Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25303 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by comechop(m): 10:34pm On Feb 03, 2008
@ SWEET TEA
wow I have no words for your ignorance. You are one of those faceless and nameless people on the internet who's power is in their keyboard. All you've been doing is talk smack and rubbish.
It was just a game, no need for name calling or such infantile behavior that you are exhibiting. Nigeria lost to a better team. The coaching was terrible and the defense was nothing to write home about. I mean that second goal,
But ya back to you Sweet tea, just stop being immature and silly with your comments. Except ofcourse you are a little pre-adolescent boy.
I dont have your time so dont expect another response. I'm not even going to read this thread anymore so there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2008
Miss of the century by Aruna Dindane dribbled Keeper and blew it
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dayokanu(m): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
See Drogba look after that goal like say "I TOO MUCH"
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Wilmart(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hmnnn,,,,This Ghana /Nigeria match is very bad lol
The boys fumbled and wobbled,, OOPs .I will now go on Hunger strike till we have positive changes on our next encounters in future.What a peculiar mess oooooooopssssssssssssssssssssss sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by stranger12: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2008
The better team won. I think the FIFA ranking can now comfortably put Nigeria in the lower ranks

Both players and coach alike had no passion to win although I noticed uche/odemwingie/shittu wanted something from the game

I understand the NFA has no passion either. Money seems to be their only goal.

Something is definitely not right with Nigeria. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Opoki(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2008
I knew nigeria will loose the match even when we are leading with a goal,
Coz if the like of aiyegbeni is on the pitch,out of 4 clear chances,
Hardly can he utilizes one,
Not alone,he will be running like someone who has a boil underneath.

But it's a pity that i don't see my boy Uche scoring his first debut goal for Nigeria sad sad sad
Anyway better chance is still coming on the way by 2010 God willing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by segun4God(m): 11:49pm On Feb 03, 2008
MY FREINDS OF THEM TRY YOU DON'T HEAR CONMENTATOR SAID, WILL HAVE A GOOD PLAYER BUT WE ARE UNLOCKY. SO PLS STOP ABUSE ANY OF THEM THEY TRY. SO LET ACCEPT THAT FOR NOW.

SHALOM
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 11:53pm On Feb 03, 2008
[b]-I said it in d begining that we shal loose, some people were doubting me and casting the stupid votes that Nigeria will win the match grin
-Vogt is tacticaly useless. How can a coach forget to make our attack a 4 man so as to beef up the midfield since Ghana were 1 man down?

-I watched the match in my grandmothers hotel room and she made comment that made me know she could coach better than Vogt. Vogt is a slowpoke

- The shameful part of the match is that Ghana were one man down and they won us. When u are 1 man down it is 90% sure that u have lost the match to the opposing team

- The first goal was a bit of defenders fault and more of Ejide fault. Ejide should have stayed in his line so as to avert the ball passing him thru. That is the weakest goal ive seen in the tournament. Ejide has a spirit of bad luck in him. Enyeama has good spirit that can cordinate our defence properly to avert goals

-Vogt should have put Obafemi and Utaka around the 70mins of the match to add strength and fire power to the attack.

- Vogt took them to Malaga and made them to practise table tennis, handball, lawntennis, swimming,kickboxing, baseball as a means of training the players. Who have seen such b4. He even took them to a cold region to camp where the temperature is below 20oC.
Vogt coaches us in his bedroom in germany while sleeping with his wife sending emails to Equavon and the rest players on what to do

-Mark my words. Vogt will be fired before 2 weeks from the said date

-Kanu should retire and go into coaching. Just a little breakdwon he has a long term injury. This is why we lie about our age. Kanu is above 40 years old

-The Eagles should be coming back to Nigeria with Luxury buses and not airplane because it will be disastrous wasting our income.

-Lets Hope we can qualify for 2010 nations cup/world cup, We are ruined[/b] cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 12:15am On Feb 04, 2008
CIV 5- Guinea 0. Check out this score. What a mess for Nigeria. The Super eagles should be sent to Guardroom/military barracks and be flogged on there buttocks 100 sticks of horse whips for disgracing us.

Up Cote d Voire. They made us proud for being in the quarterfinal. The will win the nations cup. I will meet the Eagles for Young shall grow park at Maza Maza park tomorrow to welcome them home. angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by hahaha2(m): 12:43am On Feb 04, 2008
I honestly do not know why we are being so hard on these guys, in all the comments i read only 1 or 2 peps gave any form of encouragement to the eagles. This match against ghana was 1 of our better performances if not the best so far in this tournament.
We lost our concentration in defense twice and the ghananians took full advantage on both occasions, and we missed the chances
we created.
I dont feel we shud sack vogts cos will just be startin all ova again.
There was som steady improvement under Vogts
1st game- loss 2nd game- draw 3rd-win 4th-very narrow loss
He also discovered som very good players in SHITTU, UCHE and EJIDE.
So PLS give vogts time and so he can build a formidable team.
Besides that REF was kinda PROghana(afterthought).

IVORY COAST ALL THE WAY.

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 12:59am On Feb 04, 2008
WE HAVE A FIGHTING SPIRIT.

ONE MAN DOWN MEANS ONE ADDITIONAL MAN'S STRENGTH

SO TRUTHFULLY WHILST YOU SAW IT AS 10 AGAINST 11
IT WAS ACTUALLY 12 AGAINST 11

THANKS FOR SHOWING US HOW GOOD WE PLAY

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2008

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Ghana4lyf: 1:17am On Feb 04, 2008

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Gbosko: 1:35am On Feb 04, 2008
@Ghana4lyf

Hey Ossei Bragat, you're getting pretty excited. Your team ain't the best team in the tournament though. Winning against a Super Eagles that is in its all-time-low doesn't mean you've got a great team. You know why? Cos you ass is about to be whooped by Cameroun. If you escape Cameroun, what about CIV or Egypt? All these teams will surely kill off Ghana. Enjoy the euphoria of the moment but know that you dont have a nations cup winning squad. We've dubbed our Super Eagles as "Super Chickens". I bet you'll soon be calling your Black Stars- Dumb Stars! cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by aburo(m): 1:55am On Feb 04, 2008
Chai. cry
I till no fit sleep.
How will i face people in the office tomorrow?
The super fowlsdon finish me. Who say make i look thematch?

NFA should be scaked.
Vogts? My grand mother sabi footbal pass the man.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Esss(m): 4:53am On Feb 04, 2008
Speaking of yesterdays match, I am lost for words. One red card, one penalty, and yet. Ghana one man down and look at how the team played.

I still insist that Vogts Wagen should be sacked.

Congrats super eagles, They played their best match so far in the tournament against Ghana in the First half and Frist 10min of the second half.

That match was lost on technicality. The Ghanaian coach was fantastic. Look at what he did, his team goes one man down, he immediately makes some really good changes, and our boys just could not keep up. Draman & kingston was all it took to turn the ghanain team around.

The good thing is that we now know that we do not have a team. Alot of these boys should and would be dropped. New talents have also been found, and some of them still need some fine tuning.

We really need to find strikers. Boys that can shoot and not miss. Taye, Yobo, Danny boi and Nwaneri Played well in defense, Nsofor, Uche and Osaze played well on the wings. the rest should be flogged and relieved of their jerseys.

One naija. Dry bones shall rise again, but not this year.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kelvin(m): 6:20am On Feb 04, 2008
Nobody should be sacked. Everytime our players get accustomed to a new coach and he looses the next thing is everybody calling for his head. Have we never stopped to think of what the different coaches and different tactics and coaching style is doing to our players.

The Super Eagles performance was not so bad, just unlucky in finding the back of the net. If we admit, for a moment, we all thought the Super Eagles would win, and that's because they tried their best under the circumstances.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kelvin(m): 6:56am On Feb 04, 2008
I think the Super Eagles biggest problem is the supporters club. They get too emotionally attached to the match and fail to cheer the team. Look at the match against Benin. Their supporters kept on cheering despite the fact that they were never going to make it to the next round and the Super Eagles were trashing them 2-nil.

But with our supporters, its always different. We saw it against Cote D'Ivoire after the first goal. Then against Mali, when it looked like we won't go past the group stages. I mean, they are supposed to keep the spirit alive like their predecessors did in Atlanta.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by otokx(m): 7:26am On Feb 04, 2008
How can you cheer nonsense? I have never seen such a tactical misnomer in my entire life; one man up and then defending a draw awaiting a penalty. Claude Le Roy is sure a better coach and the Ghanaians and indeed other African countries are ready to go the extra mile.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Gbosko: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2008
@Kelvin

Mr Kelvin Von Eric! You sound so clueless, I wonder if you're using your anus to think rather than your brain!

1. Sam Allardyce, Jose Ramos, McLaren and even our "Barren Goat" Berti Vogts are all coaches paid to deliver results. When they fail to deliver the natural, consequence is to get sacked. Chikena! You bought a Rotweiller to chew the day light out of armed robbers and all your enemies but each time the criminals show up, the fucking dog goes to hide under your bed!, You'll keep patronising the dog Nhhnn? I bet you'll sell off the idiot and buy a more business like dog.

2. Kelvin mugun! the job of the members of the supporters' club is to get so emotionally attached to the game that they'll stay away from work and normal daily life, sell their properties, and raise enough money to go and shout themselves hoarse in support of their team while you sit up in your bed smooshing your girl friend and use your 1/4 opened eyes to watch the match.

3. Can you listen to yourself! You're playing a match and you and your coach are both clearly incompetent. You become so lost for ideas and clueless that the next thing you do is to look at that poor man in the gallery who had been noding in approval and cheering endlessly at every move you make(both the sensible and the obviously stupid ones) and blame him for your impotence?%%$##bitch@@Fool.com??!!!

4.Did Cameroun need supporters club to whoop super eagles right in front of OBJ at the finals in 2000? Did Brazil need cheering to win the world cup in 2006? When a lazy and lame husband gets his arse kicked he will turn around and blame his wife.

Finally, we dont need the NFA, Bert Vogts and all people of your species around our football. With your line of thinking, I'm afraid we may likely not qualify for the 2010 world cup. Kelvin, I hereby give you a [b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]RED CARD. GBAM!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 8:34am On Feb 04, 2008
I told you people that i was going to remain cool until today, no be so tongue HIA!!! grin
Where is oziomaradio abi na oziomatv? boy, my hubby n baby dey wait for u oooooo embarassed i shame for u sef embarassed embarassed tongue
hehehehehe heeeeeee teeeeee heeeeeeee grin grin grin

No matter how far the EAGLE flies, the sky is surely the permanent HOME for the STAR kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jinworm: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2008
damn those blundering ammatuers. they are all plonkers.
FGN shud send them molue to convey them back.
fu*cking super headless chickens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Modups1(f): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2008
kelvin:

I think the Super Eagles biggest problem is the supporters club. They get too emotionally attached to the match and fail to cheer the team.

kelvin can u just hear urself? is it d supporters club dat will determine d outcome of any match abi d players on d field & d ref?
so d eagles should wait to be cheered b4 doing their nation proud
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jinworm: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2008
check out drogba posing like a king after scoring that superlative goal.
its a shame on nigeria super vultures.
they are ol vultures except udemwingie, shittu and uche. fu*ck them all.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Kemjisuper(m): 9:29am On Feb 04, 2008
Hey guys, I won N3,500 betting against Naija yesterday! Wow, never knew betting on Naija's loss could be profitable. Next time, I'll up my stakes grin

Thanks a mil, Super Eagles Chickens grin

Cheers till 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 9:36am On Feb 04, 2008
IN FACT LAST NIGHT WAS ONE OF MY WORST DAYS
I DONT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO GO THE STADIUM TO WATCH A MATCH
BUT FOR ONCE I WENT TO THE OHENE DJAN SPORTS STADIUM IN ACCRA
I MUST CONFESS THE GHANA HOME SUPPORT WAS DEFEANING FRM START OF THE MATCH TILL END
OUR SUPPORTERS UNION JUST WENT THERE FOR SIGHT SEEING
THEY SHDNDT HAV GONE TO THE STADIUM SEF
CHEIIIIIIIIII MY GHANA FRIENDS DON LAUGH ME DIE
WHICH KIND YAWA BE DIS
AM STILL TRYING TO RECOVER
I DON OFF MY FONE SEF.
THEN STILL DEY LAUGH ME
CHAIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jmichael90: 9:54am On Feb 04, 2008
Who was that bitch that lifted berty vogt up when we won benin. smiley)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by BlackEbony(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2008
Its a just results I have said earlier on this forum that we (this team) are not 'hungry for victory' hence this outcome but I would suggest Nigeria to allow the boys (& coach) to remain together in order to concentrate on the upcoming world cup campaign because any change in this team might lead to lack of understanding among the team and we all know there's little time for proper preparations! So better luck next time guys!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by blackmann(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2008
That is what i call patriotism on the part of The Ghanian players. I mean your team is one goal down, u guys equalise, then your main center-back and captain of the team is sent off. Still you manage to beat a team that has more numbers than you on the pitch. at a point i thot it was our team that was one man down. That is what being a hero of your country is all about. Whaqt was obinna looking at while draman stood waiting for support before the second goal? Our team needs to be disbanded and re-shuffled. May the soul of Yemi Tella rest in peace, i'm very sure he would have sat up and groomed those U-17 kids to finesse. Such appalling players we have.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ken82(m): 10:28am On Feb 04, 2008
Eagles have no future with vogts
he should be sack
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by djfiki: 10:37am On Feb 04, 2008
Berti vogts is the worst manager Nigeria has employed in recent times. He doesnt know shit. Chukwu, siasia and our other nigerian managers would do better than this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Modups1(f): 10:45am On Feb 04, 2008
d unfortunate thing is dat we would be d 1st to criticise our local coaches if employed. we will want to tell dem wat to do and who to put on d field self

blackmann:

Whaqt was obinna looking at while draman stood waiting for support before the second goal?

i was also wondering if they were hypnotised by d lites in d stadium cos i still cannot understand why they just stood there at d post while agogo went to score!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012 / Pinnick And Gernot Rohr Visit Ikeme In London (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.