Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? (1526 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by Mrsdavids(f): 3:29pm On Nov 02, 2012
Was having a heart talk with my childhood friend. she was gisting me how she really adores her latest BF and she wants him for keep. According to her,they are still early into the relationship and the guy in question might not be thinking towards proposing. So She wants to tell him "she would love them to get married someday when he is ready". I then asked myself,is it her place to do this? Won't the guy consider it absurd? Pls help out
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by Mynd44: 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2012
It is not a bad idea to propose to him na. If you like something, so for it
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by kingingkinging: 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2012
She can do it in an implied way. But mainly, it depends on the guy. You life is in phases and men are in sizes. Some might respect her for this and some may feel somehow. I know of a friend who has never asked a lady out in his life. His friend and family members have always been the ones doing the talking/matchmaking for him. A nice and reliable guy but just shy to ask a lady out.So such guys would appreciate such. It depends on different factors.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by CrazyMan(m): 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
It is very dumb and foolish to propose to a man.

Most men (Africans especially) are very traditional when it comes to a wedding proposal, and feel its their responsibility to do the necessary work to acquire a wife.  

Also a man in love would want the proposal to be memorable for you in some way. Some guys go through a great deal of trouble to pick the right location and the right time because they want that moment to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for you both.

So asking if its right for your friend to break the ice is absurd...cos such an action would only portray her as a desperate person...and the man in question might just loose interest in her...If she feels he ought to have proposed by now, and he hasn't....its either he isn't ready to marry at the moment, or he's not interested in marrying her at all.

She must not and I repeat must not propose to him.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by switdick(m): 8:26pm On Nov 02, 2012
ok,errmmm.....poster,pls ask her what happens afterwards,like is she the one paying the price(in this case,it has to be groom price...LmFa0)?.......

And oh,whose name will they bear,okay my bad again,THE GIRL's!!! grin since she's the one issuing the proposal......mtchwww. Dnt mind peeps jor I support you,modern day girl.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by 190theclown: 12:38am On Nov 03, 2012
arent you married!

did u propose to your man smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by Mrsdavids(f): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
190-the-clown:
arent you married!

did u propose to your man smiley
I did propose to my hubby,but not in d conventional way,did it indirectly. U know, showing him baby pictures. Laughing about how our babies will look like if we ever get married, checking out wedding dresses online when he's there...and so on. My intent was to make him know I luv him enof to want to start a life wit him
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by Mynd44: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs davids:
I did propose to my hubby,but not in d conventional way,did it indirectly. U know, showing him baby pictures. Laughing about how our babies will look like if we ever get married, checking out wedding dresses online when he's there...and so on. My intent was to make him know I luv him enof to want to start a life wit him
I call that entrapment
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by pendo89(f): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mrs davids: Was having a heart talk with my childhood friend. she was gisting me how she really adores her latest BF and she wants him for keep. According to her,they are still early into the relationship and the guy in question might not be thinking towards proposing. So She wants to tell him "she would love them to get married someday when he is ready". I then asked myself,is it her place to do this? Won't the guy consider it absurd? Pls help out

Infatuation can make people mess up big time.
Your friend and her guy are still in the early stages, yet she wants to propose marriage cz she fears losing him?
She doesn't even know what is in the guy's mind.Why not use this time to build the relationship, because if it's worth something and the guy feels ready to settle down, he will slowly initiate.His actions will speak louder than words.
Well I know men speak through actions.Tell her to stop sounding desperate and be a good gf.
Re: Is It Right For A Woman To Propose Marriage To Her Man? by Mrsdavids(f): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
I call that entrapment
Entrapment! shocked I dint coerce him to propose. I only showed him signs of interest. It was his decision to make

(1) (Reply)

What Shud I Tell Him / Ex Girl &her Mum,how Can I Take Control Of My Child. / Top Qualities Single Men And Women Seek In The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.