Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? (16639 Views)

Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
The problem with people like you is that you always look at things from a myopic view. So, you want to tell me that there was no Igbo person that fought for Abiola's june 12 mandate?

Don't be a donkey

I deliberately left out NADECO individuals because that was one mandate and focused on individuals who have fought against dictatorship not once but several times. If I include June 12 saga, the list would be too one-sided since NADECO was overwhelmingly Yoruba.

Try to raise your game but then again, what can one expect from a fellow who chickened out of a debate.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by PointB: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

It was not for or against but a position based on setting priorities.

Yoruba not standing for anything;

Lets look at some Nigerians who have been at the forefront of the struggle against dictatorship and corrupt leadership and have been imprisoned time and time again.

1. Fela
2. Beko Ransome-kuti
3. Gani Fawehinmi
4. Femi Falani
5. Wole Soyinka
[s]6. baba omojola
7. Segun Maiyegun
8. Sowore
9. Michael Ajasin
10. Abraham Adesanya[/s]

During the civil war
1. Soyinka went to prison for 26 months
2. Col Ariyo resigned his position rather than fight Biafra
3. Gowon unleashed Col Ochefu on Ijebu farmers who demonstrated against the war
4. Ademoyega, Banjo, Adeleke etc. all fought for Biafra
5. Elechi Amadi, Ike Nwachukwu, Ekpo all fought against Biafra
6. Zik of Africa abandoned Biafra when it was obvious it was going to lose the war.

Now tell us the Igbo men who have put themselves in harm's way for others. Fighting for Biafra doesn't count cos they were fight for freedom and survival.

Please don't disappoint.

Some of you take this Yoruba are back stabbers or betrayers thingy too far. It is time you start engaging your brains and thinking for yourselves.

Most of those Yorubas who made the list stood for their pockets.

And why shouldn't the civil war count - when a whole nation of Igbos and other stood up for they believe in?
Those heroes cannot be counted in scores or dozens, they are counted in hundreds of thousands, in millions! Unlike you, I cannot discount them!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Don't be a donkey

I deliberately left out NADECO individuals because that was one mandate and focused on individuals who have fought against dictatorship not once but several times. If I include June 12 saga, the list would be too one-sided since NADECO was overwhelmingly Yoruba.

Try to raise your game but then again, what can one expect from a fellow who chickened out of a debate.
I won't come down to your infantile level of name-calling...i'll just overlook that...

Now give me an example of an event that you think Igbos should have come out to give their support...

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
PointB:

Most of those Yoruba's who made the list stood for their pockets.

And why shouldn't the civil war count - when a whole nation of Igbos and other stood up for they believe in?
Those heroes cannot be counted in scores or dozens, they are counted in hundreds of thousands, in millions! Unlike you, I cannot discount them!

Just like I thought.

Name the Igbos who have fought for others, civil liberties, freedom, etc

Please explain how those individuals stood for their pockets. May I remind you that this is not a market square.

Articulate your arguments and be specific rather than being obtuse and general.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I won't come down to your infantile level of name-calling...i'll just overlook that...

Now give me an example of an event that you think Igbos should have come out to give their support...

You are kidding right?

Wow, now there are injustices worth fighting for in Nigeria. Wonderful
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are kidding right?

Wow, now there are injustices worth fighting for in Nigeria. Wonderful
I can't remember any event that has shaken Nigeria like the Biafran civil war and june 12. Tell me one...
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by 9jaIhail(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

Heheheee

So Biafra and the Holocaust are the same thing abi?
!

The Jews decided to seceed from Germany and Hitler got pissed and decided to gas them abi?!

Bia, je kpo utaba.. Onye isi ngbaka.

If you are not efuluefu such as you had been displaying in all issue relating how to make Nigeria address the killing of the innocent Igbo children and women which they killed on a calculated attempt to wipe igbo out, you shouldn't have asked why i compare holocaust with Biafran tragedy.Hello mate what Hitler killed then was humans and they are equal as the women and children of Biafra. No wonder Gowon your hero look at you all Nigerians and said American citizens are more valuable than Nigerian citizens. When citizens failed to know their right their leaders sees them as goats.You are typical example of goat here mate.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
I can't remember any event that has shaken Nigeria like the Biafran civil war and june 12. Tell me one...

Stop exposing yourself.

So it has to be an event before you can stand up and be counted.

I guess Fela, Soyinka, Beko, etc were only heard during events.

The same situations, events which forced the individuals I listed to stand up are the same situations events I am referring to. Or did Fela become popular during June 12?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by PointB: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Just like I thought.

Name the Igbos who have fought for others, civil liberties, freedom, etc

Please explain how those individuals stood for their pockets. May I remind you that this is not a market square.

Articulate your arguments and be specific rather than being obtuse and general.

I have made my argument as clear as I could. Your lack of comprehension of it shouldn't be blamed on me. I have made it very clear that millions of Igbo who stood and fought for what the believed in are the real heroes, not some of the overfed and over pampered baboons on your list, who fought for their pocket. Unless of course you want me to write the names of over 2 million heroes who gave their lives for Biafra.

In any case, I wont help you derail this thread!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Stop exposing yourself.

So it has to be an event before you can stand up and be counted.

I guess Fela, Soyinka, Beko, etc were only heard during events.

The same situations, events which forced the individuals I listed to stand up are the same situations events I am referring to. Or did Fela become popular during June 12?
So, no Olisa Agbakoba, Chima Ubani or any other Igbo man have ever spoken against any wrongdoing in the history of Nigeria? Is that what you're saying? You must be a liar from the pit of hell to even think that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

The bolded at the last line shows how silly and foolish you are, how do we Igbo's remain? Is there any ethnic in Nigeria far ahead of Igbos in development or any aspect, i really don't get it when a deceiver such as yourself continue talking about dwelling in the war, a stranger reading your comments may think Igbo ethnic is the least in Nigeria in terms of development. Stop embarrassing yourself mate.In abide to make your yoruba allies to notice your fairness to them you still shooting your self on your right leg but you don't know. Despite lack of Federal Govt presence in Igbo land still we remain unshakable. What you mean by dwelling in the pass war remain unclear to me.

[b]I have chosen to ignore all the other texts preceeding the bolded..

And that brings us back to the subject of this thread.. Igbo & Yoruba Unity..

If Ndi Igbo, despite the 'supposed lack of Federal Government Presence' are were we are today, imagine where we could possibly be if things were better.. And dont say its a 'conspiracy to hold Ndi Igbos back by the government'..

All I am saying is that wherever we currently are today, we can be better. We need to forge ahead. If you feel that we are okay where we are, then whats the point of this thread?!

Aguiyi Ironsi died in 1966.. And since 1966 till today, 46 years has passed and Ndi Igbo have only managed a Deputy President that lasted all of 4 years. 46 years and we are yet to rule this country. Same mistakes from the past being repeated. How do we intend to rule if we dont have alliances with other tribes and regions?! Now what is the reason for us not having any alliances with other tribes?! Are we as a people happy with our current status in the Nigerian polity?! How do we make any progress (especially as secession is off the table)?!

Nwokem, we are nowhere yet... Thats my honest feeling.. I have been to Anambra State, Enugu, Imo, Abia all except Ebonyi and I am not close to being impressed. Being business savvy isnt what I am talking about. Im talking about.. [/b]

now go chew on that, answer it and return and then we can chat.. [/b]
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

If you are not efuluefu such as you had been displaying in all issue relating how to make Nigeria address the killing of the innocent Igbo children and women which they killed on a calculated attempt to wipe igbo out, you shouldn't have asked why i compare holocaust with Biafran tragedy.Hello mate what Hitler killed then was humans and they are equal as the women and children of Biafra. No wonder Gowon your hero look at you all Nigerians and said American citizens are more valuable than Nigerian citizens. When citizens failed to know their right their leaders sees them as goats.You are typical example of goat here mate.

If I tell you I understood what you were trying to say in this post, I swear I'm lying..

Keep pushing my buttons.. I am seriously restraining myself from truning this thread on its head..
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
Who betrayed whom? Lets look at a chronology of events to ascertain whether Awo or Yoruba betrayed Ndigbo.

It is important contextualize Awo’s actions before and during the Civil war. To do so accurately, one must scrutinize the actions of all parties pre-Independence, post-Independence, and pre-Civil war.

In 1957, the Governor-General, Sir James Robertson, gave the three regions the choice of self-autonomy and independence but it had to be a majority decision. Awo voted for independence for the Western Region, Ahmadu Bello said the North wasn't ready for self-governance and would prefer to remain under British rule. Zik voted to put off Independence for the Eastern region, preferring to wait for the North to be ready. Zik had the choice of a country for the Eastern region but he wanted Nigeria at all cost. Similarly, at the same constitutional conference in London, Awo wanted a secession clause inserted into the constitution but Zik and Bello refused. Guess who would later want secession.

Now fast forward to the general election in 1959. The North won the most seats in the house. Awo offered to join a coalition with Zik, with Zik as Prime Minister (the PM had the real power) but Zik preferred to form a coalition with the North and accepted a redundant position as Governor-General with no real powers.

When Zik aligned with the North in 1959, guess who got most of the ministerial and administrative positions allocated to the South? Yes, you guessed it, the Igbos. The Yorubas and other Groups were left on the sidelines until Akintola broke away from the AG with the help of who? Zik and Okpara who thought that Akintola would defect to their party but played a fast one by preferring to form his own party and aligning with the North. Now when the situation of the Igbo changed with Akintola joining Balewa's government with positions held by Igbo now going to Akintola's supporters, what do you think happened next? Coup by Igbo officers.

In 1962, there were problems in the Western Region between Awo and Akintola who both belonged to the Action Group. Akintola was sacked but due to actions of NCNC (Zik's Party) members, the removal of Akintola wasn't effected. Balewa and Zik imposed a state of emergency on the West because of chair throwing in the Western House yet there were no states of emergency in the North and East for far more violent actions on the streets there (the TIV crisis and the Okrika riots). Awo was subsequently jailed on trumped up charges.

Now after the imprisonment of Awo, Zik thought that his party NCNC would take control of the Western region but Akintola decided to form his own party (NNDP) rather than join the NCNC. In the elections of December 1964, NNDP took control of the Western region. The NCNC cried that elections were rigged. According to Fazil Ope-Agbe (Akintola's right hand man), the ensuing mayhem in the West was sponsored by Okpara and Zik. With the AG in retreat, NCNC calculated that if Akintola's party fell apart, the NCNC would be in a position to pick the pieces. This is not far-fetched considering Zik's antecedents in the West.

With Akintola holding firm, NCNC didn't gain the advantage it sought. One year later, a group of officers who were predominantly Igbo, executed a coup that eliminated leading politicians and officers from the North and West. Despite the murder of these Northern and Western leaders, the Northerners, who were senior partners in the coalition with the East, picked another leader, Dipcharima, to replace Balewa. The East, even though it was the junior partner, had selected Madiwe. When the North refused to budge to this proposal, Nwafor Orizu, chose to handover to Aguiyi-Ironsi another Igbo man and in the process, Nigeria’s nascent democracy was truncated.

Awo was imprisoned on trumped up charges by the Balewa/Zik government and thrown in prison. Awo wrote to Ironsi in March 1966 requesting to be released from prison but was obviously ignored. Awo would later be released from prison by Gowon and driven home in Murtala Mohamed’s car. Despite his time in prison and his political difficulties with Zik/okpara, Awo would assume the role of a statesman and try to find a solution to the impasse between the North and the East. That speech by Awo to the Western regional house was a very noble one. Awo would also travel to Enugu to advise Ojukwu against armed conflict.
So putting all these into consideration, would any sane person expect Awo to simply just follow the East in a secession bid? Awo's loyalty was to his people. He did what he felt was best for his people concerning the circumstances. Despite all that, Awo advised Ojukwu not to go to war. When Awo offered to organise a meeting with Northern officers, Ojukwu replied, 'On the specific question of whether there is a possibility of contract with the North, the answer is at the battle field.'

Other than trying to play the role of an elder statesman and finding a solution to the problem, Awo owed no loyalty to the East. To betray the East, he would have had to have come to an agreement with the leaders in the East. How did Awo betray Ndigbo? Did he have an agreement with Ndigbo? Why should Awo be looking out for Ndigbo? Did Ndigbo have Awo's back?

I ask again, who betrayed whom? Ndigbo chose its own destiny; fair enough. But to blame the failure of the decisions taken by Ndigbo on Awo and Yoruba is downright cowardly and dishonest. Only a coward blames another for his own failures; real men take responsibility.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:

And what was the Biafran war all about again?!

- The Pogrom?!

- Marginalization?!

- Fighting genocide?!

- Or independence?!

Was it in the interest of Nigerians in general or in the interest of just Ndi Igbos?!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by PointB: 3:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

[b]I have chosen to ignore all the other texts preceeding the bolded..

And that brings us back to the subject of this thread.. Igbo & Yoruba Unity..

If Ndi Igbo, despite the 'supposed lack of Federal Government Presence' are were we are today, imagine where we could possibly be if things were better.. And dont say its a 'conspiracy to hold Ndi Igbos back by the government'..

All I am saying is that wherever we currently are today, we can be better. We need to forge ahead. If you feel that we are okay where we are, then whats the point of this thread?!

Aguiyi Ironsi died in 1966.. And since 1966 till today, 46 years has passed and Ndi Igbo have only managed a Deputy President that lasted all of 4 years. 46 years and we are yet to rule this country. Same mistakes from the past being repeated. How do we intend to rule if we dont have alliances with other tribes and regions?! Now what is the reason for us not having any alliances with other tribes?! Are we as a people happy with our current status in the Nigerian polity?! How do we make any progress (especially as secession is off the table)?!

Nwokem, we are nowhere yet... Thats my honest feeling.. I have been to Anambra State, Enugu, Imo, Abia all except Ebonyi and I am not close to being impressed. Being business savvy isnt what I am talking about. Im talking about.. [/b]

now go chew on that, answer it and return and then we can chat.. [/b]

Oga no one is saying that Igbos are not forging ahead or should not forge ahead. What we are saying it that, the past should not and cannot be swept under the carpet. The fact that Igbos have done well to recover and thrive after the war does not justify the argument to simply forget the past - the mass murder of over 2 million soul. The guilty part must always be reminded of their crimes, until the ask for forgiveness and reconciliation.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by kunlekunle: 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
PointB:

lol. We are still saying the same thing. After the talk between Rochas and Tinubu, I bet you Tinubu will be the first to renege.

Where you not here the other day, when Fashola argued against amending the constitution in favour regionalism. A position actively canvassed by other Southern groups

commoners from both regions are stupid.
tinubu and rochas can disagree on issues and still find a common ground. What binds them is money.
Stop your headache
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by PointB: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
kunlekunle:

commoners from both regions are stupid.
tinubu and rochas can disagree on issues and still find a common ground. What binds them is money.
Stop your headache

I repeat. Tinubu will betray Rochas at the slightest opportunity. If you doubt this ask Ribadu!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
So, no Olisa Agbakoba, Chima Ubani or any other Igbo man have ever spoken against any wrongdoing in the history of Nigeria? Is that what you're saying? You must be a liar from the pit of hell to even think that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You are a bloody fool.

Did you miss the post where PointB asserted that no Yoruba stood for anything?

I provided a list to counter that ignorant assertion. That list proves that there have been more Yoruba than any other group, who have been at the forefront of fighting injustice. So to prove that Yoruba stand for nothing, you or PointB have to provide a list WHICH DWARFS the list I provided. Is it so hard to ask for logic?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by PointB: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are a bloody fool.

I provided a list to counter that ignorant assertion. That list proves that there have been more Yoruba than any other group, who have been at the forefront of fighting injustice. So to prove that Yoruba stand for nothing, your or PointB have to provide a list WHICH DWARFS the list I provided. Is it so hard to ask for logic?

Ok fair enough. The average Yoruba man will stand for his pocket and clannish interest!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by 9jaIhail(m): 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

If I tell you I understood what you were trying to say in this post, I swear I'm lying..

Keep pushing my buttons.. I am seriously restraining myself from truning this thread on its head..

My friend go get some food and eat before you die.It is clear that you lack words to defend your senseless deluded points which you raised at the start of this thread. Just come clean bro we know you are part of the group of igbos who are one Nigerian to the core who maintained that we should totally forget our pass.But i tell you something a man who easily forget where the rain start beating him will never ever know where the rain stopped. As long as igbo's who believe that Nigeria should set up a true reconciliation if truly they believe that pass should be pass constituted 90% igbo's you minorities cannot dictate for us.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2012
PointB:

Ok fair enough. The average Yoruba man will stand for his pocket and clannish interest!

You made an assertion, you were corrected but rather than do the honorable thing, you are dancing around like a confused man.

I will not let you escape, to support your assertion that Yoruba stand for nothing, produce a list of Igbo men who have put themselves in harms way for others that dwarfs the list I provided.

You lot go around running your mouth or fingers making baseless and stoopid assertions but when asked to back it up, you run or keep making more silly comments.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by 9jaIhail(m): 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
PointB:

Oga no one is saying that Igbos are not forging ahead or should not forge ahead. What we are saying it that, the past should not and cannot be swept under the carpet. The fact that Igbos have done well to recover and thrive after the war does not justify the argument to simply forget the past - the mass murder of over 2 million soul. The guilty part must always be reminded of their crimes, until the ask for forgiveness and reconciliation.

@POINTB Are you sure he will understand the point? I think it's a high time we start making our point clear to okija juju in igbo language hence the juju things usually work well when you consult them in igbo language lol.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are a bloody fool.

I provided a list to counter that ignorant assertion. That list proves that there have been more Yoruba than any other group, who have been at the forefront of fighting injustice. So to prove that Yoruba stand for nothing, you or PointB have to provide a list WHICH DWARFS the list I provided. Is it so hard to ask for logic?
What exaclty are whining and ranting about. Pls check the topic of this thread and see if it has any bearing on your assertion. This thread is aimed at healing the wounds of the part but as usual you've resulted to throwing tribal and chauvinistic chairs and tables. It's obvious this thread is not for your kind. Do yourself a favor and leave this thread for sane individuals to air the views. Thanks.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
What exaclty are whining and ranting about. Pls check the topic of this thread and see if it has any bearing on your assertion. This thread is aimed at healing the wounds of the part but as usual you've resulted to throwing tribal and chauvinistic chairs and tables. It's obvious this thread is not for your kind. Do yourself a favor and leave this thread for sane individuals to air the views. Thanks.

If you opened the thread to heal wounds then you shouldn't support your brothers making disparaging and incendiary remarks. I didn't start it; I only served to correct silly assertions.

If you want to be fair, then deal with the root.

The old days of others just sitting back and accepting guilt are over.

Since some of your brothers want to keep being emotional, we will continue to serve them facts and truth.

I have lost patience with this whining.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
Okija_juju:

And what was the Biafran war all about again?!

- The Pogrom?!

- Marginalization?!

- Fighting genocide?!

- Or independence?!

Was it in the interest of Nigerians in general or in the interest of just Ndi Igbos?!
The Biafran war came as a result of the east's quest for self determination.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

If you opened the thread to heal wounds then you shouldn't support your brothers making disparaging and incendiary remarks. I didn't start it; I only served to correct silly assertions.

If you want to be fair, then deal with the root.
Is that why you were insulting me? Can't you make a comment without throwing insults around?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
PointB:

[b]And this is were I get confused atimes..

To me o!! The events of the 60's was a clusterfuck of bad political manuvers for selfish gains by both the Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas that culmulated in the war.. I wont go into the history before 1966. However for me, shit went all wrong on January 14th 1966. Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwus coup, which eradicated the uppermost echelon of politicians from the Northern and Western provinces was the coin that tipped the scale.. That coup brought Aguiyi Ironsi into office. That coup was percieved by the North & West and basicaly all tribes of Nigeria except the Easterners as an 'Igbo Coup'. That was the main reason the North and West banded together and over threw Ironsi 194 days into his reign.. The Muslims North gets excited, run riot and start killing and maiming Ndi Igbos living in the North as a reprisal attack from the Nzeogwu coup. Col. Ojukwu sees it as an opportunity to strike.. Jumps on the reneging of the Federal Government on the agreements reached at Aburi and seceeded.

Now... Lives were lost in that war, no contest. However, as far as i am concerned o!! Immediately we seceeeded, all bets were off. [/b]
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Katsumoto: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Is that why you were insulting me? Can't you make a comment without throwing insults around?

I do try to debate without throwing insults but I am fast losing patience.

But I apologize to you Afam4eva for the insults on my part. You try to be reasonable at times.

I am sorry.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by 740megawatts: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
According to the Igbos, we lost 3 million souls to the ill-fated war and the Nigerian side lost ZERO soul. Isn't that hilarious? It's very sickening to read that only the Igbo side lost souls to that war, when infact the Nigerian side lost over 200,000 souls also. To the Igbos, the 200,000 casualties on the Nigerian side are mere chickens while their own losses are the only human beings lost to the war. Isn't that a case of selective amnesia?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Don't be a donkey

grin grin grin That is what they are good at......they always disappear but give convenient excuse.

Notice how the other fellow running his mouth here has been glaringly and loudly silent on the debate thread?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by CyberG: 3:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Why is anyone paying attention to the bastardic iboz imbecil.e afamloser4eva?? You are too stupi.d to have gotten the memo, THERE IS NO ALLIANCE BETWEEN IBO & ANY PART of Nigeria and will NEVER be, at least for the forward looking, confident and astute peoples of the country. K, please don't have anything to do with this stupi.d bigot. If I get my fingers on you stupors like afam, pointb, onlylies, dende, pazinenza, okijo_mumu, ngodiga, etc I will blow you and your ilk away with 10 TON bombs each ties to your empty heads!
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Oct 30, 2012
740megawatts: According to the Igbos, we lost 3 million souls to the ill-fated war and the Nigerian side lost ZERO soul. Isn't that hilarious? It's very sickening to read that only the Igbo side lost souls to that war, when infact the Nigerian side lost over 200,000 souls also. To the Igbos, the 200,000 casualties on the Nigerian side are mere chickens while their own losses are the only human beings lost to the war. Isn't that a case of selective amnesia?
Majority of those that lost their lives on the Nigerian side were soldiers while on the Biafran side, they were women and children. I don't even think Nigeria lost up to 5000 people in that war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi / Buhari Doesn't Have To Debate, His Achievements For 3.5 Years Will Talk - APC / Nigerians Need Solutions Not The Cause Of Problems – saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.