Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe (6283 Views)

APC Reveals Transition Committee’s Terms Of Reference That Earned Buhari FG Rebu / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by postemail: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Omo, I'm tired of this country.
*Bleep* the country!
*Bleep* all the mo'fvckers on this site who act and write like everything in this Shyt hole country is honkeydoorey!
Hello people! It ain't rosy here; and those in charge are a bunch of greedy coons.
Churches are everywhere.... Wickedness everywhere!!! I wonder how people can claim to be born again when every facet of life here is corrupt.Nothing is in anyway easy, i mean nothing! except you throw money at it.

Sorry, good fellas, I had to air my frustrations! But no apologies to dumb coons!

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by femliany(m): 9:42am On Nov 09, 2012
GEJ's. Is looting and covering and Nigerians are looking
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by nero2003: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Ribadu should go back and finished the work.We attached too much sentiments to matters.Why was the report leaked by Ribadu?

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by omenziate(m): 9:49am On Nov 09, 2012
Here we go again - Nigeria and its many lies. Why delve into the matter if it was gonna b rejected anyways (whether true or false). Why waste our precious time.?
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by smileyprin(m): 9:51am On Nov 09, 2012
omoabike:
Chief,
Are you aware that there were consultants and auditors from PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC)involved in the work of the committee?
So I do not understand what you are saying. Have you read the report at all or are you one of the people who elRufai said don't read?
The report have been circulating for sometime now online and I will advise you to go and read it rather than listen to what you are told.
Exactly my thought bro.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by smileyprin(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2012
Elueme: The committee should come back and clarify their mess.. Ribadu had fought corruption well in the past, though at a biase and partisan level, but I suspected he had something up his sleeves the moment that incomplete report was leaked to the international press. The rebound effect this could have on his reputation if he actually tried to sabotage government through this assignment for a suspected cheap political point will be unprecedented.. Orosanye could be right afterall.
But coming to think abt it the report gettn leked might prompt the govt to take bold steps against all indicted because the truth is already an open secret
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by killuminati(m): 9:55am On Nov 09, 2012
Last to comment undecided

Any prize?
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by naja2: 9:58am On Nov 09, 2012
Turbocharged:
How is that a credit to Ribadu's CV?
There's no how you can carry out an investigation of such magnitude without the involvement of professional Auditors and Consultants. In every audit, the keyword is "Investigation", "Verification" and "Reconciliation" of accounts and then "Recommendation" From what we hear, Ribadu only did the investigations and recommendations, leaving out the verification and reconciliation of accounts.
Ribadu went there to score cheap "Political Goals". If not, why should he leak the report to the media even before submitting it to the one that engaged his services. You guys are always amazing. The ones that were verified and reconciled what has retardeen done about it, what is Ribadu report saying dat we dont know, ur boss is pathetically corrupt ao he wont and cant fight corruption, there is no need trying to blame Ribadu for the failure of this committee cos all the reports of all the comittes set up by ur boss ve been programmed to fail cos they will never be implemented and Nigerians are no longer hoodwinked anylonger.

NIGERIANS AND PRIDE sef.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by mkoabiola: 10:00am On Nov 09, 2012
President attack lion in action.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by smileyprin(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2012
Work Done equals Zero. shame!
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by freebloke: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2012
post.email:
Omo, I'm tired of this country.
*Bleep* the country!
*Bleep* all the mo'fvckers on this site who act and write like everything in this Shyt hole country is honkeydoorey!
Hello people! It ain't rosy here; and those in charge are a bunch of greedy coons.
Churches are everywhere.... Wickedness everywhere!!! I wonder how people can claim to be born again when every facet of life here is corrupt.Nothing is in anyway easy, i mean nothing! except you throw money at it.

Sorry, good fellas, I had to air my frustrations! But no apologies to dumb coons!
sori bro... Mi sef tyr o.
Dem go dey do us 'd more u look d less u see' and sum peeps go dey hia dey write grammar while d gov continue wit dia game.
Anyways sha... I blow u sum phresh hia.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Mepounds(m): 10:12am On Nov 09, 2012
RIBABU WHY?U HAVE FAULTED THE LAST CHANCE GIVEN 2 YOU.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by FrankC3: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2012
omoabike:
Chief,
Are you aware that there were consultants and auditors from PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC)involved in the work of the committee?
So I do not understand what you are saying. Have you read the report at all or are you one of the people who elRufai said don't read?
The report have been circulating for sometime now online and I will advise you to go and read it rather than listen to what you are told.

Were you the one that posted PWC and other consultants to the committee? We know the name of members of this committee.

I have maintained from day one that if you have a dirty job to do, Orosanye is not the guy to engage. If you have ever had something to do with Federal Civil Service when he was at the helm, you better know your stuff and have the right attitude. Steve is one hell of a process guy. He believes everybody can do it if the process is fool proof.

Let me repeat again, if Rubadu was given such an important assignment and he did not conduct independent figure verification and revert back to government for verification, he has failed woefully. Yes!! Okupe is terribly right. It is only in Nigeria that a committee come up with a report that indict a $100b worth organization without verified figures to back it up. ACN propaganda machine and other individuals brainwashed by Lagos press can never see anything wrong with it.

As i will always advice, people should learn to gather information for themselves and make an informed judgement and not base it on whatever NL or LTV pass on to them. Imagine, somebody is still calling this 'work in progress' a report and is even calling for prosecution of people indicted with unverified figures. What an embarrassment!

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by ballabriggs: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2012
Frank-C:

Were you the one that posted PWC and other consultants to the committee? We know the name of members of this committee.

I have maintained from day one that if you have a dirty job to do, Orosanye is not the guy to engage. If you have ever had something to do with Federal Civil Service when he was at the helm, you better know your stuff and have the right attitude. Steve is one hell of a process guy. He believes everybody can do it if the process is fool proof.

Let me repeat again, if Rubadu was given such an important assignment and he did not conduct independent figure verification and revert back to government for verification, he has failed woefully. Yes!! Okupe is terribly right. It is only in Nigeria that a committee come up with a report that indict a $100b worth organization without verified figures to back it up. ACN propaganda machine and other individuals brainwashed by Lagos press can never see anything wrong with it.

As i will always advice, people should learn to gather information for themselves and make an informed judgement and not base it on whatever NL or LTV pass on to them. Imagine, somebody is still calling this 'work in progress' a report and is even calling for prosecution of people indicted with unverified figures. What an embarrassment!

How material are those your 'unverified' figures to the outcome of the investigation.

I have worked partly in compliance and there is no where you carry out a 100% verification. You only select samples that are material to the outcome of your investigation.

Did Steve Orasanye who hardly attended committee meetings and lacks independence being a member of the NNPC board, carry out any procedure to determine the materiality of these so called 'unverified' figures.

So how did he reach his conclusion?

Orosanye is a thorough man as you claim, but the same Orosanye agreed to be a part of the NNPC board which he ought to be investigating? What kind of thorough man does not understand the basics of being a member of an investigative committee?
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Elueme: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by jmaine(m): 9:21am
Elueme: The committee should come back and clarify their mess.. Ribadu had fought corruption well in the past, though at a biase and partisan level, but I suspected he had something up his sleeves the moment that incomplete report was leaked to the international press. The rebound effect this could have on his reputation if he actually tried to sabotage government through this assignment for a suspected cheap political point will be unprecedented.. Orosanye could be right afterall.

"He is, cos recents event shows Ribadu actually did not follow the right procedures to tender a fool proof report . . .And yet the lousy opposition who love to ejacula!ate over nothing will scream murder"

Nigerians should hold Ribadu responsible if this report is watered down.. You can't implement fully a report that didn't follow due procedure and standard. I still can't believe that Ribadu of all people after his experience as a police officer and EFCC boss will not know the implications of certain actions and inactions. Unilaterally reaching a decision without due consultation from the other parties involved and going ahead to state unequivocally that the committee could not verify the claims and asking FG to do so is a trap for FG by Ribadu and his opposition parties backer..
It is easy to be resentful against govt and abhor anything about government because we have been disappointed on countless occasion or still some don't like the faces of the people presently occupying the seat for different reasons but we should be courageous to tell ourselves some plain truth and judge if Ribadu has done well with this report? From the accusation of not carrying other members along and unilaterally reaching a decision as alleged by Orosanya and Oti which he smartly defended by accusing them of compromising by accepting appointment by the NNPC to this shady work of non - verification of claims.. Let you and I be the judge. I speak with pains because I want the petroleum sector sanitized and I don't want any loop hole that will give our common enemies ground to escape justice. The presidency has however, promised to implement the recommendations but Ribadu should come and complete his work.

5 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by dad007(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2012
D head dey smell,the body dey rotten,and we are watching,angry,and dieing [color=#990000][/color]EVERYDAY 4 D THIEVE,BUT ONE DAY?
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Iolo(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2012
smileyprin: Exactly my thought bro.

The online report and the one submitted to the President are two different things. That's another red mark on its own.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Iolo(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2012
ballabriggs:

How material are those your 'unverified' figures to the outcome of the investigation.

I have worked partly in compliance and there is no where you carry out a 100% verification. You only select samples that are material to the outcome of your investigation.

Did Steve Orasanye who hardly attended committee meetings and lacks independence being a member of the NNPC board, carry out any procedure to determine the materiality of these so called 'unverified' figures.

So how did he reach his conclusion?

Orosanye is a thorough man as you claim, but the same Orosanye agreed to be a part of the NNPC board which he ought to be investigating? What kind of thorough man does not understand the basics of being a member of an investigative committee?

The issue is that numbers were not independently verified and the govt can't act on such figures making the report half useless till a complete job is done.
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by AkinDavid2: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2012
Nigeria we hail thee! my instinct told me earlier this will happen infact Ribadu knew the game plan and that was why he leaked the report if he actually did.It will take a long time! I prefer to change my country than changing my colour undecided
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by billyG(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2012
angryAbegi!tell that okupe pig to close his Big flippant mouth sad
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by escobar07(m): 10:52am On Nov 09, 2012
so to d dustbin, okupe?
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Elueme: 10:58am On Nov 09, 2012
smileyprin: But coming to think abt it the report gettn leked might prompt the govt to take bold steps against all indicted because the truth is already an open secret
I feel same bro until recent turn of events. There might be more to it
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by franchizy(m): 10:59am On Nov 09, 2012
OMG, how can foolish people here be commenting on wat they heard and not what they have read. GEJ is the corruption Nigerians should fight. The Ribadu Committee did there work according to the terms of referrence please
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Gbawe: 11:08am On Nov 09, 2012
franchizy: OMG, how can foolish people here be commenting on wat they heard and not what they have read. GEJ is the corruption Nigerians should fight. The Ribadu Committee did there work according to the terms of referrence please

Absolutely. The man came into power supported by the most corrupt in the land. In fact, it was embarrassing how so many corrupt men and AGIPs (any government in power) united to endorse and support 'project GEJ' before last year's election.

Only a fool will not realise that such nefarious support for GEJ came because corruption recognised one of its own i.e a man who will let the looting continue because he is happy to 'loot and let loot'. Seeing the talk of some here makes one want to weep for Nigeria. I personally think it is simplistic to blame bad leadership alone for our woes. Terrible followership is a very potent part of the mix as well.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by lacasa: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption: GEJ is the corruption that all Nigerians must fight.

May God triple your wisdom. GEJ is worse than rotten Fish angry
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by lafuria1(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2012
see how nigerians are speaking grammer as if the goverment is sincere. can someone tell me just one investigation in the all of nigeria history that indicted nigeria govt officials and they got prosecuted? do u guys really think ribadu report would EVER be acceptable even if it was done correctly...hahahah. we don enta one chance.....

verification of result my foot. ribadu says company A has 100M, and u expect company A to present a spread sheet of 100M so that he verify? seriously?

for the sake of argument what is the way out, we all want a better nigeria rite? what should the preseident do? there are lot hypocrite here in NL who wishes that no bloody report should indict this govt. wen the report came, u hardly see them in talking or monitoring the thread about it but when the report is given a k-leg by the goverment, u see them very active, posting why the report cannot be acceptable. you know urselves. beta repent.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Ramcie(f): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2012
killuminati: Last to comment undecided

Any prize?

Yes. Death by hanging in the gallows tongue tongue grin
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by dimcee(f): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2012
Prof Corruption: GEJ is the corruption that all Nigerians must fight.
. U̶̲̥̅̊ r not ɑ̤̥̈̊ serz person
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by taharqa: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2012
femliany: GEJ's. Is looting and covering and Nigerians are looking
SHUT yr mouth you eediot. Virtually ALL of the bad practices and infractures the incomplete report indicatd happend way b4 GEJ became President. GEJ didnt cause d problem, he is rectifying them. If this report had not been so shamelessly politicizd, the focus wud hv been in putting pressure on d NA to pass d PIB bill which d President has sent to them (we all were essentially insulting d President, demanding he shld quickly send d bill to d NA which he has since done) cos MOST of d recommendatns of d committee are already in d very critical PIB bill dat wud completely turn-around d opaque oil industry and make it more open.....on dis issue of unverified data, it was Ribadu himself that wrote d govt that d committee did not verify d data it usd to come to SOME of its findings and then askd d govt to verify d figures demselves; so eida the govt takes its time to verify d data as Ribadu suggestd Or d govt sends d report back to d committee to complete its work COS there is no way govt can legally use d findings of a committee that admittd on its report that its figures hv not been verified/reconcild to retrieve monies from Oil companies even if we know sm of dem are still owing us. It is just as simple as that; there's no need been overtly Emotional about this

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by freebloke: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2012
la furia: see how nigerians are speaking grammer as if the goverment is sincere. can someone tell me just one investigation in the all of nigeria history that indicted nigeria govt officials and they got prosecuted? do u guys really think ribadu report would EVER be acceptable even if it was done correctly...hahahah. we don enta one chance.....

verification of result my foot. ribadu says company A has 100M, and u expect company A to present a spread sheet of 100M so that he verify? seriously?

for the sake of argument what is the way out, we all want a better nigeria rite? what should the preseident do? there are lot hypocrite here in NL who wishes that no bloody report should indict this govt. wen the report came, u hardly see them in talking or monitoring the thread about it but when the report is given a k-leg by the goverment, u see them very active, posting why the report cannot be acceptable. you know urselves. beta repent.
B-) sshop nokkl...
Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by taharqa: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2012
Gbawe:

Absolutely. The man came into power supported by the most corrupt in the land. In fact, it was embarrassing how so many corrupt men and AGIPs (any government in power) united to endorse and support 'project GEJ' before last year's election.

Only a fool will not realise that such nefarious support for GEJ came because corruption recognised one of its own i.e a man who will let the looting continue because he is happy to 'loot and let loot'. Seeing the talk of some here makes one want to weep for Nigeria. I personally think it is simplistic to blame bad leadership alone for our woes. Terrible followership is a very potent part of the mix as well.
Just SHUT it there. ACN propaganda on this hv failed, period. Instead of us to look at how we can solve a problem that has been wit us since d 1970s by at least 1st supporting d passage of d PIB bill, sm of u guys just want to politicize everything. Respond directly to d fact that Ribadu himself said some of d figures they usd were not independently verified or just SHUT it. How does dat concern GEJ esp when most of these things happend b4 he took office

3 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report Didn’t Follow Terms Of Reference - Okupe by Gbawe: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2012
taharqa: Just SHUT it there. ACN propaganda on this hv failed, period. Instead of us to look at how we can solve a problem that has been wit us since d 1970s by at least 1st supporting d passage of d PIB bill, sm of u guys just want to politicize everything. Respond directly to d fact that Ribadu himself said some of d figures they usd were not independently verified or just SHUT it. How does dat concern GEJ esp when most of these things happend b4 he took office

You are on your way to high blood pressure if you don't have it already. Silly agbero. Stop going around ranting against others like a mad dog. No one told you to devote your life to marketing a very bad and rotten product to the extent you are always reduced to attacking others and foaming at the mouth like a lunatic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano!!! One Of The Most Under Rated State In Nigeria / Super Cop Abba Kyari With FBI In The United States / Enahoro - “january 15, 1966 Not Nzeogwu’s Coup”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.