Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41456 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
nagoma: it is astounding that you think a sovereign national conference can solve the governance problem in Nigeria!!! I am sorry apart from revolution which I think is practically impossible i do not see a solution to our problem. What I will advocate at this point in time however is the division of the country into two. North and South. This division while ensuring viability may inculcate sense of belonging, nationalism and rule of law, which are the missing elements in our nation state. And I am a full blown Northerner and a Northern nationalist because of circumstances - you may want to know.

Excellent post.

uceee: Nigeria, as a country is due for change. Trust me on this, everything is pointing towards a very violent revolution. If things keep getting worse for the next five years, then something will definitely give. It may be a military coup, or a bloody civilian revolution. God help us then, cos a lot of lives will be sacrificed. Nigerians don dey wise up small small
No need for that, the country is gonna break in 2015. If power i.e presidency doesn't go back to the north in 2015, there would be blood. I sincerely pray in my heart that it breaks peacefully though. Cos if you are overseas, our heart would still be with family back home.

coogar:

the difference here is that nairaland is based in nigeria, not in california.....within few days, security operatives would put seun on nta network news with his face enclosed in a black pillow case...
LWTMB grin
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
uceee: Nigeria, as a country is due for change. Trust me on this, everything is pointing towards a very violent revolution. If things keep getting worse for the next five years, then something will definitely give. It may be a military coup, or a bloody civilian revolution. God help us then, cos a lot of lives will be sacrificed. Nigerians don dey wise up small small
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nah, what are you doing in the UK? The last time I checked, you were born and raised in Nigeria...

He left when when Nigeria was still alright for reasons known to him... However, he's far from being a coward unlike your pops who was in the village hiding when the civil war kicked off...

This is what my pops told me: "There are two things a person has a right to - DEATH or LIBERTY, and you have to choose one."

That's how I lead my life and I'd rather die than be a slave in my own country!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by vascey(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Deepsight
If I didn't know you better I would have thought your story was a nollywood script. One thing that puzzles me though, why did the robbers decide to carry you around
on their rampage? I also hope you remembered to give a testimony about your miraculous escape in 'your' church. wink
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
your case small, day i was robbed at gunpoint
the policeman asked me if i left my atm in the car
"because this, i no get money for hand tire me o"
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by alex406(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank God you are a living testimoney,next time dont go out in the night ok. Thats a huge lesson.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by alex406(m): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank God you are a living testimony,next time dont go out in the night ok. Thats a huge lesson.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by cheddarking(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Michky: So, are you saying we should continue to just fold our arms and keep looking while our sisters are getting raped, our brothers are deprived of basic rights or while the funds that should have been used for public good is being embezzled right before our eyes? I believe USA also went through a revolution at a point in history and they are better for it. Whether the guy stays in UK or not, he's provided a tangible solution. All you do is sit there and criticize everything criticizable. Chei, i tire for these people o.

My brother...

I want to be able to tell you that you can do some thing about it...

or that you can change Nigeria...

But I would be Lying to you...

Naija is too far gone...

Our last hope is Jonathan...We can only hope he can set the ball in motion for a better Nigeria,
And his successor carries on with it...

There is NOthing, You, Me, or the 1diot shouting about revolution can do to change this country...

Im being very REAL now, and not discussing Ideals or Utopias

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by expertfingers(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Na the Arm robbers O!!!! O boy no contact abeg

ROTFL - this is quite hilarious. If the arm robbers are actually reading and replying to this thread then...it is the beginning of the end

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
My brother, this is shocking. What is this country turning into. Zero law enforcement strategy, zero first incident documentation and investigation from the police. And they keep saying police is our friend, how could they be if only what they could do is show up at crime scenes at very late minutes. Damn!!! Bros, I thank God for your life o.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by kpolli(m): 5:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Speechless. . . .

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
phreakabit:

You have got to love the Nigerian Police Force. . . . Bunch of unintelligent worthless Ne'er-do-wells who's only means of "survival" involves extorting innocent Nigerians. . . . BTW , God's grace for you was in abundance that day. . . . The fact that they were speaking Yoruba, talking about you, showed that they had a particular interest in you for some strange reason.
The only interest they had in him was cos of his nice getaway car and they needed him along incase the SUV had a car immobiliser.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by EagleNest(m): 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
What a country!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Michky: 5:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
cheddarking:

My brother...

Naija is too far gone...

Our last hope is Jonathan...We can only hope he can set the ball in motion for a better Nigeria,

There is NOthing, You, Me, or the 1diot shouting about revolution can do to change this country...

Honestly, you're making sense.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
cheddarking:

My brother...

[size=18pt]Naija is too far gone...[/size]

Why can't the rest of you see it? . . . Corruption has eaten way too deep to be stopped now. Its like Cancer at its most advanced stage. . . I share the same POV with the quoted poster, but my ideology is different. I believe the only thing anyone can do now is push for the country to be dissolved(If possible), for secession or for regional autonomy (Will never happen). This is just my opinion though.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Abrantie: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:
As for me, I am already planning very extra-ordinary security measures for my house. Burglar proofing is not enough. One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

How about a secret underground chamber?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
phreakabit:
Why can't the rest of you see it? . . . Corruption has eaten way too deep to be stopped now. Its like Cancer at its most advanced stage. . . I share the same POV with the quoted poster, but my ideology is different. I believe the only thing anyone can do now is push for the country to be dissolved(If possible), for secession or for regional autonomy (Will never happen). This is just my opinion though.

I disagree with you, Nigeria can still be salvaged - we just need progressives(not the pseudo-progressives we have now) who can implement people oriented policies and curb the corruption... London/UK was a shytehole less than hundred years ago... However, they had to implement people oriented policies - when they found out that an uprising was inevitable... Read about the UK and how London was ridden with poverty, destitutes, and filth less than 100 years ago...

China, Venezuela, Cuba etc.. were cesspits as well but their fortunes changed after revolutions...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
Abrantie:

How about a secret underground chamber?

Well done oh! You just burst the guy bubble.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Area_boy:

its a big estate. it took him 10mins to drop her and back. I bet she had no idea what was happening until morning undecided

Area_Boy...copyright infringement!How come you are sharing this name with moi.Good to know i have a partner sha. grin

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by XXICT: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
@Poster,
My broda, i also have a similar story to tell but listening to urs makes me feel mine was just a warm-up exercise even though i slept in the forest with the robbers(without them knowing i was there tho).

Nigeria: I look at Nigeria as a 52yr old man who was asked when he will get married and he responded by saying
"How can u see a man waking up early in the morning and u ask him when he will be going to bed when its just dawn?" Unfortunately, bad leadership is in the core of all these problems.
Yes we all need to be good for the country to be good, but i am of the the strong believe that govt holds the key to the solution of our problems as a nation.

Let me say this here, after God is the government whether anybody likes it or not it is so. So if the govt is good the country will not be bad.

In all we thank God u weren't killed or hurt in the process.

God has a reason for saving your life therefore try and go closer to Him cos according to your story that is the third time you were been robbed. Also try and reduce late nights.
One Love
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by sharpman1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nigerian Police?

Very useless set of people.

I was once at a police station to report a robbery at my house as it was visited the night before. They asked me to pay before they could take my report and also asked for additional payment for a police report i wanted to send to my insurance company.

The also detained the security man i took to the station to give a statement and refused to release him until i paid for bail.

I believe our police is beyond redemption. They are worse than the robbers themselves.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Myself2(m): 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
[size=20pt]Wow[/size]
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
alex406: Thank God you are a living testimoney,next time dont go out in the night ok. Thats a huge lesson.

See reasoning or lack of! So what about the people in their homes? Next time they shouldn't stay in an estate abi and the young lady that was raped must also watch what she wears to bed right? Why do people like you always find a way to blame the victim?

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Abrantie: 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
phreakabit:

Well done oh! You just bust the guy bubble.

I'm sure you meant I have exposed the OP? No I don't think so. Besides, it doesn't matter as we don't know him, his plans or house layout or even where he lives.

Any way, there are two choices -- remain and fortify yourself on the premises or leave. Each one of those can be considered a "disappearance".

The reason why THE HAMMER was so effective was because the windows and doors were easily found in the first place. Even the walls which held them weren't thick enough. IMO, any room wall less than 3ft thick and not reinforced with iron rods (rebar) is useless against THE HAMMER. So that probably goes for 99.9% of the houses in Nigeria which are just stacks of badly formulated cement blocks.

Only subterranean rooms offers the best security against human intrusion. This underground room can be placed in a fortified inner room to begin with. The entrance can also be well hidden and small. Add a simple ventilation system and one can hide there for several hours, which is more than enough time.

Finally, I'd recommend not to hire local builders for such a room as that might compromise the secretiveness of the project.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by samtoye(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
I read this story and it is no different from the crime to humanity we read in newspapers everyday. All we do is just talk talk talk...my conclusion is that Govt created 20% of the problems and WE the people created 80% of Nigerian problem !!!! We are light years from true independence and civilization, if your public officers can send their children abroad to live, study and work it simply means they have no hope in the system they established so why should i? Its rather a bit late for me to start running around the world but one thing i would guarantee is that my next generation would not be born into this quagmire.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Sirniyeh(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
Congratulations!
I want to assure you that, you can not die young anymore. Believe me. There is a lesson to learn. If you belong to a group who just completed 7 days fasting and prayer, they will claim that their prayer saved them. If you carry JUJU or Odechi on your body or any incission, they will claim it was what delivered them. Now that you are neutral, what ever you believe, hold it tight. Dont be decieved and get lured into worshipping shadow. Congrats once again but please, i implore you, dont set yourself ablaze for any revolution sake
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by USAMarshal: 7:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Guys this is a fabricated story. You folks didn't ask what happened to his friend he went to drop off. Was she shot? Did she enter her house safely?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
We Nigerians are still waiting for God to solve our security issues for us?

Isn't it stupid that the churches we go to ask for divine protection, The Pastors of those churches have Armed Body guards protecting them, and we flock to those churches in our millions?

Stupidity is killing us more in Nigeria than anything else. We are always eager to pray, and less eager to solve simple security problems with our brains.....

Provide constant electricity, we cant!!!! ( If our towns and cities are well lit, CCTVs working, we wont mistake generator noise for distress screams...etc)

Provide good roads, we can't ( Armed robbers can be chased effectively, promotes trade, less crime...etc)

If I ever see any statement on nairaland referring to God's protection, I will be mad, because God himself is mad at Nigerians. He gave us brains and we aren't using it. Instead, Pastors and Imams are capitalizing on it by offering them fake divine protection in exchange for their tithes, gifts, and offering.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2012
USAMarshal: Guys this is a fabricated story. You folks didn't ask what happened to his friend he went to drop off. Was she shot? Did she enter her house safely?

your brain needs an upgrade!
he dropped the friend 10 mins drive from the gate of the estate, when he returned back to the gate, the robbers stopped him and the robbing spree started! common sense dictates the friend was not robbed.....

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by SisiKill1: 7:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
tayooluwole: i enjoyed ur experience as if i was watching war film...its still pianing me now dat i am 2ru wth d reading, its as if d story should nt come to an end... Bt i am still wondering how those guys could sucessfuly abscunded wth d OPC nd POLICE awareness... Should i conclude that they re more expact in handling weapons than police that went 2ru formal training in using weapons to avert robbery scene?

I'm prolly gonna go to hell for this considering the seriousness of the issue on ground but mehn this is the FUNNIEST post I've read in a while. cheesy cheesy

I know dude does not mean it the way it came off. . .but hahahahahaha, it is amazing what a couple of words in the wrong places can do to a message. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Aiight my bad!

@ Deep Sight
DP I it is a pity you had to go through that can't imagine what a harrowing experience it must have been. Glad you made it out alive.

USAMarshal: Guys this is a fabricated story. You folks didn't ask what happened to his friend he went to drop off. Was she shot? Did she enter her house safely?

Hmm, what a very very intelligent question, so glad we have people like you who can spot inconsistencies.

You know, I am surprised many people didn't pick up on this. . .although one could say, since the OP stated he dropped her they just automatically came to the conclusion that. . .

1) She was DROPPED OFF.

2) Since the incident took place when the OP was leaving the estate she was no longer in the car because she was DROPPED OFF and being in the car with him at that moment would defeat the whole purpose of him being in the estate in the first place seeing as he was only there to DROP HER OFF!

3) Finally since she was DROPPED OFF before the incident, it is safe to assume she entered her house safely.

People ehn...always trying to flex their brain muscles instead of asking questions that have already been answered. undecided

Thank God you are here to keep people on their toes. wink
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Feraz(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^I just tire for some people....
I had to look up hammer to be sure I still know what it looks like and its function cos the hammer described by deepsight is scary......
If the government can revamp the police sector and employ graduates with benefits attached to this job, it would go a long way in helping.....the building of the secret room as some people have suggested would be done by who? What makes you think the person won't come back to attack him?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nickydrake(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
yuzedo:
But bros, that Hammer that they used, are you sure it isn't THOR's HAMMER?? undecided undecided

Tremble! sons of men, for the mighty mjölnir lies in the camp of thine aggressors, and who shall deliver thee from its pulverizing blow?

Lord in heaven! This story sure is the scariest shît i've heard.

A hammer crushing bulletproof doors! This ought to give the Nobel committee something to think about. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.