Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,347 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? (9214 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by candieangel12(f): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
abiL:

Google it up man.

+1000000

Mr. Anony, make google your friend. Maybe it can also teach you some steps that will help you come out of the closet. Good luck on your journey and remember, we wont judge you.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by abiL(f): 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, that is a very poor response my dear?

Haven't you got a night vigil to be going to? undecided
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2012
candieangel12:

+1000000

Mr. Anony, make google your friend. Maybe it can also teach you some steps that will help you come out of the closet. Good luck on your journey and remember, we wont judge you.
as I said to your friend, "google it up" shows you don't know what you are talking about. If you were sure of your sources, you would have provided them. I will not do your research for you if you can't defend your stance.

By the way, suggesting that I am homosexual does nothing to take away the fact that you have failed to back up your claim.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2012
abiL:

Haven't you got a night vigil to be going to? undecided
Nope
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Dipwater(m): 12:01am On Nov 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
or prayed for?

While praying for them wat do u think shuld be done to stop or discourage their se/xual orientation

Personaly I don't hate gay people ,I don't give a swimming f/uck about their life .at first wen I heard about the gay stuff it was disgusting.cuz I have neva heard of such in my life,but along the line I got used to it,seeing them around and even have some as close friends. They are normal people ,so pls show them love

Nothing stops u from preaching to them if u feel like ,but don't judge and condemn people unnecessarily. We all have freedom of choice and it shuld be respected .I can't force people to see things thru ur lens

In naija if we don't want to accept gay in our soceity ,we shuld cast vote "for or against gay".majority votes shuld rule .if the majority voted against it ,fine! .but not sentencing them to death or prison its outrageous ,crazy and very backward

I can see why they said our I Q is below 69 .in naija ,we reason like people that have mental problem.if am a xtian that lives up north am in trouble,if am a muslim that lives in the mist of xtians am in deep sh/it ,if am an agnostic (that's me) they will threaten me with hell and disturb my sleep with their early mor mor preaching . I tire for the cuntry

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 14, 2012
Science has not proven if people are born gay with definite results.

I dont know if people are born gay or even straight.

What I do know is that it makes more sense for gay people to be left alone. Rather than stoned or persecuted.

Just like most of us here can not be turned gay, i doubt a gay person can be turned straight.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by abiL(f): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03: Science has not proven if people are born gay with definite results.

What I do know is that it makes more sense for gay people to be left alone. Rather than stoned or persecuted.

Just like most of us here can not be turned gay, i doubt a gay person can be turned straight.

Talk the talk joor! smiley
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2012
Dipwater:

While praying for them wat do u think shuld be done to stop or discourage their se/xual orientation

Personaly I don't hate gay people ,I don't give a swimming f/uck about their life .at first wen I heard about the gay stuff it was disgusting.cuz I have neva heard of such in my life,but along the line I got used to it,seeing them around and even have some as close friends. They are normal people ,so pls show them love

Nothing stops u from preaching to them if u feel like ,but don't judge and condemn people unnecessarily. We all have freedom of choice and it shuld be respected .I can't force people to see things thru ur lens

In naija if we don't want to accept gay in our soceity ,we shuld cast vote "for or against gay".majority votes shuld rule .if the majority voted against it ,fine! .but not sentencing them to death or prison its outrageous ,crazy and very backward

I can see why they said our I Q is below 69 .in naija ,we reason like people that have mental problem.if am a xtian that lives up north am in trouble,if am a muslim that lives in the mist of xtians am in deep sh/it ,if am an agnostic (that's me) they will threaten me with hell and disturb my sleep with their early mor mor preaching . I tire for the cuntry

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by ijawkid(m): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2012
Logicboy03: Science has not proven if people are born gay with definite results.

Nobody is gonna stone or persecute them...

We just wanna let them know that its madness to be gay.......

Just like elton John,,,...,he's a madmÀn to me.....marry's a man but yet want kids.....
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2012
They should b burnt.period
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 14, 2012
Gay people are not normal.
I think those people on this thread that are in support of hömosexuality are actually homosexuals themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2012
fellis: Gay people are not normal.
I think those people on this thread that are in support of hömosexuality are actually homosexuals themselves.

ok

But I hope you trolling, else you're a disgusting bigot.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

ok

But I hope you trolling, else you're a disgusting bigot.

I am not trolling; homösexuality is not normal. Think what you will.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 12:30am On Nov 14, 2012
Dipwater:

It is because I love them that I pray for them. I have homosexual friends too (actually, two lesbian friends who are getting "married" soon) and I love them dearly but then sin is sin. And what is cool is that we can have this conversation about their sexual preference and I can still preach to them and we always agree to disagree but the point is that they know i love them and they know where I stand.
I still maintain that we should pray for them.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2012
fellis:

Why is it not normal? Give me cogent non-religious reasons.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 12:32am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Would you consider peadophilia normal?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 12:37am On Nov 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
It is because I love them that I pray for them. I have homosexual friends too (actually, two lesbian friends who are getting "married" soon) and I love them dearly but then sin is sin. And what is cool is that we can have this conversation about their sexual preference and I can still preach to them and we always agree to disagree but the point is that they know i love them and they know where I stand.
I still maintain that we should pray for them.

Did they ask for your prayers? Did they indicate in any way that they wanted you to pray their gay away? If not, I would suggest you respect them and keep them out of your prayers. Think of the golden rule, not the shallow version. Do you want them to pray your straight away? Actually, since straight is popular, lets try this; would you want a racist to pray your black away?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2012
Smartie gurl: Should they be killed? Should they be jailed? Should they be stoned? Should they be left alone? Should they be encouraged? Or should we pray for them? Wats ur opinion?

Why the debate on someone else's life and activities!? As long as they dont approach you,why bother about what they do with their private lives.

Learn to mind your own business!
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Because it is unnatural.
Males and females have complimentary sex organs that are meant to aid reproduction and to procreate the species. And that is what evolution tends to favor; procreation and longevity of species.
That is the natural order of things.
How does homösexuality follow this natural order again?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 14, 2012
Let me state here that I don't hate gay people and I don't support the maltreatment of gay people. But for crying out loud people should stop claiming that homosexuality is normal just because they want to look progressive.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 14, 2012
fellis:

Then why are you calling people you dont know homosexuals? Is that what islam teaches you?

Just because someone supports gay rights, it doesnt mean that the person is gay.

SMH
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 14, 2012
ijawkid:

Nobody is gonna stone or persecute them...

We just wanna let them know that its madness to be gay.......

Just like elton John,,,...,he's a madmÀn to me.....marry's a man but yet want kids.....

He is a madman because he doesnt believe your religious nonsense?

You better check your own life before you start hating on Elton John, Yahoo boy!
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 12:51am On Nov 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Would you consider peadophilia normal?

It could have biological basis. If it does, then for the pedophile, that is normal, as that is what his physiology is programmed to do. Pedophilia though, is extremely harmful to one of the parties involved. You are comparing something that actively harms children to something done (and is considered pleasurable/desirable to all parties involved) by consenting adults?

This from the person who usually complains when someone appeals to emotions. You pick one of the most reviled groups of humans to garner emotional points, just so you could get your desired answer. Ignoring the fact that the conditions are completely different. One is totally harmless, the other one of the most harmful things one could do to a child. That is a particularly low and disgusting tactic anony.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 12:54am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

Did they ask for your prayers? Did they indicate in any way that they wanted you to pray their gay away? If not, I would suggest you respect them and keep them out of your prayers. Think of the golden rule, not the shallow version. Do you want them to pray your straight away? Actually, since straight is popular, lets try this; would you want a racist to pray your black away?
Why are the contents of my prayers such an issue for you? Is it any of your business who and what I pray for?

Lol, secondly you seem to somehow think that homosexuality is a natural way of being. You are equating it with being born black for instance. Well my friend, to legitimately make that comparison, you must show that homosexuals are born that way. I hold that homosexuality is a sin. It is the action and the lust.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 1:00am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

It could have biological basis. If it does, then for the pedophile, that is normal, as that is what his physiology is programmed to do. Pedophilia though, is extremely harmful to one of the parties involved. You are comparing something that actively harms children to something done (and is considered pleasurable/desirable to all parties involved) by consenting adults?

This from the person who usually complains when someone appeals to emotions. You pick one of the most reviled groups of humans to garner emotional points, just so you could get your desired answer. Ignoring the fact that the conditions are completely different. One is totally harmless, the other one of the most harmful things one could do to a child. That is a particularly low and disgusting tactic anony.
Lol, let me put things in perspective for you a bit.... Scenario: A 40 year old man has sex with a 14 year old girl who prior to that instance was already very sexually active.

Please give cogent non-religious reasons why and how one of the parties in this arrangement is harmed.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2012
fellis:
Because it is unnatural.
Males and females have complimentary sex organs that are meant to aid reproduction and to procreate the species. And that is what evolution tends to favor; procreation and longevity of species.
That is the natural order of things.
How does homösexuality follow this natural order again?

There are also the many examples of homosexuality in nature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

There's a lot of other things done in nature that we might consider picking up since they are 'natural', for instance we could consider infanticide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide_%28zoology%29

But I think more troublesome as far as rights are concerned, are you implying that everyone must procreate just because you say so?
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

#Anony debunked
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Jallowbalde: 1:01am On Nov 14, 2012
wiegraf:

..what this person said.

Being pedophile/hebefile ( as in being attracted to kids/young teens ) is not the bad thing here. What is bad, is when they go buy their attractions, and use other people for it. And yes, it IS use and abuse, because the younger ones are not grown enough to make this choice, specially not about s*x.

Google up people being born gay, there are actually many scientists supporting it. Why do you think that people wish to fight for their right to be gay, even in countries where they risk getting killed, beaten in public etc, for being gay...? Do people think they do it for fun?

As for having kids, well. It is part of human instinct to wish to reproduce.

And for the person asking if God made people gay; Hell, why not? There are gays in almost every living creatures, most likely to help slow down population.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Jallowbalde: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, let me put things in perspective for you a bit.... Scenario: A 40 year old man has sex with a 14 year old girl who prior to that instance was already very sexually active.

Please give cogent non-religious reasons why and how one of the parties in this arrangement is harmed.

Being with a 14year old does not make you a pedophile. It might make you a hebefile, depending on how far ahead the girl was in puberty.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by MrAnony1(m): 1:11am On Nov 14, 2012
Jallowbalde:

Being with a 14year old does not make you a pedophile. It might make you a hebefile, depending on how far ahead the girl was in puberty.
that's a new word I am hearing "hebefile". Hmm let me look it up.
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 14, 2012
Jallowbalde:

A hebephile is still a pedophile. Most pedophiles actually molest teenagers rather than infants
Re: What Should Be Done About The Nigerian Gay & Lesbian Problem? by wiegraf: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Why are the contents of my prayers such an issue for you? Is it any of your business who and what I pray for?

Lol, secondly you seem to somehow think that homosexuality is a natural way of being. You are equating it with being born black fro instance. Well my friend, to legitimately make that comparison, you must show that homosexuals are born that way. I hold that homosexuality is a sin. It is the action and the lust.

Bolded, sins? Really? Just like how it was more or else a sin to be black to mormons? And the rest of the world is supposed to take you seriously because? Are you of the opinion muslims should condescend/pray for you because you're a kaffir? You might be looking forward to that but I'd rather they kept me out of their thoughts, thank you very much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation#Biological_differences_in_gay_men_and_lesbians
There may be no smoking gun, but there are notable differences, especially in brain physiology. Regardless, choice or no, it is condescending silly holier than thou crap brah, with sometimes insidious consequences (but we can ignore those, for now). You can pray for them all you want, it's a free world. Or you think I haven't noticed? I will pray to Pikkiwokki to cure you from your xtianity as well. That's how it works, no?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Meaning Of "No One Is Good Except God Alone" / Another Warning By Kingsley Ubani - Is This Revelation Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.