Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Am I Still Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Am I Still Single? (685 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Beautiful But Still Single... / 14 Reasons Why Beautiful Women Are Still Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Still Single? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
First, know that being single is one of the various stages in life. There is a stage to be born,a stage to grow, to attend school, to work and a stage to be single
Some men/women are single due to their actions and inactions in the past or in the present. A lady who is proud and gets irritated easily could have sent away her Mr. Right. A manwho gets annoyed easily and talks rudely to ladies would have sent his Miss Right away. Moreover, a promiscuous lady/man could have lost the right person to marry. But then, why are there are still decent bachelors and spinsters who are on the search? This brings us to the issue of purpose. The purpose of being single is to prepare you for the next stage of life. It is to discover your individuality; it is to discover God’s plans for you. Being single is also the stage to bring out the gifts in you. Are you creative? Then get involved in your hobbies. Engage in mental, physical, spiritual and social activities. Never allow a dull moment. Read books, be friendly and be courteous.
Be presentable and attractive. Dress smartly anddon’t be moved by what people say. People will always talk. But what do you say of yourself? Speak to yourself that you attractive and young. Never allow anxiety or worry/depression to dampen your spirit. Ignite the fire of hope, because a living dog is better than a dead lion. Know that there is a man or a woman somewhere who is yours and will locate you.
Source:
Re: Why Am I Still Single? by Monicasque(f): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2013
I love this post. Especially the part that talks about the stages of life. We need to remember that life really has different phases and its not always adviceable to skip some but also remember its also not adviceable to stay on 1 stage. Just because so and so is doing this and that need not put you under pressure to try and compete because in the end it is only you who you will have to deal with whether now or tomorrow when things go a certain way. Your life belongs to you alone that is why its important to know who you are , map out your life journey and remember to make every moment count

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Still Single? by clemz85(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
thanks to Op and the first comment
Re: Why Am I Still Single? by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wonderful write up, being single is actually the time to develop yourself and bring out the best in you, we should not spend that time being idle, cry baby and depressing ourselves with the talk of people.

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Still Single? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
Handsomeemmy: Wonderful write up, being single is actually the time to develop yourself and bring out the best in you, we should not spend that time being idle, cry baby and depressing ourselves with the talk of people.
But wen u are single, and don't have a job, and u are broke, and your partner is misbehaving...its so hard not to become a cry baby, idle, and depressed. It takes a whole lot of patience and hope in God to overcome.
Re: Why Am I Still Single? by Handsomeemmy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Valeree:
But wen u are single, and don't have a job, and u are broke, and your partner is misbehaving...its so hard not to become a cry baby, idle, and depressed. It takes a whole lot of patience and hope in God to overcome.
money does not guarantee happines, i'm not saying there won't be time when you will not be depress, what i'm saying is that you should not allow the rough writting of depression take away the beautiful you. My sister, in our moment of happines, we should not just be happy for today only, we should learn to build for the future so that we have something to draw strength from in our moment of need and despairs.
And the bottom line, don't let someone be the source of your happiness, because there is every possibilty that they will abuse it and use it against you
Re: Why Am I Still Single? by felai: 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
Insightful

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Personal Definition Of Being "Broke"? / A Love Letter. / Should A Woman Propose To The Man She Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.