Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Can You Marry Your Best Friend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Your Best Friend? (1033 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / When You Marry Your Landlord's Daughter Just To Avoid Rent(picture) / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Princephelar(m): 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
Can you marry your best friend or you'll prefer starting up a serious relationship with someone else? 'Cos sometimes when guys are trying to get serious and ask their closest female friends to marry them,the most popular reply I've heard of so far is 'YOUR KIDDING, RIGHT?'
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2012
Rhetorical question! sad why not!
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by eldoradoxx: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2012
Sure, the best person to marry remains your best friend!!! Friendship to me will endure when love fails, friends stick closer than 'mere' lover, when you have truly built true friendship then marrying your friend u truly understand, share your views with, admire, inspire becomes an added advantage to the union!!!
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
@OP
there are best friends AND best friends......... how can you ask A FRIEND to marry you?! it makes no damn sense. first you need to try to finally become her BF, before even thinking of marrying her (and sadly, some will forever remain nothing more than just FRIENDS).

if you have a best friend and decide that she will make a good wife, then you need to take the RIGHT CHANNEL in order to achieve that, by FIRST trying to have her as your GF, and second, possibly having her as a wife down the line.....putting the carriage before the horses is counter productive and very stoopid. this person still is a FRIEND, and you are mistakingly believing that because people say that your wife should be your best friend TOO (important word being TOO), you therefore assume that a best friend would automatically fit perfectly as the best possible wife....WRONG!!!!!

some friends are not meant to be ANYTHING MORE than just that.....FRIENDS.

also what you wrote below is quite funny, as it says a lot about the type of guys you are talking about:

Princephelar: 'Cos sometimes when guys are trying to get serious and ask their closest female friends to marry them
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by UjSizzle(f): 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
^ Mr epistle has said it all.

And yes i can marry my best friend ....after laughing tho grin
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Ariyke: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
Of course I can marry my best friend
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by lillyveezy: 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2012
Marry ur best friend biko. It's alot much easier,ie if u peep connect else move on.
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Subuhanalahi: 4:38pm On Nov 06, 2012
Insha Allah, I will be getting married to my best friend in December.
Re: Can You Marry Your Best Friend? by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
Why would I marry my best friend?

I am not GAY

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls No Point Of Sleeping Around If You Are From A Good Background / What Would U Do If Your 19- Yr Old Daughter Falls In Love With A 65-yr Old Man? / What Attracts Women To Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.