Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? (2626 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by afrikwin(f): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
I AM 27 YEARS OLD, SOON TO BE 28, HENCE MY YEARS ARE RUNNING OUT... embarassed
I WANT TO GET MARRIED BEFORE AM 29, AND LAW AND BEHOLD 2 ABLE BODIED HARDWORKING IGBO MEN HAVE ASKED FOR MY HAND IN MARRIAGE. THEY ARE AGE MATES (39). I DATED THE 1ST GUY THEN WE BROKE UP, AND I MET THE 2ND GUY DURING MY BREAK UP. HE MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE WANTS TO MARRY ME, INTRODUCED ME TO HIS FAMILY AND EVEN DISPLAYED OUR PHOTOS ON HIS FB PAGE. HE HAS A LARGE FAMILY AND IS SO OPEN ABOUT HIS RELATIVES,UNLIKE THE FIRST.SHORTLY AFTER OUR BREAK UP, THE FIRST GUY CAME BACK AND MADE IT CLEAR THAT WE SHOULD PUT THE PAST BEHIND US. OF COURSE I COULDN'T TELL HIM THAT I ALMOST MOVED ON. NOW THEY HAVE BOTH ASKED ME TO ACCOMPANY THEM TO IMO STATE TO SEE MAMA AND FAMILY. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE GUIDELINES WHEN AM CHOOSING WHO TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE...
THANKS kiss
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by RedLight1: 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2012
simple marry the one u love

or marry both em

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nnekacherry: 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2012
39yrs??.. lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by r231(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2012
Nnekacherry: 39yrs??.. lipsrsealed

What's your point undecided undecided
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Charmin1(f): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
Who makes you happy?
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2012
*confused*
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2012
For you to reconcile with your first boyfriend means he is the one you love. Just be bold and tell the second one the truth and stop playing with his emotions

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Mynd44: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
Dondav: If you're confused, adopt a chinesse baby and never get married... Trust me, you'll be happier.
very true
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Mynd44: 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
**singing "same girl" by R Kelly and Usher**
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Both of them are 39years old?? Both of them are igbo?? Both of them are from imo state?? Both wants u to go meet mama and family??
Am i d only one smelling a rat?! undecided
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Mynd44: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: Both of them are 39years old?? Both of them are igbo?? Both of them are from imo state?? Both wants u to go meet mama and family??
Me I siddon dey look
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by mojounited(m): 12:27am On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: Both of them are 39years old?? Both of them are igbo?? Both of them are from imo state?? Both wants u to go meet mama and family?? Am i d only one smelling a rat?! undecided
Lolz, I smell the rat too sef. But, you and rat ehn..wetin? Better check under your couch/sofa, you probably have a dead 'okon calabar' somewhere in there... cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nnekacherry: 12:37am On Oct 28, 2012
r231:

What's your point undecided undecided

You know exactly what my point is... grin
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by MrsChima(f): 12:47am On Oct 28, 2012
afrikwin: I AM 27 YEARS OLD, SOON TO BE 28, HENCE MY YEARS ARE RUNNING OUT... embarassed
I WANT TO GET MARRIED BEFORE AM 29, AND LAW AND BEHOLD 2 ABLE BODIED HARDWORKING IGBO MEN HAVE ASKED FOR MY HAND IN MARRIAGE. THEY ARE AGE MATES (39). I DATED THE 1ST GUY THEN WE BROKE UP, AND I MET THE 2ND GUY DURING MY BREAK UP. HE MADE IT CLEAR THAT HE WANTS TO MARRY ME, INTRODUCED ME TO HIS FAMILY AND EVEN DISPLAYED OUR PHOTOS ON HIS FB PAGE. HE HAS A LARGE FAMILY AND IS SO OPEN ABOUT HIS RELATIVES,UNLIKE THE FIRST.SHORTLY AFTER OUR BREAK UP, THE FIRST GUY CAME BACK AND MADE IT CLEAR THAT WE SHOULD PUT THE PAST BEHIND US. OF COURSE I COULDN'T TELL HIM THAT I ALMOST MOVED ON. NOW THEY HAVE BOTH ASKED ME TO ACCOMPANY THEM TO IMO STATE TO SEE MAMA AND FAMILY. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE GUIDELINES WHEN AM CHOOSING WHO TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH? PLEASE CONTRIBUTE...
THANKS kiss
y.

If you are marrying simply because you are rushing against a ticking clock....your marriage will not last no matter who you marry. Marry for the right reasons and don't make a mistake that will haunt you for the rest of your natural life.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by MrsChima(f): 12:52am On Oct 28, 2012
Nnekacherry: 39yrs??.. lipsrsealed

They are looking for a second wife that is younger. Family men tend to start around late 20's to early 30's but then again they can be some special type of men that doesn't want any kids. lipsrsealed

All the older Igbo men I know are married with kids working toward retirement.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by elveco: 1:24am On Oct 28, 2012
Plz seek divine direction. Pray!
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nnekacherry: 10:21am On Oct 28, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

They are looking for a second wife that is younger. Family men tend to start around late 20's to early 30's but then again they can be some special type of men that doesn't want any kids. lipsrsealed

All the older Igbo men I know are married with kids working toward retirement.

hahahahahaha
You are so funny... but that is the simple truth.. 39 is too much, it's just like getting married to her uncle's agemate..

@OP.. It's your choice to make dear..
Just pray over it.. May God favour you and direct you...
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by r231(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2012
Nnekacherry:

hahahahahaha
You are so funny... but that is the simple truth.. 39 is too much, it's just like getting married to her uncle's agemate..

I no that is where you are going undecided undecided

So a 28 or 29 yr old cannot marry a 39 yr old in your village abi.....what a crazy mentality

Uncles agemate my foot.....so what undecided undecided
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by MrsChima(f): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
r231:

So a 28 or 29 yr old cannot marry a 39 yr old in your village abi.....what a crazy mentality

No need to vex....i will go out with you. Haba.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nnekacherry: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2012
r231:

Lol.. Abeg uncle no vex..
We are not quarreling, are we??
And as i said before, it's still a matter of choice...
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by MrsChima(f): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
You r right ....it is a matter of choice. I wouldnt marry a man that old ...i like the idea of growing llder with my man....not playn catch up.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by FRANKLINTON(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2012
You expect people who don't know the two men to advise you on which to marry. This kind of question shouldn't be asked on an online forum
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by shizzle11(m): 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
Nnekacherry:

hahahahahaha

Miss, 39 may be a lil late, but same goes for the girl at 28 if you have to be objective.

Just as some men are thinking of retiring in their early 40's, so are some ladies planning to conclude child bearing in their early 30's.

Btw, she isn't complaining of age difference, is she?

You can keep the first paragragh of your comment, however the second paragraph is good enough to work with.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by tpia5: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2012
Haha, interesting topic.

@ op cant help, sorry, know nothing about the subject matter, but you do have a very catchy thread title.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by r231(m): 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2012
Nnekacherry:

Lol.. Abeg uncle no vex..
We are not quarreling, are we??
And as i said before, it's still a matter a choice...

grin grin grin

Luv you too grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Ariyke: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2012
booqee: Both of them are 39years old?? Both of them are igbo??
Both of them are from imo state?? Both wants u to go meet mama and family??
Right beside u, we dey smell am together
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by aditoomuch: 6:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
First of all i do not know why u chose to mention the fact that they were igbo,do u have a problem with the tribe?secondly in as much u might be getting older,u need to get it right,marry a man who will always love and cherish u and if u look hard enough devoid of sentiments,u will see which among them fits the bill.And then u need to pray,talk to God about it,u could ask a few trusted pastors u know to pray about it for u but dont let them be the ones to choose,u make d final decision because you and you alone will live with ur decision.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
I think this lady need accomplished man .

Men at 39 should have achieved their dream thus looking for younger girl to toy with.
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by Nnekacherry: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
r231:

grin grin grin

Luv you too grin grin

Hahahahaha
you just cracked me up there...
Luv you plenty... grin
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by stint(m): 1:24am On Oct 31, 2012
@op its simple, just marry the one who is not planning to use u for money rituals, who is rich and does not have a first wife somwhere .
Re: Marriage Proposals From 2 Igbo Men. Help, Who Do I Choose??? by quicksylva(m): 3:14am On Oct 31, 2012
cry Dumb comment
stint: @op its simple, just marry the one who is not planning to use u for money rituals, who is rich and does not have a first wife somwhere .

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You All Think Of Girls With Sleepy Eyes? / To Only Girls Pls Answer Dis 4me / Guys LOVE :-*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.