Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

[C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) (15030 Views)

My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / [b]Any body with a simple understanding of open source?[/b] / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:46am On Dec 29, 2012
javanian?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Javanian: 1:15am On Dec 29, 2012
wanted to ask if you had an executable for windows, but i found it..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 29, 2012
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:27am On Dec 29, 2012
omo_to_dun: How did I miss this project? I gave up on the programming section a long time ago. For the better part of this year, all I have been doing on Nairaland is trolling, as evidenced from my enrolment in the First Commenters Association of Nairaland.

lordZOUGA, Javanian, and others have rekindled my interest into this section, so I have decided to come back and learn from them.

Good job lordZOUGA.
thank you. I wondered what happened to you too.. Now I know..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by kishimi8(m): 1:38am On Jan 03, 2013
seems like we actually are getting somewhere . wish novices like me could contribute. well lemme go grab the source .
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by playahP(m): 1:47am On Jan 03, 2013
Una dey mad!!.... So does u want me to understand this
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by fittty(m): 1:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Can someone please translate all these into english for me? undecided
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by pak: 1:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Wow ! You guys are great !

LordZouga et al, You can't imagine how proud I am of you guys.

That's what has been lacking in the Naija tech space.

Originality and the willingness to contribute rather than just consume. Great Job !
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by pak: 2:04am On Jan 03, 2013
fittty: Can someone please translate all these into english for me? undecided

hmmmm . . . . .let me try it in lay-girl's terminology

Let's say you normally download Pictures of Kim Kardashian and Knaye, and collect tuface's song from some of your friends, while ripping your DVDs to store movies featuring Segun Arinze and Tonto Dike and once in a while when you remember you need to pass your exams, you download some textbooks as PDF.

The problem : Since you are a bit disorganised, you end up scattering this files all over your system and it sometimes becomes impossible to find them when you need them.

Solution : Relax ! How ? It allows you to create/specify a folder - let's call the folder 'notorious big'. It also requires that you specify which folder you want each file type to go(e.g. music, video, pdf e.t.c.). So whenever you get a new file into your system, just drop it into 'notorious' folder and pronto, it is automatically sent to the right kind of folder ensuring easy access when you need the files.

N.B. - if you've ever used free download manager, it might give you a bit of an idea

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by crazygod(m): 2:31am On Jan 03, 2013
Blah blah blah blah. Abeg make una speak english.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Javanian: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2013
L.M.A.O

Relax!
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 2:59am On Jan 03, 2013
crazygod: Blah blah blah blah. Abeg make una speak english.
lool
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by adewasco2k(m): 3:35am On Jan 03, 2013
Nice work dude
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lexzy4tune: 3:52am On Jan 03, 2013
I'm so impressed by these programmers. Reading this is not a waste of time, I gain from it.....u guys rock!
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 03, 2013
Good job! Nice project in the making. Even with tens of file managers(freeware and shareware) out there, atleast, we are going to have something from a Nigerian. That is laudable.

I would love to look up the source codes, maybe in the future.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by ecolime(m): 6:15am On Jan 03, 2013
A nice work bro. Keep it up. So proud of you.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 03, 2013
playah P: Una dey mad!!.... So does u want me to understand this

ROFLMAO.....chai....
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 03, 2013
Pls,what are you people talking about......damn confused
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:37am On Jan 03, 2013
thanks guys... @javanian thank you for putting this on the front page...
If you want to understand what this project is about, go to the first page.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2013
all4naija: Good job! Nice project in the making. Even with tens of file managers(freeware and shareware) out there, atleast, we are going to have something from a Nigerian. That is laudable.

I would love to look up the source codes, maybe in the future.
this is not exactly a file manager... If it was, I'd provide a way to traverse the filesystem
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Javanian: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2013
lordZOUGA: thanks guys... @javanian thank you for putting this on the front page...
If you want to understand what this project is about, go to the first page.

Your welcome, you deserve some credit... wink
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by dejiyusuf: 8:17am On Jan 03, 2013
Nice project and highly motivating..downloading now...will come back to give fed back! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2013
@LordZOUGA, I should think there were some updates + a Windows installer made?? ... I dnt have uploading rights to Relax Git ...its not right 4me to upload elsewhere.
And what do you think about parsing nested folders recursively...
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by ositadima1(m): 9:15am On Jan 03, 2013
Hi, u can also do this with a line of code in cmd or powershell.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
ositadima1: Hi, u can also do this with a line of code in cmd or powershell.
really?? I'd like to see the commands..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by ositadima1(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
okey wink, I opened a thread
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by snthesis(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
WhiZTiM:
hahahaha. That my friend, is the challange of programming!. What I am currently having "daymares" on is a Conditional Permutation Algorithim using a seed value of 1 < k < n!(factorial). Where k is seed value and n is word length. And for words like "hydrothermal" with 12! Possibilites. Very large number. There has to be a methodic process to generate a permutation from the seed value, k, without having to iterate up to k! times.
chei!!! my head o
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
ositadima1: okey wink, I opened a thread
do you know that you can browse the internet from the command line? Yet, people use browsers..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
WhiZTiM: @LordZOUGA, I should think there were some updates + a Windows installer made?? ... I dnt have uploading rights to Relax Git ...its not right 4me to upload elsewhere.
yeah, I remember your updates... The download section of github has been deprecated. I will mail you on my thoughts about what to do about the updates
And what do you think about parsing nested folders recursively...
That could be done but I don't think all the directories can be monitored for changes.. Or maybe for every 500 directories we install an instance of a filesystemwatcher.. But I have other projects that I have to start work on. So my support for this project won't be intense
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by ositadima1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
lordZOUGA:
do you know that you can browse the internet from the command line? Yet, people use browsers..

I like ur app. nah, it's a piece of ingenuity, besides GUI makes things easier for the less geeky.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
ositadima1:

I like ur app. nah, it's a piece of ingenuity, besides GUI makes things easier for the less geeky.
if you say so
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2013
updates?
after some conversation with my superiors, I wrote some updates for relax. for now, they are just for linux users but will start updating for windows too.

as you might suspect, most of the new updates were written in C. I feel bad for this. I really wanted this to be a C++ only project

FASTER FILE COPY
Relax! now copies file faster if the file being copied exists on the same partition. otherwise, the previous copy speed is assumed

SCANNING OF NESTED FOLDERS
Relax! now scans nested folders for files to be copied.
I'd really advice against setting a root folder to be monitored because it would take a really long time to complete. but in the end, you get an ordered system

INTEGRATION WITH UNDERLYING OPERATING SYSTEM'S FILE MANAGER
with this feature, you can use relax from anywhere within your file manager
as shown in the screenshot below, you can be in any part of your file system bring up the right-click context menu and tell relax to do stuff for you.
this feature has lots of possibilities. just implemented a few basic operations

source code is available at the repo https://github.com/lordzouga/Relax you can build it as usual. even windows users can

to build the plugin, cd to the folder labeled relax-nautilus and install with the following command
 sudo make install 
and you are done

ofcourse, the above directions are for linux users

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arduino,raspberry Pi,sensors Etc / Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? / Java Programming Vs Networking: Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.