Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41457 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ebizswit(f): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2012
[quote author=oyb]

please ban this riff raff animal - sounds like one of the criminals [/quot just spoke ma mınd now
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ebizswit(f): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2012
solidbroda: It seems you are a newbie in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole. Anything from 6pm till dawn, u are on your own. Even, daily robberies we still have and yet you said you love the night. I'm sure you have not learnt your lessons yet, probably if you have ur legs amputated to keep u alive, then maybe you will learn. Nature has warned you enof, and I'm pretty sure its time you keep ur heard low for a while unless you are finally tired of ur gifted life.
foolısh talk! What of those pple dat were attacked rıght ınsıde thıer house!eıther u stay out late or nt what would be would be ıts just God dat save, so stop soundıng ıke one of those heartless robbers undecided

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ebizswit(f): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
claremont: Let's not blame the Nigerian police for anything, they are a part of a system that is broken. Tell me, what incentive is there for a Nigerian policeman to risk his life for anyone?!
yea u are rıght, as a matter of fact so many pple go ınto d polıce force as a result of frustratıon or as a result of nt gettıng a job. Nd ıts nt so easy for a polıce man to start runnıng ınto a battle fıeld jst lıke dat, wen he knws he could loose hıs lıfe,just ımagıne d polıce dat was kılled durıng d gun battle wıf d armedrubbers..so lets put less blame on polıce..they have dıa lıfes nd they have famıly too..ıts God dat ıs d chıef securıty.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by SisiKill1: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2012
obowunmi:

He dropped the "friend" home - I'm asking what made her special to deserve the "drop off" wait.
angry angry sad
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DCTrendy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2012
@OP,

I can confidently tell you, U have a great future ahead of you! To have survived that, I can

assure you God has a great purpose for your life! U have displayed a great measure of maturity here as well.

And to Nairaland and its owners, U allow all sort of crap here! Insults, fighting, anger and all. All I can say is May God help you all.

We thank God for the poster's life.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 02, 2012
mekaboy:

[b]A LOT OF QUESTIONS DEY THIS STORY ABEG.

THE 10 ARMED ROBBERS CAME TO YOUR FRIENDS ESTATE WITHOUT A CAR? OVER POWERED THE OPC SECURITY MEN AT THE GATE OF THE ESTATE, WITHOUT ANY NOISE? WAITED FOR YOU TO DROP YOUR GF AND COME BACK?

I THOUGHT IF THEY CAME TO ROB THE ESTATE, YOU AND YOUR GF WOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST TO LEAD THEM IN.

THE WAY YOU NARATED THE STORY, IT SEEMS LIKE YOU WERE STANDING FACE TO FACE WITH THEM AS THEY WERE ROBBING, AND I KNOW ARMED ROBBERS DONT LIKE PEOPLE STANDING FACE TO FACE WITH THEM.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THEY TOOK THE CAR KEYS FROM THE EXPAT AND PARKED CLOSE TO YOURS? AND YOU WATCHED ONE OF THEM CLIMB THE FENCE AND POINT A GUN AT THE GATE MAN IN THE NEXT COMPOUND AND ASKED HIM TO OPEN THE GATE.?

FOR YOU TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GATHER THIS MUCH DETAIL ABOUT THE INCIDENT, IT MEANS YOU WERE STANDING AND WATCHING WHILE THE PERFORMED FOR YOU. ANYBODY WHO HAS BEEN A REAL VICTIM OF ARMED ROBBERY, WILL TELL YOU THAT THE LAST THING ROBBERS WILL WANT TO DO IS HAVE YOU STAND FACE TO FACE WITH THEM.

SO I WONDER HOW YOU MANAGED TO WATCH THEM CLIMB FENCE, BREAK WALL, COLLECT CAR KEY, GO AND PARK NEXT TO YOURS ETC. YOU FOR TELL US SAY THEM GIVE YOU KEY MAKE YOU GO DRIVE THE CAR PARK SINCE YOU WERE ONE OF THEM.

OP ABEG, I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THIS STORY ACTUALLY HAPPENED, BUT WHAT I AM SURE OF IS THAT IT DID NOT HAPPEN TO YOU. YOU GATHERED SO MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROBBERY, THAT I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF YOU WERE STANDING UP OR LYING DOWN TO WATCH ALL THIS HAPPEN.

BEFORE I FORGET, YOU SAID YOU ALWAYS ENCOUNTER ARMED ROBBERS, AND IN EACH OCCASION, YOU CONFUSE THEM WITH YOUR JAMES BOND DRIVING MOVES , SO YOU MEET THEM OFTEN ABI?

AND IF IT REALLY HAPPENED TO YOU, A NORMAL NL PERSON WILL TELL THE STORY THAT WEEK, WHY WAIT TILL 2 AND HALF MONTHS? WELL I THANK GOD FOR THE LIFE OF THE PERSON THAT TOLD YOU THIS STORY YOU ARE TELLING US.[/b]

You are a very 'smart' guy. Is it not obvious that many of the victims will kinda find out what happened afterwards?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Ranoscky(m): 3:15am On Nov 03, 2012
pappilo: This story is false. A major operation like this would have made the tabloids at least and savvy lekki dwellers would have reported it on social media. I hope dDeep sight and Sept12 are the same people otherwise I am cancelling my trip to Naija this December!
Even if u come or not, the whole entire society in Nigeria don't know u exist (except ur family).
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Chinwem(f): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
Sept12:

First things first get understanding:

what i have learnt is that Nairaland is a perfect analog for Nigeria the country. There is a lack of respect, civility, responsibility, decorum, intelligence, exertion to understand etc etc etc...these thing needed to engender a productive modern soceity. Nigeria and Nairaland both are therefore linked. I therefore employ the same rules in both soceities. i try to live the same way in both places.

My point.

The level of crass disregard for civility that exists on Nairaland is appalling. People come across as unintelligent, poorly educated and with no ability to build scenarios and achieve perspective. The same exact situation Nigeria is in. And seeing that Nairaland has a younger demographic it shows

Sad.......
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Beebah03: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2012
Is that the issue here you slowpoke!! And if she's his girlfriend, how does that change the fact that there was a robbery, you should be questioned sef, whether you're one of them robbers*long hiss*
obowunmi:

He dropped the "friend" home - I'm asking what made her special to deserve the "drop off" wait.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Beebah03: 2:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
How do you know @OP isn't the victim? Are you one of the armed robbers or the OPC that pro'lly cut a deal or the one of the Cops? Which 1 r you?
mekaboy: WHAT STOPS YOU FROM BEING THE OP WITH ANOTHER USER NAME ? I AM NOT SAYING THE STORY IS FAKE, I AM ONLY SAYING THE OP IS CLAIMING TO BE THE VICTIM WHICH HE IS NOT .

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by obowunmi(m): 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
angry angry sad

Sorry love, didn't mean to annoy.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by obowunmi(m): 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
Beebah03: Is that the issue here you slowpoke!! And if she's his girlfriend, how does that change the fact that there was a robbery, you should be questioned sef, whether you're one of them robbers*long hiss*

What's wrong in asking questions?

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by VolvoS60(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sept12: This will be my last post both under this pseudonym and on this topic.

I have been here on Nairaland for about 6-7 years. I relied on Nairaland a whole lot when i was based outside Nigeria and planning my relocation. I remember the exodus to 'that other forum' when Seun Osewa became totalitarian. I come here less now and i see less of the early people commenting as well.

Goodbye.

^^^^Can't argue with some of your comments up there. Nairaland is a shadow of what it once was - it was once cutting edge with sharp, conscious, smart young people - but its now in the same league as "naijapals", etc. It will be interesting to see what it'll look like 7 years from now.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 2:39am On Nov 12, 2012
Today?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by PastorKun(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2012
USAMarshal: saharareporters just reported a robbery incident similar to this story. but it happened today. I will think its the same group of robbers tormenting Lekki axis. This time the police confronted them but couldn't overpower them http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-aftermath-gun-attack-lekki-neighborhood-lagos http://saharareporters.com/news-page/gunmen-attack-lekki-neighborhood-lagos

Similar case happened to someone I know a week ago, she was abducted and carried around from 8pm at night till 4am in the morning and in the process they robbed eight houses starting from lekki all the way to Abule egba and eventually back to lekki. Very traumatic experience for her.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Bobajo(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
I dont 'think'. I think its the same guys who robbed and kidnapped my friend Friday/Saturday morning (ref my comments jn the thread on the Access Bank Guy who was robbed but subsequently shot by policemen). Same MO, same large number. Same level of heavy weaponry and equipments. Same speaking in Yoruba. They even drove my friends car around the next day and subsequently parked it along Lekki Beach Road. The impunity is amazing. Only God will save us from the madness.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by guvna(m): 2:43am On Feb 20, 2013
solidbroda: It seems you are a newbie in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole. Anything from 6pm till dawn, u are on your own. Even, daily robberies we still have and yet you said you love the night. I'm sure you have not learnt your lessons yet, probably if you have ur legs amputated to keep u alive, then maybe you will learn. Nature has warned you enof, and I'm pretty sure its time you keep ur heard low for a while unless you are finally tired of ur gifted life.

Wow what a statement, typical of a low life!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Scary!!!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by TaiKuun(m): 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^^Can't argue with some of your comments up there. Nairaland is a shadow of what it once was - it was once cutting edge with sharp, conscious, smart young people - but its now in the same league as "naijapals", etc. It will be interesting to see what it'll look like 7 years from now.
it's 7 years now, how va?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by VolvoS60(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2019
TaiKuun:
it's 7 years now, how va?

^^^
First of all, we thank God for life...7 whole years gone by...

Well...I'm sure you are aware that betting and pool agents spam almost every thread now - with promises to enrich anyone foolish enough to fall for their garbage.

I wasn't that far off the mark with my prediction...

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by id4sho(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Damm
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Unrated900(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
The title of your film should be am alive
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by gulfer: 6:57am On Sep 15, 2020
Wao, then Lekki was under the siege of Godogodo (only God knows where he is now, prolly dead) those guys were a terror squad and it was always heart in mouth situation driving late or very early.... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by dederocs(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2020
We need more drastic measures via the constitution on this set...state assembly members should rise up to the occassion to protect your people, you are there to preserve their wellbeing and make sure they are safe...critical times call for drastic measures.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by dederocs(m): 8:08am On Sep 15, 2020
Bobajo:
I dont 'think'. I think its the same guys who robbed and kidnapped my friend Friday/Saturday morning (ref my comments jn the thread on the Access Bank Guy who was robbed but subsequently shot by policemen). Same MO, same large number. Same level of heavy weaponry and equipments. Same speaking in Yoruba. They even drove my friends car around the next day and subsequently parked it along Lekki Beach Road. The impunity is amazing. Only God will save us from the madness.
I suspect a vigilante squad doing this, they have access to guns.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by dederocs(m): 8:13am On Sep 15, 2020
Areaboy2:
Wow! that is some story... so in roughly 4 hours of operation, the police didn't show up? That is indeed scary to say the least. SO basically they had no get away car and had to wait for you to drop someone off and come back?. And what of the so called OPC that usually man that estate gate in the first place? did they take a leave? or are they the robbers?

Well, we really do need a reformation in that country. big big one undecided
The police are now lazy, cos of their quest for bribes, what a shame...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by dederocs(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2020
ebizswit:
yea u are rıght, as a matter of fact so many pple go ınto d polıce force as a result of frustratıon or as a result of nt gettıng a job. Nd ıts nt so easy for a polıce man to start runnıng ınto a battle fıeld jst lıke dat, wen he knws he could loose hıs lıfe,just ımagıne d polıce dat was kılled durıng d gun battle wıf d armedrubbers..so lets put less blame on polıce..they have dıa lıfes nd they have famıly too..ıts God dat ıs d chıef securıty.
They know what the job entails, its all about strategy, they have armoured APC and more meb, stop supporting what is bad.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by id4sho(m): 8:27am On Sep 15, 2020
gulfer:
Wao, then Lekki was under the siege of Godogodo (only God knows where he is now, prolly dead) those guys were a terror squad and it was always heart in mouth situation driving late or very early.... shocked shocked shocked shocked
He was arrested 2013/14 by DCP Abba Kyari then SP , under chief detective CP Umar Manko.
7month intensive hunt.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by gulfer: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2020
id4sho:

He was arrested 2013/14 by DCP Abba Kyari then SP , under chief detective CP Umar Manko.
7month intensive hunt.
Yes correct; Lekki was hot those years angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by AngelicBeing: 11:59am On Feb 25, 2022
Chai shocked
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Born2conquer: 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2022
otokx:
That is the new style na o, that long hammer but it can be defeated if you construct your door in a certain way and make it not to have any corridor that way they cannot swing it but then there is always the window to cut.

corridor as how
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by pyro10(m): 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2022
Old story....boring story...
Same shit different day
Same shit different location
Same shit different people

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic) / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.