Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? (16763 Views)

Mtn Has Started To Block Sims With Unlimited Browsing-aka Magic Sim / Glo Bonus: Get 500% Airtime Bonus While Making Calls / MTN PROMO: How To Get 500% Bonus Till Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
Liverpoolfc: One of the surest way to test a man is the way he behaves when something free is offered

Can you convince us u never subscribed to the MTN 500percent bonus Nah people like you make MTN begin cheat for dis bonus.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
angry You guys got time for dey si!!y network emptyN ...... I cant remember where i kept mine ..though
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
DANILSA: MAKE UNA TAKE AM EASY ABEG, MTN NEEDS TO SAVE MONEY FOR AEROPLANE JOOO grin grin grin

I must win that Aeroplane, if not, i go no say MTN nah fake....Witch kin tin be diss
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2012
fried-rice:
I was deceived when i was told a bonus 50% of my data plan would be added to me.
MTN at it again.
wink and u belee dah from doze suckaz ?
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
kliffo: I agree that it is a scam, i met their target and got nothing.

Sorry, you came late. I enjoyed this bonus for about 1month. Moreover, I opened a thread on this issue last week in the phones section.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by EzePromoe: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
With all the grammar wey una dey blow for Nairaland here, i think say all Nairalanders na big men, see as them dey cry for common N200 - N500, even people wey dey in diaspora grin Nairalanders! MTN the only good thing una dey do na to make Nairalanders expose their real self. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2012
Eze Promoe: With all the grammar wey una dey blow for Nairaland here, i think say all Nairalanders na big men, see as them dey cry for common N200 - N500, even people wey dey in diaspora grin Nairalanders! MTN the only good thing una dey do na to make Nairalanders expose their real self. grin grin grin
So werin u dey feel like nw ?

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by EzePromoe: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2012
JayKayMaybachz:
So werin u dey feel like nw ?

Na dis kind people go come for politics thread come say, 'i'm from London and i work with so-so company' or 'i was driving in my car when i saw so-so thing'. Nairalanders are kinda entertaining me here.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Israelpeters(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
MTN SCAM i aslo experencing it
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mtn is a thief. All of them (mtn) are thieves and also NCC . F**l people.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
Eze Promoe:
Na dis kind people go come for politics thread come say, 'i'm from London and i work with so-so company' or 'i was driving in my car when i saw so-so thing'. Nairalanders are kinda entertaining me here.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew !!!!!!!!!! R3tard

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by slimderek(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
Yes I noticed it too
And when i finally got the 600 It didn't last more than 10 mins
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
All the other networks apart from probably Airtel are also scamming Naija. At least partially honors it's own promise of 5 times your credit value. Glo is also scamming. As for Etisalat, they have been honoring the 30 percent on total monthly bonus but you have to becareful that you don't have any credit on your line by weekend, otherwise all of whatever credit you have there will just vamoose. Glo is also promising 5 times whatever you load. But you will only be given once, so it's also a scam. To be truthful, however, mtn is still honoring the 50% data bonus. I paid 3000 naira for 1 gb and they added 500 mb. Problem, save where there's 3G network, one can hardly use the data. On the whole, Nigerians are having terrible times making calls. I know this may be a generalization, but I have all the networks. I cannot make exception for the poor service. There is no body, no organ of govt to call the service providers to order, every thing thus seems as if we are in a big jungle of disorder
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2012
I've experiencing the same thing, contacted em through twitter and all I've been getting are bunch of empty promises. I'm dropping this sim.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by perez019(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2012
R u hon sue dat graduated frm the university of ibadan?
honsule:

i will be your counsel.I will represent and do the case for u pro bono

Barr. A.O Sule Esq i announce appearance for the Plaintiff wink wink
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Bezed(m): 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
that has always been the case with mtn, always coming out with promo which never ends well.. My own case is over billing.. 200 naira can only make about 5 mins call for me, imagine even yester day i spent 400 naira, and dey came up with the massage that i just made 100 naira call that i should spend 20naira more to get 600 naira, the massage made me laugh, cos i know what they are capable of. deceitfull marketers with devilish marketing strategy
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by mcfranc(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
I have also observed with utmost dismay that the rate placed on the 500% airtime bonus recently is highly mischievous. Imagine making a 20+ minutes call and the whole N1000 bonus just vanished! Do we have regulators in this country?
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by ayomidis(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mtn as neva and wil neva b a reasonable network i can bet the leg of their md
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by ARareGem(f): 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Chai! Ofe nor good. Una sorry o. LWTMB.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by gp66(m): 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
MTN- Modern Theft Network. We shud start redirecting to other network. I suggest we shud patronize our own network Glo
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Okimski(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
the trick to use if you want to get your bonus is to call other networks
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Emmyanuel(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
omo na so i experienced same fin day b4 ystdy mtn duped me used up more dan 120 being ma daily target wifout receivin anyfn
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by emyguz(m): 10:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
I guess its high time we abandoned MTN and migrate to Etisalat and airtel.

If not that MTN dominated the telecom market in Nigeria, it wouldn't be ripping us off like this. Amongst all their tariff plans, its only Mtn pulse i admire. But yet what is it compared to Etisalat's easy cliq tariff?

The other time it was upgrading, now they are trying to indirectly cover up their loses by ripping us off in their fake 500% bonus.

If I may ask, why is it that anything that comes from south africa to Nigeria must be fraudulent? If you doubt me, check out them DSTV AND MTN. Both from south africa. Even Naija boys who travel over there and get back here are turned automatically into frauds. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reason am.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
What ever happened to the MTN win Aeroplane promo? It's been off the air waves for sometime now. I hope they were not forced to rest it by the regulatory authority.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by mkoabiola: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
Infact mtn has also scam me.
Am surprise d 500% bonus is nothing despite I used d daily target.
Dey shud b sanctioned .
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Americasman(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
deejay_harry1: What is mtn?
Mobile thiefing network grin
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Birniwa(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
I've Always said that too, they're the bigest scam ever. After this glitch, I also noticed that they increased how much they charge you per minute when you use the bonus. Actually it was N18/min when you use the bonus but just recently (day before yesterday) they increased it to N30/min flat without any formal notice. Now I ask everyone, is this fair? Or do MTN simply think that every Nigerian is stupid? Enough is enough, I've already switched network!
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Amdoyin(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Airtel is da best anytime, anyday... I hate mtn wif passion. I tot it ws d best ntwrk not until i ws scammed by their fradaulent bonanza som yrs ago... They ar devil who wud giv u sheep 2 rear nd collect elephant in return.. Rubbish netwrk.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by doofanc: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
I really wonder what people are still doing in mtn where airtel dey.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by 360command: 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
with all this information here in NL, they are sources of evidence which we can use against MTN in the court of law.

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by ibnquasale(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
BodyKiss: I started noticing since yesterday, whenever I finish making call, MTN will show me my last call charge as the total call I've made for the whole day. At first I couldn't believe it, but after many calls, it was certain. Called a friend of mine and he confirmed to be experiencing the same thing.

I've spent more than my daily target today, as I did yesterday, but never got anything. This SIM is going back to where I brought it out from, no doubt.

Anybody experiencing the same thing?
i called them and they said they are working on it, that was about 14rs ago... empty hen na thief jare
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by lumeneng22: 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
Can you imagine the mesage they sent to me? I should go about telling people who have not use their sim from april to august to put it back in to their phone and text free to 231 to get 50mins free. Then we loyal customers na mumu no freebe for us, wayo people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack / Globacom Has Launched A New Tariff Plan, GLO BOUNCE. / Differences Between BB & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.