Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Children And Their Parent's unclothedness - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (25799 Views)

I Have Never Seen The Full unclothedness Of My Husband, Is This Right? / The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Help! Maid Now Hounds Me In The House Because I Saw Her unclothedness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by omorfi(f): 11:46am On Nov 01, 2012
Nigerians are just so bloody conservative sometimes.
So what if your kids see you naked?
unclothedness is normal.as long as you're not exposing yourself unnecessarilly like an exhibitionist,its cool.
Yelling at them to get out cos you're naked,or diving for cover when they come in without knocking on the other hand,that could cause them to have body image issues later on in life.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by VolvoS60(m): 1:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
What a thread.

The OP (conqueror of the british empire aka Field Marshall E. D. I. Mean) has opened a tank of worms here. grin

If there is one thing this thread has done it is that it has forced some (if not all) of us to examine some of our inner dragons and demons. Some of us are finding it incredibly hard to believe that it actually is possible to view the human body in a genuinely non-sexual way. It is very hard, perhaps even inconceivable (after several years of victorian era-style indoctrination and conditioning) for some of us to realize that some people inhabit a parallel universe in which the human body (in all its nakked glory) is NOT a thing of shame or guilt. Not surprisingly, the affronted and aggrieved on this thread feel that this is a Pandora's box which must remain closed even if all 150 million of us have to sit on its lid. In their view, the OP is pushing an idea that is capable of destroying civilization and the human race as we know it. grin

My personal experience in this matter is limited. In the strange world in which I grew up, even the domestic animals and house pets had their own hand-made clothing to cover their unclothedness (chew on that, Field Marshall Amin Dada) grin. I'll be watching this thread with keen interest. Perhaps it contains my only hope for freedom. wink

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by emris: 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hmmm.... Nigerians...Nairalanders....

Can't people just give opinions without insulting the op?
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by guess1109(f): 1:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
@op what a bashing u received in a day cry
trust people to take out their frustrations on any available person.
pele...
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by ifyann002(f): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
I guess my husband and I will bi arrested co we do dat all d tyme am d type of person dat hates clothes my body just irritates me .
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
VolvoS60: What a thread.

The OP (conqueror of the british empire aka Field Marshall E. D. I. Mean) has opened a tank of worms here. grin

If there is one thing this thread has done it is that it has forced some (if not all) of us to examine some of our inner dragons and demons. Some of us are finding it incredibly hard to believe that it actually is possible to view the human body in a genuinely non-sexual way. It is very hard, perhaps even inconceivable (after several years of victorian era-style indoctrination and conditioning) for some of us to realize that some people inhabit a parallel universe in which the human body (in all its nakked glory) is NOT a thing of shame or guilt. Not surprisingly, the affronted and aggrieved on this thread feel that this is a Pandora's box which must remain closed even if all 150 million of us have to sit on its lid. In their view, the OP is pushing an idea that is capable of destroying civilization and the human race as we know it.

Really enjoyed reading this. *like*
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by baby124: 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
Loool, this hypocritical people again. Someone talking about his daughter fainting at the sight of his jank *rolls eyes*. If your jank got hard at the sight of your daughter then you are a perv naturallly. Stop finding excuses. SMH. Nigerian's are soterrified by nudity. All the things that have been said is either by people that didn't grow up with both parents, in a face me I face you or in homes where molestation and other vices are common. How do you lock doors on your kids? Is this possible. That just causes a barrier in communication and body image issues. And who there is talking about cultural? Don't we still have African's running around nude? What culture? Nigerian's release your "inhibitions". Maybe you won't be so gaga about jank and tutu. Or so perverted. SMH. People are more interested in hidden things than things left in the open.

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by armyofone(m): 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
Not long ago we started wearing clothes in Africa grin in the old days, they take bath together at the village river/stream.
OP, follow your heart.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
armyofone: Not long ago we started wearing clothes in Africa grin in the old days, they take bath together at the village river/stream.
OP, follow your heart.

There are still plenty of villages in Nigeria where folks bath together as we speak.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 9:38am On Nov 02, 2012
This is sad.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Ishilove: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2012
yuzedo: Let us be rational and objective here:

1. Does your mother hide her upper unclothedness from her children?? No.
Which kain shakara wey your mama wan do for you after you don suck the brezz when you small? undecided

Personally, my papa no hide anytin from us when we dey grow. Na you go kuku tire. Has it affected me adversely? Did i go yammering about how huge it was or did i want to compare? Abeg, person wey go sick for head go sick for head, nothing needs to trigger it. Abi because say Adam & Eve f(u)ck up na im una get mouth now?! If no be say dem chop dat damn apple, i for don dey see d kpekus of Abil, Ishilove, Freecocoa, Odunnu, Vivian Chinaza, Candygosh, Mz.DarkSkin, Shollypopz, Aburoburo, Cindyrella, Sandylurv, etc by now! grin wink tongue
Lmao!! Yuzzzedo baibey!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MrsChima(f): 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2012
Whew.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by othenok(f): 11:53pm On Nov 03, 2012
Never saw my Dad nekkid but almost always saw my Mum. Remember she use to call either of us girls to help scrub her back in the bathroom. Didn't seem like a taboo in my house.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by othenok(f): 12:16am On Nov 04, 2012
[quote author=SELFWORTH]

How old are you? You talk like a child trying too hard to blend in with adults

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents! / A Lady Ran Away With My Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.