Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,356 members, 7,957,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

[C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) (15312 Views)

My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / [b]Any body with a simple understanding of open source?[/b] / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
WhiZTiM: Tried resending u a mail here I didnt know it did not get to you. Ok. I did just dish out my email here.... Dnt like spammers or bots picking up my email address. Here is it. Remove the % and translate the brackets. "%whiztim (at) outlook (dot) com%"
jst beep me with a simple mail.
The QSystemTray implementation?? 20%. Only started subclassing it before I had to suspend it for other tight engagements. So, Not done. Will be done before the coming week runs out.... But meanwhile, can u Upload ur recent work lemme use that. I love your QML design. Pretty good for touch screen esp Windows8.
oh.. okay.. will upload soon. the design is not QML. for me to do that in QML I will have to write lots of code just to implement default UI behaviours. the design was just done with qss(Qt style Sheets). Qt version of CSS
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by jacob05(m): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2012
Wow, Cool project.. remember doing sometime like this but not as deep while learning python back then (https://www.nairaland.com/197567/programming-challenge-pythonjavavb.net-etc#3297355).... Thumbs Up #Following wink
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
jacob05: Wow, Cool project.. remember doing sometime like this but not as deep while learning python back then (https://www.nairaland.com/197567/programming-challenge-pythonjavavb.net-etc#3297355).... Thumbs Up #Following wink
yeah... Similar stuff
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
lordZOUGA: @₱®ÌИСΞ, sorry for not giving you feedback on the dropbox acct... Will update you soon
cool no p...
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Kwestc: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
I have tried your program, I think it is interesting. But you can make it more interesting by:

1. Adding a listener to any registered folder.
2. Let the program run as a system service.
3. Try reduce the overall program size (7.523 MB) is much for this current feature. Eliminate any dll that is not useful for now (If using other language is not an option).

Thanks, keep making Nigeria proud.

Seun (where is omotodun? I 've really miss him).
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 1:11am On Nov 26, 2012
The maximum compression I have achieved with an app made outta Qt libraries is 3.5MB. And if am not mistaken, that one that was uploaded was compiled with GDB debugging symbols. (debug mode). Hence the libraries are a bit larger than usual. Sorry Kwest, but it is completely impossible to have this app under 4.8MB in Windows... One of Qt's drawback in Windows. But when more features come by in the future, I bet you wouldnt complain of 'app size to app functionality' ratio.

@lordZOUGA. I hv recieved your mail over my phone(I dunno why I cnt send email on it)... Wil reply u as soon as I am on PC. And did an extra work on the system tray... Wanna implement it as a shared library( plain stupidity huh? :-) ). Its been crashing the app. Trying to figure out my 2nd problem. 1st problem on the shared library was the compiler complaining of vtable as regards to moc translation of Q_OBJECT Macro. I managed to solve that one. Now... this current problem? Arrgh!!... Will continue later in the week... I hope the integration of my silly little library works....

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:04am On Nov 26, 2012
Kwest ++c:
I have tried your program, I think it is interesting. But you can make it more interesting by:

1. Adding a listener to any registered folder.
2. Let the program run as a system service.
3. Try reduce the overall program size (7.523 MB) is much for this current feature. Eliminate any dll that is not useful for now (If using other language is not an option).

Thanks, keep making Nigeria proud.

Seun (where is omotodun? I 've really miss him).
I cannot run the program as a service unless I purchase the commercial version of Qt. Add a listener?? I thought I already did that
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:15am On Nov 26, 2012
WhiZTiM: The maximum compression I have achieved with an app made outta Qt libraries is 3.5MB. And if am not mistaken, that one that was uploaded was compiled with GDB debugging symbols. (debug mode). Hence the libraries are a bit larger than usual. Sorry Kwest, but it is completely impossible to have this app under 4.8MB in Windows... One of Qt's drawback in Windows. But when more features come by in the future, I bet you wouldnt complain of 'app size to app functionality' ratio.

@lordZOUGA. I hv recieved your mail over my phone(I dunno why I cnt send email on it)... Wil reply u as soon as I am on PC. And did an extra work on the system tray... Wanna implement it as a shared library( plain stupidity huh? :-) ). Its been crashing the app. Trying to figure out my 2nd problem. 1st problem on the shared library was the compiler complaining of vtable as regards to moc translation of Q_OBJECT Macro. I managed to solve that one. Now... this current problem? Arrgh!!... Will continue later in the week... I hope the integration of my silly little library works....
I can't imagine why you want to use a shared library.. this would take at most 12 lines of code
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2012
lordZOUGA:
I can't imagine why you want to use a shared library.. this would take at most 12 lines of code
err... I doubt at most 12 lines.... its a lil bit over 12.
Secondly... I'v never implemented a shared library in Qt before...
Thirdly, I think I get your point. I'll abandon the shared library thing for a major class/routine in future... so, i'll just go back in my free time, scrap the silly endeavor and hardcode it into the project..

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:49am On Nov 26, 2012
I have updated the remote repository.. the combobox not working yet
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:15am On Nov 26, 2012
no binaries yet. Will be available tommorrow depending on how much power my PC sees today
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 9:28pm On Nov 26, 2012
Done with systemtray integration... Now prompts close... Whether to run in background(tray) or exit.
Removed "QtConcurrent" header.

Question: where do I place the updates and binary

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:37pm On Nov 26, 2012
WhiZTiM: Done with systemtray integration... Now prompts close... Whether to run in background(tray) or exit.
Removed "QtConcurrent" header.

Question: where do I place the updates and binary
did you use the recent commit?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

cool no p...
dropbox account is ready. so how do we do it?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2012
nope. I will tomorrow when I am on PC.

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
lordZOUGA:
dropbox account is ready. so how do we do it?

inbox me ur email addy so id share the folder or i cud email it...anyone
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

inbox me ur email addy so id share the folder or i cud email it...anyone
okay
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
nl says i have a new pm but i cnt find it undecided angry ... my email is .......
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2012
@₱®ÌИСΞ, got your mail. Hosted the page at http://lordzouga.github.com/Relax
maybe later, if I can afford a domain or someone provides one, I will move it there. Good work
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2012
lordZOUGA: @₱®ÌИСΞ, got your mail. Hosted the page at http://lordzouga.github.com/Relax
maybe later, if I can afford a domain or someone provides one, I will move it there. Good work

fanks .... finish the 'contact us' form @ the bottom of the page..n sha make an app icon (to be used as favicon)
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

fanks .... finish the 'contact us' form @ the bottom of the page..n sha make an app icon (to be used as favicon)

okay.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2012
I haven't updated this thread for a while because the internet connection for my PC was disrupted. So, no update for the remote repository.
I have created a ppa for ubuntu users but yet to add packages to it.
Will update once I restore my internet connection.
@whiztim, you got mail
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
lordZOUGA:
@whiztim, you got mail

Yep... I just saw it... I have responded appropriately.....

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by sparko1(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2012
please i am new to c++, just started it in school, the point is i need a compiler for this program, how do i get one?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
sparko1: please i am new to c++, just started it in school, the point is i need a compiler for this program, how do i get one?
which compiler do you have?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by sparko1(m): 6:46am On Dec 07, 2012
lordZOUGA:
which compiler do you have?

none! i am new to the program i need help on how to get one.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2012
sparko1:

none! i am new to the program i need help on how to get one.
goto http://mingw.org to get a compiler
this is not the right thread for your problem. Please create a new thread for it use an existing thread that treats similar problem
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2012
I need someone with intel ubuntu(linux) to test this please... https://github.com/downloads/lordzouga/Relax/relax_1.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb please if it installed and you were able to run the software indicate here.
to uninstall run this command in your terminal: sudo dpkg --purge relax

haven't added the uninstall script yet
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
goon: It works very well on my ubuntu 12.04
okay, do you have any previous installation of qt libraries?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2012
to use the online repository(normal apt-get install)

open your terminal and add the repository, you will need an internet connection:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ozojiechikelu/relax-ppa

after that, type the following command
sudo apt-get update

after it updates the local app db
then run:

sudo apt-get install relax

this way you automatically get new updates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria? / Web Design, Web Development And Mobile App Development Tutorial / Are Programmers Born Or Made?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.