Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 (28640 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! / Tribute To Nigeria's Parable Of Integrity-general Muhammadu Buhari Is 69 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2012
GenBuhari: Is the IQ test written in Nigeria's language rather than english and based on things Nigerians understand?.

I reckon that at least a signifanct proportin of the total score would be influenced by these factors.

I wonder what the score of the average english man would be if the test was written in pidgin english and involved questions about popular nigerian pastimes? Do you think the english man could score upto 69?
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Wislet(f): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2012
lmao.
Clowns.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Emary(f): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2012
They should stop insulting us, jare. I have done several IQ tests myself and made higher than average scores. Many questions are on historical facts of foreign origin or involve spatial concepts which are not found in our environment. They should design tests based on our own setting and then score us.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by masterpiecer(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2012
jude33084:

Mr master smiley I don't think that IQ test is about language undecided

Go back and read the post i quoted then u will understand why i wrote about English language
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by agnesefe: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2012
No general consensus exists on the validity of tests as fail-proof measures of intelligence and productivity; besides, the closing line makes for admission of failings on the part of the examiners regarding the context, tools and differentials deployed. Again, anyone familiar with the probability density/distribution function, understands what constitutes mean, variance and deviation response of quantities in the excursion of the graph.

Like I often tell blokes here, the whining and permanent attribution, to a racial slur in almost every comment only validates and, sometimes humanizes them. If to every western landmark, a mirror or some effort exists in the domain of colored people, they may then take you seriously-or tilt the instruments of measurement to reflect the challenge in subsequent reports-notice how South Africa ranked slightly higher than most countries- you need not query why.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2012
Chuks16: [color=#006600][/color] and that means your IQ is nt upto 10. Cause you are below the average
Like 5, based on my approximation. 10 is too much.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 27, 2012
Some stupid white man go sit for hin Country dey judge 9jerians IQ. Total bullcrap! Even judging by 9jerians in diaspora, the average shouldn't be less than 105! I.diots placing us on 69 mtcheww
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2012
Gentle Naaz: White men shud answer ds questions, so dat i cn grade dia IQ
1. Hu Ws d second governor of imo state?
2. Where is d main camp of bokoharam?
3. Hu pregnantd my cousin?
4. Wat goes up bare footd n cums dwn wt shoes?
Dy hv 5 minutes 2 answer d questions. Idiots .......lol, dy keep missn it lik yakubu
Aqva:

It's people like this they measured.
Yes, people with marginal IQ.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 9:55am On Oct 27, 2012
Oahray: even people wey no know wetin IQ be go dey comment. "Normal" IQ is between 85 and 115. Borderline intellectual function is between 70 and 85. Mild Mental Retardation is between 55 and 69. Moderate MR is between 40 and 54. Severe MR is between 25 and 39. Profound MR is less than 25.. Two things, either you hate your skin colour so much, you believe it automatically makes you profoundly ret.ard.ed or you are just hawking ignorance. Encouraging racism toward your kind. Na people like una help sell una people into slavery.
I know all those stuffs about IQ jare. I just find the assertion that we have average IQ of 69 amusing. This means we are all ZOMBIES! BRAIN DEAD!! RE!TA!RDS!

Let us get back to our yeyeness:

So what do you think is the IQ of our president and our politicians?

Leave all that oyinbo talk jare, you sef wey dey talk, your IQ no fit pass 30 (e be like say you get IQ pass seun small).
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2012
Saxophemsy: Philip emegwali's IQ is 190, almost a genius...stop using urself 2make generalizations
I am sure you and philip were part of the people used in the study. lmao.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by sconsults: 9:59am On Oct 27, 2012
I will believe that it is true or it is even lower. I scored 148 on the stanford binet scale but i think if you check the average iq of nigerians adding up the illiterate nigerians. It should be noted that nigeria satisfy all the criteria of a low iq country

A) Nigerians are extremely religious.
B) We believe in ludacrious supernatural beings like ghosts and witches
C) we are very corrupt and self centered
D) we are violent, wicked and support extrajudical killing without rule of law
E) we are against things like gay rights which doesnt harm anyone while tolerating daily abuse of children by adults.
F)We kill ourselves over religious issues that are just myths and legends of the white man while disbeliving in our own traditions

[size=18pt]A our iq is really very low and nigeria is bad for no other reason than that[/size]
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Emmy9ite(m): 10:00am On Oct 27, 2012
Average people get average results. I am not average, my business I.Q should be 180 (close to that of Bill gate, warren buffet, carlos slim, Rockefeller e.t.c)

with the way some Nigeria youths spend time online fighting e-wars and defending their tribes especially on nairaland, one can be forced to rate their I.Qs below 50.

I so much believe in financial I.Q, Nigerians are very intelligent accademically but with money, its a no brainer! Give 100 Nigeria youths 1 million naira and in the next 3 years 80% would go back to their poor state. Wake up guys!

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:01am On Oct 27, 2012
Saxophemsy: Philip emegwali's IQ is 190, almost a genius...stop using urself 2make generalizations
Oahray: sorry sir, it cant be 190/200. You cant have that IQ and 'almost' be a genius. I40 and above is considered genius by most standards.

@Saxophemsy, So you do not even know IQ of a genius? That means you cannot be smarter than me - na the same level we dey jor.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2012
I dont know the aim of this assertion but one thing am sure of is that Nigerian students are the most intelligent worldwide. The record of best graduating student is always carried by a Nigerian, mostly in UK universities and now in Turkey. That of Turkey is a world record.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2012
Dy hv 5 minutes 2 answer d questions. Idiots .......lol, dy keep missn it lik yakubu

Lawd have mercy! Una no go kill person for here o.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2012
ogugua88:

Yes. I think the proper categorization below 70 is "definite feeble-mindedness". Then, there are subcategories. 69 is considered "mild mental retardation".

Anyway, I agree with your logic.

Unless they are referring to one part of Nigeria where life is as cheap as N7,500 or a plate of garri soaked in water.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:07am On Oct 27, 2012
sconsults: I will believe that it is true or it is even lower. I scored 148 on the stanford binet scale but i think if you check the average iq of nigerians adding up the illiterate nigerians. It should be noted that nigeria satisfy all the criteria of a low iq country

E) we are against things like gay rights which doesnt harm anyone while tolerating daily abuse of children by adults.
F)We kill ourselves over religious issues that are just myths and legends of the white man while disbeliving in our own traditions

[size=18pt]A our iq is really very low and nigeria is bad for no other reason than that[/size]

Sharrap yer mouth there, and stop forming rubbish, your IQ was probably 48 or lower - for insulting other Nigerians - abi you want make amadioha fire your head with thunder?

How can a Nigerian score above 100? I doubt if your president sef fit score 100!
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2012
Your IQ is obviously below average..
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:10am On Oct 27, 2012
okpara ugo: I dont know the aim of this assertion but one thing am sure of is that Nigerian students are the most intelligent worldwide. The record of best graduating student is always carried by a Nigerian, mostly in UK universities and now in Turkey. That of Turkey is a world record.

Well, i am sure they measured the Nigerians that soak garri only, and probably handpicked some on nairalanders too. So what do you think the average nigerian IQ should be?
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2012
sheyie2007:
Your IQ is obviously below average..

And yet you people are doubting the oyibo estimations? Let us just take a look at this thread alone and rate the average IQ.
That means, we need to select the smartest person and the dumbest person on the thread (i can volunteer).

Now, why all the self-denials now? FELLOW NIGERIANS YOU ARE DUMB. ACCEPT IT NOW!

Okay, when they say the average, that means that we have people with higher IQ than 49, and people with extremely retarded IQ, giving us an average of 69.

In simple arithmetic, if we pick 3 people for the test, and they have IQs of 29, 60 and 118 respectively = average of 69

So i will leave it to your immagination where they can get people with such IQs. But at least we do know that Nigeria has produced some geniuses, and also some mega-ret.a.rd.s too. So your folks should just accept it like that. It does not mean everyone must necessarily be retarded. But look at your politicians and tell me they are not. . . . . lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by MrGlobe(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2012
Obiagu1: A beg Mr. Moderator, release my hidden post. I can't find any rule I violated.
Maybe my analysis did not favour your people but I was on point and I abused no one.

This is not Nazi era.

Maybe the entire thread should be deleted for an Oyibo man to assign Nigeria an IQ mark.
its called inferiority conplex. The average Nigerian man is still a whiteman slave.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by acidtalk: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2012
Wislet: lmao.
Clowns.
*kiss kiss*
Sweeri pie
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2012
seunmustwac:

And yet you people are doubting the oyibo estimations? Let us just take a look at this thread alone and rate the average IQ.
That means, we need to select the smartest person and the dumbest person on the thread (i can volunteer).

Now, why all the self-denials now? FELLOW NIGERIANS YOU ARE DUMB. ACCEPT IT NOW!

Okay, when they say the average, that means that we have people with higher IQ than 49, and people with extremely retarded IQ, giving us an average of 69.

In simple arithmetic, if we pick 3 people for the test, and they have IQs of 29, 60 and 118 respectively = average of 69

So i will leave it to your immagination where they can get people with such IQs. But at least we do know that Nigeria has produced some geniuses, and also some mega-ret.a.rd.s too. So your folks should just accept it like that. It does not mean everyone must necessarily be retarded. But look at your politicians and tell me they are not. . . . . lipsrsealed

I agree with you sir, but the average should be a little over 80 now... grin 9ja na smart Nation o. Walahi, we get a lot of geniuses o, home and abroad. Check am nah
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by MrGlobe(m): 10:29am On Oct 27, 2012
sconsults: I will believe that it is true or it is even lower. I scored 148 on the stanford binet scale but i think if you check the average iq of nigerians adding up the illiterate nigerians. It should be noted that nigeria satisfy all the criteria of a low iq country

This is very true check Nigerian music or nollywood for instance and tell me why a sane smart man will take that to heart. Check how politicians are worshiped, check how Nigerians are gullible and easily decieved. left For me the average Nigerian IQ is below 30. this people just put it mildly.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by vislabraye(m): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2012
I read a lot of so called Research. Its very absurd and unscientific for someone to make such claims.
Are Nigerian students not excelling in academics? There was some time ago a Japanese said Black women are the least beautiful of all races. Can you imagine.

Are they trying to say that the illiterates or semi illiterates are not intelligent. Does formal education now increase your IQ.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2012
seriallink:

I agree with you sir, but the average should be a little over 80 now... grin 9ja na smart Nation o. Walahi, we get a lot of geniuses o, home and abroad. Check am nah
It is possible that they mistakenly selected more abokis in their study.

Mr. Globe:

This is very true check Nigerian music or nollywood for instance and tell me why a sane smart man will take that to heart. Check how politicians are worshiped, check how Nigerians are gullible and easily decieved. left For me the average Nigerian IQ is below 30. this people just put it mildly.

Anyway we look at it - majority of the Nigerian populace are very fooolish - that is a fact, and we all know it, whether we want to accept it or not does not matter. There are a few smart ones amongst us, but when we say average - majority carries the vote.

You are very right, but walahi, if most Nigerians are like me, nollywood go don pack inside tale tale - in fact, except they are mentioned in news or elsewhere - i dont acknowlege their existence and never will.

And i feel those politicians should be gathered and flogged in public - starting from the president sef (charity begins at home), then we should start drowning them in flood (or feed them to alligators one by one) if they fail to repent and serve us well.

The i.d.i.o.t.s are meant to be serving us, and not us worshipping them.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by seunmustwac: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2012
Disclaimer: the following post is just fictious and any references is just illustrative.

vislabraye: I read a lot of so called Research. Its very absurd and unscientific for someone to make such claims.
Are Nigerian students not excelling in academics? There was some time ago a Japanese said Black women are the least beautiful of all races. Can you imagine.

Are they trying to say that the illiterates or semi illiterates are not intelligent. Does formal education now increase your IQ.

Let me put it like this: If we have like 100 Nigerians selected by simple random sampling, you might get IQs like:

190 (419 omo ibo), 120 (omo nna), 115 (warri boy), 100 (yoruba), 17 (hausa), 15 (aboki), 20 (politician), 30 (president), 10 (majority), 400 (WINCH), 10 (garri soakers), 15 (non-garri soakers), etc

The politians with their surprisingly low IQ seem to be more intelligent than the majority of populace, and the president should be a little better than the other politicians.

If you put all this into consideration, i am sure you can agree with me that the average Nigerian have extremely low IQ.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by gbadexy(m): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2012
I don't support crime, but semi literate yahoo boys are defrauding them with all their high I.Q.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 11:04am On Oct 27, 2012
Literacy does not affect IQ. Intelligence and brilliancy are 2 different things entirely.

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 27, 2012
acidtalk: Mr SEun and his moderators, I think it is high time you people start BANNING all those who comment attacking tribes and religion on this forum.

This nonesense is really getting out of hand. It is no where funny.

How can a nation be filled with such devilish mindsets of youth who will claim they are the leaders of tomorrow yet their actions and mentality is so shallow and filled with evil and hate for one another?

my brother you only ban what you find distasteful, Seun Osewa doesn't find anything wrong with tribal hate, religious intolerance or outright insulting remarks among the tribal commentors, but instead he will ban the garri activists......
its a matter of time, this site is falling steadily, an upside is that by the time nairaland eventually hits rock bottom, which is inevitable given the alternatives out there, adverts here would be come free so these inter tribal hate peddlers can advertise their meetings for one another

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by marabout(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2012
I don't blame them. Why can't we develop our own IQ & EQ tests that take cognisance of our African values, to include but not:

(1) Family value
(2) Sociability
(3) Good neighbourliness (a white neghbour who lived next door, I never saw his face for 2 years. I knew from his music and voice that he was white)
(4) Straightforwardness with your feelings and opinions
(5) Belief in a superior being (as the world didn't come into existence by accident).
(6) Test done in a language one is most comfortable with (Wazobia, Edo, Izon, Efik, Urhobo, etc).
(7) Survival instinct/hustling
(9) Mental stability
(10) Optimism
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by TonySpike: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2012
I don't know where the OP got his info, but, I do have an alternative international IQ index for global ranking. I don't see Nigeria having an IQ of 69, but, 84 in this ranking. Although, it does appear that African countries dominate the lower part of this list. My source is http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG / Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) / Pictures From Atiku, PDP Campaign In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.