Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41465 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Elebiju: 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx: If your father was half as brave as my pops, then maybe, I would read your rant...

When my pops picked up a gun and fought to keep Nigeria as one as a teenager(despite being from one of the most popular families in Lagos at that time), your father was probably in his village hiding like a scared biatch...

Fvck off and stop trying to be like me, prick...
''''''''takes cane (atori) whips shymexx mercilessly...... had to do it cause u used the F word unusual of a true bred yoruba
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Dipwater(m): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
@op everyday is like dis man ,thank gudness for ur life.
I had an encounter once ,I know how it is

Don't trust those opc bois ,cuz they see u everyday. Bowling ,cruising different babes and enjoying life like no mans biness. They are poor and not well paid .don't expect them to be faithful to u. U know the rules na .every body is f/ucking angry with every body .

Beefing up security will not reduce the crime rate .the only way out is establishing a gud system that gives everyone a sense of belonging ,a system that wuld provide jobs for the teeming youth and the underemployed

I have been to the island severally . Come and see the way the flaunt wealth like no mans biness.how many of this wealthy pipu can give free education to the poor ones around them ?. We shuld contribute our lil qouta in building this cuntry. What we shuld practice in this cuntry is love. There is too much hate in the system. Just imagine the raped girls been in a scene where robbers are about to be set ablaze ,wat do u think wuld be there reaction? Ur guess is as good as mine .there is aluu community in every one of us

6 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

your brain needs an upgrade!
he dropped the friend 10 mins drive from the gate of the estate, when he returned back to the gate, the robbers stopped him and the robbing spree started! common sense dictates the friend was not robbed.....

Your own brain needs more upgrade. You clearly see a smoothly fabricated story and you can't tell.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nickydrake(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abrantie:

I'm sure you meant I have exposed the OP? No I don't think so. Besides, it doesn't matter as we don't know him, his plans or house layout or even where he lives.

Any way, there are two choices -- remain and fortify yourself on the premises or leave. Each one of those can be considered a "disappearance".

The reason why THE HAMMER was so effective was because the windows and doors were easily found in the first place. Even the walls which held them weren't thick enough. IMO, any room wall less than 3ft thick and not reinforced with iron rods (rebar) is useless against THE HAMMER. So that probably goes for 99.9% of the houses in Nigeria which are just stacks of badly formulated cement blocks.

Only subterranean rooms offers the best security against human intrusion. This underground room can be placed in a fortified inner room to begin with. The entrance can also be well hidden and small. Add a simple ventilation system and one can hide there for several hours, which is more than enough time.

Finally, I'd recommend not to hire local builders for such a room as that might compromise the secretiveness of the project.

Each time it is mentioned that wicked weapon appears in uppercase. Due respect right there.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

Your own brain needs more upgrade. You clearly see a smoothly fabricated story and you can't tell.

My friend, please if you have time visit the Maroko Police station and make inquiries.

Not that I need you to believe anything.

I hope everyone who reads this simply becomes more security conscious.

Simple.

The Maroko Police Station is right close to oniru market on the alternative route after the lekki phase 1 gate. Step in there and visit and ask, my friend.

It just feels sad to know that there are people whose first reaction to tragic events is such as yours.

E no go happen to you, ever, by the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 8:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

how's this a fabricated story? he had already dropped his friend, drove for 10 mins or more before he met the robbers......how could these robbers have robbed the friend that was about 10km away? you call yourself usamarshal and yet you are reasoning like a goat marshal - take yourself out of here if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute.......
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2012
DEEP SIGHT prolly has some high amount of hatred in his heart. well lets assume my father was rich, and hin get enough money to sustain me for a long time, i would just join the police force sha, cause with hatred in my heart after that event, i wont hesitate to kill any thief...plus dude is educated too. just saying though. grin
anyways i hope i can work in the police force in the next five years, cool. i need to kill sum of these thieves that shot my old man, thank God he didnt die sha cool
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

how's this a fabricated story? he had already dropped his friend, drove for 10 mins or more before he met the robbers......how could these robbers have robbed the friend that was about 10km away? you call yourself usamarshal and yet you are reasoning like a goat marshal - take yourself out of here if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute.......

Coogar you such a big fool. Reacting like a cougar.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by plaetton: 9:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

My friend, please if you have time visit the Maroko Police station and make inquiries.

Not that I need you to believe anything.

I hope everyone who reads this simply becomes more security conscious.

Simple.

The Maroko Police Station is right close to oniru market on the alternative route after the lekki phase 1 gate. Step in there and visit and ask, my friend.

It just feels sad to know that there are people whose first reaction to tragic events is such as yours.

E no go happen to you, ever, by the grace of God.

Just ignore this mor.on
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

you have the brain power of an anopheles mosquito....
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

u sound like one of the thieves
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 9:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
Donlittle: u sound like one of the thieves

Donlittle you are taking it too far. Please quit such talk. Coogar has to learn to be civil in his language. I read the story again to find what happened to the girl.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Feedmemore(f): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

Hmmm i see! He probably fabricated the story to get a nobel for story telling.

Get a life! You simpleton!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by cnwamo(m): 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is the reason why I want to abandon this country and run away to Canada cos Nigeria isn't safe at all.
@Op I thank God for your life, You will definitely live long, I pray such will never happen to me or my loved ones.
The most chilling part to me is when u didn't care whether u would die or not, mehn!!!!!!!!! That's scary.

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by tchaik(m): 9:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Wallie: Not trying to turn this horrible experience into a political statement but I believe the solution is having a State Police. Why?

1. Each State can devote as much resources as they deem necessary to policing efforts.
2. Police needs to be paid a higher wage based on what the local community or area can afford so that they can attract a more professional personnel.
3. Police will have a sense of ownership to an area which will make them more effective.
4. Any Police commander to an area will have to answer to the governor directly for non-performance.
5. The Police will have a better local knowledge of troublemakers in the area.
6. Each state will be responsible for funding the Police freeing the federal government to invest in the federal police force.
7. More jobs for unemployed graduates.

With regards to the issue of having a state police under the control of a governor, the answer is pretty simple: separation of powers already contained in the constitution. Whenever there's any conflict or issue between a state police and the Federal Police, the Federal Police is deemed to have jurisdiction or superiority.

What needs to happen is for the Federal government (legislatures) to write the rules that govern how a Police force can be created, the structure of such a force, its hierarchy, minimum standards, demarcated boundaries and how a police can pursue crime across a boundary, etc.

Lastly, if a State police can’t be authorized then guns should be legalized because, at the very least, one has the option of dying on his knees or dying protecting his loved ones! Property can be replaced if stolen but can you imagine the agony of being present when your loved one is being r.aped without being able to do anything and then killed on top of it?

Nobody wants to die but if I’m going to die, the last place I want to be is faced down on the ground begging for my life!

#WORD

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

Donlittle you are taking it too far. Please quit such talk. Coogar has to learn to be civil in his language. I read the story again to find what happened to the girl.

why didn't you read it properly before accusing the victim of fabricating the story? i guess your fingers act faster than your brain cells...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by SisiKill1: 9:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

Dude don't mind jare, they are not as intuitively advanced as you are. wink

Please there is a thread that needs your amazing intuition and powers of deductions. . .The thread states A guy got into a car, drove to his house and now he is at home. How did he do that?!! How did he get home?! How??!

I tell ya, it is mind bending and I don't know if we can figure it out without your help.

What say you?!! wink

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by plaetton: 9:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
@Deepsight:
With a brilliant mind such as you have, that is yoour greatest asset against all tribulations.

I must say that you are much stronger than I am or would have been under such such circumstances.
So please do not let this trauma or other tribulations get the better of you.

These trribulations can either kill your spirit, your dynamism, optimism ,or, they can serve to strengten your spirit with a clearer view of life and your place in it.

You, being one who teaches us regularly on the corrolations and corresponding relationships between outward reality and their spiritual underpinnings, I hope it is not lost on you that all our life challenges are there for our edification and ultimate perfection.
This is just one stopover of a much longer journey.

Take a vacation.
Take care.

5 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Dipwater(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal:

Marshal u need to calm the f/uck down hommie

Wether it is fabricated or not ,this s/hit can happen to anybody .worst things have happened before, so broda nothing is new

@shymexx u keep talking about. Revolution as if it starts u will fly back home and join us

Anybody in the haus cooking up something like rev shuld hola at me and always ready riches can stop me f/uck material things. Am ready to lay my life down for this cuntry .am not a rifraf (I don't smoke,drink and am not into women like that ,I might not be super rich,but am doing well for myself ).

LET THE REVOLUTION START !!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by naturalwaves: 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Dude don't mind jare, they are not as intuitively advanced as you are. wink

Please there is a thread that needs your amazing intuition and powers of deductions. . .The thread states A guy got into a car, drove to his house and now he is at home. How did he do that?!! How did he get to home?! How??!

I tell ya, it is mind bending and I don't know if we can figure it out without your help.

What say you?!! wink

Hmmmmmmmm........#God is watching you olipsrsealed lipsrsealed#
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

why didn't you read it properly before accusing the victim of fabricating the story? i guess your fingers act faster than your brain cells...

Cooger you better get some brain.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dipwater:
@shymexx u keep talking about. Revolution as if it starts u will fly back home and join us

Anybody in the haus cooking up something like rev shuld hola at me and always ready riches can stop me f/uck material things. Am ready to lay my life down for this cuntry .am not a rifraf (I don't smoke,drink and am not into women like that ,I might not be super rich,but am doing well for myself ).

LET THE REVOLUTION START !!!!!!!!!!

Bruddah, I'm never scared - we just need at least 50,000 loyal people who are down for the struggle... We're all going to die someday, anyway... Why not die for sometime and be remembered? I'm down with the struggle for change in Naija!

I was meant to join the British Army when I was 19 - I just pulled out because I couldn't be ar.sed to go fight in neither Iraq nor Afghanistan... Those people didn't wrong me in any way, shape, or form... I'm not scared.

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
For those who have given up on Nigeria - this is what London used to look like:

Those who suffered the most were children. Unhealthy and overcrowded living conditions were common, and children were vulnerable to infectious diseases such as scarlet fever and tuberculosis. Many children did not have family, or a place to call home, and slept on the street. “Hordes of dirty, ragged children roamed the streets with no regular money or home to go to. The children of the street were often orphans. They stole or picked pockets to buy food, and slept in outhouses. Some children did jobs to earn money. They swept their way through the horse dung to clear paths, while others sold lace, flowers, matches, muffins, etc. on the street.” Because of their small stature, children were often used as chimney sweepers, or forced to crawl through narrow openings and clean out cesspools which compromised their health and safety.

Children without families were taken to orphanages, but the living conditions in the orphanages offered little relief or comfort. “Unfortunately, the treatment of orphans had still not greatly improved while away from a family environment, and they were encountering the same brutal living conditions as they had before. In fact, in The Workhouse Orphan, the pamphlet written in response to the 1860 Committee of Inquiry on Education, the author argued that the institutions set up to care for the poor and orphaned children were failing in their attempts to do so and leading orphans towards a life of crime.”

http://qcengsurvey2richter.pbworks.com/w/page/5745005/The%20London%20Poor
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Abrantie: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
I laugh in Twi whenever I read, "this story is fabricated". Wetin you want this OP Naija man convince you say arm robbers don attack am in Naija? Isn't the crime section of NL full of incredulous or worse stories such as that?

One thing I have noticed about Nigerians is, you are always in denial about the obvious. You see what's going on in your country but would sing,"no this can't be. We are Nigerians for chrisakes! we are better, smarter, and the big giant giant giant of Africa!.. it's not true... the world hates us because we are NIGERIA!" {then covers eyes with both palms}"

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by infolpf: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Why did I ask about the lady friend who was dropped off?

It occurred to me that if DeepSight were a woman, she would have been raped by all 10 of those guys, probably some more than once! This is the thing with rapists, its not really about the sex, its about control and dominance. To DeepSight the man, control was to subject him to terror and the humiliation of helplessness, with a woman, control would have been quite simply sexual assault. Lessons for us all.

Ladies, I beg, sofly waka oh.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by mekaboy(m): 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
OP WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT THERE IS SOMETHING.YOU ARE NOT TELLING IN THIS STORY?

DID THIS HAPPEN TO YOU IN PERSON OR ARE YOU NARATING SOMEONE ELSES EXPERIENCE.

YOU DRIVE A BIG 4 X 4 LAND CRUISER , WENT TO DROP YOUR FRIEND IN LEKKI AND RETURN TO.VI WHERE U LIVE.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A COMFORTABLE YOUNG MAN.

ON THE OTHER HAND YOU SAID U FELT LIKE THE ARMED ROBBERS SHOULD JUST SHOOT YOU TO END.YOUR MISERY, THIS YEAR HAS NOT.BEEN THE BEST.

SOUNDS LIKE A FRUSTRATED PERSON.

NOW HOW CAN YOU BE THE COMFORTABLE MAN THAT DRIVES 4 X 4 LANDCRUISER LIVING IN.VI.

AND ALSO THE SAME GUY.THAT WILL WANT ARMED ROBBERS TO.SHOOT HIM AND.END HIS MISERY FROM THE FRUSTRATION OF THIS YEAR?

THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING IN THIS STORY.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by infolpf: 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^
So to your limited understanding, Mekaboy, the fact that he lives in VI and drives a large SUV means that he is problem free? Clearly you have watched one too many movies. Those of us who live in the real world know that EVERYONE has problems and frustrations, and it is all relative. Meaning? The bigger your car and house, the bigger your problems.

5 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
mekaboy: OP WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT THERE IS SOMETHING.YOU ARE NOT TELLING IN THIS STORY?

DID THIS HAPPEN TO YOU IN PERSON OR ARE YOU NARATING SOMEONE ELSES EXPERIENCE.

YOU DRIVE A BIG 4 X 4 LAND CRUISER , WENT TO DROP YOUR FRIEND IN LEKKI AND RETURN TO.VI WHERE U LIVE.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A COMFORTABLE YOUNG MAN.

ON THE OTHER HAND YOU SAID U FELT LIKE THE ARMED ROBBERS SHOULD JUST SHOOT YOU TO END.YOUR MISERY, THIS YEAR HAS NOT.BEEN THE BEST.

SOUNDS LIKE A FRUSTRATED PERSON.

NOW HOW CAN YOU BE THE COMFORTABLE MAN THAT DRIVES 4 X 4 LANDCRUISER LIVING IN.VI.

AND ALSO THE SAME GUY.THAT WILL WANT ARMED ROBBERS TO.SHOOT HIM AND.END HIS MISERY FROM THE FRUSTRATION OF THIS YEAR?

THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING IN THIS STORY.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
So u read the story very well, and u came to this conclusion? but really? didnt u read about a failed marriage, lost job, financial breakdown? angry sad
if u dnt have anything to say, waka pass

6 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
Glad to know you were miraculously saved from the wicked hands of these devils in human form. God is truly merciful.

But the death of the innocent undecided

Life is truly cheap in Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by mekaboy(m): 11:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
ENOUGH PROBLEMS THAT HE WILL PREFER ARMED ROBBERS TO SHOOT HIM AND END HIS SUFFERING ? HE SHOULD BE REGRETTING THAT THE ARMED MEN DID NOT KILL HIM AS HE WISHED.

WHEN HE SAID HIS WHOLE FAMILY GATHERED, PLEASE WHICH OF THE FAMILY? YOUR DAD, MUM, BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR WIFE AND CHILDREN.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Abrantie: 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
mekaboy: ENOUGH PROBLEMS THAT HE WILL PREFER ARMED ROBBERS TO SHOOT HIM AND END HIS SUFFERING ? HE SHOULD BE REGRETTING THAT THE ARMED MEN DID NOT KILL HIM AS HE WISHED.

WHEN HE SAID HIS WHOLE FAMILY GATHERED, PLEASE WHICH OF THE FAMILY? YOUR DAD, MUM, BROTHERS AND SISTERS OR WIFE AND CHILDREN.

What's your problem? The dude told us his experience. You can believe him or scram.

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by infolpf: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
mekaboy: ENOUGH PROBLEMS THAT HE WILL PREFER ARMED ROBBERS TO SHOOT HIM AND END HIS SUFFERING ? HE SHOULD BE REGRETTING THAT THE ARMED MEN DID NOT KILL HIM AS HE WISHED.

Dude, you ask questions worthy only of an uneducated aboki.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.