Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,451 members, 7,770,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:24 AM

A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa (23703 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by mailanyiii: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2012
I am also posted to bayelsa

Hook me up ok pin:279996E8
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 9:49am On Nov 14, 2012
Chikebrain:
Ayo are you on BBM
nope, but on wats app
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2012
Ping,.28edc9dd...add me if you posted to bayelsa.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by mailanyiii: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=mailanyiii]I am also posted to bayelsa

Hook me up ok pin:279996E8
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2012
I just hope fresh fish would not be expensive over there in bayelsa o.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by sleekcm(m): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
I was a batch A, 2008/2009 NYSC member in Bayelsa. A few heads up 4 u guys: 1. If you want to be posted to Yenagoa after camp, you must be at least part of the following- a. State NYSC football team. B. Volleyball team (for the ladies). C. Drama group. D. OBS team member. E. HIV advocacy group member etc. 2. Yenagoa corpers are the poorest bunch as cost of living is high in the capital. 3. There aren't any Oil companies for u to serve in. Just 4get that thought now. 4. Prepare ur mind to teach full time. 5. Get urself a treated mosquito net cos of their smart mosquitoes and sunflies. 6. Be ready to serve across the water. Every1 can't be in Yenagoa. 7. Bayelsa ladies/girls worship corpers. They are also free with the gifts so careful u don't get any pregnant! Be smart! 8. The best place to serve in my opinion is across the water. You get to appreciate the importance of the service and learn a different culture. The ppl will love and respect you. That's a nice feeling/experience to live with when it's all over.

For the guys, be warned! The girls are sexually aware and will do anything to sleep with u! Even ur very own students! Sex is like water in Bayelsa! It's welcome. Happy Service Year!

2 Likes

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
sleekcm: I was a batch A, 2008/2009 NYSC member in Bayelsa. A few heads up 4 u guys: 1. If you want to be posted to Yenagoa after camp, you must be at least part of the following- a. State NYSC football team. B. Volleyball team (for the ladies). C. Drama group. D. OBS team member. E. HIV advocacy group member etc. 2. Yenagoa corpers are the poorest bunch as cost of living is high in the capital. 3. There aren't any Oil companies for u to serve in. Just 4get that thought now. 4. Prepare ur mind to teach full time. 5. Get urself a treated mosquito net cos of their smart mosquitoes and sunflies. 6. Be ready to serve across the water. Every1 can't be in Yenagoa. 7. Bayelsa ladies/girls worship corpers. They are also free with the gifts so careful u don't get any pregnant! Be smart! 8. The best place to serve in my opinion is across the water. You get to appreciate the importance of the service and learn a different culture. The ppl will love and respect you. That's a nice feeling/experience to live with when it's all over.

For the guys, be warned! The girls are sexually aware and will do anything to sleep with u! Even ur very own students! Sex is like water in Bayelsa! It's welcome. Happy Service Year!
thanks for the heads up bro. make god help us o.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by sleekcm(m): 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2012
I forgot to add - most of the communities across water have very fine Corpers' Lodges. Where they aren't available, the communities usually provide decent accommodation. The corper's lodge in Anyama-Ogbia, Ogbia LGA, some 40minutes or so by speedboat from Swali waterside, Yenagoa is top class. Other neighbouring communities like Anyakoro, Otuedu, Onuegbu, etc also have decent lodges. I still miss those places. And would surely visit them sometime in the future. One of the nicest moments/experiences of my life. You guys go serve and enjoy it.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Godschild2(m): 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2012
sleekcm: I was a batch A, 2008/2009 NYSC member in Bayelsa. A few heads up 4 u guys: 1. If you want to be posted to Yenagoa after camp, you must be at least part of the following- a. State NYSC football team. B. Volleyball team (for the ladies). C. Drama group. D. OBS team member. E. HIV advocacy group member etc. 2. Yenagoa corpers are the poorest bunch as cost of living is high in the capital. 3. There aren't any Oil companies for u to serve in. Just 4get that thought now. 4. Prepare ur mind to teach full time. 5. Get urself a treated mosquito net cos of their smart mosquitoes and sunflies. 6. Be ready to serve across the water. Every1 can't be in Yenagoa. 7. Bayelsa ladies/girls worship corpers. They are also free with the gifts so careful u don't get any pregnant! Be smart! 8. The best place to serve in my opinion is across the water. You get to appreciate the importance of the service and learn a different culture. The ppl will love and respect you. That's a nice feeling/experience to live with when it's all over.

sleekcm: I forgot to add - most of the communities across water have very fine Corpers' Lodges. Where they aren't available, the communities usually provide decent accommodation. The corper's lodge in Anyama-Ogbia, Ogbia LGA, some 40minutes or so by speedboat from Swali waterside, Yenagoa is top class. Other neighbouring communities like Anyakoro, Otuedu, Onuegbu, etc also have decent lodges. I still miss those places. And would surely visit them sometime in the future. One of the nicest moments/experiences of my life. You guys go serve and enjoy it.

Wow!...Thank you so much for the info, so encouraging & uplifting...#TeamBayelsa!...Can't wait!

Me I be pastor ooo...Make dem Baye babes no near me at all oo...Holyghost fire na im go help me pursue them comot...Lolzzz
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Godschild2(m): 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2012
Akieagle: It is reallly fun out here in port harcourt,can't wait to see you guys on d 28th in bayelsa.

Yep, can't wait to see you too...#TeamBayelsa...<<<<Loading>>>>....14 days to go...May it meet us well IJN!...Amen
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
sleekcm: I forgot to add - most of the communities across water have very fine Corpers' Lodges. Where they aren't available, the communities usually provide decent accommodation. The corper's lodge in Anyama-Ogbia, Ogbia LGA, some 40minutes or so by speedboat from Swali waterside, Yenagoa is top class. Other neighbouring communities like Anyakoro, Otuedu, Onuegbu, etc also have decent lodges. I still miss those places. And would surely visit them sometime in the future. One of the nicest moments/experiences of my life. You guys go serve and enjoy it.
Pls how are those in the medical field treated in Bayelsa state?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Godschild2(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2012
ambrosini593: . Just enter any vehicle going to delta state. Then tell the driver to stop at kaiama along the highway. You don't ve to go to yenagoa first. Pls try nd find your way so that you will be posted to yenagoa after the orientation

Okay bro, thanks so much...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Godschild2(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
chizzyeric: Gudmrg my beautiful ppl, hw u guys doin dis mrg? Hp gr8!@ chike.....yh we'l be posted to a place of gud ppa...amen to dat jo! Wot course did u study? @ ayo, wats up hp u r stl counting dwn o.@evry1 pls let's introduce ourselves in dis manner...eg, chizzy, nursing,ebsu

...Alright...GC, Physics, Lautech...

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
Funaab abeokuta chemistry
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Godschild2(m): 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
greg o: my phone number : 07037749692

Copy that bro!...I'll get in touch.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by wildguy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone know how to get to the camp from Lagos cuz I asked most of the transport buses around jibowu and they said they not going to bayelsa.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Chikebrain: 11:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Greg I just added you up. Ayo I hear say fish cheap well well. Sleekcm thanks for the advice. For all bb users, please send in your PIN. Countdown still on. Can't wait to see y'all.
Please corpers who camped in bayelsa, is there light in the camp or will we have to charge our phones for N50 at mami market?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by sleekcm(m): 10:52am On Nov 15, 2012
Fish isn't cheap in Bayelsa o! That is a mirage. There's electricity and water at the camp. Just go with enough cash as the food served from the kitchen is mostly poor.

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 11:39am On Nov 15, 2012
[quote author=wild guy]Does anyone know how to get to the camp from Lagos cuz I asked most of the transport buses around jibowu and they said they not going to bayelsa. [Take a port harcourt bus in jibowu or ojota and alight along bayelsa state,tell them u are going to the nysc camp kaikama(cross country or agbufuro bus)/quote]
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2012
Good day peeps, another day is almost gone. Thank God!!!! Wat a busy day so far.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2012
Thank God its friday, count down continues. Hope you guys are ready to go?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by wildguy(m): 12:14am On Nov 17, 2012
@Akieagle TNX mann..

Is there an ATM around the camp or does one need to carry all the money needed to survive there?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2012
[Noo atm in kakaima camp bayelsaaa,hold like 10k cash for the 2 to 3wks)@Akieagle TNX mann..

Is there an ATM around the camp or does one need to carry all the money needed to survive there? [/quote]
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2012
There is also bayelsa bus in jibowu or ojota(agbufuro),it is 3500..but u av to get to jibowu or ojoto b4 5;15am to book it,d 1st bus leave b4 6am..it is a 10hrs journey
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by jiloman: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Akieagle: Funaab abeokuta chemistry
. I'm Also frm Funaab Abeokuta Physics.
Pls can I get direct motor frm Akure to Bayelsa?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2012
U can also get bayelsa bus in akure..or enta port harcort and alight in bayelsa..go for cross country or agbufuro I'm Also frm Funaab Abeokuta Physics.
Pls can I get direct motor frm Akure to Bayelsa?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
Nine days to go, baba God na ni o!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by debbyray1: 12:16am On Nov 20, 2012
gud mrnin 2 u all,is dia any corp member goin 2 bayelsa 4rm osun state,was also posted dia
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by ay0201(m): 5:35am On Nov 20, 2012
Count down continues. Peeps, whats the first thing you plan to do when you get to camp? I mean after registration.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by debbyray1: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2012
gud mrnin ayo0201,wat state are u just join nairaland ysterday nite so i dnt knw aw it wrks yet. am also posted 2 bayelsa and will b leavin 4rm ilesa
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Akieagle: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2012
See YoU guys soon. 8 days to go.wishing u guys safe journey in advance to bayelsa state. Baba GOD always dey our SidE
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Bayelsa by Chikebrain: 7:44am On Nov 20, 2012
Hello good peeps of NL bayelsa Batch C 2012. Next week wednesday is the day. Hoping to get acquinted with y'all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC Crackdown On Fake Graduates Nationwide Arrest 65 / OGFZA Rejects Corper Ejiro Kpolugbo For ‘Lacking Political Connection’ / Nysc Batch C14 Plateau State, Let's'meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.