Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers (35326 Views)

Plot To Sack IGP, Arase, Thickens - Nigerian Tribune / Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Sad Day For Obasanjo - Bolanle Bolawole (Nigerian Tribune) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by a1solution: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2012
well, that good if it would improve the organization
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Booty4me: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2012
ebamma: What are you talk about,tribune newspaper sack workers when?,are you trying to confuse my confusion.
cheii See GBAGAUN
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Clemzy16(m): 8:47am On Nov 02, 2012
In-other-words, they were sacked not as a result of incompetence. Rather, they were fired for operating a multi-staff system. Also, is that not what they call division of labour?! How will operating a multi-staff system prompt a company to wind up or go into extintion. Wouldn't that ease division of labour?! BTW, where would the money which would have been used to pay the fired staff now to go?! The new Managing Director is just looking for an avenue to divert company fund into privat pocket. Also, comparing your company to others which sometimes are far advanced than yours is the worst kind of inferiority-complex. Does it really matter if you have more staff than the others. Must you compare, it works for them dosen't mean it would work out for you. Or didn't the formal MD knew that the staff were much. Now 300 people has become jobless, 300 homes broken, 300 families food-less, 300 children school-less etc...
Oluwa is involved...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by kutchs: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2012
yinchar: A newspaper that is in TOTAL support of PDP, when the whole of South-West is rejecting the demonic party, how do you expect them to make revenue who will buy the papers......smh
Clap for urself, doing everything to paint the PDP black. May I ask who‘s suffering the pains of the downsizing now? The paper supported PDP and kept people in employment but then ACN came and pple lost their job, you see how wicked you are.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2012
Although its sad for those involved the fact is that its a businesses organisation and it must focus on making profit. For a shareholder this is a good development as they're not running a charity. Times are hard for business worldwide and moreso newspapers so it makes sense to lay off anyone who's job dosen't directly add to the bottom line. That's why its crucial for anyone employee to ensure that one always remains relevant because there must have been a reason why certain people were chosen to be laid off and others retained.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by mrperfect(m): 10:07am On Nov 02, 2012
Not a pretty picture.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by fankasibe: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2012
the outcome was more than the income...... the newspaper firm was just a charity organization before
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by 5much(m): 10:13am On Nov 02, 2012
ghettodreamz: The deed is done, what else or what would our ranting do to make their newly appointed GM revoke his decisions? NOTHING!

They might have lost all hope of finding a good job due to the present economy and unemployment situation of the country, but God will surely make a way for them. Isaiah 43:19

I pray for the affected workers, a BETTER and highly paid job on their ways soon in Jesus name, amen..

At God's perfect timing, He will surely open wider ways for them all.

trusting God to create new employment for d sacked.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by yinchar(m): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2012
kutchs: Clap for urself, doing everything to paint the PDP black. May I ask who‘s suffering the pains of the downsizing now? The paper supported PDP and kept people in employment but then ACN came and pple lost their job, you see how wicked you are.
Is it the ACN-led government thats in charge of managing Tribune...give me something more bro...you can do better than this,,,, tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2012
This is what Anti IGBO propaganda use to cause, .... Next time it will fold grin
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by NAJALYN: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
More people being thrown into the labour market. In most cases benefits are not paid for years. God help this country.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Successfigure: 2:33am On Nov 03, 2012
I strongly believe what they are doing today will be after their tomorrow. That's why i hate monthly work. I love being self-employed to torment- employed.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by EkoIle1: 3:22am On Nov 03, 2012
All the Tinubu expose and free money from OGD and Akala didn't save them from drowning...Awo must be rolling in his grave.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Ufeolorun(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2012
How I wish those who actually ran the company aground got the boot rather than these poor, lowly paid assistants.
That a company operates in your industry doesn't necessarily make it your competitor: what's the spread of the '300 staffed' company
Sacking lowly paid employees does not always make business sense,kicking out those who were expected to stir the affairs of the business into the future is far more strategic.

The bottom line is those who approve crappy contents,engage in political shenanigans and refuse to embrace new technology should get the boot first or else the company is likely to eventually die,even if they automate all their operations and have only one staff.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by Pakavy(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2012
NAJALYN: More people being thrown into the labour market. In most cases benefits are not paid for years. God help this country.
Re: Nigerian Tribune Newspaper Sacks 160 Workers by rogerbyy: 4:50am On Jul 23, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki And NASS Members Meet With Buhari (Photos) / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / BREAKING NEWS :Gov Amosun's Convoy In Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.