Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (27012 Views)

Muslims Will Go To Heaven More Than Christians If... / Are Muslims Truly More Than Christians In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 04, 2012
yah:
Now this is interesting, someone is trying to save an atheist (a foolish waste of time). Let the atheists be, they seem to be enjoying themselves at the expense of the christians on the board. A muslim is still ways better than an atheist, i will rather preach to a muslim (even if it ends in my decapitation).

So you prefer a murderer to a simple non-believer in god?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: what is just.

what does "just" mean? By what metric is it measured?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

The toothfairy isnt used as a guide for morality and laws forced on atheists by you christians, is it?

Use your brain

and those laws are?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by amefi(m): 12:52am On Nov 04, 2012
The existence of God and the principles of His kingdom are foolishness to those that are perishing...
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 04, 2012
amefi: The existence of God and the principles of His kingdom are foolishness to those that are perishing...

Who be dis?

Tell me, are you better off than the 64% of Japanese that dont believe in god?

Dey suffer there preparing for imaginary heaven while others are making good use of their lives.

#YOLO

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

and those laws are?

Blasphemy laws in the UK

Anti-abortion laws in the USA

Tax deductible status of churches in many countries

etc
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 12:59am On Nov 04, 2012
amefi: The existence of God and the principles of His kingdom are foolishness to those that are perishing...
another unfortunate hound!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: another unfortunate hound!

I wonder why Lord babs is trying so hard to avoid the questions put to him.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:07am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

what does "just" mean? By what metric is it measured?
do I look like someone you can twist with your evil warped doctrines? Now I'll tell u what is not just, so that you can appreciate what is just. It is unjust to say jesus(that we don't even know nor had a sensible reason to believe he ever existed) is the only way to eternal bliss, thereby damning the largest populace who don't believe in jesus and are largely better than those who believe in jesus. Comprehendi?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Blasphemy laws in the UK

Anti-abortion laws in the USA

Tax deductible status of churches in many countries

etc

you're either dishonest or not very smart.

1. Blasphemy laws have more to do with placating muslims... perhaps you need to direct your thread there.

2. Anti-abortion laws... i dont understand what laws you are crying about in particular. In almost all US states, abortion can be obtained. Besides it is the US supreme court containing prominent christians has fought to keep abortion out of the purview of the state. It is perfectly legal for you to start your own tax exempt organisation.

3. Tax deductible status of the church... and this worries you how? Mosques, charitable organizations... are all tax exempt so the problem here is?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: do I look like someone you can twist with your evil warped doctrines? Now I'll tell u what is not just, so that you can appreciate what is just. It is unjust to say jesus(that we don't even know nor had a sensible reason to believe he ever existed) is the only way to eternal bliss, thereby damning the largest populace who don't believe in jesus and are largely better than those who believe in jesus. Comprehendi?

I asked you a very simple question. It is either you know the answer or not rather than whining all over the place.

You agree with the thread that atheists are more "moral" than christians... well can you DEFINE what "moral" means and by what metric it is measured? Very simple.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:11am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

I wonder why Lord babs is trying so hard to avoid the questions put to him.
i like you. You're very seductive. Unfortunately, i'm not your prey. Try elsewhere!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 04, 2012
I believe in God d father almighty d creator of d haven and d Earth we all live in. Broda u can't state from ur sentimental statistics n logical bigotory that atheism is morally brittled than christianity. Now am not trying to start a fight but think of it this way; how did man come into being? how did man get his intelligence? hw did the intelligence of man yield to his existence in visualising d supernatural? You see if u weigh the complication of things around you, you can go nuts. Pls there is a God. To ur argument I think you r judgeing individuals not their religion. Mans heart controls his action more than his religion but it depends on his love and loyalty to his religion.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: i like you. You're very seductive. Unfortunately, i'm not your prey. Try elsewhere!

the problem is many of you are just airheads. You pontificate about something you have no clear understanding of.

How can you agree with a thread whose central treatise you cannot even articulate coherently? Odd.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

you're either dishonest or not very smart.

From a serial liar like you, that must mean that I'm quite smart grin grin

davidylan:
1. Blasphemy laws have more to do with placating muslims... perhaps you need to direct your thread there.

Christian blasphemy laws still exist in the UK. You are a christian.

davidylan:
2. Anti-abortion laws... i dont understand what laws you are crying about in particular. In almost all US states, abortion can be obtained. Besides it is the US supreme court containing prominent christians has fought to keep abortion out of the purview of the state.

See this dishonest fellow. Arent your christian conservatives in the USA tabling bills to overturn Roe v Wade? Are they not pledging to change/overturn abortion laws?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States#The_U.S._Republican_Party
http://www.salon.com/2012/10/24/how_the_right_plans_to_overturn_roe_v_wade/

davidylan:
3. Tax deductible status of the church... and this worries you how? Mosques, charitable organizations... are all tax exempt so the problem here is?

So because muslims do it, you wanna do it? You want the govt to give your churches tax breaks?
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordAdam: 1:16am On Nov 04, 2012
Johnwizzy: @Op if I may ask u some questions
1.Which religion r u born into-cuz u can't be born atheist
2.When did u become atheist
3.Why did u choose to be atheist

IF u can answer this questions then I ve one thing to tell u

Someone could be born to believe there is no God. It is mathematical possibility.

Then, for me i believe there is God, which makes me a THEIST. But then i believe Religion is crazy, and that makes me UNRELIGIOUS. That makes me an UNRELIGIOUS THEIST. Think it is not possible, i would give you a headstart, go into the history books. There is a God, and a very complex supernatural. But through my study of this God, he did not start religion, man did, and the result is the same as all of man's creation. This God was wise enough to put universal rules that everyone should follow, Man craving for importance among his other men sought for orders to self-interpret these rules and enjoy followership which is only a few letters short of self-worship.

Atheists have a very big disadvantage and many advantages. The big disadvantage is that they chose not to believe in God simply because they do not see why God should be celebrated by a very large proportion of people that through history have been derailed i should say. The advantages are that at the expense of not recognizing an all-knowing factor, they have been able to provide some sanity to the derailed population.

For the religious, it is business as usual, using the fact that we are all born with the free will to question our existence and striving for a connection to something higher to achieve selfish desires.

I see one similarity though. Both Atheists and the Religious theists are on each others necks, trying to show the inborn superiority complex which is the mother of all mortal crimes committed. I gave up that thinking a long time off. Now i understand things a lot better, i don't breathe on anyone's neck. I accept our differences as normal and live with my fellow man according to general rules that were left by GOD and that usually transcends religious boundaries. Unlike many, i think with a little inkling by yourself to find answers and by the divine direction of God, you would find answers, whether you are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Traditionalist, Buddhism, just as long as you believe that there is a Supreme God and a lot of basic questions that you would not be able to answer convincibly. Leave the fighting, get on with life which should be all about living for others.

Throughout my long search for this truth that i now hold, i traversed religious scribblings, atheist ideas, and one thing i found out that was uniform was that they all think that We should love one another as ourselves. Like my atheist friend said somewhere in the first page of the thread, do unto others what you think should be done to you.

The Abrahamic religions say God is Love. The eastern religions believe Love is the most powerful force in the universe. I believe in both, and my message to you this sunday morning is the message of Love. If you have it, it would remove all strife, and make your life more peaceful and meaningful. We all have our beliefs and we should hold on to them as convinced as we are, but Love is what i share with you.

Happy Sunday Folks. And may the grace of the Lord be with you all.
LordAdam over and out!

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 04, 2012
dvdon: I believe in God d father almighty d creator of d haven and d Earth we all live in. Broda u can't state from ur sentimental statistics n logical bigotory that atheism is morally brittled than christianity. Now am not trying to start a fight but think of it this way; how did man come into being? how did man get his intelligence? hw did the intelligence of man yield to his existence in visualising d supernatural? You see if u weigh the complication of things around you, you can go nuts. Pls there is a God. To ur argument I think you r judgeing individuals not their religion. Mans heart controls his action more than his religion but it depends on his love and loyalty to his religion.

Read about evolution and then come back to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:
From a serial liar like you, that must mean that I'm quite smart grin grin

I think anyone reading this thread has already formed their opinion about your acclaimed smarts. No point making more of a mockery of your lack of intellect.

Logicboy03:
Christian blasphemy laws still exist in the UK. You are a christian.

and that is our problem why?

Logicboy03:
See this dishonest fellow. Arent your christian conservatives in the USA tabling bills to overturn Roe v Wade? Are they not pledging to change/overturn abortion laws?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States#The_U.S._Republican_Party
http://www.salon.com/2012/10/24/how_the_right_plans_to_overturn_roe_v_wade/

Neither party is going to push to overturn Roe v. Wade so wake up from your delirium.

Logicboy03:
So because muslims do it, you wanna do it? You want the govt to give your churches tax breaks?

Your point? Churches, mosques... are all defined as "charitable organizations" and thus tax exempt. It is not solely a gift to the church. Like i said, you can start your own and stop paying taxes if that is your problem.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:

Read about evolution and then come back to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution

lol, you really are a strange piece of work. grin
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by daryoor(m): 1:22am On Nov 04, 2012
whats the difference between an atheist and a christain/muslim?
An atheist believes in one god less than a muslim/christain.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:24am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

I asked you a very simple question. It is either you know the answer or not rather than whining all over the place.

You agree with the thread that atheists are more "moral" than christians... well can you DEFINE what "moral" means and by what metric it is measured? Very simple.
morality is couched by the rightness of an action, anchored on the singular fulcrum of COMMON SENSE. Atheists exhibit more of this (un)common sense. Theists frown against this (un)common sense as a yardstick to knowing the acceptable patterns of behaviour in a given situation. They rather ignorantly and sheepishly clutch on faith, based on the dictates of a somewhat irrational deity, and the morass of confusion of a mentally deranged pedagogue called the deity's heir.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

I think anyone reading this thread has already formed their opinion about your acclaimed smarts. No point making more of a mockery of your lack of intellect.

lol...of course, any fundamentalist christian will run away from the truth presented here and would certainly see this as foolish. But then, fundamentalists arent smart cheesy

davidylan:
and that is our problem why?

I just love your christian lack of empathy for injustice,

davidylan:
Neither party is going to push to overturn Roe v. Wade so wake up from your delirium.

Seriously? Did you really type that lie with a straight face?

davidylan:
Your point? Churches, mosques... are all defined as "charitable organizations" and thus tax exempt. It is not solely a gift to the church. Like i said, you can start your own and stop paying taxes if that is your problem.

Churches are not charitable organisations. Their main mission is not to spend money on charity but rather gather followers. Charity ould be 0.001% of their income and they would still be tax exempt.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by daryoor(m): 1:28am On Nov 04, 2012
we found fossils of creatures that lived on earth millions of years ago. I guess that must have been when the earth was dark and without form. Lol
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

lol, you really are a strange piece of work. grin

Telling someone to read is now strange?

Some of you christians really hate knowledge.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: morality is couched by the rightness of an action, anchored on the singular fulcrum of COMMON SENSE. Atheists exhibit more of this (un)common sense. Theists frown against this (un)common sense as a yardstick to knowing the acceptable patterns of behaviour in a given situation. They rather ignorantly and sheepishly clutch on faith, based on the dictates of a somewhat irrational deity, and the morass of confusion of a mentally deranged pedagogue called the deity's heir.

All these incoherent bluster is for what really? Do you no longer understand the meaning of the word DEFINE?

How is it possible to know what morality is couched in or anchored on when you cant even define it in its simplest terms? what is the metric by which morality is measured?

And to think you're accusing others of "ignorance"? Who exactly are these folks who feel they need to post on a thread that is clearly not within their sphere of comprehension?
daryoor: whats the difference between an atheist and a christain/muslim?
An atheist believes in one god less than a muslim/christain.

Tell them
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: morality is couched by the rightness of an action, anchored on the singular fulcrum of COMMON SENSE. Atheists exhibit more of this (un)common sense. Theists frown against this (un)common sense as a yardstick to knowing the acceptable patterns of behaviour in a given situation. They rather ignorantly and sheepishly clutch on faith, based on the dictates of a somewhat irrational deity, and the morass of confusion of a mentally deranged pedagogue called the deity's heir.

How I wish those atheists such as Stalin , Chairman Mao and co had the common sense to avoid the greatest bloodbath of human history in the first half of the 20th century.

I repeat , only a FOOL will come a conclusion that God does not exist and you do not have to be a Christian or Muslim to believe that a GOD exists.

You and your cohorts are atheist wannabes mimicking your western counterparts and slave masters ,while sounding far less intelligent in comparison.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 04, 2012
LordAdam:

Someone could be born to believe there is no God. It is mathematical possibility.

Then, for me i believe there is God, which makes me a THEIST. But then i believe Religion is crazy, and that makes me UNRELIGIOUS. That makes me an UNRELIGIOUS THEIST. Think it is not possible, i would give you a headstart, go into the history books. There is a God, and a very complex supernatural. But through my study of this God, he did not start religion, man did, and the result is the same as all of man's creation. This God was wise enough to put universal rules that everyone should follow, Man craving for importance among his other men sought for orders to self-interpret these rules and enjoy followership which is only a few letters short of self-worship.

Atheists have a very big disadvantage and many advantages. The big disadvantage is that they chose not to believe in God simply because they do not see why God should be celebrated by a very large proportion of people that through history have been derailed i should say. The advantages are that at the expense of not recognizing an all-knowing factor, they have been able to provide some sanity to the derailed population.

For the religious, it is business as usual, using the fact that we are all born with the free will to question our existence and striving for a connection to something higher to achieve selfish desires.

I see one similarity though. Both Atheists and the Religious theists are on each others necks, trying to show the inborn superiority complex which is the mother of all mortal crimes committed. I gave up that thinking a long time off. Now i understand things a lot better, i don't breathe on anyone's neck. I accept our differences as normal and live with my fellow man according to general rules that were left by GOD and that usually transcends religious boundaries. Unlike many, i think with a little inkling by yourself to find answers and by the divine direction of God, you would find answers, whether you are Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Traditionalist, Buddhism, just as long as you believe that there is a Supreme God and a lot of basic questions that you would not be able to answer convincibly. Leave the fighting, get on with life which should be all about living for others.

Throughout my long search for this truth that i now hold, i traversed religious scribblings, atheist ideas, and one thing i found out that was uniform was that they all think that We should love one another as ourselves. Like my atheist friend said somewhere in the first page of the thread, do unto others what you think should be done to you.

The Abrahamic religions say God is Love. The eastern religions believe Love is the most powerful force in the universe. I believe in both, and my message to you this sunday morning is the message of Love. If you have it, it would remove all strife, and make your life more peaceful and meaningful. We all have our beliefs and we should hold on to them as convinced as we are, but Love is what i share with you.

Happy Sunday Folks. And may the grace of the Lord be with you all.
LordAdam over and out!

You started well but your false neutrality got exposed. Inborn superiority complex? hmph!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 04, 2012
Logicboy03:
I just love your christian lack of empathy for injustice,

you seem confused. If christian blasphemy laws existed in the UK then how is it you are able to survive there as an atheist? How is Richard Dawkins able to sit there bashing christianity with all that freedom? My friend you are not talking to dolts here.

Logicboy03:
Seriously? Did you really type that lie with a straight face?

My friend, you are just as miserably ignorant of US politics as you are about most things. Democrats will never overturn Roe V. Wade and the only way republicans can even attempt that is to change the composition of the supreme court. Roe V. Wade has stood for over 30 yrs... it is going no where.

Logicboy03:
Churches are not charitable organisations. Their main mission is not to spend money on charity but rather gather followers. Charity ould be 0.001% of their income and they would still be tax exempt.

That is your opinion, unfortunately even atheist governments disagree with you.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

How I wish those atheists such as Stalin , Chairman Mao and co had the common sense to avoid the greatest bloodbath of human history in the first half of the 20th century.

I repeat , only a FOOL will come a conclusion that God does not exist and you do not have to be a Christian or Muslim to believe that a GOD exists.

You and your cohorts are atheist wannabes mimicking your western counterparts and slave masters ,while sounding far less intelligent in comparison.

Gbam! You said it far better than i could have. Just laughable reading the hubris Lord babs keeps struggling to post in a bid to feel-among.
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by LordBabs(m): 1:37am On Nov 04, 2012
davidylan:

All these incoherent bluster is for what really? Do you no longer understand the meaning of the word DEFINE?

How is it possible to know what morality is couched in or anchored on when you cant even define it in its simplest terms? what is the metric by which morality is measured?

And to think you're accusing others of "ignorance"? Who exactly are these folks who feel they need to post on a thread that is clearly not within their sphere of comprehension?
what is this man saying? Why are you this vapid? Or you just seeking mischief? You asked of the meaning of 'morality' in my own view, I gave them to you, you couldn't say 'thanks', and yet continue spiting my intelligence! Is it that you don't understand my grammar or you are one of those phony learners? Did you go to school at all? Nonsense!
Re: Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 04, 2012
frosbel:

1) Stalin and Mao did not kill because they were atheists, they killed because they had an ideology. A totalitarian ideology that was a state religion. Communism

2) Why don you forget to mention the christian Jew killer? Hitler?

3) Christianity has killed and enslaved more people than Mao, Stalin and Hitler combined. Christianity has been killing since the 11th century if not earlier.

4) If all atheists are fools, I wonder hopw you can become the Ambassador of Japan. The contradiction will kill you. 64% of Japanese are atheists who have a more moral, healthy and peaceful society than your Nigeria or America. I wonder if you could call them fools to their faces

5) Only a fool would try to call atheism a western ideology when atheism is a global disbelief that is as old as man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Church Worshippers Kill Man With Stones In Ebonyi / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.