Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

This Leaf Is Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Leaf Is Nigeria (1258 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Leaf Is Nigeria by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Nov 15, 2012
I sat down for so long in a place this afternoon in a building site somewhere in Nigeria, and I was thinking hard about this country and the problems we have as a people. My eyes were roving around my surroundings and right there at my side was this leaf.

This leaf must have been very fresh and healthy some few days back, till some canker-worms invaded it and started to plunder its natural resources, very sad, the leaf is helpless. These caterpillars remind me of Nigerian politicians and the ruling class, who will save this green leaf cry

1 Like

Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2012
This leaf is better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by Callotti: 10:26am On Nov 16, 2012
The will of the gods!
Who are we to challenge them? cheesy
I am a Nigerian. . .the green part of the leaf.
I have since abandoned the dead leaf to the fountains of life.
No hope. . . for who Jah curse. . . let no man bless!
Amen. kiss
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by jites(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
spyder880: I sat down for so long in a place this afternoon in a building site somewhere in Nigeria, and I was thinking hard about this country and the problems we have as a people. My eyes were roving around my surroundings and right there at my side was this leaf.

This leaf must have been very fresh and healthy some few days back, till some canker-worms invaded it and started to plunder its natural resources, very sad, the leaf is helpless. These caterpillars remind me of Nigerian politicians and the ruling class, who will save this green leaf cry

@ Spyder, very true and its so sad, however, if you look very closely you will see some small fresh GREEN shoot comming up. The "caterpillars" need to be prevented from getting to the fresh new buds. How do we go about stopping them? to be honest i dont know but i think they will ask us through election to help move their sorry arse unto the new bud so they can plunder it again like they did the big one. We need to wise up, NIGERIANS, don sale your votes for a few thousand naira because you need to eat today, whatabout tommorow. On the other hand even if you dont give them your vote it looks like they will still get in through mago mago, wuro wuro and rigging. I have a friend whose brother got elected into some office and they were all jubilating and having a party, i then asked, are you guys happy because he is now in and will sort out the problems, the answer was PROBLEM KE? now we can chop proper money, drive jeep everywhere, get contracts and give contracts to close friends etc. It sad and to be honest i see no quick solution to this problem, the only thing i can say is if you can tryand make your way and be prosperous and give your family a decent life without depending on the government or the country. GOD BLESS NIGERIA and yes after every discussion we have on Nigeria lets try and end it with GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!, thats what they do in AMERICA ABI? GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by accused(m): 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
spyder880: I sat down for so long in a place this afternoon in a building site somewhere in Nigeria, and I was thinking hard about this country and the problems we have as a people. My eyes were roving around my surroundings and right there at my side was this leaf.

After math of too much marijuana u smoke inside d bush u come dey see leaf as 9ja ,sit up young man re u not part of d problem facing 9ja,
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 18, 2012
accused: After math of too much marijuana u smoke inside d bush u come dey see leaf as 9ja ,sit up young man re u not part of d problem facing 9ja,
Hey!Hey!!Hey!!!. It's my man u're beefing, and you had better watch ur mouth lest i put in ur place. But ur post is a bit hilarious i must say. wink
accused: After math of too much marijuana u smoke inside d bush u come dey see leaf as 9ja ,sit up young man re u not part of d problem facing 9ja,
Hey!Hey!!Hey!!!. It's my man u're beefing, and you had better watch ur mouth lest i put in ur place. But ur post is a bit hilarious i must say.
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by malele(m): 6:53am On Nov 18, 2012
blink182: This leaf is better than Nigeria.
Hahahhahaahhahahahahaah
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by eaglechild: 8:38am On Nov 18, 2012
blink182: This leaf is better than Nigeria.
Chai!
You harsh oh
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2012
The pests are still eating up this country, these class of pests are well fed and very shiny, with black suits cheesy cheesy

Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by jites(m): 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
shebi whey dem finish all the green leaves they go rest. but even when all the green leaves are gone we will still be there surviving. Currently in London the trees dont have green leaves because its winter but they are still living. NIGERIA and NIGERIANS will always survive. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: This Leaf Is Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
jites: shebi whey dem finish all the green leaves they go rest. but even when all the green leaves are gone we will still be there surviving. Currently in London the trees dont have green leaves because its winter but they are still living. NIGERIA and NIGERIANS will always survive. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Very true but some of these are preventable . . . But when the people and the govt are not looking for ways to tackle the prob, they will learn the hard way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Seize Former Bayelsa Governor Timipre Sylva's Properties / Infrastructural Development In Rural Areas / I Cannot Contest Against Jonathan In 2015- Gov Amaechi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.