Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

When Is The Best Age To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Best Age To Get Married? (5076 Views)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship / When Is The Appropriate Age To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by flyKUDE(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2006
i'm 26,and still confused to the bone on what age is best, to get married.i know it should be different for both boys and girls.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by desiree(f): 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2006
I guess when you meet the right person for you and all other things are in place--there should be a specific age when people shouldn't get married as long as you are over 18.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by SweetnSour(f): 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2006
well I'd say a lady sshould be married latest 25
If she's not married at that age, she should have a spouse and shud be getting ready to tie the knot,
A gu y should marry latest 30- 35
It's okay for him to marry b4 thn though
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by Kave(m): 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2006
Girl 24/25, guy 28/29.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by Hotstepper(f): 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2006
whenva u r ready dat is if you arein a serious relationship and you know for sure that you will marry the person cuz by da time you clock 28 and u r not married not even engaged, u will be forced 2 marry whoeva cuz ppl would be looking at u as in why u ain't married yet esp. in that Nigeria or even as a Nigerian, I would love to get married at 27 personally kiss
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by Bright2(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2006
My dear,based on this days potency problem i think 3oyears 4de boys,25 for de girls.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by disney(f): 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2006
The best age to get married for me sha is 27-28 yrs old for ladies and 29-35 for men , at least by then you are stable a bit, have a career and thing de kampe.

Marriage today no be just honey honey, you have to have a stable income to look after a family if you no want suffer.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by SIBLI06(m): 3:23pm On Apr 20, 2006
Don't put a timeline on marraige. If you believe in a age limit (Age Guide) you could end up making a mistake by rushing into it just because your perceived time is almost up. When the time comes you will know. I was 30 yrs and my wife 29 yrs.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by Free(f): 3:51pm On Apr 20, 2006
Girl 24/25, guy 28/29

yesp cheesy grin
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by mavic1(f): 12:19am On Apr 25, 2006
WELL I GUESS THERE'S NO RIGHT AGE OR RIGHT TIME WHEN SOMETHING FEELS RIGHT,
YOU HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT PERSON FIRST,

WHEN YOU HAVE FOUND HER,
THINK,
AM I WILLING TO SACRIFICE EVERYTHING FOR HER,
AND IF THE ANSWER IS YES, THEN,
YOU GOT THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM!!!
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by olutomiwa(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2006
75,by den u must av LEARNT and AQUIRED everythn.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by segun111(m): 2:54am On Oct 14, 2006
It doesn't matter what age you get married, what matters most is: are you ready to get married; meaning have you fulfilled some of your dreams may it be education, employment, vacation such as places to visit. Don't let anyone pressure you in getting married, those people who are encouraging you will not be there for you during the raining days, yes there is going to be a raining day because that is part of maturity and overcoming adversity makes you a mature lady.

So you are 26, look at the most successful lady on TV - Oprah Winfield who is older than you, does she cares how people feel about her not married, perhaps or perhaps not, but it seems to me that she is happy in the way that she is at the present moment even when everyone question her independence. Please take your time if you have to, but planning is the most important aspect of marriage, Good luck.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by Memunah(f): 12:00pm On Oct 14, 2006
Yeah you are definitely right your age doesnt really depicts you are ripe for marriage.so u ve got to be ready b4 thinking of marriage so as not to rush in to marriage and rush out cos of financial problems.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by CrazyMan(m): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2006
Marriage for me, is when you are financially stable, matured enough to take decisions on your own and ready to become a father or mother. I don’t think it (marriage) has any thing to do with age.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by hotchic1(f): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2007
As a guy,youneed to be sure that you can take care of a whole family,anything between 25 and 35 is ok in as much as you find the right chic because there's no point rushing into it if you dont have a gurl you can tolerate.

I think a lady should get married between the age of 21 and 26.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by kingkams(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2007
For girls, i believe the earlier, the better. You know, due to 'wear and tear' caused by time. As for guys, as soon as you are comfortable enough to cope with both the task and financial implication.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by IBDat(m): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2007
My response would have to be when you and your partner are ready to FULLY commit to that level of relationship. Finance is a factor but it doesn't mean you have to start a family straight away - some even start it before. Being married is a public agreement n celebration of two people's lifetime commitment to eachother in Gods, family n friend's presence (a factor that is commonly ignored nowadays) nothing else.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by soulpatrol(f): 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2007
pls, whatever age you get married, just remember that its going to be a whole new show. you better be ready to take care of your family, meaning be financially stable. because that's one of the top reasons why marriages break up nowadays. so pls don't give in to the pressure from your families all in the name of just getting married. some families push you to do it for their own selfish reasons. you better be matured enough emotionally to handle wahala when it arises.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by wifeypenth(f): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2007
Mariage has nutin 2do wit age.its jus d level of maturity of d two.sum people are old bt cant handle marital issues.i thnk its maturity dat determines time of mariage
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by dremoney(m): 11:04am On Apr 24, 2007
wifeypenth:

Marriage has nutin 2do wit age.its jus d level of maturity of d two.sum people are old bt can't handle marital issues.i thnk its maturity that determines time of mariage

that's d KOKO
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by 9ja4eva: 11:22am On Apr 24, 2007
Yu r right
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by whiteroses(f): 11:54am On Apr 24, 2007
get married now you are too old not to get married aren't you 26? you better make your boyfriend start planning for ur wedding because you won't know when you'll turn 27, then 28 then 30. 26 is old enough for crying out loud
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2007
when your ready take full concern and responsibility of yourself and another person. also when your think you have found someone, you can be able to tolerate for the rest of your life.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by mrpataki(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2007
Welcome back Thoniaslim!
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2007
yeah, thanks i know its been a while now. what up with you? how have you been?
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by mrpataki(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2007
Am great. Wanna apologise for been nasty the last time we met on nairaland. That was on the 14th of February!

Really sorry though. embarassed
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2007
hey,its okay. if i still had it on mind, i wouldn't even be replying you, i would just ignore you. so forget it. wink
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by mrpataki(m): 2:30pm On Apr 24, 2007
A matured lady speaking here! wink
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by 9ja4eva: 2:31am On Apr 25, 2007
LOL
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by donan(m): 11:37am On Apr 25, 2007
Lol, i can see dat u want to get it done at the right tym. All the best guy. i think 26 is ok.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by tunmininu(f): 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2007
For me 23-25 is okay for the ladies while 30 is right for the guy and it also depends on the level of maturity.
Re: When Is The Best Age To Get Married? by sabbi(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2007
marriage has to do with patience, and as the saying goes a patient dog eats the fattest bone. Don't rush because others are doing it. Make sure you have all the resources first before marriage. I see age as nothing but a number, for a girl max of 27 is okay, but for a guy say 30yrs. Don't be in a hurry! We all will get married.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Lover Is Illiterate! What Next? / Is It Morally OK For A Pastor To Take Photos Like This? / outdated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.