Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State (33305 Views)

Protest In India Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria(photos) / Protest In London Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria (Photos) / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2012
lacasa: Na to raid unarmed citizenry them sabi.

Illiterate ancient Ak-47 packing dogs

When Army slaps you, then you will know that the Police is your friend.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ACM10: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Very well said. And don't be surprised Nigerians will celebrate over this stupid report coz they are their own worst enemies. They like to hear bad news about Nigeria.
Are you kidding me?
How can Britain be Nigeria's worst enemy? Remember that Britain staked their reputation to make sure that Nigeria is held together. When will Nigeria accept the fact and make ammend? Nigerian military is only good at mounting roadblocks and terrorizing civilians. They are not disciplined too. . .

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by elpatch(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Can somebody help me out here:what is discipline in military context?
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ochukoccna: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Cheap Propaganda by armo manufacturers and Imbeciles. Nigeria doesn't need war so we will not send our troops in harms way. Na when we reach Mali we go know, all this na to make us keep our gates open for mali boko ? Tufiakwa! don't use reverse engineering on us. Our troups are for checkpoints and road blocks and not for war. Can UK win a war ? Even America has lost her last 3 wars. The era of boots on ground is over. All we need is to load our nukes on our drones and wipe out the country that provoke us. 21st century war are cyber and am sure we got great minds in cyber warfar. Fvck you to the reporter.
The war in Afghanistan and Iraq are guerrilla wars not all out wars like the world wars
Thus different rules of engagements
Even the NA struggled with your militant brothers and the ongoing BH insurgency
Does Nigeria have functional drones? embarassed embarassed
Do we now have nukes? grin grin
Even as powerful as China's economy is, they just acquired their first aircraft carrier-a refurbished Russian one at that kiss kiss
Stop comparing Lilliputians to giants angry angry

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 10, 2012
playcharles:
Sharap and keep queit, somalia and serialone are two different country, why not send Nigeria army to somalia and get result... Mtweech

Nigerian army can conquer ground troops anywhere in Africa.
Do you think the somalian pirates are more dangerous than boko haram I respect the Nigerian army unless you havent gotten close to them. Though there may still be indiscipline, they get the job done fast.

2 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2012
vascey: How can we not have basic training when our military colleges are used by the West African Region.

Confusing question, i must say.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Ozonna(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2012
playcharles:
Sharap and keep queit, somalia and serialone are two different country, why not send Nigeria army to somalia and get result... Mtweech

Dude, we were somalia in the 90's and we did well. Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Buba Marwa acquited themselves well in Somalia.

Guy just no joke with our soldiers. The only problem is that they don't have state of the art hardwares.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by prettyboi1(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Someone just wrote an article in a far away country & rather than many Nigerians to be open-minded as to whether or not the content's true,many people just believed this crap of a story one time? Ok see this line from the article ........"They are more likely to play a behind-the-scenes role in logistics and providing security." If the Nigerian army's what they claim it is,why would they still be waiting for us to head all of Ecowas' defence? Why would they be waiting for us to provide logistics? Why would they still need us "behind the scenes?" Isn't that what bosses do by the way? I do agree there might be some down-sides to our army team but I can authoritatively tell you this article is very most likely flawed or far more exaggerated.

2 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Turbocharged: 8:50am On Nov 10, 2012
lumideezle: I support the Article.. I was in Ghana some years back and I had this Ghanian Army Cornel as my friend, the only thing he said about the Nigerian Army was that they lacked decipline and we all know that decipline is the most important asset of the military. Altho he said Nigeria had a lot of smart officers but their lack of decipline limits their achievements

I guess I am not surprised cuz things only get worse over time in this country
Madam, you and dat "Colonel Chali" reason from the anus. Now if the Ghananian Army has discipline which the Nigerian army lacks, what has they (Ghana Army) achieved so far in regional peace keeping?
Btw, why are they waiting for us if we are no good? The Malian source should hv gone ahead and fight their battle & allow us fight our own insurgency.

5 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2012
ACM10:
Are you kidding me?
How can Britain be Nigeria's worst enemy? Remember that Britain staked their reputation to make sure that Nigeria is held together. When will Nigeria accept the fact and make ammend? Nigerian military is only good at mounting roadblocks and terrorizing civilians. They are not disciplined too. . .

I wonder what makes you guys have conflicts with military men on road blocks may be because you dont obey simple order to park, disembark or open your boot for searching. I have never been harrassed by a military person except policemen that behave like armed robbers at Upper Iweka bridge in Onitsha. Yet when they saw my calmness and composure, they asked me to go. I wonder oo.

4 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by prettyboi1(m): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2012
okpara ugo:

Confusing question, i must say.

What I think he meant is that "how can they say Nigeria doesn't even have basic military training when it is common knowledge that every year several military personnels from around the entire African continent come to study & enroll in our defence college (war college)?"
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2012
i dont know what nigerians are. They just wish it was the opposite when they hear positive news about their country. The shocking thing about us is that when we hear the -ve, we are so quick to believe it without careful thought but when we hear good news, it is then we begin to scrutinize and even when we scrutinize, we are so bias and eagerly look for that which rubbishes the good news.

Imagine a fellow in here who believes this story just because a ghanaian told him some time ago that nigerian soldiers are indisciplined! I am sure this same fellow had at one point heard that nigerian troops do recieve acolades for good behaviour in every UN peace keeping operations. In fact a nigerian had comanded UN missions in some countries before.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ochukoccna: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2012
pretty_boi:

What I think he meant is that "how can they say Nigeria doesn't even have basic military training when it is common knowledge that every year several military personnels from around the entire African continent come to study & enroll in our defence college (war college)?"
That you school in Ghana does not mean Ghanaian schools are world class embarassed embarassed
It just means your folks cant afford to send you to Europe,US,Canada,Asia or even South African universities kiss kiss
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Ozonna(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2012
ochukoccna: How true this report is ,I know not
Yet has the NA refuted it?
For those yapping ECOMOG, recall that those exploits are in the past,past glories sad sad
What peace keeping effort/head swelling stunt has the NA done of late? shocked shocked
That apart can the NA engage in modern warfare? embarassed embarassed
Does the Nigerian Armed Forces have the kind of capabilities shown in films like Battleship or Ghost Recon Alpha? undecided undecided

You're saying it as if past glory was in the 50's or 60's. For your info, the NA did it in the 90's in Somalia, Liberia and Sierra leon.

NA are still doing it in Darfur as we speak. Few years ago, the NA were ambushed by the Sudanese govt backed militia and the attack was successfully repeled with the militia suffering higher casualties.

Guy, our NA dey try

2 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 9:16am On Nov 10, 2012
the most up seting part of the report is "they cannot even shoot". When i saw that, i just laughed. We cant shoot, but we are still shooting in dafur. We are not disciplined, but we have commanded missions under the auspices of the UN, AU, and ECOMOG.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2012
those people saying soldiers beat beat civilians should not forget what kind of citizens nigerians are. We know how stuborn we can be. When they tell you to park, just do it! Why argue on what you dont know? If the military is that simple, why you no go join?
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2012
This is Really Bad. No wonder a whole truckload of JTF will be engaged by two "suspected" BokoHaram members in a shootout for 4hours or more. CORRUPTION everywhere. Equatorial Guinea can annex Nigeria if we no take time.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2012
lumideezle: I support the Article.. I was in Ghana some years back and I had this Ghanian Army Cornel as my friend, the only thing he said about the Nigerian Army was that they lacked decipline and we all know that decipline is the most important asset of the military. Altho he said Nigeria had a lot of smart officers but their lack of decipline limits their achievements

I guess I am not surprised cuz things only get worse over time in this country

Tell that Ghanian friend of yours to shut the hell up. Is it not the same Ghanian army in whose custody Samuel Doe was captured by rebels while their commander ran away? Is it not the same Ghanian army who were known for cowardice in both Liberia and Sierre Leone while Nigerian and even Guinean troops fought both NPLF and RUF rebels? The Ghanian military is not even in the same league with the Nigerian armed forces, a force well experienced in not only peacekeeping and enforcement, police action and direct action Ops, but also counter-insurgency and counter-terror Ops (special Ops). The whole Ghanian army is no better than a single Nigerian army brigade or division at most.

4 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by enehaluh(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2012
So because the FG is dragging her Foot about sending troops into a conflict that is of no strategic importance to us, it now makes our Army Pathetic abi? Let them keep loading trucks for us..rather than die for ungrateful Malians...how many European Armies have seen combat since WW2? Mumu people

2 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by 360command: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2012
When I saw the report coming from the UK,I knew its a way to discredit the Nigeria military service. I hate the british and the americans,they pork nose into our matter where its not needed. I do not want any of our military intervention in Mali cause at the end of the day, they will not be grateful. The presence of Nigeria military in cote d voire, ivorians said Nigeria is their enemy and a supporter of the alassane govt. Today, Nigeria is experiencing boko haram crises, which West africa nation has sent their troops to Nigeria? None. I think Nigeria should open its eyes because we do to help other people and yet they do not acknowledge such help we have rendered.
Look at what happened in liberia, The US military could not step into the soil of Monrovia due to the merciless,sporadic shooting which deprived them from coming in. Instead the US military was out in the coast protecting their embassy. It was when the Nigerian army intervened and took control of the situation before the UN forces started trooping into Liberia. Bleep the british and their report against Nigeria, they are the enemies of the state.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Gnosticmovement(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: This is Really Bad. No wonder a whole truckload of JTF will be engaged by two "suspected" BokoHaram members in a shootout for 4hours or more. CORRUPTION everywhere. Equatorial Guinea can annex Nigeria if we no take time.
hahaha...dat 4hours statement is true o...i don dey reason am since..dem dey shoot for like 8 hours ,killing 2 hostiles and 14 civillians...nigerian army my foot...
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Thok(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2012
Shocking state or not.. Go slap one sojo, then u go tell us how shocking the state is.. Btw, if this were to be true, with facts and figures, where the money dy go to?

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2012
ochukoccna:
The war in Afghanistan and Iraq are guerrilla wars not all out wars like the world wars
Thus different rules of engagements
Even the NA struggled with your militant brothers and the ongoing BH insurgency
Does Nigeria have functional drones? embarassed embarassed
Do we now have nukes? grin grin
Even as powerful as China's economy is, they just acquired their first aircraft carrier-a refurbished Russian one at that kiss kiss
Stop comparing Lilliputians to giants angry angry

Son, you obviously don't know the Nigerian military. I currently live in the restive NE, and I can confidently say the Nigerian military in conjunction with DSS/SSS have done a great job containing BH Ops. While you continue to insult the military, JTF and STF units along with army special forces and navy SBS units are busy in counter-insurgency Ops raking up BH targets.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Gnosticmovement(m): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2012
eneh aluh: So because the FG is dragging her Foot about sending troops into a conflict that is of no strategic importance to us, it now makes our Army Pathetic abi? Let them keep loading trucks for us..rather than die for ungrateful Malians...how many European Armies have seen combat since WW2? Mumu people
Make naija invade dem na..na dat tym u go knw say dem nor need see combat b4 dem massacre our troops...
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 10, 2012
Is this thesame Nigerian army that the UN is honouring?
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Gnosticmovement(m): 9:48am On Nov 10, 2012
360command: Look at what happened in liberia, The US military could not step into the soil of Monrovia due to the merciless,sporadic shooting which deprived them from coming in. Instead the US military was out in the coast protecting their embassy..
dude are u ok..sporadic shooting by untrained millitia prevented us troops from going in?...smh....den dey stayed by d coast protecting dier embassy...dier embassy dey beach? ..think b4 making stupid statements...dey had a reason for not going in ok...not sporadic shooting...
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by aieromon(m): 9:57am On Nov 10, 2012
I think the report is just highlighting the fact that the soldiers are not regularly trained on current warfare and other military ish. We do have the manpower and archaic artillery.

We better upgrade or delete. Its bad to be a local champion.

3 Likes

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Arsenate(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Another question begging for answer is what could be the cause of low self esteem amongst Nigerians. Just smh @ some posts here. Someone believed the crap cos a Ghanaian told him some BS story...dammmmnnn.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by 360command: 10:02am On Nov 10, 2012
Gnosticmovement:
dude are u ok..sporadic shooting by untrained millitia prevented us troops from going in?...smh....den dey stayed by d coast protecting dier embassy...dier embassy dey beach? ..think b4 making stupid statements...dey had a reason for not going in ok...not sporadic shooting...

Where you there? The US embassy in monrovia is at the coastal areas. The US military been at the coast with their ship were observing. Nigeria Military friends confirmed this story to us. I believe you obviously know what happened to the 1st nigerian batallion soldiers that stepped into monrovia, they were all wiped out completely. This is to say that the war at that time was not small which deterred the UN(US) military from entering until the time Nigeria sent its 2nd battalion before they were able to have control. If you want to hear more facts about nigeria military in liberia, sierra, sudan and even that of cote d voire, I can give you insight knowledge given to me by military officers who were transferred to those regions as ECOMOG forces or UN forces. Just send me a private message. I can even tell you how this officers make their money when deployed to those war regions.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by tiarabubu: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2012
[size=15pt]While acknowledging that the Nigerian Military is up to its full potentials yet,here are hard questions to ask.

If the Nigerian Military is THAT bad, WHY does the UN still call on Nigeria for military muscle? Why not South Africa? Kenya? Ghana? How come the UN showers accolades on Nigeria peace keepers very often? Is Ban Ki Moon being bribed to use the Nigerian Military?

Jealousy of Nigerians by its regional neighbors are well known. It may be someone biased told the story to the journalist who published them, or someone is trying to discredit the Nigerian Military to keep them out of Mali for what ever reason.

Anyway, the Nigeria military is presently occupied here in internal security duties but stopping the militants in Mali is equally important (they are most likely to breed insurgents to distabilise Nigeria). Military Planners in Nigeria are between a rock and a hard place on this one. And this new effort to discredit them is another headache[/size]

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Gnosticmovement(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2012
360command:

Where you there? The US embassy in monrovia is at the coastal areas. The US military been at the coast with their ship were observing. Nigeria Military friends confirmed this story to us. I believe you obviously know what happened to the 1st nigerian batallion soldiers that stepped into monrovia, they were all wiped out completely. This is to say that the war at that time was not small which deterred the UN(US) military from entering until the time Nigeria sent its 2nd battalion before they were able to have control. If you want to hear more facts about nigeria military in liberia, sierra, sudan and even that of cote d voire, I can give you insight knowledge given to me by military officers who were transferred to those regions as ECOMOG forces or UN forces. Just send me a private message. I can even tell you how this officers make their money when deployed to those war regions.
come on dude...guess d gunfight in monrovia was more intense dan dat on omaha beach ..like i said think well before answering
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2012
ochukoccna: How true this report is ,I know not
Yet has the NA refuted it?
For those yapping ECOMOG, recall that those exploits are in the past,past glories sad sad
What peace keeping effort/head swelling stunt has the NA done of late? shocked shocked
That apart can the NA engage in modern warfare? embarassed embarassed
Does the Nigerian Armed Forces have the kind of capabilities shown in films like Battleship or Ghost Recon Alpha? undecided undecided

Bleep!! And You Think Films R Real...How Pathetic...SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi: Tough Times Await Wike In Rivers / Buhari Meets Four PDP Governors In Aso Rock / Northern Lawmakers Insist Region Must Retain Presidency In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.