Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner (683 Views)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / How Do I Stop Arguing With My Girlfriend? / Arguing With Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner by simdam500(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2012
A beautiful relationship gets ruined because of constant arguments between a couple.Even a small argument can lead to a big conflict in a relationship. The best way tosave the relationship is to avoid arguing with your partner. How will you do that? Well continue reading and you will know.
1. Strike the right balance:
A healthy relationship thrives on the right balance. It is best to confront your partner and talk on the issue rather than argue. This usually happens when one partner lies about a particular thing, which is followed by an argument. The best way out is to talk on the matter concerned.
2. Compromise is the biggest thing:
If you do not compromise on something, it is bound to lead to an argument. So, what would you do in this case? Simple, just learn to compromise. If you do not compromise, then it will lead to a bad dispute. Compromising on smaller issues would do the trick. But, remember do not compromise, if your self respect is at stake.
3. Stop dominating:
If you dominate your partner, naturally there would be arguments in your relationship. It is important torespect your partner and treat your partner equally. Why would your partner accept your dominating nature in the first place? To avoid arguing, avoid dominating.
4. Develop the skill of listening:
Do you ever listen to what your partner has to say? If you are not sure regarding this, then think again. Major arguments happen due to this. One partner says and other partner ignores, whichleads to arguments. It is better to develop your listening skills to maintain your relationship and avoid arguments. Listen carefully and do not judge based on action.
5. Take monetary decisions together:
About eighty percent of young couples today fight because of money, and the result is arguments. To avoid arguments related to money, it is important to takemonetary decisions together.Distribute your income with your spouse. Fix a set amount for household expenditures. If this happens, one can easily avoid arguments.
6. Change the topic:
The best way to avoid an argument is to change the topic. Or else, choose to stay quiet when your partner is arguing. We know this is not a feasible solutionto the problem. But, by doingthis, you would ignore the argument and then later confront your partner in a peaceful way. This really works to avoid a conflict.
Do follow the above tips to maintain peace in your relationship.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner by Mynd44: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2012
You should not have arguments, you should have debates. They are different and debates ends with both of you respecting one another more
Re: Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2012
OP,very nice topic and pertinent points...i will also add- Give Reasons for your opinions. If u are like 'my son will never go to that school', and ur partner asks why.by simply telling him/her 'i don't knw,as far as am concerned,he isn't going there', you will be courting trouble. So,give reasons.try to make him/her see eye to eye with you...
Re: Tips To Avoid Arguing With Your Partner by DExplorer1: 11:56am On Nov 05, 2012
Good post. You have my 'like'

(1) (Reply)

PTDF Nawa O! / VAL Fever / Why Am I Still Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.