Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body (9850 Views)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / Salvation (spirit, Soul, And Body) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by plaetton: 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
Reyginus: I will answer every question asked. All I want is to have a surety that I'm not wasting my precious time on somebody using arrogance as a weapon of learning .
What is wrong in asking you to describe your version of the nature of man?
Are you afraid of anything?

Suppose I dont know. Is that a crime?.

He knows not, who knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him..........

If something is true or factual, why should there be this version or that version?
Remember, I'm not the only one reading this thread, so please continue.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
plaetton:

Suppose I dont know. Is that a crime?.

He knows not, who knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him..........

If something is true or factual, why should there be this version or that version?
Remember, I'm not the only one reading this thread, so please continue.
lolol. Do we now base a truth on an assumption?
Their is also a reason for not knowing.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 7:00pm On Nov 02, 2012
Reyginus: Aha. This is what I'm talking about.
Now to business.
1. By this you are creating many loopholes for yourself and the entire christendom by perceiving the verse literally.
Let's play the game. The same book also say 'life is useless'. 2vs17. Following your logic. If life and all therein is useless, the book as well is useless. If the book is useless, quoting from it is a stupid thing to do. If qouting from it is stupid, those who use it as a guide are chasing the wind. A book that is self-refuting belong to the trashcan. In that sense, mr, stop ascribing the ecclesiastes a literal explanation.
2. Man was made in the image and likeness of God. The bible never gave any account of God breathing his spirit into animals. If you insist we still have the same fate, you would have to agree that goats and dogs were made in the image of God.
3. Now you are contradicting yourself. You say we are ONE and also we are a COMBINATION. Are you hearing yourself?
4. Lol. If after death is nothing, what then is the purpose of christainity?
5. 1 thessalonians 5 vs 23:
'May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being-SPIRIT, SOUL, and BODY-free from every fault at the coming of our lord jesus Christ'.

the difference between man and beast is the brain that man have.

You must poor water on the bible to pass your pegan ideas.

"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." (Psalm 146:4).

That is what God put into the man in GENESIS.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).

The truth is very consistent from GENESIS to revelation.

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." (Ecclesiastes 9:10).
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
truthislight:

the difference between man and beast is the brain that man have.

You must poor water on the bible to pass your pegan ideas.

"His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish." (Psalm 146:4).

That is what God put into the man in GENESIS.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7).

The truth is very consistent from GENESIS to revelation.

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." (Ecclesiastes 9:10).
Pagan!?
This is ridiculous. We still have a long way before we commence.
So animals dont have brains? Chai. Wayo allah na.
For the benefit of doubt, what is in the CNS of man lacking in that of beasts?
Brother you err.
The breath of the living soul into man is not an evidence for the nature of man, it tells little of our component. The aim is to tell what made man tick.
And why the name calling bro?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2012
[quote author=Reyginus]

1. By this you are creating many loopholes for yourself and the entire christendom by perceiving the verse literally.
Let's play the game. The same book also say 'life is useless'. 2vs17. Following your logic. If life and all therein is useless, the book as well is useless. If the book is useless, quoting from it is a stupid thing to do. If qouting from it is stupid, those who use it as a guide are chasing the wind. A book that is self-refuting belong to the trashcan. In that sense, mr, stop ascribing the ecclesiastes a literal explanation.

Well let's start filling in the loop holes.

The statement that 'Life is meaningless' is quite simply a statement of truth but does not negate the importance and value of life.

Life when lived for it's true purpose is infinitely meaningful and though death may occur, this experience of death is actually akin to entering through door into a better and everlasting experience.

But life is meaningless when lived under stress , duress and anxiety because of the mundane things that we need such as clothes, food etc.

God has promised those who have a desire to know and follow him , to satisfy all these desires if they focus on what is real and everlasting which is the kingdom of GOD.

Job said MAN who is born of a woman is full of trouble but has only a few days to live on this earth.

So 'meaningless' in this context is the shortness of life and the urgency and importance required of us to seek for the salvation of our souls, to seek the kingdom of GOD , to seek for the salvation of the souls of other men and women and to seek to please GOD , NOW !! Not tomorrow, for no one is promised tomorrow.

2. Man was made in the image and likeness of God. The bible never gave any account of God breathing his spirit into animals. If you insist we still have the same fate, you would have to agree that goats and dogs were made in the image of God.

Jesus is in the image of GOD and yet he is not made up of 3 parts, otherwise this will only make your Trinity doctrine sound even more hilarious, for if JESUS is made up of 3 ( body and soul and spirit ) that means that GOD is 6 and not 3, grin

Anyway , on a more serious note, we are made in the image of GOD as in :

1. Our intelligence and ability to make moral choices
2. Our creativity
3. Our ability to reason and made decisions
4. Governance and ruler-ship over creation ( God's creation on earth )
5. Ability to reflect the perfection of GOD , something which JESUS eventually accomplished.
6. Potential to live forever.

3. Now you are contradicting yourself. You say we are ONE and also we are a COMBINATION. Are you hearing yourself?

cheap trick.

We are only ONE individual and with GOD's gift of live we exist , without it we die.

4. Lol. If after death is nothing, what then is the purpose of christainity?

After death is the resurrection to life for the saints and perpetual immortality, and then to the wicked a resurrection to judgement , punishment and final death.

5. 1 thessalonians 5 vs 23:
'May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being-SPIRIT, SOUL, and BODY-free from every fault at the coming of our lord jesus Christ'.

Read THIS

It explains and destroys your interpretation of this beautiful scripture.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
Reyginus: Pagan!?
This is ridiculous. We still have a long way before we commence.
So animals dont have brains? Chai. Wayo allah na.
For the benefit of doubt, what is in the CNS of man lacking in that of beasts?
Brother you err.
The breath of the living soul into man is not an evidence for the nature of man, it tells little of our component. The aim is to tell what made man tick.
And why the name calling bro?

your brain/mind and that of and animal is the same(no insult meant)

i wander why king nebuchadnezzar ran into the bush when he was given the mind of a beast though still in human form if the human mind is not the differnce
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
I never knew that Reyginus is actually Mr. Anony's true TWIN brother , lol. grin
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
@frosbel. After reading the article I came to the realization that you have a long way to go. Somehow I think you need help. If a doctor does not understand the content of the drug he prescribed for his patient, then he is near to extinction. Did you read it at all? It refutes your stand. That aside.
Why should God be 3 or even 6?
Why are you insulting your privilege to reason?
Is the nature of God and man similar? He is a spirit. So long the Son had to become flesh to accomplish the mission, then he must have possessed the nature of man, otherwise, he never was made flesh.
I never asked you the image we are made of, so why give me a lecture on a course I had an A?
Cheap trick, but a gigantic contradiction on your part. My point is simple, can their be a multiple different components of similar components?
When we die, what part of our being face judgement?
I also sensed you want to deviate, but it's unfortunate, because you are already in a cobweb.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
truthislight:

your brain/mind and that of and animal is the same(no insult meant)

i wander why king nebuchadnezzar ran into the bush when he was given the mind of a beast though still in human form if the human mind is not the differnce
Are you alright?
The last time we checked, you told us the only difference between us and animals is our brain.
I am laughing....
How can the very thing which makes us disimilar be what makes us similar?
Contradiction upon contradiction. Keep refuting yourself.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
[quote author=Reyginus]@frosbel. After reading the article I came to the realization that you have a long way to go. Somehow I think you need help. If a doctor does not understand the content of the drug he prescribed for his patient, then he is near to extinction. Did you read it at all? It refutes your stand. That aside.

Is it really !! , lol.

Why should God be 3 or even 6?
Why are you insulting your privilege to reason?
Is the nature of God and man similar? He is a spirit. So long the Son had to become flesh to accomplish the mission, then he must have possessed the nature of man, otherwise, he never was made flesh.

You obviously have no respect for the word of GOD , when you base your logic on emotionalism tied to erroneous tradition, it will be quite difficult for you to acknowledge the truth.

Jesus came to reveal the Father, the word of GOD keeps confirming fact after fact about his nature, but somehow you cannot grasp the simplicity of these truths.

I never asked you the image we are made of, so why give me a lecture on a course I had an A?

You had an A , LOL. grin grin and cannot even understand the basic meaning of this word ?

Cheap trick, but a gigantic contradiction on your part. My point is simple, can their be a multiple different components of similar components?
When we die, what part of our being face judgement?

You know exactly what we mean when we say a being or person is ONE .
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
@frosbel. If you think I'm a demagogue, good for you.
^^^
What was that nature the word of God kept revealing about christ? I want to know.
Again, do we share the same nature with God?
Ofcourse I know what we mean. What I don't understand is how a thing made of a single unit will also have a multiple unit?
You're yet to address any of the questions posed you with consistency.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 12:14am On Nov 04, 2012
Reyginus: Are you alright?
The last time we checked, you told us the only difference between us and animals is our brain.
I am laughing....
How can the very thing which makes us disimilar be what makes us similar?
Contradiction upon contradiction. Keep refuting yourself.

where then is the human mind?

Low frequency.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 04, 2012
truthislight:

where then is the human mind?

Low frequency.
lol. It's been treated.
Let's sow on a new ground.
Tell us how our brain, which as you wrote, is what makes us different from animals, be the 'same' with that of the animals?
How can a disunifying factor be the binding factor?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by fatjazz: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
@pastormustwac......Please we are waiting to get answers to your afore-mentioned questions.Am sure you have lots to share .
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
isn't it cute, the way the two posts i wrote last were largely ignored? Devil's so smart.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2012
Reyginus: lol. It's been treated.
Let's sow on a new ground.
Tell us how our brain, which as you wrote, is what makes us different from animals, be the 'same' with that of the animals?
How can a disunifying factor be the binding factor?

the same spirit, life force, breath keep we and them alive.

But our mind/brain capacity is far superior to that of other creatures.

With ability to display high qualities like:

1. Justice
2. Love
3. Free will
4. Forsight
Etc, Etc, etc.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
truthislight:

1. Justice
2. Love
3. Free will
4. Forsight
Etc, Etc, etc.

More contradictions.
The same spirits? Do beasts have spirits?
The same life force/soul? Do beasts have the image and likeness of God?
First, it was beasts have no brain, then they have a brain. Later we have different brain, then what unites us is that 'same' brain. But this time around, it has gone beyond a circle. Now what differenciates us is our superior brain.
Are you incapable of following a single chain of thought?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Reyginus: More contradictions.
First, it was beasts have no brain, then they have a brain. Later we have different brain, then what unites us is that 'same' brain. But this time around, it has gone beyond a circle. Now what differenciates us is our superior brain.

You will have to rewrite Genesis 2:7 to make the bible agree with your false doctrine of an immortal soul, something totally foreign to scripture.

Let's see if the bible is your standard for truth !
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
frosbel:

You will have to rewrite Genesis 2:7 to make the bible agreed with your false doctrine of an immortal soul, something totally foreign to scripture.

Let's see if the bible is your standard for truth !
Please, can you do us the favour of quoting the verse?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Joagbaje(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2012
Man is a spirit ,he has a soul ,and he lives on this plane in a body. The real man does not die. When a man dies on this plane , he only checks on of the temporary abode called body. The spirit of man is immortal . Man is immortal.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2012
Period.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
Joagbaje: Man is a spirit ,he has a soul ,and he lives on this plane in a body. The real man does not die. When a man dies on this plane , he only checks on of the temporary abode called body. The spirit of man is immortal . Man is immortal.

Wrong.

Man is a living SOUL not a spirit. Which version of bible do you read, wazobia ? grin

"Who makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:" - Psalm 104:4
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel:

Wrong.

Man is a living SOUL not a spirit. Which version of bible do you read, wazobia ? grin

"Who makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:" - Psalm 104:4
Ofcourse man is a living soul. But does that tell us that the living soul is all there is in man? If yes, how? If no, how not?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
Reyginus: More contradictions.

i never knew you have this much "capacity" for lies.

I dont know what you are accusing me of here.

Who made all those contradictions? Me or you?

Well, for sure, not me.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2012
Joagbaje: Man is a spirit ,he has a soul ,and he lives on this plane in a body. The real man does not die. When a man dies on this plane , he only checks on of the temporary abode called body. The spirit of man is immortal . Man is immortal.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
truthislight:

i never knew you have this much "capacity" for lies.

I dont know what you are accusing me of here.

Who made all those contradictions? Me or you?

Well, for sure, not me.
Lololol. Take a look at Post 79 and 61.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2012
Reyginus: Lololol. Take a look at Post 79 and 61.

i dont know what you are saying.

It is not what i had said you are talking about.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 12:37am On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:

1. Justice
2. Love
3. Free will
4. Forsight
Etc, Etc, etc.

Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:

i dont know what you are saying.

It is not what i had said you are talking about.
LOLol. What's ze matter?
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 24, 2012
lol. nwanne, you are beginning to humour me like muskeeto.
Re: MAN Is Made Up Of Spirit, Soul And Body by truthislight: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Reyginus: LOLol. What's ze matter?

if i am to be taking you seriously hence forth, it is good that you make your point rational.

This are the post you made your insinuations about.

this is post 79 below:

truthislight:

1. Justice
2. Love
3. Free will
4. Forsight
Etc, Etc, etc.

this is post 61:

frosbel:

FALSE !!

"Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless." - Ecclesiastes 3:19

the spirit is the breath of life that comes from God, it is not an independent being that exists apart from the body. MAN is not a Trinity and neither is GOD.

We are ONE as individuals. God is ONE and a Spirit, MAN is ONE and a Mortal.

A soul is a combination of two ingredients, a body and a spirit, spirit here denoting the breath or life that comes from GOD.

A man who is void of the spirit is dead and totally dead in the true sense of the word, he is oblivious to all stimuli with no memory or thought process existing outside the body.

Stop this LIE about MAN's immortality, only GOD is immortal.

FALSE again.

We are a SOUL , when we die, we are called a BODY.

how and what are you talking about?

I am yet to get you point!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History? / Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" / Share Your Testimony About Holy Ghost Baptism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.