Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan (5500 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by phemieojelabi: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: That, my friend, is the job of the judiciary to prosecute. Its called Separation of Powers in Political Science 101.
U opened ur mouth by saying it d work of d judiciary,This same judiciary that spent few minutes to decide "death by hanging" for sum1 who stole a tin of milk with geisha stuff,Nw finding it hard 2 prosecute both oil industry commitee head n dia defaulter.U beta go back n read dat POL SCIENCE book very well b/4 making comment on NL

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by dirifred(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
drnoel: I wonder why u guys are bordering urselves. Have we not seen the supposed draft copy that needs to be edited. Eh now, we have all seen it. We are eagerly waiting for the final original version. So when that comes out, we will compare it with the supposed draft copy and then find out who the fool is....
Then any cover-up, remove names and so on must be fully explained.
Try to read it once more, with your eye open and your mind open as well. your mindset add somethings only you can see.if the copy out there does not have the signature of the members of the committee, then it is note their report yet.Mind you, if the committee is not up to mischief, why release part of your report? they only send signals out to some people they need their attention or better still bribe.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by four4: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: That, my friend, is the job of the judiciary to prosecute. Its called Separation of Powers in Political Science 101.
I thought it was d duties of anthoney general of d federation who received order frm presidency to sue onbehave of federal govt. also do not think judiciary can sue also prosecute as well but me thought u re very intelligent for dis kind of error frm you
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by lacasa: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2012
Mtcheeu!!

a drunkard fisherman telling lies.

angry
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Bukkyade: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2012
No
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2012
Barywhyte:

1. SNG $50,000 bribery allegation shortly b4 2011 general elections first reported by saharareporters and later confirmed by Tunde Bakare and other SNG officials

2. Malabu oil scam whr Jonathan unilaterally transferred several billions of dollar to many fictitious oil companies without traceable addresses and no sign of registration with CAC, with active participation of Mohammed Adoke and Shell officials. First reported by premiumtimesng earlier this year.

3. What about $7,000 bribe given to participants in PDP primary conducted in December 2010 by Jonathan handlers? Atiku dolled out $5000 tho

4. What about money laundry levelled against Madam Jonathan, by EFFC, way back in 2006 when she was caught with raw cash being flown abroad? Is that not a serious blemish on da image of GEJ.

It is not enough to be pointing fingers but the truth is that this guy isn't in a position to fight against his own house. Why is this presidency not prosecuting subsidies thieves and pension scams beneficiaries? Why must we b paying huge amount of money 2get a litre of petrol in a country where crude oil flows effortlessly?

The same mentality that created a problem will never be instrumental in bringing solution to it.
Sources nko?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by gentleoyink: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2012
guy, wetin u want? Make bros Jona pronounce them guilty so that u go come talk say he be dictator? Na court side remain for those guys. The acts have been investigated and found wanting. It is left for the law court to decide or keep adjourning their cases.

I guess the quickest route is to blame Jonathan, even for cases that are in the court.

mr jangola: none of the indicted oil subsidy thieves hav bin prosecuted. none of the bokoharam kingpins arrested has been prosecuted. farouk lawan is still alert. Even Mumu ebele jonathan is a cover up .

oloshi olori buruku

grin

none of the indicted oil subsidy thieves hav bin prosecuted. none of the bokoharam kingpins arrested has been prosecuted. farouk lawan is still alert. Even Mumu ebele jonathan is a cover up .

oloshi olori buruku

Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Barywhyte(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2012
Joeadamu86: Sources nko?

Don't b lazy! Search the archives of saharareporters.com and premiumstimesng.com for those stories.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by quiverfull(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2012
Dieziani Madueke received the FINAL copy of the report of the committee last month, and for over 3 weeks she did nothing about it. Somebody on the committee sensed the FG was dragging their feet just to cover up the report, and quickly released it to the international media just to force the FG to acknowledge receipt of the report. This is what made the SNG to accuse the FG of a cover-up.
Now Dieziani comes out to tell us it is just a DRAFT copy that still needs the "input" of the FG (the same people indicted by the report). Importantly, the report has raised some very salient questions that need urgent answers:
1. Within the last 20 months, who DASHED out 3 oil blocks, Jonathan or Dieziani?
2. How come Bola Shagaya (a very close associate of Patience Jonathan) was one of the recepients of the oil blocks?
3. None of the oil blocks were bidded for, what criteria did the FG use to arrive at this decision?
4. Who received, and in whose custody is the $180 million Dollars given to the FG by Oil companies as signature bonuses?

Some of us have lost all respect for this government that is very loud on rhetorics and too low on accountability and transparency.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by ouagadougou(m): 11:34am On Oct 30, 2012
Another load of bullshit from a sickly presidency. angry
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2012
Barywhyte:

Don't b lazy! Search the archives of saharareporters.com and premiumstimesng.com for those stories.
Sahara reporters with all their big lies,anything from Sahara reporters is just a compound lie they have nothing to offer but lies...
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Barywhyte(m): 11:55am On Oct 30, 2012
Joeadamu86: Sahara reporters with all their big lies,anything from Sahara reporters is just a compound lie they have nothing to offer but lies...

That's it? Huh? Thought u will give me 2 or 3 examples of stories published by Sahara reporters which were later proved untrue. What about premiumtimesng? Nothing to say about that?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by yanni1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: The Presidency is yet to receive a copy of the Report. It is expected to be received on Friday, but the opposition is already accusing the President of trying to cover-up a report he is yet to receive. Is this not stupid accusation ?

It is not a small stupid o!
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Joeadamu86: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
Barywhyte:

That's it? Huh? Thought u will give me 2 or 3 examples of stories published by Sahara reporters which were later proved untrue. What about premiumtimesng? Nothing to say about that?

All these news agencies dont mean well for the country,tell any positive report they have ever written on Nigeria,does that mean that everything thing is bad in Nigeria?i wont believe their stories...
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by takedat(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2012
Its disheartening when the President has to approve of a commission or panel of inquiry reports indicting public officials or corrupt citizens before the ICPC, EFCC, Attorney General and the Police acts. Empowered agencies charged with the responsibility of investigating and prosecuting accused persons ought to have autonomy over such matters without the President's consent. The otherwise is always the case in Nigeria where selective judgement and preferential treatment are applied because of some certain vested interests thereby leading to political interference
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by airfinance(m): 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
My broda you are definitely right but I must tell you there is no such separation of power in the practice of our present system of government,there is always interference. Remember the story of AGF and the scam prosecution being stopped. Farouk and Otedola who happens to be one of GEJ financier
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by airfinance(m): 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Joeadamu86: Name the allegations hanging on GEJ's neck,i dont think he is involve in anyway...
Seems you are not inclined with is going on in nigeria system
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by SOHKAHTOA: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
HammedSodiqq: Abuja—President Goodluck Jonathan has vowed to get to the root of those who have stolen from the petroleum industry, insisting that there would be no cover up in the implementation of the Mallam Nuhu Ribadu committee’s report when received on Friday.

A statement by Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant, Public Affairs, said the accusation by the Save Nigeria Group, SNG, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP, that the Federal Government is trying to cover up the conclusion of the Ribadu report is baseless and unfounded.

He said: “President Goodluck Jonathan should be commended for his personal resolve to fight institutionalized corruption in Nigeria. President Jonathan ordered the probe of the Oil Industry for the period of ten years (2002 – 2011), which also covers the tenure of his administration. No president in our history has gone this far and this explains why the rots in our system have persisted for so long.”

Okupe stated that while it is unfair for the members of the SNG and the ANPP to have accused the Federal Government wrongly, “the president has neither seen nor received any copy of the Ribadu Committee Report.

“Essentially, what appears to have been irregularly released prematurely to the media is a draft copy, which still requires full accent of all members of the committee and clarifications and due process from the originating Ministry before the official handing over to the Presidency.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/ribadu-report-therell-be-no-cover-up-jonathan/
attention should be drawn to the bolded and let's dispassionately assess if the assertion was true or not? Corruption in the petroleum sector has become institutionalised before GEJ and no administration has made any attempt( sincere or insincere efforts) to curtail this trend until GEJ came on board with the subsidy debacle, PIB as proposed and now this ribadu committee. Despite this some will still open their gutters to ventilate stench.
But what was ribadu trying to achieve by leaking a draft of the report to press even when it hasn't been officially submitted? Someone is trying to score cheap political point or aiming at propaganda. It doesn't add up, you were given a national assignment before the final report a draft has been leaked to the public. Let us judge if this is in line with the rule if engagement?
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by taharqa: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
quiverfull: Dieziani Madueke received the FINAL copy of the report of the committee last month, and for over 3 weeks she did nothing about it. Somebody on the committee sensed the FG was dragging their feet just to cover up the report, and quickly released it to the international media just to force the FG to acknowledge receipt of the report. This is what made the SNG to accuse the FG of a cover-up.
Now Dieziani comes out to tell us it is just a DRAFT copy that still needs the "input" of the FG (the same people indicted by the report). Importantly, the report has raised some very salient questions that need urgent answers:
1. Within the last 20 months, who DASHED out 3 oil blocks, Jonathan or Dieziani?
2. How come Bola Shagaya (a very close associate of Patience Jonathan) was one of the recepients of the oil blocks?
3. None of the oil blocks were bidded for, what criteria did the FG use to arrive at this decision?
4. Who received, and in whose custody is the $180 million Dollars given to the FG by Oil companies as signature bonuses?

Some of us have lost all respect for this government that is very loud on rhetorics and too low on accountability and transparency.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Discretionary licensing(what u just called 'dashing' of licenses) is LEGAL as also assertd by d linkd parts of Report and even d Reuters article. The problem was that the signature bonuses of d 3 licenses given by dis admin(out of d 11 in question most of which were given by previous admin) was said to be 'missing'. This is d 'massive' fraud some persons have been shouting about. But I find it difficult to imagine dat d Pet Min wud hv stolen outright the bonuses of licenses(which were Open though Discretionary by the way) and still go ahead to set up a committee( made up of ppl like Ribadu, Soare, Agbakoba etc) to reconcile the payments system bw govt and oil companies, does that make much sense to you? The 'missing' bonuses could hv been stolen BUT it could also may not have been reconcild. In fact, it is remarkable that this admin has only given out just 3 INLAND licenses since it came on board; so when ppl talk about 'massive' corruptn, I wonda if they hv any idea d magnitude of things(licences and more) that hv been going in d oil sector b4 now!..... My personal response to this is wait and let d report be presentd, and then we can ask clear questions: where are the Signature bonuses? If you cannot reconcile d figures and account for it, it means it has been stolen and then ppl will go in for it. SIMPLE. This would be both for the 3 licenses given by dis admin and the even more given by oda admins from 2002 according to d report. In d meantime, though discretionary licensing is legal, it may be about time we started talking about ditching it; I wonda if d Report would make such recommendation Or if it has been reflected in d proposed PIB bill
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by bubadaniel13: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
taharqa: You have no idea what you are talking about. Discretional licensing(what u just called 'dashing' of licenses) is LEGAL as also assertd by d linkd parts of Report and even d Reuters article. The problem was that the signature bonuses of d 3 licenses given by dis admin is said to be 'missing'. This is d 'massive' fraud so persons have been shouting about. But i find it difficult to imagine dat d Pet Min wud hv stolen outright the bonuses of licenses(which were Open though Discretionary) and still go ahead to set up a committee( made up of ppl like Ribadu, Soare, Agbakoba etc) to reconcile the payments system bw govt and oil companies, does that make much sense to you? The 'missing' bonuses could hv been stolen but it could also may hv not been reconcild. In fact, it is remarkable that this admin has only given out just 3 INLAND licenses since it came on board; so when ppl talk about 'massive' corruptn, I wonda if they hv no idea d magnitude of things(licences and more) hv been going in d oil sector b4 now!..... My personal response to wait and let d report be presentd, and then we can ask clear questions: where are the Signature bonuses? If you cannot reconcile d figures and account for it, it means it has been stolen and then ppl will go in for it. SIMPLE. This would be both for the 3 licenses given by dis admin and the even more given by oda admins from 2002 according to d report. In d meantime, though discretionary licensing is legal, it may be about time we started talking about ditching it; I wonda if d Report would make that recommendation Or if it has been reflected in d proposed PIB bill
i dont see the likes of Ribadu failing...if GEJ is guilty he wouldnt have chosen people like RIbadu to Investigate...i know that he willl be vindicated when the report is officially out.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by taharqa: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
take dat: Its disheartening when the President has to approve of a commission or panel of inquiry reports indicting public officials or corrupt citizens before the ICPC, EFCC, Attorney General and the Police acts. Empowered agencies charged with the responsibility of investigating and prosecuting accused persons ought to have autonomy over such matters without the President's consent. The otherwise is always the case in Nigeria where selective judgement and preferential treatment are applied because of some certain vested interests thereby leading to political interference
I agree mostly with you here. This is one of the reasons why we MUST push for the separation of the Office of d Attorney General and d more political Justice Minister in d ongoing Constitutional reforms
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by prolifikv: 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I work for the Presidency. I am in charge of calling a spade, 'a spade'!
Clearly,u shud stick 2 d spade! Cos even a farmhand can decipher action 4rm noisy inaction.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by ANALIST: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Must we sacrifice due process in the alter of our expectation of anything, even as national concern as the Oil royalties and remittances etc, due to our dear country? Must we rant when there is always legally administrative order of administering the state affairs which we all do, by our constitution belong? Must we study Administrative law before we can understand what white paper is all about? Must we remember the IBB indicted white paper that got loss in the height of revision some time ago?

Why must we as Nigerians divert and direct an unbiased report of Punch Newspaper to what never could have anticipatorily happen.
Some have in their minds inculcated the practices of the past Military administration, where radio and televion broadcast were the opposite of the agenda (called Michavelian theory of governance, fogetting the democratic revolution which Nigerians have embrased till date) than to look upon the promises of this administration and judge it by its action or inactions which shall stand, even before GOD ALMIGHTY as evidence that we gave It(the government) the benefit of our doubts and they failed or faithfully administered our DEMOCRATIC Institutions in the constitutional and morally manner for the benefit of all.

For all that can be glanced from the drama in the social and print media, is that many unemployed non-citizen(for no Nigerian could think so myopic) have been recruited or greedily devoting themselves to picking holes where there is none.

I remember not too long ago that one of the Cabals masqueraded himself to court to ask for the invalidation of the committee which its report is now again the contention of political unemployed.
Then my dear, they argued that the legal maxim DELEGATUS NON POTEST DELEGARE-simply put a delegate can not delegate applied where a minister constitutes a committee of inquiry which has become the most transparent of unearthing fraud in governance. No doubt they failed and will continue to fail.

Let's analyse dear, in administrative law there is what is called certiorari which a High court uses on application iand invocation of it by an agrieved person to reverse or nullify any action of government that is contrary to the constitution and indeed the laws made by the National Assembly.

To position our countrymen, we must as a matter of obligation and duty look into the affairs of government in an objective manner than subjective. Our mind must be first dispossessed of all the undemocratic and unprogressive attitudes we have had in our minds if we must live up to a true Nigerian which we deserve to be called in and out side this country.

For those who do not know, legally a committee cannot submit a report without it been reviewed by the government through the office of the Attorney Attorney general to look into the report, it's legal, economic and politcal implications and make their final submission on it.

What I expect all the unconstructive critics to do is to stop where the government has stopped, vigilantly watch the outcome of every project and policy, question why things are not done the way they expected it and even go to court and enforce their rights as Nigerians where they are infringed, as GANI SAN, DID EVEN IN THE FACE OF THE DICTATORIAL MILITARY GOVERNMENT, than to resort to political misinformation based on unverifiable calculation which can lead to some grudge, hate and destabilisation of the polity.

We have left the era of unquestionable government- where the governed must accept everything as said and done into a people participatory democratic dispensation where we all account to the Citizen all we have said, done or about to do and indeed the world at large( for we are now in a global village)
Let's make haste why there is time, for our co- existence as a great nation is greater than our individual greed and ambitions of anyone here or yet to come.

LFL(aka ANALIST)
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by Ojotayo1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Watch it, Mr president will set up another committee to review the committee report as usual. What a government of committee by committee and for the committee? People Decieving People indeed.......i'm very sure monkey will face hunter one day.
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nora okon: if we must criticize, i think we must be logical. GEJ's administration remains the most transparent the nation has ever had.his commitment on anti-corruption is currently repositioning the oil sector.he also has not relented in his commitment to making the electoral body and the judiciary independent. we must shame those who have sworn to pull this administration and the country down. we must not make ourselves vulnerable to detractors.we must wait for the final report to be presented before we begin to make assessments.

You need to visit Germany too... you must be suffering from GEJ syndrome angry
Re: Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
ANALIST: Must we sacrifice due process in the alter of our expectation of anything, even as national concern as the Oil royalties and remittances etc, due to our dear country? Must we rant when there is always legally administrative order of administering the state affairs which we all do, by our constitution belong? Must we study Administrative law before we can understand what white paper is all about? Must we remember the IBB indicted white paper that got loss in the height of revision some time ago?

Why must we as Nigerians divert and direct an unbiased report of Punch Newspaper to what never could have anticipatorily happen.
Some have in their minds inculcated the practices of the past Military administration, where radio and televion broadcast were the opposite of the agenda (called Michavelian theory of governance, fogetting the democratic revolution which Nigerians have embrased till date) than to look upon the promises of this administration and judge it by its action or inactions which shall stand, even before GOD ALMIGHTY as evidence that we gave It(the government) the benefit of our doubts and they failed or faithfully administered our DEMOCRATIC Institutions in the constitutional and morally manner for the benefit of all.

For all that can be glanced from the drama in the social and print media, is that many unemployed non-citizen(for no Nigerian could think so myopic) have been recruited or greedily devoting themselves to picking holes where there is none.

I remember not too long ago that one of the Cabals masqueraded himself to court to ask for the invalidation of the committee which its report is now again the contention of political unemployed.
Then my dear, they argued that the legal maxim DELEGATUS NON POTEST DELEGARE-simply put a delegate can not delegate applied where a minister constitutes a committee of inquiry which has become the most transparent of unearthing fraud in governance. No doubt they failed and will continue to fail.

Let's analyse dear, in administrative law there is what is called certiorari which a High court uses on application iand invocation of it by an agrieved person to reverse or nullify any action of government that is contrary to the constitution and indeed the laws made by the National Assembly.

To position our countrymen, we must as a matter of obligation and duty look into the affairs of government in an objective manner than subjective. Our mind must be first dispossessed of all the undemocratic and unprogressive attitudes we have had in our minds if we must live up to a true Nigerian which we deserve to be called in and out side this country.

For those who do not know, legally a committee cannot submit a report without it been reviewed by the government through the office of the Attorney Attorney general to look into the report, it's legal, economic and politcal implications and make their final submission on it.

What I expect all the unconstructive critics to do is to stop where the government has stopped, vigilantly watch the outcome of every project and policy, question why things are not done the way they expected it and even go to court and enforce their rights as Nigerians where they are infringed, as GANI SAN, DID EVEN IN THE FACE OF THE DICTATORIAL MILITARY GOVERNMENT, than to resort to political misinformation based on unverifiable calculation which can lead to some grudge, hate and destabilisation of the polity.

We have left the era of unquestionable government- where the governed must accept everything as said and done into a people participatory democratic dispensation where we all account to the Citizen all we have said, done or about to do and indeed the world at large( for we are now in a global village)
Let's make haste why there is time, for our co- existence as a great nation is greater than our individual greed and ambitions of anyone here or yet to come.

LFL(aka ANALIST)
If you were sane, you would not have written this much! Truth they say is like air, you can cover it.. but not long enough it would escape! Your visit to Germany is long over due... after all Patience Jonathan went there for a 'rest' and had a 'second' coming why not you undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Vows To Recover Stolen Subsidy Funds / PDP Didnt Sponsor Lamido/amaechi Campaign Vehicles – / BREAKING NEWS Presidential: Buhari Thrashes Jonathan Inside Aso Rock - PunchNews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.