Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:19 AM

I Am Nigeria And I am Broken - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Nigeria And I am Broken (20738 Views)

I Am Nigeria...stand Tall And Be Proud / A Must Read...I Spent 10 Billion Naira To Celebrate My 52nd B-day! I Am Nigeria / I Am Nigeria Please Celebrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2012
[size=15pt]I have over 50 million youths with no jobs, no present and no future. So my sons in the North have become street urchins and their brothers in the South have become militants. My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and their cousins drown in the waters of the Mediterranean . My daughters walk the streets of Lagos , Abuja and Port Harcourt , while their sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam. I am inconsolable, please re-build me.[/size]

[size=18pt]Unemployed young people scramble for few jobs[/size]

[size=18pt]
Almajiris - Northern Street children[/size]
[img]http://hopespringsblog.files./2009/08/almajirai-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://olaoluwabimibola.files./2011/03/lagos-area-boy-21.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]Suspected Prostitutes Lagos[/size]

[size=18pt]Nigerian Prostitutes in Italy[/size]

[img]http://africasacountry.files./2012/03/paolo-patrizi-11.jpg?w=500&h=407[/img]

[size=18pt]Suspected Nigerian sex worker arrested in Spain[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/570798_pro_jpg527386c23e350847214dadf15cd800df

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by idesignwebsite(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
GenBuhari: I have over 50 million youths with no jobs, no present and no future. So my sons in the North have become street urchins and their brothers in the South have become militants. My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and their cousins drown in the waters of the Mediterranean . My daughters walk the streets of Lagos , Abuja and Port Harcourt , while their sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam. I am inconsolable, please re-build me.

[size=18pt]Unemployed young people scramble for few jobs[/size]

[size=18pt]
Almajiris - Northern Street children[/size]
[img]http://hopespringsblog.files./2009/08/almajirai-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://olaoluwabimibola.files./2011/03/lagos-area-boy-21.jpg[/img]

How does all this your negative pictures and statement inspire great mind,you seem to forget the future is now,what stop you from making positive theme about your country,abi dey yan you say america no get ghetto,but no matter what happens,they keep sending the signal of wellness and prosperity. It is a natural law that like attract like,positive themes attract positive people. My brother if you,want a change,try and be the change,take a leaf from zukerburg,larrypage,job,larryellison,billgate,mike adenuga,aliko dangote,cosmas maduka etc
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by idesignwebsite(m): 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by tampa1871: 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
chreld_b:

I share your pain but vehemently disagree with your suggestion. So if you are given the chance to make a change in your own capacity through the mantle of leadership, you will contract the job to an OYIBO man? SMH

Thank you very much. You see, Nigerians are among the most intelligent people on the face of this planet. We are very enterprising and most importantly we know all the solutions to our porblems. God has also blessed us with the resources to combat all these problems. We have written every blueprints imaginable and wasted billions of dollars at implementing them, yet we are still battling with the same problems since independence. Don't you think something is wrong with us. SAME ISSUES, this is very pathetic. Imagine a "STATE GOVERNOR" buying brand new jet and Helicopter when there are gullies on the road that makes it impassable. Governance is about service to the people, is about creating an atmosphere for the people to thrive where the people can dream and achieve such, Mayor Bloomberg of New York city earns $1 (One Dollar) per year. He cannot even influence ordinary employment of his own family member. He would not give letter of recommendation either for employment or for contract. It's a level plain field where everybody is subject and plays by the same rule. No God-fatherism. Imagine students studying under the tree, what would such children assimilate? I saw a school classroom with no roof with kids sitting on a bare floor in NIGERIA and someone is buying a JET. That is evil. OYIBO man has a heart. At least they will give you constant electricity, water to drink, a place to lay your head, food to eat and at least make you look decent, and when you are sick, they will take care of you. Your education is free and mandatory to High School Level. They know the children will not assimilate with empty stomach, they feed them. All these are basic needs that I believe should be a right. We know to do these but sadly we won't do them. Since the President, Ministers, Governors, Commissioners and other Executives are on salary, they are hired by the people to not only govern but also to make sure things work to make life easier, we have been drawing from thesame pool of people and we have been getting the same result which is failure, isn't it better to draw from another pool i;e :OYIBO'S. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. When these OYIBO'S were here, things were better. If we can't handle things, why can't we try them again. With all our smartness, we have failed ourselves. After 50 years we are still crying about electricity, rice, water, education, health, we have oil but we would rather import simply because some people has to make money in turn to oppress the masses. And these people live among us!. The whole land has been desecrated crying to be appeased.
Please I have to stop here, the more I thing about this the angrier I become.

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by sniperwolf(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Revolva: Nigeria is just a mistake
Mistake indeed
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by chreldb(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
tampa1871:

Thank you very much. You see, Nigerians are among the most intelligent people on the face of this planet. We are very enterprising and most importantly we know all the solutions to our porblems. God has also blessed us with the resources to combat all these problems. We have written every blueprints imaginable and wasted billions of dollars at implementing them, yet we are still battling with the same problems since independence. Don't you think something is wrong with us. SAME ISSUES, this is very pathetic. Imagine a "STATE GOVERNOR" buying brand new jet and Helicopter when there are gullies on the road that makes it impassable. Governance is about service to the people, is about creating an atmosphere for the people to thrive where the people can dream and achieve such, Mayor Bloomberg of New York city earns $1 (One Dollar) per year. He cannot even influence ordinary employment of his own family member. He would not give letter of recommendation either for employment or for contract. It's a level plain field where everybody is subject and plays by the same rule. No God-fatherism. Imagine students studying under the tree, what would such children assimilate? I saw a school classroom with no roof with kids sitting on a bare floor in NIGERIA and someone is buying a JET. That is evil. OYIBO man has a heart. At least they will give you constant electricity, water to drink, a place to lay your head, food to eat and at least make you look decent, and when you are sick, they will take care of you. Your education is free and mandatory to High School Level. They know the children will not assimilate with empty stomach, they feed them. All these are basic needs that I believe should be a right. We know to do these but sadly we won't do them. Since the President, Ministers, Governors, Commissioners and other Executives are on salary, they are hired by the people to not only govern but also to make sure things work to make life easier, we have been drawing from thesame pool of people and we have been getting the same result which is failure, isn't it better to draw from another pool i;e :OYIBO'S. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. When these OYIBO'S were here, things were better. If we can't handle things, why can't we try them again. With all our smartness, we have failed ourselves. After 50 years we are still crying about electricity, rice, water, education, health, we have oil but we would rather import simply because some people has to make money in turn to oppress the masses. And these people live among us!. The whole land has been desecrated crying and to be appeased.
Please I have to stop here, the more I thing about this the angrier I become.

My brother make no mistakes like I said before and I am still saying I share your pain and completely agree with all the points you have raised. But with the exception of laying our hopes on fellow human beings of the caucasian variety. Like you have rightfully stated there are smart Nigerians out there home and abroad. But what you have failed to note is that majority of the people who have ruled us since our independence are not as smart as you think and do not fall into that category. To be specific as far as I am concerned they are glorified chimpanzees with IQ's a little bit higher than jungle animals (literally speaking). I say so because only in the jungle you see the kind of behaviour most of our leaders exhibit. That is to say only in the jungle will the strongest chimpanzee in the herd gather all the bananas for himself and not care about whether the other animals are dying of hunger or not. In other words when governors are using public funds to buy private jets for themselves they do so because they are less than human. Looting the treasury which you are in charge of with the full awareness that your greed and actions is causing untold suffering for the people you govern is not conventional in human nature. It is as a result of insanity, arrant stupidity or chronic illiteracy. But unfortunately, majority of the people who have been at the helms of affair since inception of this country all have this idosyncratic tendency which has been passed down from generation to generation and has almost turned to an established norm. Where it is disturbing is because these rulers are human beings and not animals or like Fela said (animals in human skin). That Fela bit just popped up as I was typing so now I know I am on point smiley. Anyways, in summary not all Nigerians are like the insane people ruling the country. some actually have a conscience. So what we need is not different form of government and certainly not any western rule but the right people in government. And where our hopes and prayers should lie is for that to happen as soon as possible. So I ask you if given the opportunity to rule will you be corrupt or will you do the right thing? if you will be corrupt then mabye you need a superior human being of another race to rule over you. But what I need is for the right people of sound mind that know what governance is really about, from my country to hold positions of authority.

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by IleIfe2(m): 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
GenBuhari: The leaders have looted everything on ground and below. They walk the land with haughty strides and fly the skies with private jets (28 of which were bought in the last 12 months). They have stolen the future of generations yet unborn and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes, but their brothers die of hunger. I want justice, please re-build me.

[size=14pt]Nice story but Oyedepo is not one of your leaders, i don't remember voting for him in any election neither do i remember him being a coup plotter or dictator. he is a private citizen who has contributed his bit to Nigeria, so please for common sense sake remove his picture, he did not use your money to buy jet.
[/size]
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by tampa1871: 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
chreld_b:

My brother make no mistakes like I said before and I am still saying I share your pain and completely agree with all the points you have raised. But with the exception of laying our hopes on fellow human beings of the caucasian variety. Like you have rightfully stated there are smart Nigerians out there home and abroad. But what you have failed to note is that majority of the people who have ruled us since our independence are not as smart as you think and do not fall into that category. To be specific as far as I am concerned they are glorified chimpanzees with IQ's a little bit higher than jungle animals (literally speaking). I say so because only in the jungle you see the kind of behaviour most of our leaders exhibit. That is to say only in the jungle will the strongest chimpanzee in the herd gather all the bananas for himself and not care about whether the other animals are dying of hunger or not. In other words when governors are using public funds to buy private jets for themselves they do so because they are less than human. Looting the treasury which you are in charge of with the full awareness that your greed and actions is causing untold suffering for the people you govern is not conventional in human nature. It is as a result of insanity, arrant stupidity or chronic illiteracy. But unfortunately, majority of the people who have been at the helms of affair since inception of this country all have this idosyncratic tendency which has been passed down from generation to generation and has almost turned to an established norm. Where it is disturbing is because these rulers are human beings and not animals or like Fela said (animals in human skin). That Fela bit just popped up as I was typing so now I know I am on point smiley. Anyways, in summary not all Nigerians are like the insane people ruling the country. some actually have a conscience. So what we need is not different form of government and certainly not any western rule but the right people in government. And where our hopes and prayers should lie is for that to happen as soon as possible. So I ask you if given the opportunity to rule will you be corrupt or will you do the right thing? if you will be corrupt then mabye you need a superior human being of another race to rule over you. But what I need is for the right people of sound mind that know what governance is really about, from my country to hold positions of authority.

Thank you very much, we share thesame school of thought, I was just sick of the whole situation. we are suffering in the midst of plenty. Given the opportunity, I will be content with a house and more than enough salary and benefits provided for the office. It is more than enough for a sane person to survive with. One day we will die and would not take any of these material things to heaven. If my needs are being met, i don't need all the excesses. Warren Buffet drives a ten year old car. Most rich poeple don't own a lot of these luxuries, they would rather lease. I wouldn't like to be subjected to any OYIBO'S rulership, they are not superior. I pray that God should raise the right people to lead us. I know you are as concerned as I am, and I really much appreciate your positions as well. Stay Blessed and GOD BLESS OUR NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
True. I have removed his picture.

but surely someone that has accumulated so much wealth from people's faith in God is probably part of the problem and I suspect he may be delibrately play in a role in suppressing the masses.

Ile-Ife:

[size=14pt]Nice story but Oyedepo is not one of your leaders, i don't remember voting for him in any election neither do i remember him being a coup plotter or dictator. he is a private citizen who has contributed his bit to Nigeria, so please for common sense sake remove his picture, he did not use your money to buy jet.
[/size]
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by chreldb(m): 12:39am On Nov 11, 2012
tampa1871:

Thank you very much, we share thesame school of thought, I was just sick of the whole situation. we are suffering in the midst of plenty. Given the opportunity, I will be content with a house and more than enough salary and benefits provided for the office. It is more than enough for a sane person to survive with. One day we will die and would not take any of these material things to heaven. If my needs are being met, i don't need all the excesses. Warren Buffet drives a ten year old car. Most rich poeple don't own a lot of these luxuries, they would rather lease. I wouldn't like to be subjected to any OYIBO'S rulership, they are not superior. I pray that God should raise the right people to lead us. I know you are as concerned as I am, and I really much appreciate your positions as well. Stay Blessed and GOD BLESS OUR NIGERIA.

On point! Couldn't have said it any better myself. I PRAY GOD DELIVERS OUR COUNTRY SOONEST
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by redsun(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2012
This is a masterpiece.It made the picture of nigeria so glaring.It is like you can touch,you can feel,you can smell it and you can see,even when you are thousands of miles away.

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 11, 2012
Nigeria has been on the correct course for development on at least 2 or 3 occasion and was derailed by the evil dou of Obasanjo and IBB and these 2 criminals still holding Nigeria down because we seem unable to protest and demand good governance.

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by redsun(m): 1:03am On Nov 11, 2012
It feels so hopeless.Like a people watching themselves drowning and cant do nothing to save themselves.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by ektbear: 1:58am On Nov 11, 2012
ebamma: I am ebamma, i am from Panama, i love eating garri,

grin
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by kingsceemark(m): 5:16am On Nov 11, 2012
Sorry mr NIGERIA, your sons and daughters in the north are your problems. Dem no like development, dem say western education na evil but dem like everything made in west, dem say the only way forward na 2 dey follow cows dey sleep in bush. Dem no get brain of moving forward, na only backward be dem thinking. Why you no delete dem 4rm your life? Becos humans and wild animals can not live together.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2012
I trust you can. It was originally posted by another Nairalander a few wwks ago smiley

trent9002: OP, can I use this write up? Very touching.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2012
[size=15pt]Malaria, typhoid and many other preventable diseases send me to hospitals which have no doctors, no medicines and no electric power. So my wife gives birth by candle light and surgery is performed by quacks. All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are also waiting to go. I have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world and future generations are dying before me.
I am hopeless, hapless and helpless, please re-build me.[/size]

[img]http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20080320&t=2&i=3595996&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2008-03-20T132303Z_01_L1937404_RTRUKOP_0_PICTURE0[/img]

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by mufasa(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2012
Love your neighbours as yourself.

If every Nigerian can follow that simple rule then Nigeria will be great again.

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by decepticos(m): 11:29am On Nov 11, 2012
ITbomb: Our macroeconomic index is improving
#THATISALLIKNOW
Lovely macroeconomic index with no improvement to a basic microeconomic element THE HOUSEHOLD. Only for naija light nor dey ppl dey dia, moni nor dey to chop. Pls i 'guess' we still earning below a dollar, yet our GDP improves, nobody gives a thought to our GNP. I'll like to ask who cooks our books tank u.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 11, 2012
^ Abeg please ask him how he is gonna explain that alleged improvement in macroeconomic index to his grandmother who is struggling to feed herself in his village undecided

IMF and World Bank cooks our books.
I have wondered who is responsible for calculating our inflation rate figures during Obasanjo regime when price fuel and other things rose 500% yet inflation rate remained constant at approx 10% undecided

decepticos:
Lovely macroeconomic index with no improvement to a basic microeconomic element THE HOUSEHOLD. Only for naija light nor dey ppl dey dia, moni nor dey to chop. Pls i 'guess' we still earning below a dollar, yet our GDP improves, nobody gives a thought to our GNP. I'll like to ask who cooks our books tank u.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by decepticos(m): 1:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nigeria is a wonderful thing, no wonder 1 of 2day's newspaper headline quotes d rwandan presi say 'nigeria is to big to breakup'. But we as citizens r loosing our love 4 d country cos we think odawise, eitherway i give props to d OP, luvly write up. Nigeria we hail thee. Still waiting 4 our GNP record cos our GDP is flooded with 'production, products or profits' by expatrates. And also ur NNP. But 4 naija to go ahead its all hands dat has to b on deck.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Owen2(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
stiyke: @OP and what is your contribution to the decay or betterment of Nigeria. Is your only contribution spreading frustration and fear?? Take a lesson from nigerians trying to be positive. go to www.trendycoal.com or some other positive sites and try to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. My point is that if we all try our best to contribute positively to Nigeria even at least by our attitude, we will be better off.

Your point is pointless, moving on.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2012
The best opportunity every living sane human being can have right now,in this day 11/11/12 is being an african.

Being an african means hope,endeavours,explorations,achivements,glory and eternity.But we got to work our ways there.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Iykopee(m): 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
Na con3 be dis undecided

If we no change am, God no go change am for us cry
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by emjay0188: 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
I am divided into 36 unequal states, plus my capital territory, christened ABUJA . I have millions of acres of arable land and billions of cubic litres of water, but I cannot feed myself. So I spend $1 billion to import rice and another $2 billion to import milk. I produce rice, but don't eat it. I have 60 million cattle but no milk. I have the capacity to feed the whole of Africa but I import most food instead.

I am hungry, please help and re-build me.
[/size]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Ra3GWndQdEM/TzlEsvLzaPI/AAAAAAAAAGU/ATxCQvD5a4A/s1600/colerarualuanda26qr1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-r_yW2b962gI/Tv-PWWx7xkI/AAAAAAAAADM/MXjDhuvJUeo/s1600/child-poverty-is-widespread-in-nigeria.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.nigerianhomepage.biz/thumbnail.php?file=ankole_cattle_698932352.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

I drive the latest cars in the world but have no roads, neither can I boast of manufacturing a bicycle's tyre. I lose family and friends everyday on my roads for which funds have been allocated to build and rehabilitate but the fund has been looted. I lose my young, my old, and my most brainy and productive people to the potholes, craters and crevasses they travel on everyday. I am in permanent mourning, please re-build me.

My school has no teacher and my classroom has no roof. I take lecture notes through the window and live with 15 others in a single room. All my professors have gone abroad, some of the rest are awaiting visas. Those that remain, depend on money raked from the sales of hand-outs to students. My students receive lectures for a maximum of 3 months in a year due to lecturers' strike or students' boycott of lectures because of lack of better condition of service and deplorable condition on campus. That explains why I have university graduates, who are semi- illiterates.
I want a future, please re-build me.

Malaria, typhoid and many other preventable diseases send me to hospitals which have no doctors, no medicines and no electric power. So my wife gives birth by candle light and surgery is performed by quacks. All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are also waiting to go. I have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world and future generations are dying before me.
I am hopeless, hapless and helpless, please re-build me.

I wanted change so I stood all day long to cast my vote. But even before I could vote, the results had been announced. When I dared to speak out, silence was enthroned by bullets. My rulers are my oppressors, and my policemen are my terrors. I am ruled by men in mufti, but I am not a democracy. I have no verve, no vote, no voice, please re-build me.

I have over 50 million youths with no jobs, no present and no future. So my sons in the North have become street urchins and their brothers in the South have become militants. My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and their cousins drown in the waters of the Mediterranean . My daughters walk the streets of Lagos , Abuja and Port Harcourt , while their sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam. I am inconsolable, please re-build me.

My people cannot sleep at night and cannot relax by day. They cannot use ATM machines, nor use cheques. My children sleep through the staccato of AK 47's, see through the mist of tear gas, while we all inhale Carbon Monoxide, poisonous CO-2 from popular 'I better pass my neighbour' (portable generators) and 'Okada' (motorbike taxis) The leaders have looted everything on ground and below. They walk the land with haughty strides and fly the skies with private jets (28 of which were bought in the last 12 months). They have stolen the future of generations yet unborn and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes, but their brothers die of hunger. I want justice, please re-build me.

I can produce anything, but import everything. So my toothpick is made in China; my toothpaste is made in South Africa; my salt is made in Ghana; my butter is made in Ireland; my milk is made in Holland; my shoe is made in Italy; my vegetable oil is made in Malaysia; my biscuit is made in Indonesia; my chocolate is made in Turkey and my table water made in France. My taste is far-flung and foreign. I no longer cook at home but take pride in eating at take-away outlets fashioned after the Western style of living.
Anything made in my land is inferior; I prefer those made in England, America or Europe . To crown it all, items made in my land but specifically sent abroad with made in England labels are brought back from 'Oyinbo' land at 5 times the original price it would have gone for had it been sold as home made, please re-brand me.

My people are cancerous from the greed of their friends who bleach palm oil with chemicals; my children died because they drank 'My Pikin' with NAFDAC numbers; my poor die because kerosene explodes in their faces; my land is dead because all the trees have been cut down; flood kills my people yearly because the drainage is clogged; my fish are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers; my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done. My livelihood is in jeopardy, and I am in the uttermost depths of despondence, please re-build me.

I have genuine leather but choose to eat it.. So I spend a billion dollars to import fake leather. I have four (4) refineries, but prefer to import fuel, so I waste more billions to import petrol and diesel. I have no security in my country, but would rather send troops to keep the peace in another man's land. I have 160 dams, but cannot get water to drink, so I buy 'pure' water that broils my inwards. I have a million children waiting to enter universities, but my ivory dungeons can only take a tenth (10 %). I have no power (electricity) , but choose to flare gas, and vote billion of dollars every year to generate electricity but not a single watt has come from it. So, my people have learnt to see in the dark and stare at
the glare of Unclad flares. I have no direction, please re-build me.

My people pray to God every morning and every night, but commit every crime known to man because re-branded identities will never alter the tunes of inbred rhythms. Just as the drums of heritage heralds the frenzied jingles, remember - the Nigerian soul can only be Nigerian - fighting free from the cold embrace of a government that has no spring, no sense, no shame. So we watch the possessed, frenzied dance, drenched in silent tears as freedom is locked up in democracy's empty cellars. I need guidance, please re-build me.

[/quote][quote author=emjay0188][/quote]

I weep for this country. My heart bleeds at the plight of my beloved country. I remember a few months ago during the dana air crash,when a lot of pple lost their loved ones...now it seems as though somethin like that never happened. Dana is back in business, and they were even recently given an award as the best air line in nigeria. How ironical!!..Aside the failures our govt,I have keenly observed that the most common trait among we nigerians is selfishness. Nobody wants to do anythin for the greater good. Everybody thinks of hos own selfish interest. This evil trait of selfishness is at the heart of our problems as a nation. We are so inherently selfish that it now pervades all aspects of our national life...There is religious crisis today because a religious sect wants power for themselves-selfishness...Tribalism and sectionalism thrive because everybody wants his kinsman to be at the helm of affairs - selfishness..Our leaders steal 2day because they feel that wat they earn legally won't be enough to cater for the lavish lifestyle - selfishness..People drive the way they like on our roads because they want to get ahead of themselves at all cost without being considerate to other road users - selfishness..public funds meant for good roads,hospitals and social amenities are looted 2day because some persons convert the money for their personal use - selfishness..We in the south don't really care about how many people have lost their lives as a result of the religious crisis, just because it hasn't affected us personally or we haven't lost anyone - selfishness...We only came out in january to protest the fuel subsidy removal because each and everyone of us felt the pinch - selfishness...The vice of selfishness has now become the way we live, think and act...it has become our mentality,our way of life and sadly,it is being passed from generation to generation...There is only one way for all this to come to an end..All this can only come to and end if we Nigerians are compelled to do the right thing whether we like it or not. We are beyond political process and it is only a benevolent despot that can put Nigeria back on track. As It stands now, it is only fear that can make us act in the right way because we have lost our sense of direction..We need a benevolent despot at the helm of affairs. Someone who will instill discipline at all levels of governance and who will live us with no choice but to conform to the proper thing. By the time we are forced to do the right things, after a while we wil become used to it and it wil become part of us. Gradually our mentality will change and we wil begin to act in a proper way. Little by little we wil adopt the right attitude and pass it on to our children who will carry on from where we stop...Nigeria needs a benevolent despot badly. A military dictator who means well for the country..This is the only way out,otherwise we are destined for doom.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by decepticos(m): 7:22am On Nov 12, 2012
emjay0188: [/color][color=#990000][color=][/color]
Wetin dey worry u?
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=15pt]My school has no teacher and my classroom has no roof. I take lecture notes through the window and live with 15 others in a single room. All my professors have gone abroad, some of the rest are awaiting visas. Those that remain, depend on money raked from the sales of hand-outs to students. My students receive lectures for a maximum of 3 months in a year due to lecturers' strike or students' boycott of lectures because of lack of better condition of service and deplorable condition on campus. That explains why I have university graduates, who are semi- illiterates.
I want a future, please re-build me.[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-0IpA2s2MM1s/Tl-3x6Q3EgI/AAAAAAAAAH0/VdkJ5DVD2bc/s1600/Salihawar+dan+Alhaji+Primary+School+%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-k2DUVxx1nT0/Tl-3oS4BEFI/AAAAAAAAAHs/jpREm8mwqRw/s1600/Gyawan+LEEMP+Community+in+Song+LGA+%25289%2529.jpg[/img]

[size=15pt]Teacher caught having sex with school girl in classroom[/size]
[img]http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/thumbnail.php?file=images1/teacher_student_love_975262417.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=15pt]My people are cancerous from the greed of their friends who bleach palm oil with chemicals; my children died because they drank 'My Pikin' with NAFDAC numbers; my poor die because kerosene explodes in their faces; my land is dead because all the trees have been cut down; flood kills my people yearly because the drainage is clogged; my fish are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers; my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done. My livelihood is in jeopardy, and I am in the uttermost depths of despondence, please re-build me.[/size]

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110804/reportint20110804234231200.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.elmartutino.cl/sites/elmartutino.cl/files/imagecache/380x285/imagen_noticia/nigeria-bodo-oil-spill_03.08.12_0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://caposud.files./2011/08/era-petrolio-nigeria.jpg[/img]

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2012
[size=15pt]My people are cancerous from the greed of their friends who bleach palm oil with chemicals; my children died because they drank 'My Pikin' with NAFDAC numbers; my poor die because kerosene explodes in their faces; my land is dead because all the trees have been cut down; flood kills my people yearly because the drainage is clogged; my fish are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers; my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done. My livelihood is in jeopardy, and I am in the uttermost depths of despondence, please re-build me.[/size]

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2012
[size=15pt]My people pray to God every morning and every night, but commit every crime known to man because re-branded identities will never alter the tunes of inbred rhythms. Just as the drums of heritage heralds the frenzied jingles, remember - the Nigerian soul can only be Nigerian - fighting free from the cold embrace of a government that has no spring, no sense, no shame. So we watch the possessed, frenzied dance, drenched in silent tears as freedom is locked up in democracy's empty cellars. I need guidance, please re-build me.
[/size]

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/jungle_justice_nigeria_328377855.png&size=article_large[/img]

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/Jungle_justice7_981682701.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

Child "Witches" are abused by angry villagers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency / Don Pedro Obaseki Supports Ize-iyamu, Steps Down For Him / Malabu: Abacha Family Replies Adoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.