Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help (1243 Views)

Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Xma10: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2012
Most people believe that love knows no bounds and considers no odds. Mutual giving and receiving from both parties involved. My question is; if you as a lady happen to b in a barely 6months old distant relationship and the guy asks for some money to enable him meet some needs beyond his reach. Would you succumb to that without thinking otherwise? Your candid answers please.
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 03, 2012
Giving is a task everyone should adopt..

Give to him like you're sowing a seed...

2 Likes

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Agiliti(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2012
Xma10: Most people believe that love knows no bounds and considers no odds. Mutual giving and receiving from both parties involved. My question is; if you as a lady happen to b in a barely 6months old distant relationship and the guy asks for some money to enable him meet some needs beyond his reach. Would you succumb to that without thinking otherwise? Your candid answers please.

did you mean long distance relationahip?
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 03, 2012
Agiliti:

did you mean long distance relationahip?
No sir, but long distance relationship.
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Agiliti(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2012
acidosis™:

No sir, but long distance relationship.
what...are you writing names of noise maker here ?
I'm asking the OP if she meant she was in a long distant relationship or just a 6 month old relationship so i'll know the right advice for her
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2012
Agiliti:
what...are you writing names of noise maker here ?
I'm asking the OP if she meant she was in a long distant relationship or just a 6 month old relationship so i'll know the right advice for her

Look at this excerpt from her post again:

My question is: if you as a lady happen to be in a barely 6month old distant relationship...
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Amya(f): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2012
I really think it depends on how much he's asking and what you have to spare.

If what he's asking is so little you won't notice the difference in you savings, I say give. If he's asking for a sizable chunk of your savings, please don't give.

And I think the duration of your dating and that it's long distance is Immaterial.

1 Like

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by NwaTeacher1: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2012
Give and it shall giveth to you. Ur committing a man more in a r/ship when ur helping him with money but most ladies don't understand that

1 Like

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 03, 2012
Nigerian women! We like to ask and recieve so easily from our guys. but when its our turn to give this same guys..we start to question their motives.
Why not give him..if its within ur capability?? Except of course..u don't trust him one bit.. Besides, does he give u things, money as well in d past?? U can consider dat b4 giving anyway.
In my relationship, its give and take..though he hardly ever asks me for anything..but i try to give.

1 Like

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by KINGwax(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2012
Munchin popcorn
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by amygreat24(f): 12:04pm On Nov 03, 2012
My dear r u a nigerian girl nd is he a nigerian boy! Cos from d info I get here on NL na only nigerian gals dey beg for money! Nigerian boys don join too!!!! Wahala dey ooooo shocked undecided na question I ask oooo

1 Like

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
it will depend on what the money if for and how much im willing to help with
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by 190theclown: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
u better hive it to him now before another girl starts giving him

arent u NIGERIAN anyways undecided
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Xma10: 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Tanx 2 u all 4 ur kind,wise and thoughtful contributions and advice. I remain grateful and loyal 2 y'all
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Agiliti(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Look at this excerpt from her post again:

dude...did i tell you i was blind?

anyways, OP if you're in a 6 month old long distance relationship, i'm almost certain you are being taken for a ride, but i might be wrong.
how did you guys meet? how far do you live from him? how frequently do you talk?
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Tedpgrass: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Agiliti:
dude...did i tell you i was blind?

anyways, OP if you're in a 6 month old long distance relationship, i'm almost certain you are being taken for a ride, but i might be wrong.
how did you guys meet? how far do you live from him? how frequently do you talk?

My thoughts exactly......

If you can spare and the sum requested for, isn't too much.... give but with your eyes wide open!!
Keep ascertaining the genuineness of these needs.
Try to initiate a reciprocal response.....
If he fails to rise to the occasion,
then be careful with future proceedings!!!

Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by 1920MaMa: 4:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
give only because you're helping a brother not because you're investing in your future together.
men appreciate it wen they're the ones giving, not the other way round.
as for me, i won't give!
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2012
booqee: Nigerian women! We like to ask and recieve so easily from our guys. but when its our turn to give this same guys..we start to question their motives.
Why not give him..if its within ur capability?? Except of course..u don't trust him one bit.. Besides, does he give u things, money as well in d past?? U can consider dat b4 giving anyway.
In my relationship, its give and take..though he hardly ever asks me for anything..but i try to give.
the only female nlander i have seen speaking the plain truth...keep it up,dear
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by 190theclown: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
booqee: Nigerian women! We like to ask and recieve so easily from our guys. but when its our turn to give this same guys..we start to question their motives.
abeg nor vex ah fit borrow 10k from your hand
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2012
1920MaMa: give only because you're helping a brother not because you're investing in your future together.
men appreciate it wen they're the ones giving, not the other way round.
as for me, i won't give!
Your last statement is not complete, my dear..
Here is the complete version
...as for me, I won't give, I'll keep asking begging
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by Temi231(f): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
@OP,I have experience a lot of that from guys.e.g A guy that I met for barely three weeks asking me to borrow him money for his sister traveling abroad!! Imagine and one still happened yesterday, I haven't met him oh, just chatting on BB and he's asking me to borrow him money. Some guys dis days are just dollop- head. My advice now is your relationship with the guy is 6month, if you trust in him go ahead but if you think he's in the relationship cos of what you have please run away. The lord will order you. God bless my sister
Re: Oir Relationship Is Barely 6months And He Is Asking For My Financial Help by 1920MaMa: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
acidosis™:

Your last statement is not complete, my dear..
Here is the complete version
...as for me, I won't give, I'll keep asking begging

lol. my dear, i'm not in support of a woman spending her money on boyfriend. u're free to spend but please don't cry foul tomorrow wen the relationship ends, cos most women will start counting how they invested their money on the man and how he left them for another. so my advice is, always have an open mind wen spending and not think you're investing on your future spouse.

(1) (Reply)

My Girl Friend And Her Too Sweet Stories / Types Of Libido / I Now Believe In Love At First Sight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.