Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

[C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) (15059 Views)

My New C# Open Source App Prevents Laptop Background Data Consumption On Windows / [b]Any body with a simple understanding of open source?[/b] / Creating An Open-source Java Web Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 10:16am On Nov 17, 2012
lordZOUGA:
hey if you really want to contribute... You can start by making a webpage for Relax nothing complex... That is if you do web design
Yea sure I can do dat...I'd send u a sample once I'm thru
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by AZeD1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Can i share the Github page on my facebook page or do i wait for the website?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2012
A-ZeD:
Can i share the Github page on my facebook page or do i wait for the website?
yes you can do that very much.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:

Yea sure I can do dat...I'd send u a sample once I'm thru
thanks boss!
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
@webdezzi, thanks for pointing out those flaws. Will fix them to the best of my ability. I heard NSIS is good for making installers have you used it?
And please.... Am not that good with C++
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2012
I never tried it, simply cos the first i tried solved all my needs.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by harryobas: 10:09am On Nov 21, 2012
lordZOUGA: As a PC user, you are probably guilty of collecting files from people and keeping it haphazardly in any folder on your PC and then later lose track of where you kept the files or you are the type that would really like a neatly arranged PC with the mp3s going to the music folder and the movies going to the video folder or the compressed files going to a predefined archive folder but you are too lazy to enforce such a rule(people like me).
If you fall into any of the category above, you must try this software. It allows you to add the notorious folders where you normally drop the files "haphazardly" and to also add folders where you would prefer certain files to be like Music folder for mp3, m4a, ogg or any music format you use. Once you specify the notorious folder and you add a file that is not meant to be there, it automatically whisks it away to the right folder immediately..
I think u could have said this with fewer sentences.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2012
In this case, we could see actions with links provided and less confusing sentences.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by harryobas: 11:22am On Nov 21, 2012
webdezzi: In this case, we could see actions with links provided and less confusing sentences.

Whatever, weather u can see actions with links and less confusing sentences or not is a completely different issue my point is that he could have used fewer sentences to say what he said. So in my opinion he has not expressed himself properly for someone who claims to be an english language guru.
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
@lordZOUGA.

-> I have finally downloaded the program.

-> Good job I must say... The code is just minimal for the program therefore, highly efficient. Goodjob!

-> I have also downloaded the full repository of the sources to study your implementation and then ...start the little improvements I can help with...

-> You should please check your inbox here. or how do we hold a private conversation here or anywhere else?
-> to go straight to the point.

-> Since you are going to have a collaborator, though this version is fairly straight forward, please make a lot of good comments on your code especially as it grows!

->+++WHAT I WOULD LIKELY IN THE COMING WEEKS++++
-> (1) Design an Icon for the Software and Integrate it. >>>People are gona freakout when it doesn't have a decent Icon
-> (2) Get a QSystemTray implementation for it. >>>People may need it hidden from their view into the System tray
-> (3) <<<You give me the 3rd suggestion>>>
-> (4) <<<tell me what you are going to do next()>>>

-> It would be nice if you create a roadmap to this project..
-> Umm... before I go on further, Are you willing to work with have me on board??

++++CHEERS!!!++++
$$++WHIZTIM++$$

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2012
update?
Gave the GUI a major overhaul... I think it looks better now.. Haven't pushed this commit to the remote repository yet... Will do that soon.

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2012
lordZOUGA: update?
Gave the GUI a major overhaul... I think it looks better now.. Haven't pushed this commit to the remote repository yet... Will do that soon.
okkk. Will back out.
You may Try and Fix the bug in the tableview. And the crash if a Wrong path is entered manually. Em Off

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 10:52am On Nov 22, 2012
@WhiZTiM, thanks for the compliment. I like keeping things simple.
Yeah, you can join the project
You can implement the systray and auto-start... If you can...
I got the icon covered(I hope..)
am going to re-structure the project directory.. And make it more intuitive? Now that people are going to be collaborating on the project.
By roadmap, you mean a todo list?
We can converse through mail but I prefer chat, are you on whatsapp?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2012
WhiZTiM:
okkk. Will back out.
You may Try and Fix the bug in the tableview. And the crash if a Wrong path is entered manually. Em Off
dude... Really.. You are this sensitive? You are backing out because I didn't reply you immediately? Mehn..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2012
harryobas:

Whatever, weather u can see actions with links and less confusing sentences or not is a completely different issue my point is that he could have used fewer sentences to say what he said. So in my opinion he has not expressed himself properly for someone who claims to be an english language guru.
you misunderstood sir, my point is that I don't care much about the english... I care about the writer proving that he can actually do or have done what he is saying.
Are you a C++ developer? You can help with this project..
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2012
No. I am not that sensitive. I am and have been going through difficult time psychologically in the past few weeks till date.
And am trying so hard to keep sane.....
Forgive me if I was apprehensive...
Ok. Am in... :-)

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2012
Ok... Any method will do... I am on whatsapp but not a regular user. I prefer mail also. I tried sending u a mail here but its not going, probably cause we aren't friends here... Or what?? *indifferently_confused*

1 Like

Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2012
WhiZTiM: Ok... Any method will do... I am on whatsapp but not a regular user. I prefer mail also. I tried sending u a mail here but its not going, probably cause we aren't friends here... Or what?? *indifferently_confused*
yeah, nairaland has a weird mail implementation. Replied you though
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
lordZOUGA: update?

what skin is this?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2012
webdezzi:

what skin is this?
huh?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by PrinceNN(m): 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
@lordzouga ...sample ... do you have a dropbox account?
i like d new interface of your software...its cooler
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
₱®ÌИСΞ:
@lordzouga ...sample ... do you have a dropbox account?
i like d new interface of your software...its cooler
Right on Man... Am not on PC now though... No dropbox acct... Been meaning to get one and this seems to be a perfect time to do that or if it is not so much trouble, you can send it to my mailbox.
Most of the development was done on ubuntu so I didn't notice how un-nice it looked until I tested it on windows 8!
Thats when I decided I must change it. Thanks
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2012
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 12:37am On Nov 23, 2012
goon: #Quietly following
@Lordzouga, watz d meaning of ur signature??
my username?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 2:18am On Nov 23, 2012
goon:
No, "God is real unless explicitly declared as an integer."
hopefully... Something blasphemous
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 23, 2012
lordZOUGA:
hopefully... Something blasphemous
you dont believe God exists?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2012
webdezzi:
you dont believe God exists?
I believe in a certain type of God
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2012
added a live-mode toggle switch so that users can switch the auto-file transfer feature on/off.
Creating a PPA repository for debian based linux users so that they can install with the apt-get install command.
will try integrating a pause feature for ongoing file transfer.
Will push changes to remote repository tonight
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
@WhiZTiM, haven't seen your mail or your email address though. have you changed your mind about the mode of communication, we can still use whatsapp.
Did you implement the systray?
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by lordZOUGA(m): 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
@₱®ÌИСΞ, sorry for not giving you feedback on the dropbox acct... Will update you soon
Re: [C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) by WhiZTiM(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2012
Tried resending u a mail here I didnt know it did not get to you. Ok. I did just dish out my email here.... Dnt like spammers or bots picking up my email address. Here is it. Remove the % and translate the brackets. "%whiztim (at) outlook (dot) com%"
jst beep me with a simple mail.
The QSystemTray implementation?? 20%. Only started subclassing it before I had to suspend it for other tight engagements. So, Not done. Will be done before the coming week runs out.... But meanwhile, can u Upload ur recent work lemme use that. I love your QML design. Pretty good for touch screen esp Windows8.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[Advice] For New Programmers, what server-Side Programming Language Is The Best? / Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? / Where Is The Best Place To Learn Programming Or Artificial Intelligence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.