Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? (7179 Views)

Oh God!!! See What Akure Indegenes Are Doing To Ndigbo Ooo!!! (must See) / What Are You Doing About Your Phcn Accumulated Bill / Nigerians: What Are You Doing On Nigeria 51st Independence Holiday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:44am On Nov 04, 2012
ogugua88:

You've already done many NLers proud with the amalgamation debate. I look forward to seeing more from you smiley

Thank dearie. Its guys like you that make me believe so much in my Country.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Noiseless2: 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
And this thread is coming from someone who thinks boko haram and their supporters shouldn't be condemned. NONSENSE!
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
I'm presently trying to save Nigerians from their medieval and shallow mentality - and give them an identity by showing them what it actually means to be a Nigerian, or from the geographical location called Nigeria... Furthermore, I'm also trying to foster revolutionary ideas on the average Nigerian and how to hold their leaders responsible for their actions and inactions - power belongs to the people...

I'm also trying start a little business plan idea - and show Nigerians how to create wealth, and the importance of wealth creation... I might have to include career in that - show them why having a career is better than having a job...

Lastly(this is my field), I have a couple of Computer Security platforms/web-interface I'm working on for the Nigerian market - still studying the dynamics and what's applicable to Nigeria..

PS: It's high time we started teaching people how to get up and make themselves useful, and not spoon-feeding them... Education and knowledge-of-self is important, if we want to take Nigeria out of the shackles of poverty, bad governance, and destruction - to its rightful place among the league of nations.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2012
shymexx: I'm presently trying to save Nigerians from their medieval and shallow mentality - and give them an identity by showing them what it actually means to be a Nigerian, or from the geographical location called Nigeria... Furthermore, I'm also trying to foster revolutionary ideas on the average Nigerian and how to hold their leaders responsible for their actions and inactions - power belongs to the people...

I'm also trying start a little business plan idea - and show Nigerians how to create wealth, and the importance of wealth creation... I might have to include career in that - show them why having a career is better than having a job...

Lastly(this is my field), I have a couple of Computer Security platforms/web-interface I'm working on for the Nigerian market - still studying the dynamics and what's applicable to Nigeria..

PS: It's high time we started teaching people how to get up and make themselves useful, and not spoon-feeding them... Education and knowledge-of-self is important, if we want to take Nigeria out of the shackles of poverty, bad governance, and destruction - to its rightful place among the league of nations.

From someone who has never been to Nigeria. O ma se!!

grin

24/Hrs on NL and you plan to do all that? shocked
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by dubem3(m): 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2012
there is just one thing i've picked from this thread and thats the fact that 'we know what's good'.
reading through some of the posts here,i just wished that these things would come to pass.
our country is not beyond redemption and thats for sure.
i am not in the class of people that blame our woes on government. i believe that we all contribute our quota in messing up the country and that just like a jigsaw we all hold a piece of the key to make us whole.

on my path,gone are the days when i used to weep at our plight,indulge in endless arguements and develope sore throats arguing in a high pitch bout a topic of which its proceeds will not exceed the confines of the room where i am. these days, i focus on building myself and letting morals guide me on how best to be of help and relate with my neighbours and immediate environment.

i believe that gradually,even without my knowing it and while still seeming small to me, this little circle that i've drawn around myself will begin to expand and accomodate more people.

i have learnt that the more i go out of my way to do things, the more annoyed i get if i do not get expected results and the more i do not get expected results,the more am prone to the danger of being bent by the evil in the air.

As for you my people in diaspora...as difficult as ut may be,try to look at both sides of stories you hear. before you make that nasty comment paint your self a possible scenario of events and embed yourself in it. if your a sincere person you will find that in some cases,just a tiny thread of good will or morality and sometimes nothing at all but time and chance differentiates you from the offender.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by thirty(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2012
Creating community development programme and empowering people.
Remember, you can change your community when you change yourself for good
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by landinfo: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by landinfo: 2:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
ojuyobo/acn
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by landinfo: 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: I am campagning to oust PDP from Nigerian, that is the only way things could get improved.

NO matter what you do to improve this country, PDP will definitely run you down because improvement /development is not in their policies.
& u tink acn/can is BETA...shey u c wetin happun 4 ondo, dat na jus d beginin soon d citizenz go SWEEP ojuyobo/acn komot 4 SW

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by lateef4me(m): 12:02am On Nov 09, 2012
Make money through business .
Go into politics when independent candidancy is constitutionally allow.
If not,create the awareness for independent candidancy until NASS amend the constitution to that effect.
Go for lecturing primarily to impact values to the next generations .
May God help me !
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by aariwa(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
smiley tongue kiss
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by aariwa(m): 11:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
Good idea.I have started counting the days for you.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 13, 2013
[size=13pt]Thank you for reviving the thread. I was reading it a few days back lol. I hope everyone's still on track to their goals and aspirations.[/size]
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by dubem3(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
maybe u could share any landmark yiu've reached since then.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 4:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
If am in a position to effect changes,I will make teachers salary to be the most attractive going by what is happening nown,by so doing a teacher will have the mind and ability to teach his/her students with good morale and the society will once again be a better place.

When we train our young children with sound mind with a promising future...our Nigeria will come to its feets.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
achi4u: If am in a position to effect changes,I will make teachers salary to be the most attractive going by what is happening nown,by so doing a teacher will have the mind and ability to teach his/her students with good morale and the society will once again be a better place.

When we train our young children with sound mind with a promising future...our Nigeria will come to its feets.

[size=13pt]That's a big problem here too. Teachers and professors are woefully underpaid, but many still do it because it's what they love. They should have better salaries, agreed.[/size]
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]That's a big problem here too. Teachers and professors are woefully underpaid, but many still do it because it's what they love. They should have better salaries, agreed.[/size]
What is the better salary like that you are talking about?
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
dubem3: maybe u could share any landmark yiu've reached since then.

[size=13pt]Landmarks? Just my grades lol, they're good as always. I'm no longer studying health education though. The course work wouldn't allow me to take pre-medical courses concurrently as I had hoped. So, I'm majoring in French as I have a solid 5-year background in that, and I'm taking my pre-med courses concurrently as wished. So far so good in terms of quiz/exam scores.

I have contacted the medical mission folks. I'll attend their next meeting I have questions to ask as I hope the program is long-term and not one where they drop a month's worth of medication and leave, patting themselves on the back.

My goals are still the same.[/size]
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
all4naija: What is the better salary like that you are talking about?

[size=13pt]It depends on what the current salary is in Nigeria. If it's anything like that of the US, then it needs a big boost. The average teacher's salary here is less than $45,000. The worst part is that school supplies for students either come out of their already shallow pockets or parents make donations to classrooms.

Other things come into play, like certification, students' performances, merit, etc. A teacher shouldn't be making less than $60,000 a year.[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by anulaxad(m): 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
THINKING OF MY PLAN,HOW I WILL ONE DAY DEVELOP NIGERIA AND ITS USELESS SOCIETY. sad
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by dubem3(m): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Landmarks? Just my grades lol, they're good as always. I'm no longer studying health education though. The course work wouldn't allow me to take pre-medical courses concurrently as I had hoped. So, I'm majoring in French as I have a solid 5-year background in that, and I'm taking my pre-med courses concurrently as wished. So far so good in terms of quiz/exam scores.

I have contacted the medical mission folks. I'll attend their next meeting I have questions to ask as I hope the program is long-term and not one where they drop a month's worth of medication and leave, patting themselves on the back.

My goals are still the same.[/size]

good grades are good oh!!!
una wen sabi read book,abeg make una read am well well...
am sure i didn't say much but whatever it was i said, wallahi, am on track
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It depends on what the current salary is in Nigeria. If it's anything like that of the US, then it needs a big boost. The average teacher's salary here is less than $45,000. The worst part is that school supplies for students either come out of their already shallow pockets or parents make donations to classrooms.

Other things come into play, like certification, students' performances, merit, etc. A teacher shouldn't be making less than $60,000 a year.[/size]
$45000? That's huge mehn! Teachers here earn the equivalent of $10000 per year. Go figure! As for school supplies... Forgerrit
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:57am On Feb 14, 2013
brokoto: $45000? That's huge mehn! Teachers here earn the equivalent of $10000 per year. Go figure! As for school supplies... Forgerrit

$45,000 isn't enough for a teacher that has his/her own kids to care for. This is because the cost of living in California is high.
However, $45,000 can comfortably sustain a professor in Nigeria.
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 14, 2013
CFCfan:

$45,000 isn't enough for a teacher that has his/her own kids to care for. This is because the cost of living in California is high.
However, $45,000 can comfortably sustain a professor in Nigeria.
that is if they see such an amount. The figure I quoted is the average salary of a university lecturer o, not high school teachers. That's like $800 per month. Think am na. Is it good enough for senior lecturers in Nigeria?
Re: What Are You Doing To Improve Nigeria? by tck2000(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
I almost cried reading this,i'm proud to be a Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Reason Why Fulani Is Trending On Twitter(photos) / Oshiomhole Receives Royal Blessings From The Agbuza Of Ihievbe Clan (Photos) / APC May Also Be Manipulating Nairaland "Likes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.