Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129317 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by USPlaceofAutos: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
sooperrescue:

Some manufacturers specifies that the transmission fluid should be flushed and changed between 24,000 miles and 36,000 miles, which translates to every 2 to 3 years.

What interval do you recommend and which of the manufacturers recommends these interval when they claim that their oils in the tranny are lifetime oil, even WS of Toyota.

Please refer to your vehicle manual.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
My vehicle says lifetime oil but I change my trans fluid every year and it serves me well and I am asking your opinion on which is the best time interval for transmission fluid change. Your ATF product is good but if you tell someone that 2 to 3 years is ideal for fluid change, then you need to do more research in order to be able to sell your oil professionally.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by USPlaceofAutos: 11:24am On Nov 07, 2016
sooperrescue:
My vehicle says lifetime oil but I change my trans fluid every year and it serves me well and I am asking your opinion on which is the best time interval for transmission fluid change. Your ATF product is good but if you tell someone that 2 to 3 years is ideal for fluid change, then you need to do more research in order to be able to sell your oil professionally.

Hello Sir, we did not tell anyone 2 to 3 years is ideal. we said "refer to your owner's manual.." and we also said "some manufacturers...". Please refer to the post again.

Thank you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
My guy, I am asking for your opinion on what is the ideal fluid change interval on automatic transmissions
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by derock533: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2016
sooperrescue:
My guy, I am asking for your opinion on what is the ideal fluid change interval on automatic transmissions

BOSS, I HAVE A TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2002(REGISTERED)...PLEASE I WISH TO KNOW THE BEST FLUIDS (TRANSMISSION, ENGINE AND AXLE) TO USE ON IT. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE BEST PLUGS TO USE. PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:16am On Dec 21, 2016
derock533:

BOSS, I HAVE A TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 2002(REGISTERED)...PLEASE I WISH TO KNOW THE BEST FLUIDS (TRANSMISSION, ENGINE AND AXLE) TO USE ON IT. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE BEST PLUGS TO USE. PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE

I am sorry for the late reply. As you can see, I have been writing on the synthetic oils that we have in the country and it is a big surprise that we do not have quality oils for your car in the country except you buy the foreign oils. The transmission fluid is Toyota Type T1v, you can use the EP 90 or 140 series for the axle while the engine requires 5w30 SL. That will be difficult to find. I am afraid to recommend any engine oil made locally as we are still searching for the best alternative. As for your plugs, you dont need to change them if you are not sure that you will get the same plugs as per the number on the plugs.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by autotrader2: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2016
sooperrescue:

I am sorry for the late reply. As you can see, I have been writing on the synthetic oils that we have in the country and it is a big surprise that we do not have quality oils for your car in the country except you buy the foreign oils. The transmission fluid is Toyota Type T1v, you can use the EP 90 or 140 series for the axle while the engine requires 5w30 SL. That will be difficult to find. I am afraid to recommend any engine oil made locally as we are still searching for the best alternative. As for your plugs, you dont need to change them if you are not sure that you will get the same plugs as per the number on the plugs.

You can use the OEM Toyota Motor Oil 5w30 for the Highlander. It is available. Please call 09086679585 to get it

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by autotrader2: 7:47am On Dec 21, 2016
derock533:

Your Highlander engine requires the OEM Toyota Motor Oil 5w30. Please call 09086679585 to get it

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
Thanks Autotrader2. I will recommend that oil to all Toyota owners. Lets do away with our obsolete local oils
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Luckki1001(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2017
Good morning, Baba Sooperrescue. Great job you are doing here.

Please, I just got a Volkswagen Golf 4 1.6SR auto tranny, something that wifey can use. I have scoured this thread hoping to see anything about its recommended transmission fluid but couldn't find any. Kindly indicate which transmission fluid is best for the vehicle and how many litres will do.

Also, are you still available at your 6, Ogun Street, Ikeja office, so I can breeze in during the weekend for repairs?

Your kind reply will be highly appreciated.

Thank you and do enjoy the rest of the day.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:16am On Jan 13, 2017
Good morning, we are no longer at that office but you can come to our new office at Airforce vehicle engineering squadron at Agege Motor Road, after Ikeja Along. There are many variant of transmission fluid for VW/Audi but I know that SYNGARD global ATF will work for the Golf. We have that in stock now. We will be expecting you over the weekend.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by abrat: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2017
Hello Sooperrescue, I discovered yesterday that my ATF leaks after about 5 min it is parked. I called my mechanic's attention to it but its like he is not ready for the job, he actually advised me to let a gear professional handle it. is there any help u can render? I use lexus rx300
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2017
Where is the car?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by abrat: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2017
Magboro, lagos/ibadan expressway
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:47am On Jan 18, 2017
We are in ikeja after ikeja along. Call 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by mayonikks: 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2017
Hi ,

Please do u have Castrol Transmax CVT oil??

Thanks

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
Pureguard cvt is available
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by musachara: 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2017
hello bros, Kindly recommend an ATF for corolla 2005. it says T-IV, but the price is kinda high. which alternative will you recommend. your kind response will be highly appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2017
Syngard global atf, a litre cost 4000. No cheap alternative or you pay higher getting a used gear box
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by amosfunmi(m): 2:45am On Jan 28, 2017
What is the recommended gear oil for my Toyota camry 2000 model. My mech says I can use Sea horse DIII, one of my friend say TIV ATF is the best.
I tried to google and what I say as the recommended gear oil is Dextron DII or DIII.
am confused.
Please which is the best among them all?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2017
Use Mobil atf 220
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by amosfunmi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
Use Mobil atf 220
Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by lordade2004: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
@sooperrescue sent you a mail.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:39am On Feb 07, 2017
ok
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kayswag100(m): 7:16am On Feb 07, 2017
pls i need a nissan matic D tranny oil. looked all over ibadan for it without success. how much per litre too pls?

I'm currently using Holtz trans fluid temporarily but would flush once i get access to my vehicle's specified transmission oil type. i recently changed my entire engine so gear oil had to be drained

also, is there an alternative to nissan matic D? googled unsuccessfully

i anticipate ur response
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
We have Syngard global transmission fluid which is very ideal for your car. Call 08098534267. Please be mindful of the engine oil that you will put in that new engine so that you dont run in circles.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by kayswag100(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2017
sooperrescue:
We have Syngard global transmission fluid which is very ideal for your car. Call 08098534267. Please be mindful of the engine oil that you will put in that new engine so that you dont run in circles.

thanks. I'll be in Lag soon so I'll contact u
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
I will be expecting you then
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shotuns: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
@sooperrescue, Do you have the ATF+4...? Currently using Mobil Atf 220 but would like to change to the ATF recommended for Dodge Chrysler...
Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Yes, syngard global Atf
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by shotuns: 1:24am On Feb 15, 2017
Is this for me @Mr sooperrscue? Dodge Chrysler....... If so how much ?
Can I have your email ?

sooperrescue:
Yes, syngard global Atf
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:48am On Feb 15, 2017
Nigeriaarc@hotmail.com . Yes, it works with your car perfectly

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.