for our future generation to see. This our generation of youth are complete epidemics. Note : i am also a naija youth. I am abt 30years of age. Most times i cry for my generation. We are so dumb!!!! We dont think. Our mind dont function. We are so shallow and easy to deceive. We are good in packing degrees (e.g me, i have msc. But we are still empty despite d degrees. Not because d environment is bad, but because our mind are not liberated.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are Lazy And Don't Read - El-Rufai by Ryannn(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2012
undecidedBulshyt coming frm a kurupt and senseless political jobber. Oga even if I agree wth u 2 an extent, u still don't av d morals 2 make such statements..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / 101 Boko Haram Suspects Detained In Lagos Since 2009 Without Trial / Kaya Students In Maradun, Zamfara Kidnapped By Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.