Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? (1863 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Who Says Women Are Not Attracted By What They See? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Joliecoco: 6:41am On Nov 10, 2012
Ladies and Guys , Can you Date or marry someone that you are not attracted to?
As for me no ,Attraction is an important aspect in a relationship. I can't date someone that I am not attracted to . I have to be attracted to you before I date you .
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by k2039: 7:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Hell No.

That relationship is hell on it's own.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 7:08am On Nov 10, 2012
It is wrong to fate someone you are not attracted to. What will you then base the relationship on?
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by nekaa(f): 9:29am On Nov 10, 2012
No, cant do.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by omicron(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2012
No. The relationship won't even start before it ends.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
When i first met my bf, i was not attracted to him as he is not the kind of guy i usually go for. But i decided to give it a try because i felt like i could be missing out on a great guy if i limit myself to just looks. As time went by i started developing feelings for him and then the attraction came after. looks die with time but having someone who has a personality and a good guy I'll take over a super hot playboy any day grin
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
all those naija babes wey marry sugar daddy with white goatee and pot belly.na because dem dey attracted to dem na make dem marry the oldies? grin
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu: all those naija babes wey marry sugar daddy with white goatee and pot belly.na because dem dey attracted to dem na make dem marry the oldies? grin

lol. My bf is definately not a suger daddy. he is 2years older than me and i could never date a man as old as my dad. ewwww
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
Miss_3v3:

lol. My bf is definately not a suger daddy. he is 2years older than me and i could never date a man as old as my dad. ewwww
That's good to hear
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Miss_3v3:

no be u sister wink.i dey refer to those babes and especially those ones wey dey their early twenties wey dey married to men in their 60s and seventies.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
lefulefu:
no be u sister wink.i dey refer to those babes and especially those ones wey dey their early twenties wey dey married to men in their 60s and seventies.
grin
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
I couldn't BUT former generations often did.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
carefreewannabe: I couldn't BUT former generations often did.
Yeah previous but now, its gonna be hard
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
Yeah previous but now, its gonna be hard

Yet, many will compare today's relationships to those of their parents and grandparents.

1 Like

Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Amya(f): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2012
There are 2 basic types of attraction.

Physical attraction which has to do with looks, hotness, sexiness, chemistry e.t.c

And emotional attraction which is basically when there's a deeper connection beyond the physical. Something you can't explain and has nothing to do with looks. E.g soulmates

For me physical attraction is not necessarily a criteria for relationship or marriage. I'd rather prefer them both, but if I'm only left with one option, then emotional attraction it is.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by DExplorer1: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Date? Yes! At the level of dating, i will discover some uniqueness about her (everyone does have it) and thence, i could resolve to marry her. Attraction is often infatuation; it's always false and baseless; lacking real substance.

1 Like

Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
U neva jam greedy naija girls abi....Na Greed dey cause am.... He has fine house, he has fine cars, he travels abroad every 2months so becos of that I love him tho he his 12yrs older than me and alredi has one baby mama.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
D-Explorer:
Date? Yes! At the level of dating, i will discover some uniqueness about her (everyone does have it) and thence, i could resolve to marry her. Attraction is often infatuation; it's always false and baseless; lacking real substance.
True but when going into marriage, physical attraction should be considered as that might ruin everything
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by DExplorer1: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
True but when going into marriage, physical attraction should be considered as that might ruin everything
You're right but "ugly-fat-short-dark" people around us does marry. In regards, that tells us that marriage goes beyond the physical attraction but substance of the partners involved.

1 Like

Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
D-Explorer:

You're right but "ugly-fat-short-dark" people around us does marry. In regards, that tells us that marriage goes beyond the physical attraction but substance of the partners involved.
Some people like "ugly-short-dark na.

If you are not physically attracted to your spouse, there will be wahala
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
Mynd_44:
Some people like "ugly-short-dark na.

If you are not physically attracted to your spouse, there will be wahala
So what happens if your spouse changes? She was slim when you married her but after marriage she gets fat? would you then cheat? or she gets into an accident a has scars all over her body? What then?
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2012
12 inches!:
U neva jam greedy naija girls abi....Na Greed dey cause am.... He has fine house, he has fine cars, he travels abroad every 2months so becos of that I love him tho he his 12yrs older than me and alredi has one baby mama.
na true word u nack grin
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
Miss_3v3:
So what happens if your spouse changes? She was slim when you married her but after marriage she gets fat? would you then cheat? or she gets into an accident a has scars all over her body? What then?
Well you would have gone past the original attraction na
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by infodollarman(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2013
Joliecoco: Ladies and Guys , Can you Date or marry someone that you are not attracted to?
As for me no ,Attraction is an important aspect in a relationship. I can't date someone that I am not attracted to . I have to be attracted to you before I date you .
that relationship is a joke/comedy. there have been cases where pregnancy is the base of marriage and after delivering the baby, hell is let loose. so be wise and let love be the driving force and not sex or something else.
Re: Ladies , Can You Date Or Marry Someone That You Are Not Attracted To? by Mynd44: 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
infodollarman:
that relationship is a joke/comedy. there have been cases where pregnancy is the base of marriage and after delivering the baby, hell is let loose. so be wise and let love be the driving force and not sex or something else.
True.....It should be about Love

(1) (Reply)

To Black Women / Guys, How Would You Feel If Your Girlfriend Told You She Didnt Love You Anymore? / Reasons Why You Decided Not To Woo Or Accept Someone You Truly Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.