Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25301 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AKO1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
AH2MUCH:

y shld nwaneri stand when the striker with the ball stood, for christ sake he is supposed to be defender. the striker eas waiting for his men to comae in, tell me what nwaneri was waitng for instend of going and charging the guy with the ball. to me he is the cause of that 2nd goal

Seconded.

Nigerians and the Nigerian press were too negative. A major contributing factor to our loss. Come to think of it, if we won, all of us who crucified the after CIV's win deserve to be stoned to death.

Back to business. May the best team win.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by FBS: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2008
I'm triple sure he will not come back to Nigeria, na area boys go wound am, the clueless goat. , kai the guy dey vex me no be small, He is nothinh but a mumu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by oziomatv(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
doyindamus:

Bloody bastard of a coach. We should ask for a refund of the salary we paid him. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I LOST MY VOICE SHOUTING--------PUT ON A SPARE ATTACKER.

WE HAVE EXTRA MAN. . .PUT ON A SPARE ATTACKER.

IF HE HAS THE NERVE TO COME BACK TO NAIJA. . .I SANCTION MOPO TO SHOOT ON SIGHT
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Refree no do us anything na my boys dey fumble for field na too much of akwuna  na im dey cause am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by 4Him(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
why are u pple crying? Did you think u would win?  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mukina2: 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
doyindamus:

Bloody bastard of a coach. We should ask for a refund of the salary we paid him. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I LOST MY VOICE SHOUTING--------PUT ON A SPARE ATTACKER.

WE HAVE EXTRA MAN. . .PUT ON A SPARE ATTACKER.

IF HE HAS THE NERVE TO COME BACK TO NAIJA. . .I SANCTION MOPO TO SHOOT ON SIGHT
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Mariory(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2008
anusule:

mikel did not play anything today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is over rated!!!!!!!!!!!!

God go punish that referee!!!!!!!!!!!! angry

IMO Mikel and Ethuhu ran themselves into the ground against very talented midfielders in Muntari and Essien, The fault of this loss lies with the manager and defense.

When a 10 man team brings on wide players to replace their strikers and remove their strongest midfielder to plug a hole in defense, most other managers who have a clue would have brought on another striker and gone compact in midfield (4-4-2) to control the game. Especially when we have a very fast striker in Martins that would have been able to run the tired Ghanian defense off the pitch. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
Stupid super chicken, stupid Government. I wonder why they hired a German coach?? Do you think a German will do his best for a foreign Nation? How come Germany doesn't hire Nigerians or Ghanians as their National coach ?? Stupid set of idiots surfering from colonial mentality.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AKO1(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
And plus, Ghana deserved to win. They technically beat us 2-0 cuz we didnt score a clean goal. I'm not sad at all because we wasted our chances and we no pay for it. Such is life.

Ekaabo Super Eagles,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
MAKE I ASK OOOOOO. 2WARD THE DIEING MINUTES WAS'NT THAT A PENELITY (HAND BALL IN D 18)
I AM JUST ASKING COS I DD'T UN'STAND WAT D REF WAS BLOWING
I CONFUSE
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2008
olofinjana and etuhu played nothing, leaving mikel to do all the playing at the middele.
the ref is a bastard o, y did mikel get booked
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by 4Him(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2008
see nigerians weeping their eyes out! Wake up, we were never good enough! We could only manage two goals from open play against Benin!  cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by oziomatv(m): 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2008
let's hope for 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ife01(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
O ma se o!!!
What a Calamity,
let this boys walk back home,
Vogts fit enter plane back to Germany, no need to follow the boys come home.
What a Shame.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by lawyer(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
How did Nwaneri end up playing for 90 minutes? He was guiltyfor most of the faulty passes and ball watching that Nigeria experienced.

Secondly, what is vogts beef with utaka and obafemi?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Iman3(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
Mariory:

When a 10 man team brings on wide players to replace their strikers and remove their strongest midfielder to plug a hole in defense, most other managers who have a clue would have brought on another striker and gone compact in midfield (4-4-2) to control the game. Especially when we have a very fast striker in Martins that would have been able to run the tired Ghanian defense off the pitch. angry

We started with 3 strikers-Yakubu,Osaze and Uche-in a 4-3-3 formation which changes to 4-5-1 when we are defending.If he had brought on another striker,we would have had 4 strikers on the pitch.

However,he could have simply changed to a 4-4-2 formation,instead of a 3 man central midfield,and brought on a winger like Utaka and told either Uche or Osaze to play more centrally.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jmichael90: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2008
our eagle tried. thank God. stop bad mouthing them and our dear country.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 8:12pm On Feb 03, 2008
tosinadeda:

the ref is a bastard o, y did mikel get booked

COS THE REF WAS THE 12TH MEMBER OF THE BLACK STARS TEAM, AND IN THE SPIRIT OF FAIR PLAY HAD TO TAKE WAY MENSAH SO THAT IT WILL BE 11:11
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tlops(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2008
does kanu have a terminal injury? how come he never played beyond the first match, our boys too enjoy for ghana too much of dokunu and Banku (corn food) na im finish them
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2008
cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by doyindamus: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2008
AND WE SHOULD THANK NWANERI FOR SERVICES RENDERED AND ENFORCE HIS RETIREMENT.

PLEASE, HIS PRESENCE IS DEBILITATING RATHER THAN AIDING OUR CAUSE.

LET US PLAY THREE AT THE BACK.

NO BE BY FORCE TO HAVE A RIGHT BACK. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kliverpool(m): 8:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
what is the work of a coach?
we had a penalty and a man sent off for us yet our coach can not make any
change that will make the extra man count 2bad
siasia will do better
Berti must go
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Delta007(m): 8:15pm On Feb 03, 2008
MOM = Berti Dummy Vogts.

What a self-servicer!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2008
cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Chacal: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2008
This is pathetic.
Berti Vogts is a bloody plonker.
Game tied at 1-1 . . . . .Ghana lost a man and Nigeria couldn't turn that situation to their advantage.
4-3-3 should have changed to 4-2-4 if i was Vogts.

Essien was their powerhouse in the midfield . . . he was moved to the defence to plug the hole left by Mensah. . .
A very good manager should have added more personnel in the attack area to replace Yakubu and Uche who were tired.
Bring on Utaka and Martins(fresh legs) to RUN Michael Essien ragged and get the goals. . . .

This game should have ended 3-1 or 4-1 to Nigeria but Berti's negativity got the better of him.
Nigeria deserved to lose.
End of.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2008
kliverpool:

what is the work of a coach?
we had a penalty and a man sent off for us yet our coach can not make any
change that will make the extra man count 2bad
siasia will do better
Berti must go

SECONDED, THIRDED, FOURTHED 5THED,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2008
i LOVE YOU GHANA, THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! NIGERIANS ARE STILL SURFERING FROM A DISEASE CALLED COLONIAL MENTALITY !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tosinadeda: 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2008
i cant shout o
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by doyindamus: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
I-man:

We started with 3 strikers-Yakubu,Osaze and Uche-in a 4-3-3 formation which changes to 4-5-1 when we are defending.If he had brought on another striker,we would have had 4 strikers on the pitch.

However,he could have simply changed to a 4-4-2 formation,instead of a 3 man central midfield,and brought on a winger like Utaka and told either Uche or Osaze to play more centrally.

I-MAN. . .OSAZE AND UCHE DID NOT PLAY AS FORWARDS. THEY WERE MORE LIKE WINGERS.

E NO CHANGE TO ANY KAIN 4-3-3. THEY LEFT YAK EVEN AGAINST TEN MEN TO PLOUGH A LONE FURROW.

AND I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT, MIKEL'S STRENGTH IS NOT GOING FORWARD. HIS STRENGTH IS KEEPING HOLD OF POSSESION AT THE CENTRE.
IF YOU ARE PLAYING A THREE MAN MIDFIELD IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ONE OF THE MIDFIELDERS SUPPORT THE STRIKER. OLOFINJANA SHOULD HAVE PLAYED AHEAD OF MIKEL NOT VICE VERSA.

AND WHEN GHANA COM SCORE, WHAT DID THE IDIOT DO-----HE DECIDED TO MAKE A CHANGE.

KAI NA GOD GO PUNISH AM angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SweetT1: 8:20pm On Feb 03, 2008
kofi nene ajepe ajengbe, gbogbo won ti segbe danu oo. eh eh eh gbogbo won ti segbe danu o, aoti se yi sii ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by doyindamus: 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2008
AND THE DAY ANYONE TELLS ME WE SHOULD GET A FOREIGN COACH

I WILL GET MENTAL. . .I SWEAR. . .I WILL LOSE IT

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by deor03(m): 8:21pm On Feb 03, 2008
for me the cause of the defeat is Vots. Yakubu became obviusly redundant around the 65th-70th minute. That was when he should have brought in Obafemi martins to pair up with uche. But the guy was just looking .

Eguaveon would have done better. It is just this problem with this[b] WHITE-MAN SYNDROME[/b].
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2008
We've just been delivered, thank God
i'll never watch those farts play again

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012 / Pinnick And Gernot Rohr Visit Ikeme In London (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.