Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? (8524 Views)

Do You Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? / What Make U Dislike A Guy Or Girl At First Sight / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Ra(f): 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2005
More like lust at first sight, if you ask me wink
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by vexxy(f): 12:07am On Aug 26, 2005
I agree with Ra.  I would think that love comes after you get the chance to know someone.

This reminds me of a bad pick up line:

Excuse me but do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again. . .
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Viktor(m): 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2005
Does it really exist....Well from my own point of view the answer's No it doesnt.Here's the deal you dont just see some guy or girl and then fall in love justlike that.It's only a depressed person who will fallin love with some other person on their 1st meeting.Wat's ur opinion ?
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by digitalove(m): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2005
Sorry to burst you bubble doc,but there ait no such thing as love at first sight.There is infatuation at first sight though. grin
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by whiteshark(m): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2005
sorry ooo But I beg to disagree with you guys..

If there is nothing like love at first sight then what is that thing that holds you spell bound when you see someone for the first time and you have a lump in your troat that does not go away. You eat, dream think and feel that person until .... wetin be that feeling abeg?
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Greatpeter(m): 12:03pm On Sep 10, 2005
I will say Yes! I believe love at first sight.

Even at internet sight grin
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by layi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2005
whiteshark:

sorry ooo But I beg to disagree with you guys..

If there is nothing like love at first sight then what is that thing that holds you spell bound when you see someone for the first time and you have a lump in your troat that does not go away. You eat, dream think and feel that person until .... wetin be that feeling abeg?

Infatuation.

Love isnt a deadly passion.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Greatpeter(m): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2005
Hu! Latoya cry
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by WesleyanA(f): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2005
awwwwwww. GP's crying. sad
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by whiteshark(m): 12:37am On Sep 11, 2005
and y may I ask if Great pete crying?

Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by hotangel2(f): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2005
GP never cries.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Greatpeter(m): 7:29am On Sep 11, 2005
Cry never, over what?
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by hotangel2(f): 7:32am On Sep 11, 2005
I 3der (wonder) ooo. cheesy
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by otokx(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2005
there was the babe i saw one night in a cyber cafe, her seductive dressing "crazy iruka" almost blinded me but i decided to use my head so i chilled. I later saw her the following day near her hostel and i was very sorry for she was "an epitome of all ugility" her "manchester" not with standing so gees apply wisdom o...
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by vexxy(f): 2:17pm On Sep 12, 2005
I can vouch for a story like that. One night a few years ago I went to a club with a few of my girls. One of them hooked up with a guy that night saying that he could be "the one."

The following week they went on a date.

That was the end of it. She left mid-date and never spoke to him again.

I don't think there is love at first sight but there is "chemistry" that makes you want to see this person again or get to know them further.

Another stroy of chemistry/connection:

A pastor friend of mine was walking down the street and he bumped into a lady. He said that there was something about her that just pleased his very soul. They dated for 2 weeks, he proposed, they were married 7 months later. They are still going strong (married for 7 years) with two beautiful children.

He didn't say love at first sight but he did say there was a connection.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by layi(m): 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2005
2 weeks? shocked
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by vexxy(f): 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2005
2 weeks. Can you believe it?

He said he prayed about it and it just felt so right.

Here's another one: (I love love stories)

Some friends of ours who live in a different state were in love with each other. She was 19 and he was 21. They dated for only 5 months before getting married. The parents didn't think it would work so they were against it at first. These two have just celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary. They have 9 children, 20 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.

I love hearing their story every time they tell it.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by DEKING3(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2005
Whao vexxy, those were real life stories? If they are, I hope some would not be misled by it cause those involved did not say it was love at 1st sight.
The bottom line is use your head and pray to God.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by vexxy(f): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2005
Yes, King, they were both real life stories and neither of them said love at first sight. They did, however, say that they had a "connection" which lead them to investigate further.

That's my point: I don't believe in love at first sight but there is something that may make you feel a connection to a person. It's just like meeting someone for the fist time but you converse with the person like you've known them for ages. Not love, but a connection that is willing you to look into the matter further. cheesy
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by DEKING3(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2005
Hmmmmm, that's very true vexxy. But some people are just allow themselves to be overcome by their emotions, hence, they say "love at 1st sight"
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by vexxy(f): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2005
Yes but emotions can lead us in a very wrong direction. So I'd say be careful if you think it's love at first sight. Take time to truly assess the situation.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by DEKING3(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2005
I agree with you vexxy.
Emotions are feelings
Feelings are unstable
And you can't depend on something unstable, so verify and be sure.
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by johnbosco(m): 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2005
i call it attraction at first sight.
there cant be love at first sight, na wetin u be winshh.

the thing is when u see someone and u attracted u gat to check it out and kow if its really what u saw or thought,now when it comes out to be what he/she thought they say it was love at first sight..
well..
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by pearldrops(f): 5:29pm On Sep 29, 2005
LOVE at first sight? hun r u nuts gosh dat sounds more like INFATUATION to me
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by nddy(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2005
there is nothing like love in the first place, people just mess around while using the words
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by damage(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2005
smileywell i never believed in it until i met someone. i was like gosh if i don't walk up to her i wuold die miserable. thing funny thing now is that she is giving me a hell of a tough time. and i don't mind cry
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by layi(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2005
@Damage

We arent denying such feelings. We feel that way too some times but my dear that isnt love. Its attraction...and funny enough the strongest kind of attraction is never equal to love.
If its not love..its not the same thing as love.

*advise*
Try change ur name...maybe she thinks u want to damage her life grin
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Owen(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2005
There ain't no luv at first sight...just infatuation which may become luv sometime later embarassed
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Seun(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2005
Re: Do You Believe in Love at First Sight? by Eaglebabe: 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2009
There is no hard and fast rules about the number of times u see one b/f u can fall in love with him or her.It is a thing of sight and mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Da Ladies,if Ur Boy Friend Slaps U Whats Ur Best Reaction? / Ladies, What Age Did U Have Yr First Smooch? / Am bleeped!! ,my Girlfriend Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.