Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves (12141 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Iaz93:
are you okay?? Did you eat before takin' your drugs or did you just take them without eating??

Mike and yomi are just jokers cheesy don't get worked up over them smiley
Focus.......
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by ddippset(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
i dont think so. SPANK them very well when you need to.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by eyenCalabar(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
I thought teachers can do some of these things.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by sammy329(m): 7:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
U so lead by example

Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by sammy329(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
U lead by example

Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by God2man(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
simdam500: Kids are as soft and fragile as flowers. Only with proper care and love, they can blossom into confident human beings. It’s very important to help your kids to believe in themselves so as to lay foundation of a successful and happy life for them.

Here are 7 simple ways to do it:

1. Believe in them:
Your kids will believe in themselves if you first believe in them. For young kids, parents are the role models. They do as the adults do. If you believe in them, they’ll believe in themselves. So set a good example!

2. Encourage them always:
Let them try their weird ideas, let them explore their world. Encourage them to believe in their own ideas and to try things. Do not discourage their creativity and ideas even if you feel they are ‘unimportant’, ‘insignificant’ or ‘stupid’. Encourage, encourage, encourage… always!

3. Take out time for them:
The best gift that you can give your children is your time. If you take out time for them, they’ll feel they are important. When they realize their self-importance, they’ll believe in their self-worth.

4. Don’t label them:
Don’t label them with tags like ‘stupid’, ‘worthless’, ‘idiot’ and the likes. Kids take these things to heart. If you call your kid stupid 5 times, he’ll start believing himself to be stupid. So choose your words carefully,they can make or mar your child’s personality.

5. Appreciate generously:
If their efforts bear fruits, if they achieve even a little bit of success – just praise them. Be very generous with your appreciation. Even if the outcome is not successful by your standards, praise the fact that they put in efforts to do the work. Let them know that it mattered to you.

6. Make them dream:
There’s this famous quotation by a wise person, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”. Give your child a dream and then make him believe that you think that he can achieve it. Tell it to him again and again. Before you know it, your child will believe in his potential to achieve that dream!

7. Give your unconditional love and support:
Self-belief can come when your child has you to fall back upon. Let him know that he has your unconditional love and support, always. No matter what happens, you’ll always believe in him. No matter how many times he fails, you’ll always believe in him to succeed at the end!
Words can work wonders, especially in case of kids. Always use loving and encouraging words to make your child believe in himself!

http://www.magforwomen.com/7-ways-to-teach-kids-to-believe-in-themselves/
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by ARareGem(f): 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
Like this. I'll try and put this to practice when I become a parent.

Wish Dad had read this! cry
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by BodyKiss(m): 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Let them make mistakes so they can learn from it. In this country, parents expect their children to be perfect, and abuse them when they try and fail.
Teach them how to take responsibility for their actions.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by thaira(f): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Great post. Always verbally express your appreciation of your kids, not only your displeasure. Especially if they are naturally shy or timid.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
_
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by unlessgod: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2012
Make a try and Crack this
out....
A man wanted to enter a CLUB
Every member knew the
password,. So The man hide besides the
wall & tried to listen to the
password.
A member came, watchman
said
'TWELVE' Member replied 6,
Watchman opened door. Another member came,
watchman
said 'SIX' Member replied 3,
Watchman opened door.
The Man thought he got the
PASSWORD
He went at the door,
Watchman
said 'EIGHT' Man replied 4,
Watchman didn't open the door.
What was the PASSWORD?

click here to download joke reader
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by ARareGem(f): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
unlessgod: Make a try and Crack this
out....
A man wanted to enter a CLUB
Every member knew the
password,. So The man hide besides the
wall & tried to listen to the
password.
A member came, watchman
said
'TWELVE' Member replied 6,
Watchman opened door. Another member came,
watchman
said 'SIX' Member replied 3,
Watchman opened door.
The Man thought he got the
PASSWORD
He went at the door,
Watchman
said 'EIGHT' Man replied 4,
Watchman didn't open the door.
What was the PASSWORD?

click here to download joke reader

Answer is 5.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by troy20(m): 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
futurehome: WHO TOLD YOU GOD CAN'T HELP THEM. WE CAN ONLY WISH BUT ITS GOD THAT CAN GRANT.
My advice is that train a child the way they should go (God fearing and putting their FAITH in HIM) Not their inexperienced selves or their friends.

am gettn tired of this reckless perspective of throwing God infront of evrytn.u dnt hav 2 cover life complexities with that concept 'GOD'.It makes evrytn more difficult.dats y many pple r religous hypocrites and some dnt know cause lately ppl hav put so much awareness in the doctrines of religioun dat it is so hard not to join the crowd.i believe God has given us that ability to figure out tings 4 ourselvs already not always wrap him around evrytn.i had a flawd childhood jst like many pple, d very opposite of dat post.a distant father and an abusive mum.an it impared my personality but i've hav alot human knowlege and i kno i'll make a great dad.my point is that life and society is getting so complicated that the rigid precepts of religion arnt that all that matters if u want 2 raise a balanced child.raisn kids is no mean fit.so dnt go 4 dat lazy "is God this", "is God that".He has given it to you to train
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by Iaz93: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2012
miketonic:

wenting be your problem? jealousy will kill you ooo
i'm just concerned...
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by Iaz93: 10:38pm On Nov 05, 2012
jidegirl12:

Mike and yomi are just jokers cheesy don't get worked up over them smiley
Focus.......
LOL...okay Ma
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2012
Great tips, but, sincerely, how many parents actually do these?
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by UmericanGirl(f): 2:26am On Nov 06, 2012
greatgod2012: Great tips, but, sincerely, how many parents actually do these?

I do grin grin
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by halloween70(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2012
Singing praises and giving reward for every positive beheviour ones child elicits is a kind of positive reinforcement which makes the child to learn and continue such behaviours. On the other hand, there is a saying that If You spare the rod you spoil the child.the use of punishment (restricting the child from Certain previlege they use to enjoy) not necessay corporal punishment will make the child unlearn undesirable behaviour. Corporal punishment should be the last resort for every disciplinarian
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by greatgod2012(f): 7:38am On Nov 06, 2012
UmericanGirl:

I do grin grin

thats lovely, may God continue to help u............ Amen.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by swoosh(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2012
Post of the year..very reasonable. Thank you!
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by Goldieluks: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2012
simdam500: Kids are as soft and fragile as flowers. Only with proper care and love, they can blossom into confident human beings. It’s very important to help your kids to believe in themselves so as to lay foundation of a successful and happy life for them.

Here are 7 simple ways to do it:

1. Believe in them:
Your kids will believe in themselves if you first believe in them. For young kids, parents are the role models. They do as the adults do. If you believe in them, they’ll believe in themselves. So set a good example!

2. Encourage them always:
Let them try their weird ideas, let them explore their world. Encourage them to believe in their own ideas and to try things. Do not discourage their creativity and ideas even if you feel they are ‘unimportant’, ‘insignificant’ or ‘stupid’. Encourage, encourage, encourage… always!

3. Take out time for them:
The best gift that you can give your children is your time. If you take out time for them, they’ll feel they are important. When they realize their self-importance, they’ll believe in their self-worth.

4. Don’t label them:
Don’t label them with tags like ‘stupid’, ‘worthless’, ‘idiot’ and the likes. Kids take these things to heart. If you call your kid stupid 5 times, he’ll start believing himself to be stupid. So choose your words carefully,they can make or mar your child’s personality.

5. Appreciate generously:
If their efforts bear fruits, if they achieve even a little bit of success – just praise them. Be very generous with your appreciation. Even if the outcome is not successful by your standards, praise the fact that they put in efforts to do the work. Let them know that it mattered to you.

6. Make them dream:
There’s this famous quotation by a wise person, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams”. Give your child a dream and then make him believe that you think that he can achieve it. Tell it to him again and again. Before you know it, your child will believe in his potential to achieve that dream!

7. Give your unconditional love and support:
Self-belief can come when your child has you to fall back upon. Let him know that he has your unconditional love and support, always. No matter what happens, you’ll always believe in him. No matter how many times he fails, you’ll always believe in him to succeed at the end!
Words can work wonders, especially in case of kids. Always use loving and encouraging words to make your child believe in himself!

8. Bring them up in a Godly way, because that is the only way.
http://www.magforwomen.com/7-ways-to-teach-kids-to-believe-in-themselves/

Am endorsing this. Very educative.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by eyispecial(f): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2012
miketonic: RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH... how i manage my kids is to FLOGG them well well...and rub peper on their anus.. there was this time my daughter misbehave, i banned her for using tampon rather, she must use plantin leaf.
Maaaad man.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by PastorOla1: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
If God can not help your kids who will help them.
Re: Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves by UmericanGirl(f): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pastor Ola: If God can not help your kids who will help them.

As a parent we must ask God to help guide us in raising our children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.