Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Children And Their Parent's unclothedness - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children And Their Parent's unclothedness (25798 Views)

I Have Never Seen The Full unclothedness Of My Husband, Is This Right? / The Unique Life Of Nigerian Children And Their Parents / Help! Maid Now Hounds Me In The House Because I Saw Her unclothedness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by free2ryhme: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
how did you become a father ? your wife is smarter than you take it from me...
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by obi123: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
i guess its OK when they are younger but i think nature has a way of changing that as they become older, they will become more self conscious and will cringe when they see you naked
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Poster, i do not condemn you, but go and sin no more... shocked
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
Read between the lines. The OP pointed out that it has been the "norm" since his kids were babies - which suggests they are sort of used to it.

IMO, I don't think it's a good idea to continue with the practice when your kids hit puberty (now I'm talking Dad vs Female Kids & Mum vs the Male Kids).

At their current age they may not see it as anything but as they grow older(and hit puberty), they could re-act differently.

Think of what happens when a child goes by "Oh, Mum doesn't mind when I pop into the Bathroom when she's bathing" and does that a lot more often (with a bad motive).

I just hope the kids grow up to understand that it wouldn't be regarded "normal" if they did same to "someone else" (say dash into the bathroom without knocking when someone's bathing and so on).

Just My Two Cents. I'm not a father yet, hopefully when I get there, I'll understand better. undecided
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by greatgod2012(f): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2012
If u dont stop now, u may get used to it to d extent dt u will do it unintentionally when they are older than this.
Besides, your wife is right, they need to be taught how to respect other pple's privacy and unclothedness.

2 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by gwas(m): 3:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
:DWell, i grew up in a house where something like this is not an issue. Mum and dad had a habit of walking around the house nakked so far we had no visitor. And this happened till i was 18. Even till date, i can still close my eyes and make a drawing of my mum nyansh. Eventhough she had passed on many years back.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Ndeewonu: 3:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
Except you want to start sleeping with your daughters even before they get to 10 years (just as some fathers we read about these days, do), that is the only reason that can justify your showing your unclothedness to your children. If your children, including daughters, get used to your m@nhood, it means it would become much easier for you to start having s3x with then, even up to their adult age, and they would not see it as anything bad.

Boy! That is too wrong! As soon as my own children get to 1 (I mean one) year, I move them to the Children's Room.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by slimyem: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Op,how long are you planning to continue this habit of yours around your children?
....into their teens...i suppose??
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by linearity: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
If you are staying in one of the western countries e.g. USA, UK, etc....very soon you will be getting a visit from child protective services and you will be in a difficult position defending your action.

This is the way it is going to happen: Since kids are innocent and very free, one day at the playground at school or during picnics, and as each child will be discussing living at home or body part out of curiosity, your kid is going to let it out how your manliness is bigger than his, etc...one thing will lead to another and the teacher will hear about it....then the principal...if the teacher did not her...the kids that heard it...down the road will make those comments casually to their parents and those parents will call the principal...one way or the other...your kid will be invited to the principal's office and child protective services will be called.

If you narrate what you just told the world here to the child protective service or a Judge, I do not think they will be happy with your actions and if in the USA, you will at least server time for either of the following or all of them combined:

1. Indecent exposure.
2. Corruption of a minor
3. Lewd and lascivious conduct

Since this has been going on for a long time, if the prosecutor does not like you and want to shut you down for a very long time...they would charge you with multiple counts on each charges.

Now, am not saying all of these or any of these might stick...but I do not think you will be let go off the hook free.

You have already done the damage, heed your wife's warning and stop it immediately...this might not prevent your kids from talking about it...but the further you put the incident from them, the less they will remember it and be able to talk about it.

3 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by chalyotas(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Need your opinion, me and my wife always disgree about something. It's nothing major, but she takes it too serious.
Oga repent. It is very wrong. You are sending wrong information to them at their early stage.
We have 3 kids. 7 year old boy, and twin girls, 4 years old. My wife has a problem that I do not hide my unclothedness from my kids. If I am urinating in the toilet, and my son wants to pee as well, he comes beside me and pees, and he will even joke and try to shoot my pee with his pee. I do not tell him to wait outside so that he does not see my manliness. Even if we are in the bedroom and I'm lotioning up and daughters run into the room, i do not hide and tell them to go outside so they do not see my manliness! Why should I do that? they are my children. My wife will tell them to go outside.

If we have no visitors at home, and Im taking a bath, I dont lock the bathroom door. My wife would come and say 'you need to lock the door, these children can come in' and I will be like 'So? they are my children'

she keeps telling me it's not proper in our culture, it is morally wrong and can cause disrespect, it does not happen in Nigeria, bla bla
I can understand where she is coming from. I stayed at home for 23 years and I can say I have never seen my father's manliness (or maybe I did as a small child and can't remember).

Is it wrong?

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
HQ: Read between the lines. The OP pointed out that it has been the "norm" since his kids were babies - which suggests they are sort of used to it.

IMO, I don't think it's a good idea to continue with the practice when your kids hit puberty (now I'm talking Dad vs Female Kids & Mum vs the Male Kids).

At their current age they may not see it as anything but as they grow older(and hit puberty), they could re-act differently.

Think of what happens when a child goes by "Oh, Mum doesn't mind when I pop into the Bathroom when she's bathing" and does that a lot more often (with a bad motive).

I just hope the kids grow up to understand that it wouldn't be regarded "normal" if they did same to "someone else" (say dash into the bathroom without knocking when someone's bathing and so on).

Just My Two Cents. I'm not a father yet, hopefully when I get there, I'll understand better. undecided

Good points. not sure if my kids know that this is just 'normal' in our house alone, that is entering bathrooms and rooms without knocking, they dont do it at home. maybe need to start teaching them about knocking. But when we drive to Cardiff and stay in my sister's place, they dont go to toilet without telling me or my wife that they want to pee. i think it's just the familiarity we have at home, nut good point though
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Enoquin(f): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
For reasons I cannot fathom, this post made me bubble with laughter...what with the reponses and what not...
@OP...almost every parent wants to do have a unique parenting but we should be careful that unique doesn't turn to something else. Children will always talk, your son could innocently tell his friend about your manliness and a grown up passing by (either a teacher or parent(s) of your son's friend) can over hear and your intentions could be turned into something else...
Even though you are trying to be free, puberty for them will bring about a whole lot of rules and restrictions because they would be trying to understand their bodies and would not want anyone barging in or something...
Please on this one, agree with your wife and set some sort of boundaries...let them knock...and wait for an acknowledgement before entering your room...and do same to them...
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by slimyem: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
...and op,just like someone earlier mentioned...how about you teach you children to knock on doors instead of barging in all the time.
If anytime is the time,NOW is the time to teach them such!!
You are making them think its okay to watch anyone have their baths and they'd definitely keep doing it outside if they have to go on holiday or something...
Be wise!!
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Barywhyte(m): 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:
Need your opinion, me and my wife always disgree about something. It's nothing major, but she takes it too serious.

We have 3 kids. 7 year old boy, and twin girls, 4 years old. My wife has a problem that I do not hide my unclothedness from my kids. If I am urinating in the toilet, and my son wants to pee as well, he comes beside me and pees, and he will even joke and try to shoot my pee with his pee. I do not tell him to wait outside so that he does not see my manliness. Even if we are in the bedroom and I'm lotioning up and daughters run into the room, i do not hide and tell them to go outside so they do not see my manliness! Why should I do that? they are my children. My wife will tell them to go outside.

If we have no visitors at home, and Im taking a bath, I dont lock the bathroom door. My wife would come and say 'you need to lock the door, these children can come in' and I will be like 'So? they are my children'

she keeps telling me it's not proper in our culture, it is morally wrong and can cause disrespect, it does not happen in Nigeria, bla bla
I can understand where she is coming from. I stayed at home for 23 years and I can say I have never seen my father's manliness (or maybe I did as a small child and can't remember).

Is it wrong?

U do not close the bathroom when having ur bath or the room when lotioning. And in other cases where u have to UnCloth, u do it right in front of them (addition mine). Meaning that they (both male and female kids) see ur Jontomose and the associated components on daily basis. Please u need to stop this. It is not ethical. Like someone hinted, it is an example of child abuse. With this kind of attitude, they will never show any sign of respect for other people's unclothedness and that could get them into serious trouble. Besides, flaunting your Jontomose infront of ur kids doesn't in anyway represent sex education. You asked for advice and a lot of pple have done justice to that. LISTEN to your wife.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
linearity: If you are staying in one of the western countries e.g. USA, UK, etc....very soon you will be getting a visit from child protective services and you will be in a difficult position defending your action.

This is the way it is going to happen: Since kids are innocent and very free, one day at the playground at school or during picnics, and as each child will be discussing living at home or body part out of curiosity, your kid is going to let it out how your manliness is bigger than his, etc...one thing will lead to another and the teacher will hear about it....then the principal...if the teacher did not her...the kids that heard it...down the road will make those comments casually to their parents and those parents will call the principal...one way or the other...your kid will be invited to the principal's office and child protective services will be called.

If you narrate what you just told the world here to the child protective service or a Judge, I do not think they will be happy with your actions and if in the USA, you will at least server time for either of the following or all of them combined:

1. Indecent exposure.
2. Corruption of a minor
3. Lewd and lascivious conduct

Since this has been going on for a long time, if the prosecutor does not like you and want to shut you down for a very long time...they would charge you with multiple counts on each charges.

Now, am not saying all of these or any of these might stick...but I do not think you will be let go off the hook free.

You have already done the damage, heed your wife's warning and stop it immediately...this might not prevent your kids from talking about it...but the further you put the incident from them, the less they will remember it and be able to talk about it.

I live in London, but you are blabbing a lot of rubbish here that you know absolutely nothing about. Really? so my child will tell another child that she saw me naked, then the child will tell her parent who will tell the principal, then the principal will call the police that my child saw me naked in my house, then I will be arrested and place in child molester's register, abi? LOL, you make me laugh. I am a lawyer, and you know nothing you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by yuzedo: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
Let us be rational and objective here:

1. Does your mother hide her upper unclothedness from her children?? No.
Which kain shakara wey your mama wan do for you after you don suck the brezz when you small? undecided

Personally, my papa no hide anytin from us when we dey grow. Na you go kuku tire. Has it affected me adversely? Did i go yammering about how huge it was or did i want to compare? Abeg, person wey go sick for head go sick for head, nothing needs to trigger it. Abi because say Adam & Eve f(u)ck up na im una get mouth now?! If no be say dem chop dat damn apple, i for don dey see d kpekus of Abil, Ishilove, Freecocoa, Odunnu, Vivian Chinaza, Candygosh, Mz.DarkSkin, Shollypopz, Aburoburo, Cindyrella, Sandylurv, etc by now! grin wink tongue

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by cowgurl: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
What your wifey is requesting of you is no big deal poster, so please don't make it one.
so just go ahead and act accordingly.

I personally do not have an issue with you being unclad around your 7 year old son cos to me, it's kinda fun, the games you both play n all
but around your 4 year old daughters now that's obscene, besides you don't want those twinnies comparing sizes when they grow up lol!

so just do as she said alright.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by beebop(f): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2012
LOL Nigerians and their judgement.

So a n.aked body you were born with is lewd. Makes ZERO sense to me.

I walked in on my parents dressing up all the time growing up and even every now and then when I go to visit. They are not ashamed. I'm the one who's a tad embarrassed. I don't see it as immoral or wrong. I'm very private so my parents knock when I'm in the bathroom but that's just me. As for them, did I not come out of their loins

Oga poster. Carry go, let the people who are ashamed of their bodies be ashamed of it. How is it not ethical, how will the body of my parents incite me to "immorality". Ewwww, Nigerians and their disgusting minds.

2 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by lekanwj(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
I am with your wife on this. My 4 yr old boy will immediately start measuring sizes and for the girls they will may start imagining things and discuss it with their friend soon.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ndeewonu: Except you want to start sleeping with your daughters even before they get to 10 years (just as some fathers we read about these days, do), that is the only reason that can justify your showing your unclothedness to your children. If your children, including daughters, get used to your m@nhood, it means it would become much easier for you to start having s3x with then, even up to their adult age, and they would not see it as anything bad.

Boy! That is too wrong! As soon as my own children get to 1 (I mean one) year, I move them to the Children's Room.

This is the kind of stupidity i try to avoid from brain dead nigerians, don't know how you get access to the internet to be honest. 'Unless I want to start having sex with my daughters' you said. Really? Is that the conclusion you have made from my post. I'm out of here folks, does anyone know how to delete a post on nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Ogojohn(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2012
must you be told that you are a pervert before you know it. if you know it All while seek for opinion in this forum. It is even in the Bible. a child must not see the unclothedness of his mother or father for it is a curse unto the child. A word is enough for a wise.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by beebop(f): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
Also someone is mentioning something about children gossiping about daddy's kpekus.

AND SO.

Your daddy has a blockus, Everyone's daddy has a blockus. I can't count how many blockuses I've seen on the roadside in Lagos just peeing away merrily. It's my own daddy's blockus that is now special.

chai. you people will KEEEL me

Me I like to read on the toilet. My door is firmly closed (also who wants to smell that) and anyone disturbing me during #2 will hear from me, not because I'm ashamed I have a toto but don't DISTURB me while I'm reading on the toilet dammmit.

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
beebop: Also someone is mentioning something about children gossiping about daddy's kpekus.

AND SO.

Your daddy has a blockus, Everyone's daddy has a blockus. I can't count how many blockuses I've seen on the roadside in Lagos just peeing away merrily. It's my own daddy's blockus that is now special.

Me I like to read on the toilet. My door is firmly closed (also who wants to smell that) and anyone disturbing me during #2 will hear from me, not because I'm ashamed I have a toto but don't DISTURB me while I'm reading on the toilet dammmit.
lmao grin grin grin
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by MissyB3(f): 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
Idi-Amin:

This is the kind of stupidity i try to avoid from brain dead nigerians, don't know how you get access to the internet to be honest. 'Unless I want to start having sex with my daughters' you said. Really? Is that the conclusion you have made from my post. I'm out of here folks, does anyone know how to delete a post on nairaland?
I've always opined that many things are best left off NL . . . Too many idiots roaming about, wanting to be heard.

You can't delete your posts except the mod help you. Until then, use the modify button; modify your original post. I agree you should delete/modify the original post.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:27pm On Oct 31, 2012
cowgurl: What your wifey is requesting of you is no big deal poster, so please don't make it one.
so just go ahead and act accordingly.

I personally do not have an issue with you being unclad around your 7 year old son cos to me, it's kinda fun, the games you both play n all
but around your 4 year old daughters now that's obscene, besides you don't want those twinnies comparing sizes when they grow up lol!

so just do as she said alright.

Believe i have decided to try, but I have to make a conscious effort and remember. My wife has good point, it's not like I disagree with her, but it is not in me to hide. some people here are posting nonsense as if, if I need to UnCloth, i will call them to line up in fromnt of me to see me naked. people and assumptions.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by violent(m): 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
Siena:

Dude, that's going to the extreme. You have NO right to label the OP as the worst father, nor make crass comments about his kids being taken away. I don't agree with undressing in front of his kids, but I prefer to keep an open mind. Would I do it? No.

And just so you know - in the West, as long as nothing lewd was taking place, the authorities can do jack about it. Some new-Age families stay undressed within the confines of their homes, and go to nudist camps. Yes, with their children, who may even be in their teens.

This is a topic that will generate different reactions - some positive, some negative. It shouldn't generate verbal abuse, and i think you should do the manly thing, apologize to the OP and edit your post.

I don't see anything crass in my comments nor a need to apologize for thinking it's morally reprehensible if a father does not see a big deal having his two underage young girls stare on his bareness. That in my books qualifies for the worst parenting ever.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
grin
beebop: Also someone is mentioning something about children gossiping about daddy's kpekus.

AND SO.

You are just a comedian, Oniranu
made me laugh though
LMAO
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Mavor: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls what part of the scripture is this? At times i wonder if i'm reading the right Bible.
Remember the part where Noah grew a vineyard and one evening he got drunk on the wine from that vineyard. He slept naked in his tent as a result of that drunkenness. One of this three sons came in and saw his old man naked and went out to tell the other two laughing about it. The other two walked backwards into their dad's tent holding a blanket and covered their father, shielding their eyes. When Noah woke up, God made it known to him what happened and Noah cursed the son who mocked his unclothedness, cursed him and his descendants.

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Afam4eva(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mavor: Remember the part where Noah grew a vineyard and one evening he got drunk on the wine from that vineyard. He slept naked in his tent as a result of that drunkenness. One of this three sons came in and saw his old man naked and went out to tell the other two laughing about it. The other two walked backwards into their dad's tent holding a blanket and covered their father, shielding their eyes. When Noah woke up, God made it known to him what happened and Noah cursed the son who mocked his unclothedness, cursed him and his descendants.
Did he curse them because they saw his unclothedness or because they mocked his unclothedness?

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Mavor: 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2012
Missy_B:
I've always opined that many things are best left off NL . . . Too many idiots roaming about, wanting to be heard.

You can't delete your posts except the mod help you. Until then, use the modify button; modify your original post. I agree you should delete/modify the original post.
I dont support what that freak says but I believe in freedom of speech. Censorship is against the nature of a free society. I have only seen mods deleting comments because it is politically incorrect, only on fu<king Nairaland. It doesn't happen elsewhere. Pure Bull$hit.
Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by Mavor: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva:
Did he curse them because they saw his unclothedness or because they mocked his unclothedness?
If seeing his unclothedness was the right thing, then why did the other two sons who covered Noah up, walk in backwards with their eyes covered so as not to look upon their father's unclothedness? Are you Jehovah's Witness that likes to edit the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Children And Their Parent's unclothedness by IdiAmin2(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
violent:

I don't see anything crass in my comments nor a need to apologize for thinking it's morally reprehensible if a father does not see a big deal having his two underage young girls stare on his bareness. That in my books qualifies for the worst parenting ever.

Nigerians, they dont reead, and even if they read, they cant comprehend because of low IQ. you making it sound as if I line my daughters up, pull down my pants and show them my manliness, you are twisting my words and doing it on purpose. I have stated that I do not make a conscious effort to hide if they walk in, and I have stated before that they do not even stare or even notice that I am naked, cos I have been naked around my kids sice they were babies and its no big deal to them, but you naking it sound like I am purposely going around the house all day with my nuts out showing it off to my kids. LMAO, you Nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.