Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25294 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2008
sometimes i dont understand NIGERIANS

u go to Ghana every body , every thing that moves supports their team

u come to Nigeria half of the people are supporting Ghana to win another group are undecided, the very few supporting r Nigeria are not compared to the many against

so if u do a simple maths, add the Nigerians + the Ghana fans = Black stars

then we would start shouting, sack vogts sack kanu when we r not even encouraging them

thats really bad

it is only in Nigeria that most people would want to Kill u for initial error(first impression)

Nigeria would win, even if Ghana is playing better, they would do all the playing and we would be scoring all the goals

cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by delegiwa(m): 8:39pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Kaecy5, I feel u my brother. 99% of my very self wants the Eagles (no what anyone calls them) to win come Sunday but 1% of me, that has analyzed what we have played so far is so afraid to even want to believe that we can do it. I love my country, but believe me that if we had lost yesterday, so many things would've been righted now as we speak. My fear is just that a win against Ghana will make us 4get that something is wrong with our football bearing in mind that South Africa 2010 is just here.

Well, I wish them luck, but,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2008
Yeah We wish they win but they can't continue playing like this, If they do then I'm sorry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by prince84(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2008
@ all posters

i dont have any words i ll wait till sunday lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by bagoma(f): 8:56pm On Jan 30, 2008
i dont know what change can take place in four days? the eagles we have seen so far in this competition cannot beat Ghana. FACT
i dont know if we would see a different set of (the same)players come our game against the black stars.
but the Nigerian always has a way of beating all expectations! when u think we would win hands down we struggle or sometimes lose but against all odds they sometimes pull through.
who knows what match-day holds?
In football anything can happen.
its possible to beat Ghana and beat them WELL but that is just patriotic me speaking.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2008
Some people are tryiiing to link this what happened to France during the world Cup but NIgeria ain't France and Nations Cup is different from World Cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by delegiwa(m): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2008
@bagoma, u mean that is your "wishful thinking self"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Capone(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2008
I know it is difficult to predict a win for Nigeria.
But as a proud Nigerian I must support Nigeria to the end.
Atleast no Ghanaian will support Nigeria.
So to your tents O'Israel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by toluxa1(m): 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2008
The fact that we could qualify for the QF means we still have alot to do at this NC. We will beat Ghana and once we do that, we will surely win this cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Seun(m): 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
We were just lucky to qualify. The only team we have defeated in this competition is Benin Republic. We have no reason to be optimistic unless Ghana is fumbling.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2008
Thank you Seun, that's what I want people to know. Well some people say we are not being patriotic
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2008
bagoma:

i don't know what change can take place in four days? the eagles we have seen so far in this competition cannot beat Ghana. FACT
its possible to beat Ghana and beat them WELL but that is just patriotic me speaking.

@bagoma

u dont need to be a football coach to see the major problem with most of the African team

especially Ghana and Cameron- the error is simple which simply is the defenders are OLD , HEAVY and SLOW

if u have good fast pacer for wingers with good sharp shooters we would be able to win any team in the tournament

but of course- our uncle Utaka has grown fat, and Yakongo - is competing with Shittu for size even though shittu can carry himself around and Yakongo cant risk it

we saw Osaze was fantastic the previous game cos he was running up and down that wing posing a threat.

u could see the first goal came from the wings with a good cross, but on the other side our right wing is dead, Utaka is noting to write home about

well we all know our NFA for whom they r, if not going to the world cup could not teach them a lesson i dont think losing out in this championship would
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by bagoma(f): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2008
delegiwa:

@bagoma, u mean that is your "wishful thinking self"
delegiwa, you got me there! cheesy

kaecy5:

@bagoma
well we all know our NFA for whom they r, if not going to the world cup could not teach them a lesson i don't think losing out in this championship would
i agree with you here.
but it must also be said that not only is the NFA to blame for this "shambolic" performance we have seen so far the players themselves have a huge chunk of the pile to swallow as well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Xolokristo(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2008
Whether you like it or not, Nigeria will mumble and Fumble into the finals, and i see 9ja` playing Cote d' Ivoire in the finals and guess what?, we will kick the ass of Cote d' Ivoire, He that laugh last laugh best!,
God Bless 9ja`!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Lady2(f): 10:24pm On Jan 30, 2008
look people, what happened with Benin and CIV and Mali was divine intervention, that's to say that the Cup is meant to be ours.
If we were able to bounce back ah abeg the cup is ours o (by the grace of God).

Ghana better not even try to start celebrating, what kind of rubbish is that?

abeg NIGERIA WILL WIN O!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
Essien vs Mikel Obi, Intresting ------- PLEEEEEEEASE!

Some comments are not worthy of publishing.
Although they all are classified good. comparing Essien to Obi is not right.

Please guys, wake up before the CAN2008 completes.

GHANA is in for a no mercy spanking.
Let anyone, who wishes to have a name change have his name changed now.
A blow inevitably yours ,

4 - 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2008
@Ghana4lyf
So you intentionally registered just for this post
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Mangod(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
Lord, hold our Flying Eagles in your loving hands. Protect them as they play and win Black Stars.
Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen
I have hope in these boys. God bless you as you keep supporting our team. I believe most Nigerians,
love all the symbols of our greatness: our flag, our anthem, our history, and our culture. I have sworn
my life to defending the principles upon which this country was founded, and I do believe with all my heart
that our nation is special and unique.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 11:41pm On Jan 30, 2008
www.nairaland.com/attachments/63739_nigflag_gifecf75ba1fb1179de98ac03375e651b86
[size=14pt]Yeah! only divine intervention could work out for Nigeria this time around though I don't believe there is divine intervention in football[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 12:09am On Jan 31, 2008
Now you are realistic.
Divine may exist but since God is not bias, and God helps those who help themselves,
he leaves the rest to be determined by the BS.
And we say 4-0. A remix of what we did
(Forgive me for reminding you of your sorrows - May that game rest in peace)

Dont say I didn't tell you oooo(holding my left ear) -- DELIVER NAIJA FROM GYAN,

Enjoy this http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/251.7/popup/index.php?cl=6156622

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 12:23am On Jan 31, 2008
The Naija Flag is Still.
Even the flag is scared.

See the GH flag.
Full of joy.
Full of vision.
Full of Goals
Full of Bravery
Very Optimistic

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by timbahama(m): 12:28am On Jan 31, 2008
@folahann
ghanaians are calling our team super chickens right!!!!!!!!! let them say whatever they like .I would say lets wait till sunday.
they say "pride goes before a fall" they are so convinced they would win us. lets wait and see
to Nigerians that are supporting Ghana to beat us  because the Nigerian team did  not impress us in the group stages does not mean we should give up all hope. even if we lose we should still encourage our team. ghanaians would never support nigeria to defeat their team, NEVER
finally, our team should up their game if they are to get a positve result,I believe we can do it.

ASAMOAH GYAN is grossly overrated,
lets hope we dont play against the referee as well, remember Nigeria vs tunisia CAN 2004
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2008
Yeessss!!!!!! let's do this let's do this!!!!! go Super ChickensEagles goooooooo !!!!!! come on
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 1:04am On Jan 31, 2008
[size=24pt]This is going to fly no more[/size]

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by timbahama(m): 2:53am On Jan 31, 2008
folahann:

Yeessss!!!!!! let's do this let's do this!!!!! go Super ChickensEagles goooooooo !!!!!! come on

Thats the spirit, GO SUPER EAGLES
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by megasoccer(m): 3:09am On Jan 31, 2008
@All

lets be patriotic as 1 nigerians, we knew that ours boys have not been doing us proud before, but I think they have really tried their best, most especially in our last game against the Benin Republicans, and match after match I see changes, and new dawn of improvement, I'm quite sure that if they could play as one team with high spirit of determination and with our prayers as a whole they would do us proud, and defeat the black * of Ghana,

lets be mindful of this, that nigeria is God's own country, and he that has led us out of the land of the first round will surely make us scale through them land of the quarter final, as well and not only that, he is right on our side, to help us in uplifting the cup,

lets be optimistic, that this boys will surely bring down the cup to Nigeria, as their successors had did in the 90's, The Lord who has helped them then, he's still alive now, and he will surely help us,

Here's my law: [/color]"Determination is directly proportionally to success, provided that prayer is kept constant!" --------[color=#990000]Nathaniel Ola

up Nigeria, up Nigeria, up Nigeria, up Nigeria, up Nigeria, up Nigeria,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by lawyer(m): 3:25am On Jan 31, 2008
i actually believe the super eagles will get the final of this competition. Agreed they messed up doing the preliminaries and didnt inspire much confidence in the fans but you have to look deeper at berti vogts plans for this eagles in this competition. I liken him to dino zoff of italy that took italy to the Euro 2000 finals. Berti vogts is a sweat merchant and believes more in a defensive approach to winning a match than attacking. Coaches like this dont win matches by 5-0 or 4-1 but like very slim victories with a tight defensive fiscal policy.

So far so good, the team has only conceeded one goal and that goal was due to the error of yobo not sticking himself out but he has been able to make taiye taiwo sit back more, shittu control the defence and yobo sitting back more, hereby giving ejide the much desired cover.

Talking of Ejide, i think he is a very very good goal keeper and it would be very difficult for teams to score against him.

I believe vogts plan is to keep things as tight as possible from now and he would look more to training them for penalties or probably sneak in that single goal and defend for 89 minutes which i think they are now capable for.

Dont lose hope now and watch another kind of super eagles in action. Its a whole new ball game now and its all about knocking a team out and not scoring 500 goals and i think vogts is very capable of achieving that due to his german heritage and footballing culture.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by qimpex: 3:34am On Jan 31, 2008
Anything but 2-1 in favor of Nigeria will be miserable.I can't stand more teasing from all my "Charlies",My Ghananian buddies have been on my neck since we lost to CIV.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 4:47am On Jan 31, 2008
Winner of Ghana vs Naija is the Winner of this CAN2008.
Mention your coach's defensive techniques or what ever you can think about.
Sule will Launch a Missile (Shot of mass destruction) through the thick defense
to disperse the glove protected hand of Ejedi -- right into the right conner of the Naija post.

We fear no one even CIV who you so much fear.
We would trample on them. Egypt has already be shaken.
Cameroon is building up. And a build up from Cameroon surely would
hit Naija first before it gets to Ghana.

From all indications, We have won.
As Sunday appears too far away from me, I can't wait to
rephrase honorable Dr. Kwame Nkrumah's Independence Statement

"At Long Last, The Battle Has Ended, And Naija the Defeated Country, Is Silenced Forever"

Meet me on a next post and I'd tell you exactly how everyone is going to play. Both BS and SC (Former SE).

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by A2J(m): 5:23am On Jan 31, 2008
Everything in Ghana will be against Nigeria winning that match, including the referee,weather,CAF itself and even the ball will be against Nigeria

when match fixing scandals are flying here and there,so what you expect,Ghana will fix the match and win it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ayexel: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2008
@choko nigeria cant be trusted because u cant be trusted.nigeria 1 ghana0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kelvin(m): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2008
@ A2J
The Ghanians don't have to fix a match to win it. But I am very optimistic they will meet a brick wall on sunday. They have already downrated Nigeria and I guess we can use that to our advantage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ryan Shawcross Suffered Ankle Break In Match Against Leicester (Photos) / Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.