Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? (15542 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / What Is Best Way To Propose Marriage To Your Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
As a result of the nature of my job I tend to come accross many ladies and gents intending marriage. But one thing I have discovered with the ladies is that, if they had the mind set they could have initiated marriage, not waiting for the guy to ask them first. So my questions to matured single ladies and guys, and even married ones. If you have/had your way as a lady can you ask a guy out on a date, woo him if he is a husband material and propose marriage and marry him ? And to the guys, will you marry a lady, that asked you out, wooed you and propose to marry you, if she is your ideal wife material ?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by MrsChima(f): 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
There are many couples in America where women have proposed to the men. Many of those couples are still happily married.

It is all about the person.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by xynerise: 2:15pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There are many couples in America where women have proposed to the men. Many of those couples are still happily married.

seconded cool

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yea, so why is it not happening in Nigeria because thinking, it will help a lot especially for those ladies who can do it. And I don't believe there is any religion against it, or if so someone should enlighten us
And if people can see this, it will help with a lot of marriages in Nigeria, and even Africa

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by agitator: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yes, if i can afford to shower her with gifts (her birthright) pay the bills, take she and her friends to shop in Dubai. Why not? wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 4:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Sure! What I really call to mind is the person's personality. Personally, I have a different perspective towards alot of tinz and as such I dnt see anytin wrong with that even though most ladies would not do such. The way I see it is, u see ur ideal mate and u are sure of the person's personality, then u go for it and b fulfilled rather than hold on to it and wait for a miserable guy 2 come and do the talking (as usual) and at the end of the day, he breaks ur heart. Which is better? To kill ur ego and b heart-filled or to hold ur ego in high regard with a broken heart. The choice is urz buh as a guy, I dnt see anything wrong with doing such 2 me as long as u knw what u want

9 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2012
I see that move as been desperate.
Motives are important.
Recently i started talkin wit dis guy and as we were chattin,i mentioned to him that he was breakin my heart by not giving me wat i want. Somehow along d line, our conversation veered into relationship and he started sayin dat i wasnt 'good enough for him' or smthin. Altho i lafed it off,i made sure i passed d message across dat he was actually d one below me and was only foolin himself thinkin he could use that line to get at me
The point is, I have come to discover that guys dont usually give respect to ladies who come after themESPECIALLY if they are little stars having a lot of priviledges and 'fans'. they start thinkin they're doin u favours just by talking to you

12 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
In d old times, wooing a guy may seem or appear desperate and cheap or something. But now?? Oh puleazzze! Dis is freaking 2012! Its no big deal to ask a guy out..it just depends on the way you tell d guy. If i'm crushing on a guy, and he possess practically most of the tinz i want in a guy, why can't i approach him, rather dan stick to some goddamned loser who might end up breaking ur heart. My happiness'll always comes first. But because of our 'african mentality', pple still see it as unethical, immoral, desperate and a cheap attempt..which makes it difficult for african girls especially to do it.
Maybe i need to be reminded, pls which law or rule says its MUST be d guy dat must make d first move??

10 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 2:48am On Oct 28, 2012
preshuzpearl: I see that move as been desperate.
Motives are important.
Recently i started talkin wit dis guy and as we were chattin,i mentioned to him that he was breakin my heart by not giving me wat i want. Somehow along d line, our conversation veered into relationship and he started sayin dat i wasnt 'good enough for him' or smthin. Altho i lafed it off,i made sure i passed d message across dat he was actually d one below me and was only foolin himself thinkin he could use that line to get at me
The point is, I have come to discover that guys dont usually give respect to ladies who come after themESPECIALLY if they are little stars having a lot of priviledges and 'fans'. they start thinkin they're doin u favours just by talking to you

Not all my dear.. There are still guys like myself that doesn't take such actions for granted neither will you be under-rated. It boils down to the personality of the guy involved. I know for sure that alot of guys are lame...

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 2:58am On Oct 28, 2012
booqee: In d old times, wooing a guy may seem or appear desperate and cheap or something. But now?? Oh puleazzze! Dis is freaking 2012! Its no big deal to ask a guy out..it just depends on the way you tell d guy. If i'm crushing on a guy, and he possess practically most of the tinz i want in a guy, why can't i approach him, rather dan stick to some goddamned loser who might end up breaking ur heart. My happiness'll always comes first. But because of our 'african mentality', pple still see it as unethical, immoral, desperate and a cheap attempt..which makes it difficult for african girls especially to do it.
Maybe i need to be reminded, pls which law or rule says its MUST be d guy dat must make d first move??

My dear ask them oo. I love what drives you. Like I asked in my first post on this thread, would u prefer to take more cognizance to ur ego and lose someone you are damn sure possesses d salient featurez u crave for in a guy, or for you to kill ego and go for what matters to you... I dont see anything wrong with this. Or am I the only one with a unique perception?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Mynd44: 6:35am On Oct 28, 2012
He proposes she proposes, as long as there is a connection between them, who cares?

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
Ladies : I am happy some guys are responding personally to this question(s).You can even be friendly and go a step further to ask the said guy you are interested in questions to know his heart ( likes, dis-likes, ideal wife e.t.c, just like guys do), and even try to know how he will respond if proposed to by a lady he admires, and see qualified to be his wife

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 9:20pm On Oct 28, 2012
sadeiyare: Ladies : I am happy some guys are responding personally to this question(s).You can even be friendly and go a step further to ask the said guy you are interested in questions to know his heart ( likes, dis-likes, ideal wife e.t.c, just like guys do), and even try to know how he will respond if proposed to by a lady he admires, and see qualified to be his wife

Yeah! You right brah.. Personally, I am very reluctant in approaching women. I dont knw why buh I'm not just too enthusiastic about it. If a woman should approach me and she has the core features I crave for, wetin I go say I dey wait for... Lol

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by agitator: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare: Ladies : I am happy some guys are responding personally to this question(s).You can even be friendly and go a step further to ask the said guy you are interested in questions to know his heart ( likes, dis-likes, ideal wife e.t.c, just like guys do), and even try to know how he will respond if proposed to by a lady he admires, and see qualified to be his wife

dmcdad:

Yeah! You right brah.. Personally, I am very reluctant in approaching women. I dont knw why buh I'm not just too enthusiastic about it. If a woman should approach me and she has the core features I crave for, wetin I go say I dey wait for... Lol

guy your head correct so? why u come start this mumu topic, dey converse with yourself. Girls no dey ask out broke guys like you. make your pepper rest first and leave the rest for the girls.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by dmcdad: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
agitator:

guy your head correct so? why u come start this mumu topic, dey converse with yourself. Girls no dey ask out broke guys like you. make your pepper rest first and leave the rest for the girls.

Lol... U wan make them come reap where them no sow abi?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by AkandeTK(m): 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
Why not....but I must have studied her character carefully 2 my taste?
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by sconsults: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
If she can take care of me,pay the bills,take me shoping and still cook for me,take care of the kids and make sure i am never short of money to drink and cruise around the city

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ochallo: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2012
please the correct question should be , would you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?. i can't believe this is on front page and is grammatically wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ichidodo: 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
HELL YES!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by mallorca(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
sadeiyare: As a result of the nature of my job I tend to come accross many ladies and gents intending marriage. But one thing I have discovered with the ladies is that, if they had the mind set they could have initiated marriage, not waiting for the guy to ask them first. So my questions to matured single ladies and guys, and even married ones. If you have/had your way as a lady can you ask a guy out on a date, woo him if he is a husband material and propose marriage and marry him ? And to the guys, will you marry a lady, that asked you out, wooed you and propose to marry you, if she is your ideal wife material ?
Yes
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by felixiano(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
Thirded*if any english word is lyk dat.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ubong560(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

People are gonna say to you that's in America not Nigeria. I think I will, if I love her!
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
Nt really a big deal.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by patholaw: 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yes...as long as she is not a flirt....
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ubong560(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=Mrs.Chima]There are many couples in America where women have proposed to the men. Many of those couples are still happily married.

It is all about the person. [d opinions seek in dis issue was nt to b adapted frm America. Talk/say wat u knw here in naija and live america alone. We are too fun of dis white people]

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by adora4u1: 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2012
Propose marriage to a Nigerian man?! Are you kidding me?! HELL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The average Nigerian man will run like hell! He is not matured enough for a woman with a strong personality!

8 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by igosee: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2012
ochallo: please the correct question should be , would you marry a lady that proposes marriage to you?. i can't believe this is on front page and is grammatically wrong.
Mr. Lecturer

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2012
There is nothing absolute wrong with a woman proposing marriage to a man.
One of the most beautiful women in Nigeria has done that.
She simply asked me:
"Will you marry me?"
But I did not say yes or no, because I wasn't sure if I loved her enough to spend the rest of my life with her.
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by eamonskin: 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yeah y not if not.if she mets my taste.n if she has evrytin i want in a woman
Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by CzarChris(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
A girl asks me out, no biggies, happens all the time. But proposing? Unless you'll take care of the bridal list no probs, but if am to pay the bride price and all, please let me take my time and evaluate what am getting myself into.

6 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Lady That Propose Marriage to you ? by ubong560(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=preshuzpearl]I see that move as been desperate.
Motives are important.
The point is, I have come to discover that guys dont usually give respect to ladies who come after themESPECIALLY if they are little stars having a lot of priviledges and 'fans'. they start thinkin they're doin u favours just by talking to you [IT'S EITHER UR OPINION IS WRONG OR IT DEPENDS COS I WAS ONCE MADLY IN LOVE WIT A GIRL WHO CAME 2 ME]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How My Married Neighbor Caught Me Mastubatlng And Asked To Help...(must Read) / •**★★Breast Challenge★★*** / Benjamin Mendy Nudes, Tape Leaked After Four Charges Of Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.