Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? (7190 Views)

Oh God!!! See What Akure Indegenes Are Doing To Ndigbo Ooo!!! (must See) / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill / Nigerians: What Are You Doing On Nigeria 51st Independence Holiday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by omiobo: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
1.I'm tax payer and law abiding citizen.

2.Planning to create a counseling center,drug rehabilitation center and rendering vocational education.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by ogb5(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Good Question.. Here is my Answer..

If I get into power.. Either as a Minister, Governor or President, My first point of duty would be to re-organize the Judiciary, Police (and all attached Law enforcement agencies) and then Build new minimum security prisons/correctional facilities..

The Judiciary would have to start handling cases fast and quickly.. The police would be trained by international professionals on non-lethal arrest techniques (and these big AK-47s would be taken from them and replaced with batons, Beretta pistols and stun guns..

THE Courts: People should be sentenced to jail or given an option of a fine & community service.. NIGERIANS need to know and fear the LAW first of all.. When we all know, respect and obey the law, then we can tackle any other problemin the country..

Lets assume you become the president, thats the highest position on the land, you said your first point of call will be to re-organise the judiciary, what happens if you are unable to achieve that, then all your other plans will fail since they are premised on the re-organization of the judiciary.

You will have difficulty re-organising the judiciary, The constitution recognises the tree arms of government to be independent, so you as an executive trying to reform the Judiciary, your efforts will simply be tagged as interferance. You will be taken to the supreme court and stopped at the supreme court from interfering. What will you do next.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Jyde89: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2012
Check out THE COUNCELLOR'S TEAM@ facebook.com, the change is now; the change is here.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Kslib: Make money enough to open a big school for the talented kids/adults all over the country. I[b]n the school,everything will be taught in pidgin not oyinbo english. There will be no form of paper writing exam to gain admission into this school,all you have to do is convince us with your talent and you are in.. Each department will have a group of people with similar talent.[/b] Every single thing done in the school will be practical..
While their mates are in Uniben,Unilag,uniport and others cramming bunch of theories,and un-neccessary and un-useful stuffs,my students will be busy with their work and talent..
When a new invention/discovery is made,we can show-case it to the fedral government and if they approve,large-scale production shall begin,and trust me,with time our economy will be strong and local products will start dominating the market..
To cut the long story short,i just want to create a platform/enviroment that will enable our talented youths to show-case their talent and at the same time,improve many sectors of our economy.. Our youths are talented,and have what it takes to raise this country high,but they face many challenges/barriers like english language(many guys who are talented cant speak english,they only know how to speak pidgin or their local dialect. Tell me how these guys can use their talent to help a country that sees anyone who cant speak english as an inferior)theory without practical,un-friendly enviroment,lack of tools etc ..
I want to bring education to their comfort zone,and make them enjoy it a the same time,and give them a chance to raise this country.. Our educational system today is a joke. Someone who spent 5years studying computer engineering in the university and graduated with first class cant even replace common laptop screen or usb port... WTF
You studied petroleum engineeringand graduated with first class,but cant differentiate between petrol and kerosine abi na kerosene.. WTF
If we want to move forward,we need to stop decieving ourselves..
Let me end with this "PEOPLE WHO CHANGED THE WORLD WERE BUSY PURSUING THEIR DREAMS AND PRACTICALIZING STUFFS THAT WILL YEILD RESULTS IN REAL LIFE,WHILE OTHERS WERE BUSY LIVING A LIE"

Great! Great! Great! Wonderful. Happy to know that there are great minds like yours still in this country.

I don't believe in physical stuffs and so on. As long as I have the basic things of life, I am satisfied. But I fundamentally believe in ideas and transforming the rejected stones into cornerstones.

We need to imbibe the philosophy of practicalism into the psyche of average Nigerian.

What we are doing on the ground, we scout for MOTIVATED minds and teach them the principles of thinking out of the box and unlocking their hidden potential. We believe that everyone is gifted in one thing or the other.

Despite the fact that I did not invent the wheel, I believe that the next person to me can invent the next generation wheels.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by shizzle11(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Call me a pessimist or whatever, but the question of improving Nigeria is much more than nurturing a plan in mind or writing it down on a sheet of paper. I bet most of us want an improved Nigeria but from my experiences as a Nigerian living in Nigeria, you'll agree with me that as long as we have more dubious and questionable people in positions of authority and political leadership than credible persons, then I'm afraid improving this country this country will continue to seem an impossible task.

As a law abiding citizen, paying my tax, advocate of anti-people policies etc, I'm doing my bit at improving Nigeria. I'm not lending credence to any political party. As far as I'm concerned they're are all thesame. In fact those who are seeking to control power at the national level will even be worse than the ruling party.

@ogugua, people do not say this country is doomed for nothing or as some refer to it as a pithole, it is because of what they have seen or heard and/or felt. It is okay to have ambitions or dream big, unfortunately Nigeria isn't a country that encourages positive dream rather it will scuttle your dream as soon as you conceive them, that's why not a few people have giving up on the country. Too many things are wrong with this country I tell you.

Waiting for the tantrums!
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2012
shizzle11: Call me a pessimist or whatever, but the question of improving Nigeria is much more than nurturing a plan in mind or writing it down on a sheet of paper. I bet most of us want an improved Nigeria but from my experiences as a Nigerian living in Nigeria, you'll agree with me that as long as we have more dubious and questionable people in positions of authority and political leadership than credible persons, then I'm afraid improving this country this country will continue to seem an impossible task.

As a law abiding citizen, paying my tax, advocate of anti-people policies etc, I'm doing my bit at improving Nigeria. I'm not lending credence to any political party. As far as I'm concerned they're are all thesame. In fact those who are seeking to control power at the national level will even be worse than the ruling party.

@ogugua, people do not say this country is doomed for nothing or as some refer to it as a pithole, it is because of what they have seen or heard and/or felt. It is okay to have ambitions or dream big, unfortunately Nigeria isn't a country that encourages positive dream rather it will scuttle your dream as soon as you conceive them, that's why not a few people have giving up on the country. Too many things are wrong with this country I tell you.

An unrepentant cynic.. but here he says a load of TRUTH here. no one disagrees, we are only saying that you cannot sit back and do nothing but complain. change can be slow but it is sure as long as you keep at it.

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
anonimi:

This is the MOST important thing to do NOW. That will grow people's consciousness of The Social Contract.
This is what I am doing through various platforms while helping as many as possible to get a good formal education and entrepreneurial/career success mentoring.
I hope to get involved in setting up a Vocational Training Centre later.

Bravo! Another fundamental approach. There is nothing more effective than making the people socially aware to think with their own minds on things. And that includes questioning the present value system.

For instance, the detriment, love for extreme materialism is having on our conscience, humanity and dignity.
How sycophantism and cryonism is destroying meritocracy and the exaltation of mediocrity.

And the list goes on.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
Why should I improve Nigeria ? Nigeria has done nothing for me. I will do nothing for Nigeria until the Government can provide the very basic of amenities. I am only hoping that GEJ can effect positive changes, but if he can not provide 247 electricity (which is all I need), I will find a Private Island to call my country.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
This is the area the youths are supposed to be very active. Watching out for their future.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
shizzle11: Call me a pessimist or whatever, but the question of improving Nigeria is much more than nurturing a plan in mind or writing it down on a sheet of paper. I bet most of us want an improved Nigeria but from my experiences as a Nigerian living in Nigeria, you'll agree with me that as long as we have more dubious and questionable people in positions of authority and political leadership than credible persons, then I'm afraid improving this country this country will continue to seem an impossible task.

Dude you're a pessimist. I have young friends that run sucessful biznesses nd what i've learnt from them is (1) They never gave up regardless of what their environment threw at them (2) They belived in what they were doing. I'm sure it wouldn't have happend for them if they thought like you.
Pls, don't be discouraged by people, who cares about the Bad Government and dishonest people?? All I care about is my target market, 160million people. If I can capture just 1 percent of that with a 10naira product......think big.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by sniperwolf(m): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
Educate people
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Curiouscity(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
Very nice thread!!
Some good and inspiring goals, some too high/unrealistic.

Short Term Goals: Do some projects in my former primary/secondary schools.
Go around most local schools to inspire kids and volunteer on a monthly basis.

Long Term: a) Revive the concept of 'Dignity of Labour' by pulling together skills(welders, carpenters, artisans) into
a big company. I provide the machinery while they use their skills to earn a living.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Hardfact: 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Enlight, Educate . . .the ordinary citizen. Information disemination. Critiquing those who run the state to sit up and deliver. Get the people be informed so they take their destiny in their own hands and put an end to their sufferings . . .

3 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
They say there's a lot of opportunities in Africa b'cos there's a lot of problems. Just pick one problem and provide a solution and you are made. Its not as easy as it seems though but that shouldn't stop you from trying.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by shizzle11(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

An unrepentant cynic.. but here he says a load of TRUTH here. no one disagrees, we are only saying that you cannot sit back and do nothing but complain. change can be slow but it is sure as long as you keep at it.

Unrepentant cynic? Not exactly.

I may have sounded like a pessimist, but was just saying it AS IT IS. I'm happy for one thing though, you acknowledged the TRUTH in my comment. However, to discountenance your impression, i have never being a 'sidon look', I do my bit in nation building, but like I said before a lot of things happens that makes one go like 'what the hell'. That said, I still retain some hope that Nigerian can only get better, and will get better.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by shizzle11(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2012
ba7man: Dude you're a pessimist. I have young friends that run sucessful biznesses nd what i've learnt from them is (1) They never gave up regardless of what their environment threw at them (2) They belived in what they were doing. I'm sure it wouldn't have happend for them if they thought like you.
Pls, don't be discouraged by people, who cares about the Bad Government and dishonest people?? All I care about is my target market, 160million people. If I can capture just 1 percent of that with a 10naira product......think big.

No, I'm not!

I have never given up and I won't. I keep focus and never get detered by insensitive govenment decisions and But to say you don't care about bad government and dishonest people is laughable, think again bro, cos one terrible, senseless government policy can put paid to your efforts, unless ofcourse you're in the entertainment circle etc

For you last phrase, THINK BIG...me likey
Reminds me of the mogul himself, Donald Trump!
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by InvertedHammer: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2012
What can I do to help Nigeria?

So many things indeed! Try catching a falling knife? Try swimming against ocean current?
I can write 100+ pages exposition on it. Will it be feasible? NO!!!

TO stop a moving object, you need force to redirect its energy.
No solution is applicable to Nigeria without FORCE.

IBB, OBJ, Danjuma,Anenih, etc. are tough/godfathers because FORCE has not been applied to them.

All these quasi-tough men we have today were chicken during Abacha era....my friend that's the nature
of FORCE. To help Nigeria, we need to figure out the appropriate amount of FORCE to change her course.

F =ma, Force is equal to (the masses)x (accelaration into action).
/*pardon me scientists*/

4 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by yuzedo: 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re-orientate the masses on the difference between "am" and "i'm".. undecided

It might seem trivial, but it is a crusade i'm very serious about! I can quote 10 posters here that made that have mistake, all of them undergraduates and overgraduates o!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2012
ogb5:

Lets assume you become the president, thats the highest position on the land, you said your first point of call will be to re-organise the judiciary, what happens if you are unable to achieve that, then all your other plans will fail since they are premised on the re-organization of the judiciary.

You will have difficulty re-organising the judiciary, The constitution recognises the tree arms of government to be independent, so you as an executive trying to reform the Judiciary, your efforts will simply be tagged as interferance. You will be taken to the supreme court and stopped at the supreme court from interfering. What will you do next.

Ok... Now I'm stuck..

Loot I guess..
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2012
InvertedHammer: What can I do to help Nigeria?

So many things indeed! Try catching a falling knife? Try swimming against ocean current?
I can write 100+ pages exposition on it. Will it be feasible? NO!!!

TO stop a moving object, you need force to redirect its energy.
No solution is applicable to Nigeria without FORCE.

IBB, OBJ, Danjuma,Anenih, etc. are tough/godfathers because FORCE has not been applied to them.

All these quasi-tough men we have today were chicken during Abacha era....my friend that's the nature
of FORCE. To help Nigeria, we need to figure out the appropriate amount of FORCE to change her course.

F =ma, Force is equal to (the masses)x (accelaration into action).
/*pardon me scientists*/

Hahaha..... Love your analogy. Sir Newton.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by popoyeh(m): 5:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
What I am doing to improve Nigeria is that I have come to India on a 7 months training course to enable me come back home and start a project to cater for the numerous street children in Lagos.

While here; On Saturday, two days ago, I was honoured to speak at the AGM and Elections of the Friends of Nigeria Association, Trivandrum, Kerala. India. The association consists of about 60 Indians who have worked in Nigeria before. Some came back to India as recently as 2 weeks ago, after spending 50 years working in Nigeria, while most of them have been back in India for as far back as 30 years ago, but they all have fond memories of our Nation. Most of them were elderly men and women with grey hairs, who have worked in different parts and different sectors of our country's economy .

I met Indian ladies who spoke to me in clear Yoruba with the right accents and who were speaking our Pidgin English as if say na Ajegunle dem grow up.

I was asked to speak to them about the present state of the Nation and I spoke for 15 minutes. I felt on top of the world hearing these people talk passionately about my country.

They all had mostly good things to say about our country and the people. The eldest member of the organisation said he hasn't seen any people in all his travels round the world who are as accepting and accommodating as Nigerians.

These people are as troubled as any Nigerian could be about the state of our nation today and about the inability of our leaders to take our nation where we rightly belong among the comity of Nations.

At the end of the day, I was presented with the autobiography of "Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi" whom the world know as "Mahatma Gandhi" and who Indians favourably call "Gandhiji". The autobiography is titled 'The Story of My Experiments with Truth'.

I will forever cherish the book, because it was given to me by people from another Nation and Continent, but who truly are Nigerians at heart.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Obinoscopy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Short Term Goal:

1. Send articles to Nigerian newspapers every fortnight on burning national issues.

2. Participate in constructive debates in online forums like nairaland

3. Join a public health oriented NGO

Long Term Goal:

1. Establish my own NGO

2. Join politics

3. Sponsor a list of motherless babies homes

4. Adopt 2 nigerian kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Kslib(m): 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2012
yuzedo: Re-orientate the masses on the difference between "am" and "i'm".. undecided

It might seem trivial, but it is a crusade i'm very serious about! I can quote 10 posters here that made that have mistake, all of them undergraduates and overgraduates o!
Re-orientate someone like this guy that little stuffs like this doesn't really matter and is really unnecessary and a total waste of precious useful time.. Weda na"am" or "i am",all i know is that you will definately understand the person using it.. Isn't language suppose to be a tool for effective communication and understanding.. So if i like,i will replace "he is coming" with "he his coming".. All i know is that i am communicating and the other party is understanding what i am saying,unless he tries to play the part of a "dumb hypocrite".. We like speaking big big,heavy duty and thunderous grammer,but where has it led us to? Nowhere!!!! The worst thing is that the language was even borrowed sef.. Talking about being inferior..
Now we want to include chinese in our schools,,can you imagine?.. When the chinese were busy teaching their youths with chinese language practical and useful stuffs to improve their country,we were busy pin-pointing people who used "am" instead of "i'm"..
When we stop having inferiority complex,and bring education to our pool of talented youths in plain "pidgin",we will start seeing changes..
When we stop wasting students time with bunch of useless theories,and face practicals,only then will we see changes..
When the changes come,only then will some of us realise that no language or medium of communication is inferior to the other,as far as understanding takes place.. Only then will we see a chinese/indian/german who is trying to speak "pidgin",cos they need us....
When the changes come,the same teacher who failed me for using "am" instead of "i'm" will be the same person benefitting from the economy when a new car sells for 100 thousand naira,when a new plasma tv goes for 3,500 naira,cos i shunned "am" and "i'm',and got my hands dirty with stuffs,inventions,and creative stuffs that will help the country/economy and most importantly "I REALISED THAT LANGUAGE IS A TOOL FOR COMMUNICATION AND SHOULD HAVE NO RULES AS FAR AS UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES TAKES PLACE".....
Lastly,i have no apology to give for any grammatical blunder found in my post cos i believe "i'm"--"am"(choose any one) communicating and you are understanding...

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 6:18pm On Oct 29, 2012
Its quite sad a lot of people will avoid this thread. If it was about ethnic bashing, it would have gotten up to 20 pages by now. Thumbs up to everyone that at least opened it to read or dropped a point here.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Elueme: 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nigeria has failed me but I can't forever count my losses, however, for my criticisms to be worthwhile I have made tremendous investments to the development of this country why I got the temerity to oppose people who CRITICISE out of sentiment.
I started my quest to impact my society from my university days @ UNIBEN by belonging to one of the strongest political force to address social injustice and politics of divide and rule. As trivial as student unionism, it could be very complex and delicate but some chose to pay the price why I have so much respect for some of my leaders till today.
After my graduation, I became a volunteer in the delivery of free medical care which included free consultation, treatment and surgery to several thousands of impoverished and marginalized Niger deltans via an NGO by the name HMI/ AM project. One of the daring exercise we undertook was during the amnesty period for ex-militants where I was involved in the medical screening of these my freedom fighters( though some fought for their pockets) at the amnesty camp in Obubra, cross river state.
As someone who has sworn and dedicated his life to the service of humanity, I was able to identify a very serious need in the state where I did my NYSC, in middle belt Nigeria, where i builtand donated an health clinic to a community after 28 years of fruitless effort by the local indigenes. It beats my imagination how irresponsible the govt in this locality can be. I was very much involved in the development of rural health in the state that my colleagues and I embarked on free medical and surgical out reaches in over 8 communities in 8 different local govt of the state, though fully sponsored by the state govt. I took it upon myself to renovate and provided basic facilities to another health clinic in the same local government as well other minor humanitarian works I did.
Presently, I am working on establishing my own health NGO as well furthering my education in one of the best universities in the world.
Despite the failure of government, let's endeavor to affect lives when we can. You may not go out of your way but there are things you can do without bleeding yourself so much.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Tunmi(f): 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
volunteer somewhere whether with a NGO or a school or some charitable organizations, write screenplays, intern with historians and archaeologists and hold down a steady job.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by vilively: 8:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Many must have started it in the past..but
I'm hoping to Fight the idea and concept that the Knowledge of English alone will take u evrywhere.

From bad experiences I've learnt a hard Lesson....U NEED TO KNW A NIGERIAN LANGUAGe.it gives. Sense of pride and belonging.
Even iF its not ur Mother Tongue. But a Nigerian Language.
Hoping to Address schools,Churches nd the likes as time goes on.the next generation deserves to enjoy this gift of unique speech.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Curiouscity(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2012
ba7man: Its quite sad a lot of people will avoid this thread. If it was about ethnic bashing, it would have gotten up to 20 pages by now. Thumbs up to everyone that at least opened it to read or dropped a point here.

Greater % of Nigerians don't know how to do anything that will benefit others. Volunteering is alien to most people here.
All we know is criticize the government, without offering suggestions. We see each other as the source of our predicament.
Hence, the none participation of many on this thread.

A poor person blames his poverty on the rich/elites(tho this maybe true in the case of today's political class), while the
rich blame the poor for being lazy.

We need to contribute our quota to see the change we demand to see, after all, whoever will be in government tomorrow will
from among us. Our government is a reflection of who we are as a nation!!

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Kslib(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2012
This thread ought to have gotten to page 50 nah.. Come on,tell us what you are planning to do for Nigeria..even if it's a lie,just tell us...
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by seyibrown(f): 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2012
Okija_juju:

Good Question.. Here is my Answer..

If I get into power.. Either as a Minister, Governor or President, My first point of duty would be to re-organize the Judiciary, Police (and all attached Law enforcement agencies) and then Build new minimum security prisons/correctional facilities..

The Judiciary would have to start handling cases fast and quickly.. The police would be trained by international professionals on non-lethal arrest techniques (and these big AK-47s would be taken from them and replaced with batons, Beretta pistols and stun guns..

THE Courts: People should be sentenced to jail or given an option of a fine & community service.. NIGERIANS need to know and fear the LAW first of all.. When we all know, respect and obey the law, then we can tackle any other problemin the country..

We must meet up/rub minds together one of these days! Follow me, abeg! I dey follow you!
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by prettyboi1(m): 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
Short term contributions/ Goals- So far my contributions on a daily basis are 1. I don't litter any environment I'm in. I never dispose of anything (not even sweet wrappers, used recharge cards,biscuit wrappers or anything at all) indiscriminately. I only dispose of refuse or any form of garbage in a trash can or refuse bin & if there's none at the time I need to dispose of them, I either put them in my pocket or leave them in my car until I get a refuse bin or trash can.
2. I don't beat traffic laws intentionally.
3. I make it a point of duty to give alms to as many beggars as I can everyday I see them.
4. I make sure I always vote. Many people want change,but they fail to realize that when they don't vote,they make it very easy for the corrupt politicians to rig elections.
5. I never collect bribes from people to do anything for them. Whenever I'm in a position to help people, I help. I do it for free because in my heart I believe it's the right thing to do & so I hate it when people try to "buy" my good side. My yes is my yes & my no is my no. I hate when people think they can buy my opinions. I'd be good to any/everyone whenever I can because of human compassion & not bribery.
5. I see all Nigerians as Nigerians & not based on tribal or religious sentiments. I give credit to all Nigerians (regardless of religion or ethnicity) & likewise scold regardless of religion or ethnicity. I'm a Christian & I'm not from Northern Nigeria,but I voted Buhari in the 2011 elections & if I could vote him 500 more times,all my votes would go to him. If he still comes out to contest tomorrow, I'd still vote him (except if I see someone I trust more than him.) Note: I'm not forcing my opinion of my preferred presidential candidate on any person,but I'm only asking that we vote whoever we vote based on credibility & the truth of our conscience rather than sentiments.
7. I always pray for Nigeria every morning when I wake & every night before I sleep....except if I forget. I hardly forget though.

LONG TERM CONTRIBUTIONS/GOALS:
1. I honestly pray & hope to be able to afford to run a charity centre where poor Nigerians can come eat & drink free everyday. I also intend to have comfortable Nigerians help by offering my charity centre old items like clothes & shoes they no longer use so as to give to the poor guys who come in there everyday.
2. I plan to have an animation company like Walt Disney that is strictly Pan-African(black Characters & African names all through). Some people might ask "how does this help Nigeria or the black race or Africa at large?" Well, whether you believe it or not, the caucasian (white) race have been able to psyche all other races to see them as at least a bit more superior by making appearances in almost all spheres of life. Notice almost all of the world's famous cartoon characters are white? (if you didn't notice,notice now.) It's not some kinda competition, I just would like to help elevate my country & my race to the world stage so that people from other parts of the world can also see us how we see them.
4. I plan to start many things here in Nigeria & then export them proudly to other parts of the world while maintaining the originality of being Nigerian.
5. If I feel like nobody's offering Nigeria good leadership, I might go into government when that time comes. I don't really like politics,but I'm really concerned about Nigeria & the welfare of the people cos at the end of the day,this is the only place we have to call our own. Somethings can only be changed from being inside government & if nobody before me offers those changes,I might just go into government.

God Bless us all, God Bless the federal republic of Nigeria. Amen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akpabio Commends Uduaghan On Government House / Lagos Generates ₦127 Billion In Q1 2021 / Enugu Is An Overhyped Village: Pictures/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.