Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23355 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2012
Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

14 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tellwisdom: 12:26am On Jul 06, 2012
Sweerie, please who gave you visa?? You honestly need to come back home so that an eligible lady can go replace u undecided undecided

Picture, we knw see, your job we knw knw, u come here dey spew gutter water..SMH sad sad

23 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 12:31am On Jul 06, 2012
So what exactly is your problem? it is not by force to reply oh Mr wisdom. Is it the lack of a picture on my profile that is vexing you or the fact that you don't know what i do for a living?? I guess you just need someone to pick on tonite. oh well its a free world.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by hotshotpeter(m): 12:37am On Jul 06, 2012
well dear you went about it the wrong way. When i first saw the topic i was like 'wat d hell! Not another gold-digger!' and so i hurried on here to give you a piece of my mind but i c its nt wat i thought.

I'm financially stable, very very much so but thats about as far as i go to meeting your criteria. I'm Igbo nt Yoruba and I'm younger than u are.

Since i can't b of help i'l just wish u luck. *wink*

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tellwisdom: 12:46am On Jul 06, 2012
desari: So what exactly is your problem? it is not by force to reply oh Mr wisdom. Is it the lack of a picture on my profile that is vexing you or the fact that you don't know what i do for a living?? I guess you just need someone to pick on tonite. oh well its a free world.

I should be asking you; cos i seem nt to understand what it is, you want undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 12:53am On Jul 06, 2012
@hotshot_peter

Nah, definitely not a gold digger...just want someone who can bring as much to the table as i do. Of couse it is not all about money, but there is no way i am taking care of a grown a.s.s man.

Thanks for your civility, i wish you good luck as well in all your future endeavours.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 06, 2012
-

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 06, 2012
Are you scared?

Don't run your mouth next time.. undecided undecided
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 1:40am On Jul 06, 2012
I didn't come here to boast or toot my own horn. I wll not be disclosing how much i am worth now or in the near future. I mentioned finances as a sticking point as i have met men in the past that want to mooch off me and it ain't happening.

There are quite few fraudsters in London, i hope you make your money the legal way. undecided I mean no offence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 06, 2012
-
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 1:45am On Jul 06, 2012
that's great to hear.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 06, 2012
^^^So, why come on here to talk rubbish about Nigerian men, huh?

Some of you silly naija girls need to get your mouth slapped with money.. undecided undecided

My AP watch alone will pay your wages for a whole year. grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 1:55am On Jul 06, 2012
Its pretty late in london, why are you still up??

You just asked if i was scared because of tha car you drive abi, i don't know enough about cars to be sef. Cars are boy toys.

As long as the car looks good and its driveable, thats all i care about.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 2:04am On Jul 06, 2012
chei Shymmex... if you are being honest with yourself, you will note that i have not spoken ill of nigerian men. On the contrary, i love nigerian men, my father and brothers are nigerian men and i love and respect them a lot. I am not a kid that spouts off rubbish for no reason...All i am saying on my post, is that i want a man that will do his own part in a relationship. This is not representative of all naija men, i know a lot of naija men that take care of thier wives and girlfriends. I don't even want to be a kept woman, i just want a man to play his own part financially. if this is lambasting naija men, then we have a difference of opinion on the issue of "talking rubbish about naija men".

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by tpia5: 2:42am On Jul 06, 2012
just make a list of what you want in a man, and find a guy who meets these requirements.

i assume the problem is you're rich [if this is true], and you find it difficult to meet nigerian men who are on the same level financially as you are.

you might have to adjust your standards and expectations somewhat however.

also, what about someone who is highly educated but not making too much money- would you mind such a person? Or say someone still in school.

just asking because there are guys like that out there.

what about a businessman? Genuine business of course.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 3:01am On Jul 06, 2012
@tpia,

Tpia, i am not claiming to be bill gates or steve jobs. For a single woman at my age with no children, i do pretty well. If i meet a man a man that is at my financial level then that's great, but if not..i at least want him to be able to buy some stuff like food stuff...go half on the bills when we eat out e.t.c. I don't think i am asking for much. I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men.

Regardless of the fact that i have lived in the U.S for quite few years I am still a naija woman, and i would love it if a guy i was in a relationship came to me of his own free will and said "babe here is some money" cook some fabulous ila asepo and some hot amala for me" instead my ex would want me to buy groceries with my money all the time so he can enjoy the food too. imagine that nonsense?? Thats when i decided no more "akushe folks" bobos have to be able to play their part financialy or they can keep it moving.

21 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by oyewolejos(m): 4:02am On Jul 06, 2012
I understand what the OP is saying and sadly gone are the days when Naija men in the US will work their ass off to provide for their family. Is now a norm to see able men sitting down at home while their wives/gf will go to work. As a man my heart bleeds whenever i see this trend. The OP is just stating the obvious. But OP wait for your time as ur desperation might bring some shaddy people towards your way. Look before u leap

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Mynd44: 4:06am On Jul 06, 2012
Hi I am mynd_44 and I like studying patterns. This pattern looks very familiar and you know how they say two triangle are similar if that have two sides and one angle equal.
I don't know about y'all but it should not be hard to realise that the OP= fuckherlord. This babe just wants the attention. Perhaps she was not hugged enough as a growing child or she is just messed up
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:22am On Jul 06, 2012
Mynd_44: Hi I am mynd_44 and I like studying patterns. This pattern looks very familiar and you know how they say two triangle are similar if that have two sides and one angle equal.
I don't know about y'all but it should not be hard to realise that the OP= fuckherlord. This babe just wants the attention. Perhaps she was not hugged enough as a growing child or she is just messed up
Wa gbayi!!!!

Ur wisdom go ascend o!

@op
I have told u, ur ideal guy na dildoooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Mynd44: 4:30am On Jul 06, 2012
Make she go Ikoyi cemetery, she go find men for there in abundance

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by pharmking: 5:19am On Jul 06, 2012
desari: Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

MISSY I THINK YOU ARE GOING ABOUT YOUR PARTNER SEARCH THE WRONG WAY. YOU ARE ALSO ASSUMING TWO THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE. I'M NOT YORUBA NOR NIGERIAN BUT I HAVE NIGERIA FRIENDS AND DATED A FEW NIGERIAN WOMEN.
1. YOU NEED TO STOP THINKING THAT A GOOD PARTNER WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGERIAN YORUBA MAN. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CONSIDERING ANY AFRICAN MAN, JUDGING THEM BY BEHAVIORS, PRINCIPLES AND POTENTIALS. MY MUM KICKED ME IN THE HEAD ON MY 31ST BIRTHDAY AS I WAS TELLING HER THAT I WILL ONLY MARRY A GIRL FROM TOGO. NOW I'M ABOUT TO GET ENGAGED WITH A GIRL FROM CAMEROON. SHE IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPENNED TO ME. SMOOTH RELATIONSHIP AND ALL. I HAVE FRIENDS I CAN HOOK YOU UP TO BUT THEY ARE NOT NIGERIANS. PM ME I WILL SEND YOU A BOOK FOR YOU TO READ THAT WILL HELP YOU...
2. YOU NEED TO STOP ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE MAKING MORE MONEY THAT ANY GUY YOU MEET. GUYS LIE ABOUT WHAT THEY DO TO MAKE SURE THE GIRL THEY MEET LIKE THEM FOR THEM ( AT LEAST THE SERIOUS ONE...I HAVE DONE THAT IN THE PAST). MODEST PEOPLE THAT MAKE A LOT OF MONEY DON'T OVERDO THINGS. THEY DRESS DECENT AND SAVE THEIR LOAD OF CASH.
3. PLEASE IN THE UNITED STATES, A WOMEN SHOULD NOT WAIT ON HER HUSBAND TO PROVIDE MONEY FOR FOOD AND SO AND SO. PEOPLE SIT DOWN AND MAKE BUDGET AND SHARE EXPENSES FOR THE WELLBEING OF THE FAMILY. PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIFFERENCES IN INCOME DO HAVE A COMMON ACCOUNT WHERE EITHER THE MAN OR THE WOMEN PUT 50% OF THEIR INCOME FOR FAMILY EXPENSES. THE REST IS SEPARATELY MANAGE BY EACH INDIVIDUALS.
4. AS FOR WHERE TO MEET PEOPLE IN NYC, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. NOT GOING TO CLUB AND THAT BUT TO PLACES WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY MEET PEOPLE WITH HEAD ON THEIR SHOULDER... IF YOU ARE IN THE BRONX OR BK, THERE ARE A LOT OF NIGERIAN CONGREGATIONS.. NOT CATHOLIC THOUGH. THE BEST WAY TO ALSO FIND SOMEONE IS THROUGH FRIENDS. DO DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES, LOCATE GYM THAT AFRICAN GO TO...

19 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by claremont(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2012
Go and ask Buzzedoffbeauty (https://www.nairaland.com/978949/akata-reveals-all-how-get#11293320)how she got her Nigerian man. She is the only genuine black female living in the US I know on here.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ITbomb(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2012
If you believe in this quote , then we can talk about the future
Successful married women
So where do you want to place
the women that have really made it big and are married? They have a common denominator. They married young, they are brilliant and they are humble. Examples include Oby Ezekwesili, Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonko-Iweala just to mention a few. If you get close to them or merely look at them
closely, you will see humility and homeliness. Oby Ezekwesili once said that once she gets back from work, she drops the toga of Govt official at the door and cook for her husband; she even goes to the market herself! I shake my head at this your low self esteemed men. I don't know if you believe the Bible but a
common quote from there: Husband, love your wife. Wife, submit to your husband. Many of these old single ladies are not ready to submit to anybody. A typical example is Miss Arunma Oteh...when she talks you see how she oozes pride all over, and probably explains why she is single.
So rewind---why are single women rampant?
Because they have forgotten their God given duty of submission and those that remember it are all married.

20 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by horny4u(f): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2012
desari: I didn't come here to boast or toot my own horn. I wll not be disclosing how much i am worth now or in the near future. I mentioned finances as a sticking point as i have met men in the past that want to mooch off me and it ain't happening.

There are quite few fraudsters in London, i hope you make your money the legal way. undecided I mean no offence

Financial stability is one thing.....not being able to string a sentence together is another.

When I visit my friend (who i am trying to match make) the sheer amount of "ewo lo se" boys at tasty resturant or places where naijas hang out is mind boggling.

Sometimes a man needs the right woman to point him in the direction of wealth and as long as he is not a lazy spend drift they should be on their way to Financial freedom but of cos that's a man who has managed to support himself through school etc and all he may need is the lady's network, support and prayers.

But the "ewo lo se" boys" who holds wads of cash in their pocket and pull out £1000 when they want to pay for £2 moin moin.....common!!!!
No skills or certificate except yahoo yahoo and how to trick people...( most who live in woolwich are decent but those group know themselves)

You may need to relocate to Nigeria.
Many fine men who are super ambitious and can teach your future kids good grammar and earn money in a legal way.
My friend just relocated to Hatfield, there are more professional NIG there too.
Donot be in a hurry to marry ....look beyond finances for hardwork, go getter,prudent,hardworking (repeated it for a reason, too many lazy asses) kindness ( he may not have had the opportunities you have had but if he is a good man and will recognise an opportunity and not gamble away your future)

The "ewo lo se" boys will start with me now. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2012
x

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ifihearam: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
@op
Your matter get as e be oo
Just keep hoping and u might find one soon enough but I must warn that your expectation is on the high side,be natural and humble regardless of what you claim to have and a good nice hard working dude will come your way. I aslo sense some desperation in your write up.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
Op, when you get to 42 years of age, the men on your level will practically be at your doorstep, and that will be the best time to look for that needle in the hay stack. . .

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by MrsChima(f): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2012
Lmao at a nigga saying ask somebody how they get a Nigerian man like it is difficult.

Op......there are plenty of Nigerian men in NYC and start by going to African fests and events...you will meet up with some Nigerians...if all else fails..you can go Nigeria and get one that isnt insecure.
NJ

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Basildon1(m): 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
For as long as you are bothered with the financial angle, you are gonna be on the market for a long while. Search for deeper qualities. A honest responsible man will not take advantage of your 'wealth'.

I am sure you are good looking but I dont think you are a hottie (no offence), the kinda men u seeking will definitely not queue outside for you. Just givin you the cold hard truth

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Do You Hate About Being An Introvert / How To Attract My Ex Boyfriend Again - Attract Your Ex / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Don't Want Court Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.