Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

I Am Nigeria And I am Broken - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Nigeria And I am Broken (20523 Views)

I Am Nigeria...stand Tall And Be Proud / A Must Read...I Spent 10 Billion Naira To Celebrate My 52nd B-day! I Am Nigeria / I Am Nigeria Please Celebrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
This was written by another NLer madridsta007 a few weeks ago:

My name is Nigeria !!! I need Re-Building and not Re-Branding.

In the next few hours, am going to spend 10 billion Naira to celebrate my 52nd birthday! I am Nigeria !!!.

I am divided into 36 unequal states, plus my capital territory, christened ABUJA . I have millions of acres of arable land and billions of cubic litres of water, but I cannot feed myself. So I spend $1 billion to import rice and another $2 billion to import milk. I produce rice, but don't eat it. I have 60 million cattle but no milk. I have the capacity to feed the whole of Africa but I import most food instead.

I am hungry, please help and re-build me.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Ra3GWndQdEM/TzlEsvLzaPI/AAAAAAAAAGU/ATxCQvD5a4A/s1600/colerarualuanda26qr1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-r_yW2b962gI/Tv-PWWx7xkI/AAAAAAAAADM/MXjDhuvJUeo/s1600/child-poverty-is-widespread-in-nigeria.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.nigerianhomepage.biz/thumbnail.php?file=ankole_cattle_698932352.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

I drive the latest cars in the world but have no roads, neither can I boast of manufacturing a bicycle's tyre. I lose family and friends everyday on my roads for which funds have been allocated to build and rehabilitate but the fund has been looted. I lose my young, my old, and my most brainy and productive people to the potholes, craters and crevasses they travel on everyday. I am in permanent mourning, please re-build me.

My school has no teacher and my classroom has no roof. I take lecture notes through the window and live with 15 others in a single room. All my professors have gone abroad, some of the rest are awaiting visas. Those that remain, depend on money raked from the sales of hand-outs to students. My students receive lectures for a maximum of 3 months in a year due to lecturers' strike or students' boycott of lectures because of lack of better condition of service and deplorable condition on campus. That explains why I have university graduates, who are semi- illiterates.
I want a future, please re-build me.

Malaria, typhoid and many other preventable diseases send me to hospitals which have no doctors, no medicines and no electric power. So my wife gives birth by candle light and surgery is performed by quacks. All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are also waiting to go. I have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world and future generations are dying before me.
I am hopeless, hapless and helpless, please re-build me.

I wanted change so I stood all day long to cast my vote. But even before I could vote, the results had been announced. When I dared to speak out, silence was enthroned by bullets. My rulers are my oppressors, and my policemen are my terrors. I am ruled by men in mufti, but I am not a democracy. I have no verve, no vote, no voice, please re-build me.

I have over 50 million youths with no jobs, no present and no future. So my sons in the North have become street urchins and their brothers in the South have become militants. My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and their cousins drown in the waters of the Mediterranean . My daughters walk the streets of Lagos , Abuja and Port Harcourt , while their sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam. I am inconsolable, please re-build me.

My people cannot sleep at night and cannot relax by day. They cannot use ATM machines, nor use cheques. My children sleep through the staccato of AK 47's, see through the mist of tear gas, while we all inhale Carbon Monoxide, poisonous CO-2 from popular 'I better pass my neighbour' (portable generators) and 'Okada' (motorbike taxis) The leaders have looted everything on ground and below. They walk the land with haughty strides and fly the skies with private jets (28 of which were bought in the last 12 months). They have stolen the future of generations yet unborn and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes, but their brothers die of hunger. I want justice, please re-build me.

I can produce anything, but import everything. So my toothpick is made in China; my toothpaste is made in South Africa; my salt is made in Ghana; my butter is made in Ireland; my milk is made in Holland; my shoe is made in Italy; my vegetable oil is made in Malaysia; my biscuit is made in Indonesia; my chocolate is made in Turkey and my table water made in France. My taste is far-flung and foreign. I no longer cook at home but take pride in eating at take-away outlets fashioned after the Western style of living.
Anything made in my land is inferior; I prefer those made in England, America or Europe . To crown it all, items made in my land but specifically sent abroad with made in England labels are brought back from 'Oyinbo' land at 5 times the original price it would have gone for had it been sold as home made, please re-brand me.

My people are cancerous from the greed of their friends who bleach palm oil with chemicals; my children died because they drank 'My Pikin' with NAFDAC numbers; my poor die because kerosene explodes in their faces; my land is dead because all the trees have been cut down; flood kills my people yearly because the drainage is clogged; my fish are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers; my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done. My livelihood is in jeopardy, and I am in the uttermost depths of despondence, please re-build me.

I have genuine leather but choose to eat it.. So I spend a billion dollars to import fake leather. I have four (4) refineries, but prefer to import fuel, so I waste more billions to import petrol and diesel. I have no security in my country, but would rather send troops to keep the peace in another man's land. I have 160 dams, but cannot get water to drink, so I buy 'pure' water that broils my inwards. I have a million children waiting to enter universities, but my ivory dungeons can only take a tenth (10 %). I have no power (electricity) , but choose to flare gas, and vote billion of dollars every year to generate electricity but not a single watt has come from it. So, my people have learnt to see in the dark and stare at
the glare of Unclad flares. I have no direction, please re-build me.

My people pray to God every morning and every night, but commit every crime known to man because re-branded identities will never alter the tunes of inbred rhythms. Just as the drums of heritage heralds the frenzied jingles, remember - the Nigerian soul can only be Nigerian - fighting free from the cold embrace of a government that has no spring, no sense, no shame. So we watch the possessed, frenzied dance, drenched in silent tears as freedom is locked up in democracy's empty cellars. I need guidance, please re-build me.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by abbeycial: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
hmmmm...o ma se oo
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2012
[size=14pt]I drive the latest cars in the world but have no roads, neither can I boast of manufacturing a bicycle's tyre. I lose family and friends everyday on my roads for which funds have been allocated to build and rehabilitate but the fund has been looted. I lose my young, my old, and my most brainy and productive people to the potholes, craters and crevasses they travel on everyday. I am in permanent mourning, please re-build me.[/size]

[img]http://thehaughs.files./2011/06/4655653-pothole-0.jpg?w=645[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-e6Xgu7iHysk/TyvT6HvmY8I/AAAAAAAAJyA/e91pkieIFtY/s400/car%2Baccident.jpg[/img]
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
I drive the latest cars in the world but have no roads, neither can I boast of manufacturing a bicycle's tyre. I lose family and friends everyday on my roads for which funds have been allocated to build and rehabilitate but the fund has been looted. I lose my young, my old, and my most brainy and productive people to the potholes, craters and crevasses they travel on everyday. I am in permanent mourning, please re-build me.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-vG6oykhmHYk/T8oUo9jYX2I/AAAAAAAACxg/re4QqReZ7VE/s1600/pic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Pu1wjq4e-bU/TndeJyx3GeI/AAAAAAAAAhk/oBan1SIbSns/s320/potholes+as+big+as+a+swimming+pool+filled+with+water.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by crusufixo(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
sad
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by k2039: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
Op,what about our aviation sector and our private jets owner

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by ghettodreamz(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
GOD, NIGERIA NEED YOUR HELP.
GOD, NIGERIANS NEED YOUR HELP
GOD, HEAL OUR LANDS AND SAVE YOUR PEOPLE
BECAUSE WE ARE YOUR ISRAELITES
IN JESUS NAME, I HAVE ASKED, AMEN...
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by idesignwebsite(m): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
I am a Nigerian,I see all the good in my country and try to solve the bad in them,I offer honest criticism when necessary. I know we have challenges,so also are some of the finest countries in the world. The question is what is our attitude?

3 Likes

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by acidtalk: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
If Counteries Were For Sale Will You Buy Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/1062365/countries-sale-buy-nigeria
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by CrazyMan(m): 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2012
Weeping profusely...so true cry
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Booty4me: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
whats happening here
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by seedord247(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
Tears running out of my eyes....

When will it be better??

Is it gonna be like this forever?

We all want changes but are we ready to change ourselves?

Are we ready to leggo tribalism and live as one nation?

Are we ready to see our neighbour as our number one family?...

We dont need to point fingers at any tribe or ethnic group......

4 Likes

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by ebamma(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
I am ebamma, i am from Panama, i love eating garri,
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by RedLight1: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
Oma se o.. So touching
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Revolva(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nigeria is just a mistake
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Smooyis(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and call on me...........so says the Lord. If only we can get rid of pride and seek for God's intervention. Take it or leave it Nigeria and nigerians need deliverance! From evil forces dat are bent on frustrating all efforts towards growth. Not until we recognise our God sent saviour. Until then, songs of lamentation can continue.........
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
So true! sad

k2039: Op,what about our aviation sector and our private jets owner

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Smooyis(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
U mean so touching!
Red-Light:
Oma se o.. So touchy
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
The poor is hopelessly Hopeless, Being Poor Is A tragedy in Nigeria, The Generator Fume is just too much, i told my friend the previous night that one could die if left outside our balcony because almost all of us has got a Generator.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Smooyis(m): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
Red-Light:
Oma se o.. So touchy
u mean, so touching!
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Boa4u: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
Guy u too much,u r a good analizer.....may u live long Amen.
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by damilolaandrew: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
In spite of everything we still have the cause to thank God for the unity in our diversity and for our human resources and tallents

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
Long live Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by 1forall: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
Thanks OP for highlighting the write-up and I must give credit to the original writer. This is the kind of stuff we need to engage ourselves with. We need to educate the masses out there who have no power, no internet access nor can read. If anything is going to change by way of a people's movement, we need the masses educated enough to know to fight for their rights.

Let's arise oh compatriots!
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by AkinDavid2: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2012
What is your Blood Pressure before now? If you want it to remain normal, don't discuss Nigeria but you may choose otherwise! As my only prayer is that may those that trouble this nation never know peace!!! undecided
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
SMH...
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Redmosquito(m): 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Minion: Ur Painfulness! Nigeria wants to be rebuilt
Hades: Rebuild?! Why? Why should we rebuild what is not broken?. Nigeria is not broken!. Nigeria is enslaved! angry
Minion: Hmm! My Lord! U seem to have drunk from the well of wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by RedLight1: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Smooyis: U mean so touching!
yep! Thankz
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by RedLight1: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Revolva: Nigeria is just a mistake
move to ghana nah
Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by damilolaandrew: 5:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Thanking God this Visual Artist Ayeola Ayodeji Awizzy's talent (http://www.ayeola.com..... http://www.awizzy.net)

oko baba landscape painting by ayeola ayodeji abiodun awizzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hfbJJkQyT0

nude painting by ayeola ayodeji abiodun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MAAP5PYBw

bend down boutique landscape painting by ayeola ayodeji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7byRxOUw0

Re: I Am Nigeria And I am Broken by Lordave: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are those cows Nigerians too ? sorry,i mean northeners. lipsrsealed
I wan die cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019 / Bill Gates And President Buhari Speak On The Phone / Industrialization Grandplan, Akeredolu’s Remarkable Strides In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.