Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? (16762 Views)

Mtn Has Started To Block Sims With Unlimited Browsing-aka Magic Sim / Glo Bonus: Get 500% Airtime Bonus While Making Calls / MTN PROMO: How To Get 500% Bonus Till Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by profeoo(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
Emptyhen is scamming no one. D̶̲̅éý re simply upgrading dat service @ d moment. D only problem wit dem is their failure 2communicate dis wit their customers ryt on tym.bt as u kw,its business..*lot of ppl wil stop recharging if d̶̲̅éý dd. Anyway,emptyhen remains yr best connection
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by gentleoyink: 11:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
Abeg make I laugh small. grin There is something common about those of them complaining. They recharge within the range of N100 to N200. grin

Tell me why MTN no go change their mind? They started the promo to encourage guys to buy more credit by dangling the apple of big bonuses. But trust Nigerians na.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Seemyfather(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
Rame thing happen to me today. After spending my daily target of 200 naira, a notification message came to me that; 'you've just spend 133 naira out of your daily target... Spend 67 naira more to receive your 1000 whatever whatever'

Abeg make una help as MTN sey na by force dem dey take do promo?

Infact be the call go gree enter self, you need to go to God in prayer for like an hour plus sef. Abeg 9ja people, me I tire o! smiley
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by hardbody: 11:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
BodyKiss: I started noticing since yesterday, whenever I finish making call, MTN will show me my last call charge as the total call I've made for the whole day. At first I couldn't believe it, but after many calls, it was certain. Called a friend of mine and he confirmed to be experiencing the same thing.

I've spent more than my daily target today, as I did yesterday, but never got anything. This SIM is going back to where I brought it out from, no doubt.

Anybody experiencing the same thing?

It might sound silly but they stopped handing me the agreed freebie so I sent them a text calling them fraudsters and cheats and demanded that they give me my fair due. I got a response that my text went to wrong place or something of that sort but guess what.....I started getting my bonuses almost immediately
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
I experinced it once,but they rectified it when i called them.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by nannyo(f): 2:07am On Nov 07, 2012
first they increased my 100 target to 120 without notice and 2days ago, I started the day by m*king less impt calls, hoping ill make the impt calls with my bonus, my dear, I spent 200 with them deceiving me that I h*ve spent just 69. The d*y was really bleeped for me cos I couldn't make. Those calls for that day since it was late a"ready.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Mucokey(m): 3:58am On Nov 07, 2012
rman: Nigerians are funny . The same people that complains MTN rates are expensive are now angry calls are cheaper and there credits isn't deducted because of bonus grin

where's ur thinking faculty located? Even if re ain't a direct victim here why not try n hear ppl out ...? I noticed this on saturday buh never actually taken account of dis whole demeanour. Buh just yesterday, I was having #67 before recharging #400 n my daily target was supposed to be #120...even after seeing my balance at like #235, EMPTY HEAD was still short_changing my credit by displaying dat I had only used abt #43 all day long until I called the customer care only for her to plead with me to bear with them since other customers have been experiencing same. WTF!
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by kayLion(m): 5:57am On Nov 07, 2012
if after you make your calls, a message is displayed, telling you how many seconds and how much your last call is..then, no bonus..just send EOCN OFF to 131 to kill that display message...that's what I did when they cheated me of 150...
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by chrisemy01: 6:03am On Nov 07, 2012
Which number did u send d sms to?

So my people, wetin we go come do now as Empty na acclaimed mega scam? How we go take start d revolt make e make sense cos NCC dey smile go Bank whether network dey or not.
hardbody:

It might sound silly but they stopped handing me the agreed freebie so I sent them a text calling them fraudsters and cheats and demanded that they give me my fair due. I got a response that my text went to wrong place or something of that sort but guess what.....I started getting my bonuses almost immediately
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by nodullin(m): 6:13am On Nov 07, 2012
I had ma 1st xperience of d scam last wk thursdai.. After using up ma daily limit I was told I had just spent 83N. Dat I should use 117 more.. I recharged and used it up.. And they said I should use 73 more..

Same fin on friday.. Sat.. And sundai..

I just dump'd d line and switched back 2 ma oda network.

Mtn should be sued!!!
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by nkenu(m): 6:47am On Nov 07, 2012
MTN is a fruadulent service provider, they are actually taking back what they have given. I started noticing mine since 1 Nov, 12. Infact, i am returning my MTN sim back to my wooden box and lock it. undecided shocked
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Jaywon242(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2012
gulfer: Totally disagree, why the hatred for Yello @ this period, remember MTN in Nigeria us run by Nigerians. Stop the hate.
So if it's run by Nigerians and it's messing up,we shld not condemn them? Smh....nonsense
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Jaywon242(m): 7:15am On Nov 07, 2012
Eze Promoe: With all the grammar wey una dey blow for Nairaland here, i think say all Nairalanders na big men, see as them dey cry for common N200 - N500, even people wey dey in diaspora grin Nairalanders! MTN the only good thing una dey do na to make Nairalanders expose their real self. grin grin grin
pls shut up. Re dey not Nigerians? Common N200-N500? Go and steal common N200 in Aluu if they wnt burn u alive

1 Like

Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Emusan(m): 7:17am On Nov 07, 2012
gulfer: Totally disagree, why the hatred for Yello @ this period, remember MTN in Nigeria us run by Nigerians. Stop the hate.
So meaning dat he shud nt complain rite on top of his money, even if it is my dad's company. MTN na scam....gringringrin
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by sundaybam(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2012
I noticed it when they started that it is going to end like this.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Liverpoolfc(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2012
okpara ugo:

Can you convince us u never subscribed to the MTN 500percent bonus Nah people like you make MTN begin cheat for dis bonus.
i didnot because mtn wrecked me in wn i sent YES to 1010, they were deducting N100 frm my sim daily. I will never play or jump into promo. After all, who i dey call? See Glo, asking stupid question to give points in order to win 6M. Na only wole dey win? Who be dis wole self? Who don see anyperson who don win dis Glo test for million?
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by josiahriches(m): 7:39am On Nov 07, 2012
Even me too,mtn na wa ooh
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Joe5(m): 7:40am On Nov 07, 2012
rman: Nigerians are funny . The same people that complains MTN rates are expensive are now angry calls are cheaper and there credits isn't deducted because of bonus grin

where is your head, are you sleeping? The complaints are that call rates are high and actual call summary not correctly reported.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by solomonjoel: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2012
Gosh! Neva knew d news is all ova, i was even tinking its a personal tin, am experiencing tin nw.....i dnt blame them
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by rabonni(m): 8:11am On Nov 07, 2012
if you are i into sport betting "(football) visit www.betagist..com and i promise u if you follow him u can never loose again he makes his living from sport betting
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by luluosas(m): 8:19am On Nov 07, 2012
Hotdiamond: MTN CHANGE YOUR LIFE PROMO
win a well furnished duplex at Victoria Island, a brand New BMW X6, a job paying you N12M per annum, a wife and kids. Text MUGU to 419.
TERMS AND CONDITION APPLY
No kill person with laff oooo. So, all of you like awuf like this? Na waoooo.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by luluosas(m): 8:22am On Nov 07, 2012
gentleoyink: Abeg make I laugh small. grin There is something common about those of them complaining. They recharge within the range of N100 to N200. grin

Tell me why MTN no go change their mind? They started the promo to encourage guys to buy more credit by dangling the apple of big bonuses. But trust Nigerians na.
Glo also have the 500% bonus running on their network but, it is not based on your recharge. Rather, it is based on how much you are expected to spend in a day and bonus lasts for two days when you are credited.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Kasfud: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2012
i tot i was d onli one o. i loaded 4h i made some kals n empty hen was tellin mi i just made 86naira wateva kals dey re kalin it. chckin mi bal i was lft wit 10naira can u imagin dis empty hen pple.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by pagold: 8:54am On Nov 07, 2012
I used 400 naira credit last week mtn did not give me any bonus,but this week they've started giving me. Thanks to mtn
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by toniatt(f): 8:56am On Nov 07, 2012
they are real scamer
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by geezyk(m): 9:07am On Nov 07, 2012
If not for all this gals that use MTN I would have forgotten I ever used that stupid ntwk,things we do for gals sha SMH
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by KingsleyCEO: 9:22am On Nov 07, 2012
MTN is a perfect example of worst, even beyond worst. The government just keep allowing them to milk Nigerians. I also experienced this issue of not getting the bonus, this is not in anyway different from scam. With all the stupid and noise making about ''UPGRADING''. Upgrading my foot. To come think of it, they are going about this Christmas hustling in a wrong way. God help Nigeria.
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2012
gulfer: All if you are on a one way ticket, even those who never met a paltry N120 daily call total. If you got the money, you won't be after their promo.

Why we are stuck in the 3rd world
You think spending more money makes you a better person?
SMH...
FYI, the born/classy rich buy generic products, how they amass wealth, brands later beg them to use their products, for free!...the wannabes and nouve rich go for brands as soon as they see money

With all due respect....your argument does not hold any water, at all
I don't want to see you as shallow based on just these 2 posts from you, ciao
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by Epignosis19: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2012
d upgradin tin is all rubbish....i dunno if they are upgrading from 3G to 3.75G ooo....but we will all see at d end of their upgrade d results of all dis scam.
My bro loaded #200 yday and till he exhausted his acct, he was told to use #43 more to get daily balance of #120...WAF
Tried callin d CC but u can bet, upgradin tins no make am go but credit they enta...LOsL...SSMH...i taya
Re: MTN Has Started Scamming On The 500% Bonus? by gulfer: 10:21am On Nov 07, 2012
milychocs:

Why we are stuck in the 3rd world
You think spending more money makes you a better person?
SMH...
FYI, the born/classy rich buy generic products, how they amass wealth, brands later beg them to use their products, for free!...the wannabes and nouve rich go for brands as soon as they see money

With all due respect....your argument does not hold any water, at all
I don't want to see you as shallow based on just these 2 posts from you, ciao
You know your problem is? Its called the 'Bandwagon effect', as soon as someone starts badgering a particular thing or product; you join in the act. Some of you load N200, browse with it and make few calls, when you check your balance and discover, its past your required usage; you say you've been defrauded or do you think data usage is free? Wake up man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Things All Yahoo Mail Users Must Do After The 1 Billion Accounts Hack / Globacom Has Launched A New Tariff Plan, GLO BOUNCE. / Differences Between BB & Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.