Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 (28639 Views)

Africa's Political Situation Is Caused By The Low IQ Of The People. / Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! / Tribute To Nigeria's Parable Of Integrity-general Muhammadu Buhari Is 69 Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by preciousoz: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
These white Guys must have visited Nairaland for their Sampling. Expecialy the Ethnic Bashing, Hate Propaganda and so many other un-patriotic posts.

If I was not a Nigerian and have lived in various places in Nigeria I would have come to the Same conclusion.

Some Nairalanders are a Bad representation of Nigeria.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 8:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
Agiliti:

that's exactly how these tests are supposed to make you feel....anybody can tell you that you're dumber than a gorilla, but when you start believing it because the "facts" are there, then your level of expectation drops from competing with humans to competing with gorillas, and you actually become on the same level as a gorilla because that is the highest expectation you have of yourself....it's the oldest trick in the book....unfortunately some on this site have already fallen for it.

"believe and you would achieve" goes both ways
I don laff tire o! Lawd have mercy!! So these oyinbo people dey try talk say APES ARE HIGHER UP THE EVOLUTION CHAIN THAN NIGERIANS? HABA!!!!!!
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
preciousoz: These white Guys must have visited Nairaland for their Sampling. Expecialy the Ethnic Bashing, Hate Propaganda and so many other un-patriotic posts.

If I was not a Nigerian and have lived in various places in Nigeria I would have come to the Same conclusion.

It is not their fault now? It is the fault of the country of ret*ards.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Agiliti(m): 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2012
ba7man: This strikes me as those questions old men drinking palm wine in d village ask when they've drank their fill......O.k, The Dog.

a dog came from a wolf, but a dog would kill a wolf at the snap of its masters fingers
a dog would do all the work killing an animal, then let it's master eat and be happy when it gets the bones..now who is more intelligence?

in your book, is intelligence the ability to learn and obey 100 commands mindlessly, or is it the ability to understand that those commands are all bullfaeces?
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Teaser4(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
some people's IQ cant make calls...it will say "your a/c is too low,for the destination u are calling". my SQ(Sharpness Quotient) is 200. Bleep those white c u n t s
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ba7man(m): 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
Agiliti:

totally understand...you don't want to look weak..it's cool
You are free to tickle your own balls.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
Agiliti:

that's exactly how these tests are supposed to make you feel....anybody can tell you that you're dumber than a gorilla, but when you start believing it because the "facts" are there, then your level of expectation drops from competing with humans to competing with gorillas, and you actually become on the same level as a gorilla because ..it's the oldest trick in the book....unfortunately some on this site have already fallen for
there is no grand conspiracy against nigerians by the west,nigerians are the ones in conspiracy against ourselves,what abt the boy in katsina who used sweet potatoes to generate electricity,what have heard about him,do we celebrate people lioke him or did the west our bogey man downplay him"god will never forsake us,but we forsake ourselves,heavens just wants to help us but we must first help ouurselves"
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ba7man(m): 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
Agiliti:

a dog came from a wolf, but a dog would kill a wolf at the snap of its masters fingers
a dog would do all the work killing an animal, then let it's master eat and be happy when it gets the bones..now who is more intelligence?

in your book, is intelligence the ability to learn and obey 100 commands mindlessly, or is it the ability to understand that those commands are all bullfaeces?
Dunno bout that but, I do not claim to know more than anyone else but as long as their society is as advanced as that i'll conclude that there's somthing they are doin that we aint and its making us look unintelligent.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Agiliti(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
ehie: there is no grand conspiracy against nigerians by the west,nigerians are the ones in conspiracy against ourselves,what abt the boy in katsina who used sweet potatoes to generate electricity,what have heard about him,do we celebrate people lioke him or did the west our bogey man downplay him"god will never forsake us,but we forsake ourselves,heavens just wants to help us but we must first help ouurselves"

if you read my comment you just quoted very well, you would realize we're saying the same thing..if that kid was presented with "facts" that only told him he was dumb, he would not have the desire or hope to do anything meaningful with his life. Psquare has inspired many people to become musicians, same way bode george has inspired many people to become thieving politicians.
it doesnt have to be a conspiracy, it could be anything from cultural bias or sample bias, to flat out racism, i dont know, but the fact still remains, if you believe you are dumb, then you are dumb
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Agiliti(m): 9:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
ba7man: Dunno bout that but, I do not claim to know more than anyone else but as long as their society is as advanced as that i'll conclude that there's somthing they are doin that we aint and its making us look unintelligent.

do you care more about how you look in front of others or what you are inside ?
if nigerians are classified as mentally retarded (because that is what the test says), then why do nigerians excel abroad?
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ba7man(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
Agiliti:

if you read my comment you just quoted very well, you would realize we're saying the same thing..if that kid was presented with "facts" that only told him he was dumb, he would not have the desire or hope to do anything meaningful with his life. Psquare has inspired many people to become musicians, same way bode george has inspired many people to become thieving politicians.
it doesnt have to be a conspiracy, it could be anything from cultural bias or sample bias, to flat out racism, i dont know, but the fact still remains, if you believe you are dumb, then you are dumb
I get your point. I belive I'm a smart person but "I see dumb people" a lot around me. I work on site and a lot of our skilled workers are just hopeless. They frustrate u with their "Intelligence".
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Agiliti(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
ba7man: I get your point. I belive I'm a smart person but "I see dumb people" a lot around me. I work on site and a lot of our skilled workers are just hopeless. They frustrate u with their "Intelligence".

that's crazy...well good thing is these "dumb people" you see around you on site can help you with your "sarcasm"
dont lose hope bro..there's always a lesson in everything wink

1 Like

Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2012
ba7man: I get your point. I belive I'm a smart person but "I see dumb people" a lot around me. I work on site and a lot of our skilled workers are just hopeless. They frustrate u with their "Intelligence".

Just how do we know your IQ is not 35?
Agiliti:

that's crazy...well good thing is these "dumb people" you see around you on site can help you with your "sarcasm"
dont lose hope bro..there's always a lesson in everything wink
Very interesting.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ektbear: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
My personal belief is that even if the black man is intrinsically less intelligent than other peoples, the difference is not large enough to ruin him. E.g., on the order of 3-5 points.

It is unfortunate that we don't have any successful black nations right now though. That would make things a bit easier for people who believe as I do.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 28, 2012
solomon111: Rubbish!!
Nobody conducted an IQ test on anybody i know.
Besides,69 is kinda low.

yeah, and it's kinda high for you.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by ignis: 12:49am On Oct 28, 2012
The last time I travelled to the States to check, I have an IQ of 97, so i dont know what these people are talikin about.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Saxophemsy: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2012
Oahray: sorry sir, it cant be 190/200. You cant have that IQ and 'almost' be a genius. I40 and above is considered genius by most standards.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Agiliti(m): 1:08am On Oct 28, 2012
ignis: The last time I travelled to the States to check, I have an IQ of 97, so i dont know what these people are talikin about.
hmm, never knew you have to travel to the states to check your iq
by the way, you're still below average
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Saxophemsy: 1:09am On Oct 28, 2012
seunmustwac:
I am sure you and philip were part of the people used in the study. lmao.
where's da joke?u are just ignorant
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Saxophemsy: 1:09am On Oct 28, 2012
seunmustwac:
I am sure you and philip were part of the people used in the study. lmao.
where's da joke?u are just being ignorant
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Saxophemsy: 1:11am On Oct 28, 2012
seunmustwac:

@Saxophemsy, So you do not even know IQ of a genius? That means you cannot be smarter than me - na the same level we dey jor.

ignorant men
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by SisiKill1: 4:29am On Oct 28, 2012
The first instinct is to renounce this claim but if one pauses for a second or two and critically evaluate why people would commit themselves money, mind, body and soul to another person who gets Richer while they wallow in abject poverty, swallowing his words without question and defend his abuse of them...one can't help come to the conclusion that there might be a semi severe to severe case of retardation at work here.

You know what....I take that back, calling these people retarded is an insult to the real retarded people. They, after all know, how to stand up for themselves. Case in point John Franklin Stephens
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by tpia5: 4:39am On Oct 28, 2012
preciousoz: These white Guys must have visited Nairaland for their Sampling. Expecialy the Ethnic Bashing, Hate Propaganda and so many other un-patriotic posts.

cant argue with that, really.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by LemonBoy1: 7:39am On Oct 28, 2012
Hahahahaha, Our Politicians IQ no go evn pass 20 sf (nd dt na because dem cheat 4 d IQ test oh)
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2012
GenBuhari: Is the IQ test written in Nigeria's language rather than english and based on things Nigerians understand?.

I reckon that at least a signifanct proportin of the total score would be influenced by these factors.

I wonder what the score of the average english man would be if the test was written in pidgin english and involved questions about popular nigerian pastimes? Do you think the english man could score upto 69?
let 4get abt the bristish. What about d other africa countries doing better than us in d test. They are also facing d same language barrier like us too.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by pastormustwacc: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2012
ignis: The last time I travelled to the States to check, I have an IQ of 97, so i dont know what these people are talikin about.
How do we really know it was 97 and not 79?
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2012
ba7man: We claim to be smarter yet they control the world's economy,...90% of what we use is made by them and we still claim to be smarter. We go to their Country to stare at their cites and some people are still trying to prove we're smarter. See our societies, do u see the evidence that we're smarter??...We're still in a transition process but we will get there.
u are so on point . We Nigerians are one of the most delusional set of people on this planet earth. We keep deceiving ourselves. Believing we are what we cannot even be in d next 50years.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by LemonBoy1: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2012
chreld_b: There is no need to be sentimental. As a matter of fact the IQ of the "average" Nigerian is generally low but that does not mean that Nigeria is devoid of highly intelligent people and geniuses. Having said that, I personally think that the IQ of most (not all) nairalanders is above the Nigerian and world average. Although there are some really dumb posters. Finally as for those making reference to Philip Emeagwali just so you know he has been discovered to be a fraud and a con man. See sources below if you like.

http://www.republicreport.com/intellectual-fraud-crisis-allegedly-rocks-%E2%80%9Cphilip-emeagwali-myths%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94reports/
http://rense.com/general81/dnt.htm
http://saharareporters.com/report/how-philip-emeagwali-lied-his-way-fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcml1gxtCCM

arrant rubbish. Wat wil pipo nat say 2 ridicle a successfull person? Eh? There r facts dat Obama was nat born in US, dat his spending huge govt moni 2 bribe lawyers nd co, their r facts dat he had 2 forge d his DOB certificate wen d pressure was 2mch, there r facts dat he forged d death of Osama, dat he is illuminati chieftain etc all to ridicle his presidency, there r evn facts 2 ridicle Ribadu ( 80 million naira house in abj), js recently facts came out that Mikel Obi was illumiati...c'mon man, sm of dese crap r js 2 ridicle him. Do ur research properly, u'l knw more
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by blackbeau1(f): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
And so many of you are here agreeing with the writers of this report.why do you people allow the whites to degrade us.don't you know the whites always want to make the blacks look stupid and underdevelpoed? it takes high IQ to defraud people which is what we are known for.besides,personally,I have an IQ of 121 and I know lots of people with sound/high IQ.pls let's not allow our inferiority complex make us feel we are not intelligent ,when we are.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2012
I have found this to more of psychological means to pull us down than anything else. The moment you are told this you keep thinking you are dumb and can't be as smart as the average white person whereas you could have been better. Please, desist from taking these sets of individual's tests as I.Q than race thing serious - it is a smear campaign to put the black people down. We've seen Lord Lugard did it during the colonial period and claimed to be civilized yet failed to understand subjecting human beings to oppression is not smartness but inability to find another ways to survive on his own side.

This ideology of racists is not moving the world forward neither is helping those who is being pointed to be having below average I.Q. It is just a psychological thing to downgrade. It is up to you to set things straight and prove them wrong.
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by namski(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
GenBuhari: Is the IQ test written in Nigeria's language rather than english and based on things Nigerians understand?.

I reckon that at least a significant proportin of the total score would be influenced by these factors.

I wonder what the score of the average english man would be if the test was written in pidgin english and involved questions about popular nigerian pastimes? Do you think the english man could score upto 69?

Good example of why the average Nigerian's IQ is seen as low. Have you ever done an IQ test? How much of it has to do with pastimes or all the other nonsense going on in your stupid brain. The tests could be in pidgin, I will bet with my annual salary that you will score less than 10. Fool!
Re: The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 by cap28: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
A recent study indicated that africans from back home in america and europe are some of the highest acheivers academically - how did they manage that with such low iqs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG / Lai Mohammed Lied, FG Paid ‘Large Ransom’ To Free Dapchi Girls – UN Report / Pictures From Atiku, PDP Campaign In Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.