Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,158 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41462 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Afam4eva(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
This your story is very graphical and just goes to shows that we have no security in this country.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by MMM2(m): 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dat mean dere is no police in nigeria
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by 222Martins(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
This story has just shattered my faith on my security doors and burglary proofs. But it has reaffirmed that God is the ultimate protector.

11 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by honeric01(m): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank God o.. another major nairaland obituary averted. hmm all man for himself for this country o.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Omho, fear catch me with your story o shocked

I have to stop being outside beyond 10pm now o
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by mallorca(m): 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
To God be the Glory.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ballabriggs: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus: Omho, fear catch me with your story o shocked

I have to stop being outside beyond 10pm now o

Those ones wey dem meet inside their house nko?

Dem dey outside after 10pm?

4 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Na wa o! See story! Fear af catch me honestly.if this story was gonna be in a movie,wetin for be the title?
Thank God for your life op!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by eikeem(m): 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
The Nigerian Police is a racket of criminals. I remember what I went through when my younger brother died in an accident early this year. The DPO deliberately delayed the release of his corpse for 2 days until I threw civility to the wind. I told him that if he was waiting for me to bribe him, he would use the bribe to purchase a coffin for his child!
I'm glad you survived the ordeal, and I have learnt another lesson from your story - when dealing with the police, get as many photo evidence as possible.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by obi123: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
222Martins: This story has just shattered my faith on my security doors and burglary proofs. But it has reaffirmed that God is the ultimate protector.

you are very correct, only God can save one
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by claremont(m): 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Let's not blame the Nigerian police for anything, they are a part of a system that is broken. Tell me, what incentive is there for a Nigerian policeman to risk his life for anyone?!

4 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Lbrasi: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
I can only thank God for your life bro...
naija police are nothing but armed robbers in uniforms based on my experience with them...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by expertfingers(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
solidbroda: It seems you are a newbie in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole. Anything from 6pm till dawn, u are on your own. Even, daily robberies we still have and yet you said you love the night. I'm sure you have not learnt your lessons yet, probably if you have ur legs amputated to keep u alive, then maybe you will learn. Nature has warned you enof, and I'm pretty sure its time you keep ur heard low for a while unless you are finally tired of ur gifted life.

How does this your method of protection cover people who were robbed or the girl that was r.aped in her house? Huh?

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Koolking(m): 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2012
Horrendous!!!!!!!!! I have been robbed at gun point, but was not this scary. God loves you, you live to tell the story. Welcome to life
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmmm...Interesting story...

Nigeria definitely needs a revolution and only people living in the country who go through these horrid experiences can effect the change... However, it seems most of you are not bothered, anyway... I still don't know why Nigerians are scared of dying, when you lead your everyday lives between death, and just staying alive...

Just thank God for your life, and keeping you alive to share your story...

As for me, Nigeria isn't a place for me.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Foxybone(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
Foxybone: Front page please

At last it made the front page where guests can read and understand the predicament of Nigerians. I can't imagine having to go through this harrowing experience and not go to the church (atheist take note) and return all the praise to God. And to say in the least that the Nigerian Police is one of the best in the world is just a plain ridicule of Nigeria as a nation.

If robbers should leave trace and trace of evidence, infact, inviting the police when they left the first crime scene by shooting spontaneously into the air only for the police to arrive hours later, then I must say that I am hoghly disappointed in the security system.

This incidence took my mind back to my days spent in Kano just before the January 20th Attack that left scores of people dead consisting mainly of Policemen, what would I say than serve them right. I remember us handing over a young man suspected to be a member of Boko Haram because he was going from house to house checking out people, now instead of detaining the young man, the policemen who mounted a checkpoint because of the ongoing strike then and protest in Kano decided to free him. They went ahead to put him on a bike and asked him never to return to our area.

Unfortunately, the attack on Kano state came 2 days later, this could have been prevented if the policemen had done their job properly, but what more can I say than thank God for keeping me all through the attack and allowing me leave Kano State in one piece.

OP.... May God give you the necessary strength you need....

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
i need deep sight to describe this "adam's hammer" at length! what sort of hammer rips million-naira gates into shreds? i tire for nigeria - it's hard enough to make money in that country and when you achieve that mean feat, some miscreants are waiting downstream to take it!

claremont: Let's not blame the Nigerian police for anything, they are a part of a system that is broken. Tell me, what incentive is there for a Nigerian policeman to risk his life for anyone?!

excellent point.....
the system is crap - there's no real incentive for any policeman to risk his life and have a slugfest with some armed bandits. i doubt their monthly wages is up to N50k and most of them are family men. the police force should be completely revamped - they should start from the scratch with and employ strictly nigerian graduates - the wage structure should also be upgraded so that the cops won't be too vulnerable to commit crime!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by jamp: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
Are u sure this is not a movie script? Just askingooo
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar: i need deep sight to describe this "adam's hammer" at length! what sort of hammer rips million-naira gates into shreds? i tire for nigeria - it's hard enough to make money in that country and when you achieve that mean feat, some miscreants are waiting downstream to take it!

I can't blame the miscreants because at the end of the day, everyone is trying to survive - life is about the survival of fittest...

That's what you get when you have few elites and the majority living on $1 a day...

The armed robbers have nothing to lose...

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by playahP(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
But why didn't they come with a get-away car?? How did they get there in the first place without a car?......... My car has been jacked before @ ikeja but it doesn't sound as serious as urs!!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar: i need deep sight to describe this "adam's hammer" at length! what sort of hammer rips million-naira gates into shreds? i tire for nigeria - it's hard enough to make money in that country and when you achieve that mean feat, some miscreants are waiting downstream to take it!

hardcore naija armed robbers roll with construction equipment - welding machines, bolt cutters etal.

in the end, if they make up their mind to enter your house, they are entering

no safety anywhere. a friend was telling me to move to gated estate in lekki for the security - but like aj said, no security anywhere.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Those ones wey dem meet inside their house nko?

Dem dey outside after 10pm?

abi oo damn! at at time i taught i was reeading a crime story novel SMH for 9ja police
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Enjoying your billions of naira house in Lekki while the majority are living in welcome-to-Lagos houses, and you expect them to let you sleep with your two eyes closed, no??

Nigeria is an animal jungle where everyone is trying to survive - spread the wealth, thieving bastards, and fix the damn system...

4 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
oyb:

please ban this riff raff animal - sounds like one of the criminals
hahahaha. GOAT
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Areaboy2(m): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
obi123:

you are very correct, only God can save one

you think the woman that got raped didn't believe in god? undecided

you guys like to see one side only

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

I can't blame the miscreants because at the end of the day, everyone is trying to survive - life is about the survival of fittest...

That's what you get when you have few elites and the majority living on $1 a day...

keep talking your empty headed rubbish defending thugs

robbers are on a spree in festac as well. i'm sure in an empty headed thug life apologist like you thinks billionaires live in those multi occupant houses.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by tayooluwole: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
i enjoyed ur experience as if i was watching war film...its still pianing me now dat i am 2ru wth d reading, its as if d story should nt come to an end... Bt i am still wondering how those guys could sucessfuly abscunded wth d OPC nd POLICE awareness... Should i conclude that they re more expact in handling weapons than police that went 2ru formal training in using weapons to avert robbery scene?
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ballabriggs: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
See mumu people. Them dey pray to God make e come save them. Make una no use una head fix the system.

God has given you all everything to protect yourselves. He has blessed the country with resources. Na man be the evil here wey no fit use in head.

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

To be honest, that was my first thought. These people have obviously reached the limit of their frustration and are ready to die. Unfortunatley what they dont recognise is that no be only them. They saw me driving an expensive car and probably assumed i was a rich kid. They wouldnot know, of course, that this was a man who had almost committed suicide this same year after a broken wedding, a lost job, lost finances and then they had to add their own to it.

I keep thinking about the men they killed. Somebody's father, somebody's husband, somebody's brother. . . just trying to make an honest living for their families.

God dey.

8 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
oyb:
keep talking your empty headed rubbish defending thugs

robbers are on a spree in festac as well. i'm sure in an empty headed thug life apologist like you thinks billionaires live in those multi occupant houses.

STFU, prick - I'm not fvcking on your level...

If you fvcking want to quote me, do so without name calling...

Fvck off!!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by yuzedo: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Ishilove: How can it make the frontpage when such earth shaking stories like "Picture of Tiwa Savage pounding yam", or "Picture of Davido eating Apku" are there for our reading pleasure?? undecided
ISHIMGBAKA!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Genuine sympathy for the young lady that was ra(p)ed. I commiserate with you not only on the traumatic experience, but also on being robbed by the damn police.. Saying how long a way we have to go viz-a-viz Policing and security in Nigeria is just being cliche!

But bros, that Hammer that they used, are you sure it isn't THOR's HAMMER?? undecided undecided

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

they should find jobs or make themselves useful instead of killing and räping women! if the motive is all about surviving, why räpe and kill after taking money from their victims? these men of the underworld are just evil - a lot of nigerians wouldn't mind letting these men take money or valuables - it's the killing and the sëxual assault of the women that get people peeved!

just when i thought lagos state finally conquered the menace of armed robbery - it seems to be getting worse!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.