Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert (14807 Views)

Before Or After Breakfast? / Dizzy After Breakfast........ Doctors In The House Plz Comment! / Do You Brush Before Or After Breakfast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by tjay01(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Wow, I just remembered that I dint brush my teeth dis morning b4 having breakfast. I guess I'll go and do dat now and come back later to comment.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by ignis: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Iaz93: Nice. . .i'll start brushing after every meal
Olodo, not after every meal, she said breakfast, cant you read again?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by chinnyonwu(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
Yay! I won!!
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
The woman is a bit misleading. The general idea is brush twice a day-morning and night. No one ever really said if the morning part was before or after breakfast. If you've not brushed the night prior, it should be before, if you have, it should be after. After I brush at night, I don't brush till around noon after I've had breakfast and some other ijekuje tongue.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2012
catch_cold: Do not believe everything u see on the internet because it has a quote attached to it.
-socretes.

Anachronism! Socrates died long before the internet. Its like saying you saw a picture of George Washington with a blackberry...
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by firestar(f): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hm.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by bobolekepee(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
Yeah! Dis wat i do everyday since i knw my rite hand differs 4rm my left hand wink
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Pakavy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
dat is if poor man lyk me gt d breakfast 2 chow..my breakfast and brush na my chewing stick
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by aribisala0(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
depends on why you brush. I.e Mouth odour,fresh breath,freesh taste,sparkling white teeth,morning ritual

Nothing wrong in brushing before and after.Also depends on what you eat.If you eat sugary processed foods you might need to brush after each meal,snack etc and even use a mouth wash. Diet is a key reason why Africans used to have white teeth now that is changing and so many Mr Browns about
Many Granpas chew their sticks after each meal and die with all their teeth intact and white.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by ARareGem(f): 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
apocalypse:

If there ever was a time the " General knowledge " was wrong , now would be it. The proper thing to do is to brush after every meal , not before but after , so if you chow four times in the day you are expected to brush four times.

grin That means investing in one of these tooth paste manufacturing companies would be good investment.

Abeg, someone let me know the leading manufacturer. It's urgent!
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
I don't even greet anyone in the morning until i brush not to talk of swallowing food before brushing.

RUbbish talk

so if i have to eat first before brushing, that means when i eat in the afternoon too, i should brush and then night too brush?, that's how many times? how many offices in Nigeria have where to brush in the afternoon? are those working in the office suppose to go to work with toothpaste and brush?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
I've always brushed my teeth AFTER breakfast anyway. That's what every dentist I've used has recommended. I've never had any teeth removed, lost any to decay or gum disease, had any cavities, so no fillings. With this in mind, I guess the dentists must be right!

1 Like

Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by DonPedro21(m): 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2012
The last time I brushed my teeth after breakfast was because I forgot brush before breakfast.
I really have lots of learning to do.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2012
Kslib: Yes,that's what i do.. Brush after meal,and brush to bed.. When you even wake-up in the morning,your breath will still be fresh.. But make sure you dont brush after drinking garr! Cos the toothpaste will react with what we call garrisuphilisun ijebuguma found in garr! and render the active ingredient useless.. So just rinse ya mouth with water after smoking garr!..
Remember,one cup of garr! A day keeps evil spirit/badluck away

grin grin grin grin grin grin Bros, I don laff fall for ground! U too much jor grin grin grin LWTMB for here jare!
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by bularuz(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2012
brushing is meant to remove food particles from ur teeth, so it is always clinically better to brush after u eat .
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Smartjeezy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
denzel2009:

Na one tooth you get?
ask google or wikipedia... Idiota+damfool
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Smartjeezy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
denzel2009:

Na one tooth you get?
ask google or wikipedia... Idiota+dam.fool
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by denzel2009: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2012
Smart jeezy: ask google or wikipedia... Idiota+damfool

dodoyo..no be you write am?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by uchlukez(f): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2012
Even b4 I wake up, I brush
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by verbum: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
Do you consider that the paste is chemical, that is the gum holding the teeth is at risk. ;DDo you consider that the paste is chemical, that is the gum holding the teeth is at risk.
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Smartjeezy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
denzel2009:

dodoyo..no be you write am?
is dat ur business? Cabra estúpida tonta loca
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by slimyem: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
...that's what i do most of the time anyways not because i know the rules but because i'm mostly too lazy to brush before i eat...
On another note,what happens to those who eat late in the morning at work,should they also go with their toothbrushes and paste to work?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by princeonx: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2012
Kslib: Yes,that's what i do.. Brush after meal,and brush to bed.. When you even wake-up in the morning,your breath will still be fresh.. But make sure you dont brush after drinking garr! Cos the toothpaste will react with what we call garrisuphilisun ijebuguma found in garr! and render the active ingredient useless.. So just rinse ya mouth with water after smoking garr!..
Remember,one cup of garr! A day keeps evil spirit/badluck away...
Only one cup a day? And you're saying it now?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Timijo(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
Remember,one cup of garr! A day keeps evil spirit/badluck away...
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by doofanc: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
dre44k: I'm so addicted to this, I do feel lazy brushing my teeth before taking my breakfast, so I rather mouth wash with water only, then brush my teeth proper after eating my breakfast.

yeah this is a good idea
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by SirMethod: 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2012
slap1: I can't even swallow anything in the morning till I brush my teeth.
It is bcoz u don't brush b4 going to bed. It is more important to brush b4 going to bed than any other time of the day. The best way is, rinse ur mouth with fresh water b4 breakfast, then brush after the bf. for every oda meal, alwayz rinse afta eating or chewing. Finally, u brush after all the bites of the day. In this manner, ur teeth wld be perfect. Brushing more than twice a day wld do more harm than good to ur teeth esp if they are not at their best.

1 Like

Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by charlsecy4(m): 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
[size=15]Good, but don't brush immediately after eating. Wait at least 1 hour before brushing. This is because acids in food soften the enamel, brushing immediately after means gradual withering of dental foundation. Rinse your mouth, and WAIT AT LEAST 1 hour before brushing...[/size]

For more information, please see my (charlsecy4) post at https://www.nairaland.com/1022816/tips-mantain-fresh-breath-kiss
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Clerverly: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2012
[quote author=Smart jeezy]don't mind them jare.They are mental handicap
Na wah for grammer ooo grin shocked
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by gudmind: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2012
Any one of d two
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2012
Bt wait oo i dnt get it...i shuld use d fud to brush down mcos into my stomach...wot den am i brushn
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by adefash(m): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
If microbes are present in our mouth and they feed fat on the remnants of the left over meal, we can be washing our mouth with alcohol to kill the bacteria (joke). Instead of brushing mouth after every meal why not be washing it with mouth wash? Abi we go dey go fast food joints with tooth paste again?
Re: Brush After Breakfast, Not Before — Expert by Destindave(m): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Resident Doctors Proceed On Indefinite Strike, Reject FG's Offer / Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev / Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.